Featured Teams for Team of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://pokepast.es/7ea790f2effc2603 - SM DOU gengar kommo-o set up offense

This is a team I built to utilize the potent core of Mega Gengar Kommo-o. Gengar removes many of kommo-o's checks such as tapu koko, tapu fini, tapu lele and metagross. When boosted and its checks are removed, kommo-o is a very scary late game cleaner. These two are paired with some staples of DOU like Zygarde and Incineroar which also benefit from gengar's trapping to remove the same pokemon. Zygarde and Kommo-o are usually able to overwhelm any remaining counterplay. Tapu Bulu helps to keep terrain in check, KO bulky waters and to help keep the main sweepers healthy with its grassy terrain. The team is rounded out with Scarf genesect which is able to reliably revenge pokemon like Zygarde and helps in the matchup vs opposing mega gengar.

http://pokepast.es/c2575f8534a61ab7 - SM PU, Grassium Lilligant + Sensu Bulky Offense

I started this team off with one of the more overlooked threats in the PU metagame at the moment in Lilligant. Grassium-Z allows Lilligant to attack using a one time 175 base power Bloom Doom when used with Energy Ball to muscle past checks or it can also be used as Z-Sleep Powder, giving Lilligant +1 Speed to allow it to outspeed common scarfers that try to revenge kill it after a Quiver Dance. To support the Lilligant sweep I first added Calm Mind Stealth Rock Clefairy which was added so that I wouldnt have to switch Lilligant in on Pokemon such as Gastrodon and risk it getting burnt or Toxic'd, Clefairy also happens to be a good check to Fire-Types like Choice Scarf Pyroar which can check Lilligant pretty well. Gurdurr offers another win condition and can put pressure on Hail cores which Lilligant also dislikes. Choice Scarf Mesprit offers valuble team support in the form of speed control and Healing Wish which gives either of my set-up sweepers another chance after their checks have been weakened. Rocky Helmet Skuntank is an interesting set and I chose it for this team as it can provide nice chip damage to put opposing Pokemon such as Skuntank and Hitmonchan in range of Lilligants Energy Ball. Lastly, a somewhat new innovation that has been hyped in PU lately is bulky Oricorio-Sensu and it fits pretty well on this team as it's a more reliable switch in to Fighting-Types and can also check opposing Lillgants which is something you can struggle with by having a slower scarfer like Mesprit on the team.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since we will be using Finchinator RMT as NU team of the week (scheduled and all) lets roll with the last one missing, RU.

https://pokepast.es/c1d721dc3b24ac36 - SM RU Gigalith Bulky Offense provided by Ajna

Pretty straightforward team that utilizes some neat tech and lures that allow Gardevoir or Zygarde-10% to have better odds at cleaning up in the late-game. Groundium Z Gigalith supports Scarf Gardevoir extremely well. Effectively weakening opposing Steel types like Bronzong, Mega Steelix, and Doublade so Gardevoir can just proceed to spam moonblast. Defog Calm Mind Sigilyph provides strong breaking power and hazard control in a pinch for Golisopod. Adamant Zygarde-10% provides another hole puncher for the team. Adamant Nature allows Zydog to do 40% min to Virizion, does 35% on average on standard Cresselia and puts Physically Defensive Mandibuzz on quite the predicament after Stealth Rock damage. Roserade provides a neat water resist and spikes user which is something Zygarde-10% and Scarf Gardevoir appreciate to wear down its own checks. HP Ice is a cool tech to beat Gligar and Noivern which can be problematic. Sleep Powder let it punish many of its switch-ins to be taken advantage on by the rest of team. Bulk Up Golisopod is another cool tech which removes the option of pivoting on the first impression and forcing it out Insect Plate let it retain the strong revenge killing power of first impression and Bulk Up let it beat Pokemon like Registeel, Snorlax, and Chesnaught 1v1. Last, and one of the main points behind the team, is Scarf Gardevoir. Always reliable to revenge kill whats needed and really appreciate the team capabilities to wear down its own checks.

Tl;dr: Punch through things with the team, win with Gardevoir or Zygarde-10%.

Other options include running Grass Knot on Roserade, and Jolly on Zygarde-10% even though the damage difference is noticeable

Thanks a ton to Ajna for providing a really cool team!

And thats it for June. Cya around on July!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, time to bring this back up from its slumber. Past month has been rough in terms of stuff I had to deal with irl so know I hope I can continue with the pace this thread should have.

With WCOP over I think it is a good opportunity to bring some good old gens OU teams to the spotlight: Looking for BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU, AND GSC OU teams for this month of August.

With Grand Slam I understand if people wont like to share their lower tier teams given people want to go far so I saw this as a good opportunity to give some spotlight to old gens through social media given old gens tours are taking a break until next year (only BW will be seen on the next stour so). Hopefully I can get some good ones.

Cheers!

MrAldo

Hey
Ah, after a long road of looking for teams and asking people around, I can finally post a team for each format required for this month! Really wanna thank SoulWind eden's embrace TDK and Lavos for providing a BW, ADV, DPP, and GSC team respectively. Really appreciate the gesture, and you could allow me to showcase the builds in order to honor them since there wont be more old gens official tournaments until next year I believe (besides BW on next Smogon Tour).

Without further ado, lets see the teams shall we:

BW OU Sub Jirachi team by SoulWind. Used against blunder for past smogon tour finals. Sub Jirachi is very neat to punish stuff like Skarmory with Thunder.

DPP OU by TDK featuring 2 powerful choice band users in swampert and tyranitar that really a ton of pressure on teams with Trick Stealth Rock Scarf Jirachi.

ADV OU by eden's embrace featuring a really fascinating pick on Moltres paired with a good share of status spam and taunt to apply pressure to many of its checks

GSC OU by Smogon Classic Champion Lavos utilizing Belly Drum Charizard which is a very interesting and, could be said, underutilized Pokemon in GSC

Once again, thanks to the team authors for sharing them. Im very grateful. See you on the next month!

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Time to get this project back on the road! The schedule for January is as follows:
Jan 08 - LC
Jan 15 - UU
Jan 22 - NU
Jan 29 - OU

Because we are coming back from a several month hiatus, it was decided that usage tiers would be the most fluid way of integrating TotW back into the social media outlets. Some tiers such as RU and PU were struck with hefty blows in yesterday's tier shifts by usage and OU just lost Zygarde in their most recent suspect, so tiers with less changes were placed early for things to settle.

What we are looking for:
An LC team should be ready thanks to Altariel von Sweep/Coconut so that's covered. Martha graciously offered to look for a fitting UU team, so NU and OU remain. Tagging Eternally (NU co-leader) if you know of anyone in the NU section who could lend a team and/or are willing to be listed for NU QC on the OP of this thread as Disjunction seems to have retired. Also tagging Finchinator for an OU team when you feel the meta has adjusted enough to the loss of Zygarde. Thanks to everyone!

As teams are submitted, I will edit them onto this post for QC to check as they please and so they are recorded.
Latias @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 100 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

• NU team posted by banks
Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse

Rotom @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Aromatisse @ Fairium Z
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Psychic

• OU team posted by Finchinator (Moved to February 14th)
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 27 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 112 HP / 228 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 14 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Last edited:

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here I provide the team we chose Coco and I for LC:

GastBra + Trapinch by Altariel von Sweep

https://pokepast.es/4e0696e0701eb4a7
This is a team based on Abra + Gastly, the best offensive core in the metagame which can dismantle many teams thanks to their shared coverage to take care of each other's checks and counters. The rising usage of Trapinch justifies its spot in the team due to its ability to switch into the core's best answers in Pawniard and Alolan Grimer, and to trap Pursuit + Beat Up Scarf Diglett variants that try to trap the core. Mienfoo provides momentum to keep the offensive pressure on the opposing team. Lastly, the team is topped off with a defensive core of Pawniard + Chespin that make use of their typing and abilities to keep up both Stealth Rock and Spikes and check several threats in Vullaby, Foongus, Gastly + Abra, Ground-types and Shellder, to name some. The team's offensive nature leaves it prone to a weakness in Fighting-types such as Timburr and offensive variants of Mienfoo, which should be carefully scouted with Abra. Ponyta + Trapinch is a big threat that should be neutered with Trapinch if you can get momentum with Mienfoo onto Ponyta.

Last edited:

Ticken

is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
First off, thank you to everyone who graciously submitted a team for January!

The schedule for February is:
Feb 07 - VGC (Monotype)
Feb 14 - PU (OU)
Feb 21 - Monotype (VGC)
Feb 28 - OU (PU)

Last month we started with primarily usage-based tiers so this month we feel adding some variety in VGC and Monotype would be a great way to break that up a little. PU had some changes in the most recent tier shifts and has an Exeggutor-A suspect test ending tonight so if the meta is more stable, it would be nice to highlight a team for the newer PU meta. OU is easily the most active format so it's mandatory for later on in the month.

What we are looking for:
VGC is covered thanks to Eisenherz. Tagging Megazard for a PU team, please let me know if the 14th is too early due to the suspect and I will gladly exchange it's date with Monotype. Tagging Harpp for a Monotype team that maybe has seen good results in MWP2 and taggin ABR for an OU team preferably different from the OU posted in January's announcement post and possibly been used in SPL or a similarly major event.

I will again post any of the teams submitted below this line for QC to look over as they need. Thanks to everyone above!
  • Monotype team posted by Harpp
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

Thundurus-Therian @ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

Celesteela @ Metronome
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Giga Drain

Kyurem @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 228 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 172 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 220 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 112 HP / 200 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 176 HP / 20 SpA / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Defog
- Roost

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 196 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Groudon @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 132 HP / 108 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Snarl
- U-turn

Venusaur @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Exchange would probably be ideal, if eggy gets banned then to get a team by the 14th I'd basically just be grabbing a team based on 1 exhibition game that same week.

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
MZ asked me to take over this for pu as he's been overloaded with things recently

Specs Simisear Offense by LordST:

https://pokepast.es/ad732842eb42dae0

This team is built around setting up Specs Simisear to break. The team can't switch into every threat, but it can switch into the things that Simisear has trouble breaking like Claydol to switch in to Regirock and Eelektross to switch in to Gastrodon. Because the team has 3 Stealth Rock weaknesses and only Rapid Spin for removal, it is important to play aggressively with the team and try to keep Stealth Rock from going up on your side of the field. If you are able to do this, Simisear can break incredibly well to setup Scarf Dodrio or CM Oricorio-E for a sweep. The team is weak to Dark types such as Persian-Alola and Skuntank, as well as strong Water types like Specs Jellicent and Floatzel.

Ticken

B101 Leader
Ty to everyone who posted a team for the month of February! It's greatly appreciated :heart:

The schedule for March is:
March 07 - Ubers
March 14 - DOU
March 21 - RU
March 28 - UU

Ubers and DOU are fairly safe picks with their consistent banlists and have yet to be featured so I feel now's a great time to do so. RU has not been showcased for a little while now and the previous team is outdated due to tier raises so it's due for a visit. The Stakataka suspect was about a month ago so it would be beneficial to showcase a team that does well post tier changes and suspects. It was decided that every other month will alternate between OU and UU starting with UU this month going forward.

What we are looking for:
Sorry about the short notice for the Ubers team, but could Nayrz or dream locate or redirect me to someone with a sufficient team that showcases common trends in Ubers? Similarly, MajorBowman or miltankmilk could either of you locate a DOU team that also is a good representation of the current metagame? Tagging MrAldo if you could find an RU team focused around Zydog due to the increase in usage since the metagame raises. And lastly, Pearl could you do the same as posted above but a non-stall UU team? (I only mentioned non-stall since I've seen stall in recent SPL games and that wouldn't go well with the audience.)
-- If possible, a team that has a replay from an important tournament would be preferred in addition to a 3-5 paragraph description.

Thanks, everyone!

Sorted out the Ubers submission:

This is a bulky offense team structure originally built by Garay oak and edited by the Ubers VR Council that aims to get the recently surging Dragonium Z + Outrage Zygarde set into a cleaning position late game. Primal Groudon acts as a more early game wallbreaker to set Stealth Rock and shares many checks with Zygarde, opening up room for it. Mega Gengar's wide coverage range allow it to trap and remove many problems for the team overall while also acting as a revenge killer alongside Choice Scarf Yveltal against scary threats to the team such as Ultra Necrozma and Extreme Killer Arceus. Arceus-Water is chosen as the team's main defensive backbone against many offensive threats in the tier, while Trick Room Necrozma-DM's use of bulk adds security vs Xerneas and also another late game win condition against unprepared offensive teams.

In a nutshell, weaken or trap threats to the team's cleaners, while using Arceus-Water, Yveltal, and Mega Gengar as security vs opposing threats. Be careful around opposing Yveltal and Arceus-Dark. Primal Groudon can opt to use Toxic over Swords Dance to better pressure some defensive targets such as Arceus-Ground and Giratina. The below replay from the ongoing Smogon Exhibition showcases this team in action.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-862734900
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 144 HP / 156 Atk / 56 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Defog

Zygarde-Complete @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Ticken

B101 Leader
With March just about over, it is time to stock up another month with some tiers to showcase. Thanks to everyone who graciously contributed to March!

The schedule for April is:
April 04 - Monotype
April 11 - OU
April 18 - BSS
April 25 - LC

I was alerted that there will be shifts in an upcoming week so I felt it was necessary to give usage tiers some time off next month. It has also been a while since LC and BSS were featured so now would be a great time for both. Monotype hasn't been featured for about two months now and with Monotype WCoP going on, it would also be great to show off a team from that competition as well.

What we are looking for:
For Monotype, a team used in Mono WCoP but still well-describes the Monotype meta would be optimal. Tagging Harpp because he is currently tied for the best SM Mono record in the competition so far. Finchinator for a non-stall OU team, cant say or DragonWhale for a BSS team that represents the meta well, and Coconut or Altariel von Sweep for an LC team. I realize that LC is currently in a suspect but as it ends soon I feel it is fair placing it near the end of the month. If you guys feel the meta won't be stable enough by then just lmk and I will find a suitable replacement.
Some quick notes: If the team has an available replay, please share it with a 3-4 sentence write-up describing the team.

Thanks, everyone!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Ticken

Team used by ZoroDark in SPL vs BTB and myself in both STour and OST (others have used it, too, but I've whored it out a bit too much to remember specifics): here

Description: This is a bulky-offensive team centered around the core of Kartana and Tapu Bulu. The former is used as a win condition later in games, being able to clean out teams with the help of Grassy Terrain and Beast Boost. The latter is an early game hole-puncher, doing ridiculous amounts of damage with STAB, Grassy Terrain and Choice Band boosted Wood Hammer to anything that does not 4x resist it. This team makes use of Landorus-Therian as the Stealth Rock setter, specifically with Rockium Z in order to lure and eliminate opposing Tornadus-Therian and Celesteela. Finally, the defensive core of the team includes the aforementioned Tornadus-Therian as a Defog user and pivot, but it also has Pain Split + Heart Swap Magearna to tank hits from opposing Psychic types while thwarting sweep attempts and pivot Rotom-Wash to help against otherwise potent threats such as Protean Greninja, Ash Greninja, and Heatran. Overall, this is a fairly aggressive team and it has potential to break through even the most defensive opposing teams with ease if played well!

Sample replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-425538

Ticken

B101 Leader
Thanks to everyone for another successful month!

Next month, TotW will be trying out a cross-section plan where we work with the RMT section to expand on our descriptions and we provide more exposure for their work. This is only the debut and a big undertaking as well so, in order to not sacrifice motivation and quality, we will have at most 2 collaborations a month. For the month of May, we decided OU and UU will be the best choices to start this collaboration off.

The schedule for May is:
May 02 - NU
May 09 - UU (C)
May 16 - VGC
May 23 - OU (C)
May 30 - PU

NU hasn't had too many showcases and with Slowbro gone, it seems like a solid candidate to start May off strong. Next up are mandatory UU and OU tiers to test run the collaborative project we have in store. Those were the easiest choices since they are two of the most popular tiers and the RMT section, from my brief look, has some names in both sections such as TPP and I think DKM for OU and vivalos and Amane Misa for UU. Lastly, VGC has a tournament coming in the near future so showcasing a top team from there would be neat and PU hasn't had one in a little while so I feel placing it last is a fair choice.

What we are looking for:
For NU, rozes if you could provide or locate a relevant Pangoro team that would be wonderful as it was the most notable shift to NU but I will leave that up to your discretion if it is notable enough to showcase. martha just tagging you for the notification and if you could provide the UU team 2 weeks before the RMT goes up that would be optimal. (Sometime before Thursday if that is feasible, sorry about the late notice!) Sabella could you get an OU team with the same 2 weeks in advanced? Anything besides the Gren-Bulu-Mawile offensive core that we have been showcasing for more diversity. Mabe a Fini team since I heard it is been on the come up? Again I will leave that to your discretion. (Eisenherz and TJ know already but I will still tag them for alerts.)

As always, please provide a 3-4 sentence description and a replay if there is one available for the non-collab tiers. For the team creators for OU and UU, please contact maroon if you have any specific questions or concerns!

Thanks, everyone!

Ticken

B101 Leader
Thanks again to everyone who helped showcase their team and a special thanks to maroon and the rest of the RMT staff for making the collabs run smoothly!

The schedule for June is:
June 06 - Monotype (C)
June 13 - DOU
June 20 - BSS (C)
June 27 - Ubers

We decided to give OU and UU a break for now since at least one of the two have been showcased each month, and with WCoP starting and UU currently in suspect phase, we feel it is best to change it up a little. Monotype should be the most feasible RMT collab with the slight time delay and BSS is traditionally one of the more anticipated tiers for our audience so they should pair well. DOU and Ubers seem to be more stabilized tiers, around this time, as numerous tiers have some suspect test going on and have not been showcased for at least two months now.

What we are looking for:
Monotype is done thanks to Eien so no worries there. Tagging MajorBowman and talkingtree for a DOU team that is comparatively different from the last, so no Sun archetype ideally. I believe maroon already alerted you both, but I'll still tag Psynergy and chemcoop for the BSS reminder. Same note as the DOU team where it is somewhat different from the team from before -- I've been forgetting to link the teams below so message me on Discord or look on Facebook if you haven't seen the previous team already. Lastly, I already contacted Nayrz for an Ubers team, possibly used during UPL, but here's a tag for the alert. Same note as the others since I can't think of any notable changes off the top of my head.

I'll do my best to keep these posts more updated as teams are submitted. Please do not be afraid to voice your opinions or suggesting teams for a tier you are active in! No input means no objection so reaching me or posting in the TotW channel on the Social Media Discord server would be the most effective ways to get your input in.

Thanks as always, everyone!

Monotype Team: https://pokepast.es/613a941e2a2dc0d5 (Posted)
DOU Team: https://pokepast.es/544406bb47030f25 (Posted)
BSS Team: https://pokepast.es/9d6c56f3cd0ec9c3 (Posted)
Ubers Team: https://pokepast.es/82f05d83328bf54d

Last edited:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Ticken

This team was brought to PUPL Week 1, and won nicely. It features Stealth Rock + Shell Smash Carracosta which can reliably get up Stealth Rock against almost any hazard removal and also offers efficient mid-game and late game wallbreaking. The game plan generally revolves around breaking with Carracosta and Skuntank. Tangela tanks most physical hits in the metagame, whereas Lanturn and Hitmonchan both help with matchup against special attackers. Hitmonchan has removal but the team doesn't rely on removal too much, so Rapid Spin is sufficient against most opposing teams. Scarf Dodrio is fast enough and powerful enough to revenge potential threats, and can also act as a solid win condition once the remainder of the team whittles down opposing threats.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-914585848

Ticken

B101 Leader
We are halfway through 2019 so thanks again to everyone who has contributed thus far!

The schedule for July is:
July 04 - UU (C)
July 11 - LC
July 18 - VGC (C) NU (C)
July 25 - NU VGC

Our main audience prefers in-game based metagames so we want to focus a bit more on VGC both this month, as an RMT, and throughout the rest of the year. There is also an upcoming event focused around VGC making it a great time to feature something that performed well, if possible. LC and NU make a return after a couple of months. NU is hot off a Vileplume ban this morning so placing it near the end for the meta to adjust would be ideal. LC is simply overdue for another while UU is another consistent fan favorite.

What we are looking for:
For the UU team, something from UUPL would be neat as it ended just about a week ago. Late congrats to Pak, if you have any teams in mind that you're fine with sharing for the RMT that would be amazing. Just something you feel performed consistently and is still representative of the metagame, preferably with a Scizor as it was the most recent suspect. I have nothing in mind for the LC team so I'll leave that to the discretion of Altariel von Sweep and Coconut, as usual. Eisenherz mentioned that he could try to find a VGC team from the upcoming event. If you could, please ask the creator if they are willing to help out with the RMT. Lastly, lax for an NU team since you have been doing well in NU recently. Same as LC, it is up to your discretion as long as it is not too similar to the others (message me on Discord or look through the Facebook page if you haven't seen what was used before.)

Same as usual, please provide around 3-5 sentences explaining the team if you're not doing an RMT and provide any relevant replays regarding that particular team. maroon is in charge of the RMTs so if you guys have questions regarding that, please ask him!

Thanks, everyone!

UU Team by Pak: https://pokepast.es/f40fb1777e5fd10f (Posted)
LC Team by Altariel von Sweep: https://pokepast.es/1ae431b44274b030 (Posted)
NU Team by Elodin: https://pokepast.es/b93ba866b7aea4a6 (Posted)
VGC Team by Graham Amedee: https://pokepast.es/a805149392680bdb (Posted)

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Big shoutout to Ticken for hosting this project. He will be stepping down and I will take over starting August, thanks for everything you have done!

The schedule for August is:
August 1st- OU (C)
August 8th- RU
August 15th- Old Gen OU (TBD) (C)
August 22nd- DOU
August 29th- LC (C)

For this month we wanted to give OU another RMT do to WCOP being near its end, as well as it being the most popular metagame on Smogon. Then since Classic is in its Finals right now we decided it would be cool if we featured a cool team made by the winner/runner-up of the tour in their favorite OU generation. The other tiers RU, DOU, and PU are just simply overdue as they all have not been featured for a couple of months.

What we are looking for:
For the OU team, we got a successful current gen OU team from US West, congrats on making it to the finals two years in a row! For RU, we would like to get a team since the metagame is in a stable place without the shift having brought or taken anything significant, tagging EviGaro for a team or to someone who is willing to help out. For Old Gens OU, since Smogon Classic is still in its Finals, we would like to ask either of the finalists (McMeghan SoulWind) to share a successful team built in that tour, if it has replays from playoffs that would be cool. For DOU we already got MajorBowman to find a team for August, just reminding here and tagging for the sake of organization. Finally for PU, I have asked TJ for a team since it will have been a while since the results of the mesprit rise and potential Guzzlord ban, allowing PU to be in a relatively stable place by the time. The OU, Old Gen OU, and PU team will be made into the RMTs.

Same as usual, please provide around 3-5 sentences explaining the team if you're not doing an RMT and provide any relevant replays regarding that particular team. I am in charge of the RMTs so if you anyone involved in those has questions regarding that, please ask me!

Thanks, everyone!

Edit: LC replaced PU as the RMT for release on the 29th due to PU contributors not being unavailable!

OU Team by blarghlfarghl: https://pokepast.es/d60c3698547780c7
RU Team by roman: https://pokepast.es/137379eb0ab0b455
ADV OU Team by McMeghan: https://pokepast.es/9d85a630a2f9c12c
DOU Team by SMB: https://pokepast.es/22bb244b30abecff
LC Team Luthier & Shrug: https://pokepast.es/4a86d59f759c5ac2

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
With September coming close to an end, it is time to schedule another month with tiers to showcase. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the projects this month!

The Schedule for September is:
September 5th- Monotype
September 12th- PU
September 19th- UU
September 26th- OU (C)

For this month we are trying to give tiers that haven't been featured recently another go and to give tiers without RMTs at least one before the generation ends. Since Monotype was last featured in early June it is time that it gets another spotlight. For Ubers, it is one of the metagames that yet does not have an RMT, so if we could get that in would be great. The same goes for PU/RU, whichever tier would like to have a team featured in an RMT, we can only feature one of them this month so more than likely in the near future the other one will receive it if they are willing. Finally just like Monotype, UU is just overdue for another feature so here it is.

What we are looking for:
For the Monotype team, since MPL is ending can we get a good team to feature from Chaitanya, who manages one of the teams with the strongest current gen Monotype records. For the Ubers team can Nayrz (TL) or dream help me find someone who would be willing to help and can provide a solid team. The Ubers team will be made into an RMT. For the UU team can Pearl, Corazan, or Adaam provide a successful team they have used in UU open. Finally for the RU/PU teams whichever wants to have a team featured let me know, first to provide a team will probably get the RMT. For RU tagging EviGaro (TL) and Alpha Rabbit (RU Open Quarter-Finalist+Snake Starter) for a team. For PU can Teddeh (PU Open Finalist) or 2xTheTap provide a solid team for PU. The Ubers and RU/PU team will be made into an RMT.

Same as usual, please provide around 3-5 sentences explaining the team if you're not doing an RMT and provide any relevant replays regarding that particular team. I am in charge of the RMTs so if you anyone involved in those has questions regarding that, please ask me!

Thanks, everyone!

Edit: Ubers could not find a team for an RMT in time leaving us not enough time to create an RMT. We got PU to get a team for the project however there was not enough time to make that into an RMT.

Monotype team by Clearly: https://pokepast.es/94011ed145a700ff
PU team by TONE: https://pokepast.es/e76580b0e8245c87
UU team by Corazan: https://pokepast.es/54d5c309917d5900
OU team by Ske: https://pokepast.es/16e1081c1917c88c

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
Thanks to everyone who helped out with teams in September!

The Schedule for October is:
October 3rd- BSS
October 10th- DOU (C)
October 17th- NU
October 24th- LC (C)
October 31st- UU

With this being the last full month of the TOTW project for Generation 7 we gave a slot to the tiers that have shown active interest in the project. All these tiers aside UU have not seen a TOTW in a few months so it is time to renew that and give them one before the end of the generation. For the people that provide the UU team can you provide a spooky team, since it will go out on Halloween!

What we are looking for:
For the BSS team can Psynergy or chemcoop provide a team, they helped out last time with the BSS rmt and are knowledgeable in the tier. For the DOU team MajorBowman can you provide a team or let me know who would be good to provide a team/write an RMT for the tier. For the NU team Eternally or Finchinator also either provide a team or help me find someone who would be good to do so. For the LC team Coconut, Altariel von Sweep, or Fiend be able to find a quality team and help write the RMT or find people who will, since they have been good sources for LC in the past. Finally for the UU team can vivalospride if it is possible can you provide a Halloween based theme or recommend someone who can help.

Thanks, everyone!

BSS team by chemcoop: https://pokepast.es/36ccb908be3c810f
DOU team by Stax: https://pokepast.es/c452f1b1a92498f4
NU team by Eternally: https://pokepast.es/f6e44a320a68da92
LC team by Jake: https://pokepast.es/4c7bbdd47140ef79
UU team by Adaam: https://pokepast.es/90d38cfa5b8e8503

Last edited:

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Okay, I got the squad for BSS - sorry for the delay.

Mega Manectric Offense

Team: https://pokepast.es/36ccb908be3c810f

This team builds on the popular archetype of Mega Charizard X, Landorus-T, Celesteela, and Tapu Fini by adding in anti-meta picks in Mega Manectric and Garchomp. With its excellent speed tier, coverage, and access to Intimidate, Mega Manectric is a fantastic anti-lead that applies offensive pressure against common leads like Greninja, Tapu Koko, and Tapu Fini while also singlehandedly dismantling cores such as Heatran/Ferrothorn/Landorus-T. In a format in which good positioning is essential, Mega Mane also functions as an effective Volt Switch user that can pivot into an early/mid-game breaker like Calm Mind + Waterium Z Tapu Fini or into Celesteela to wall your opponent and force a switch. Tapu Fini breaks through bulky Pokémon such as Porygon2 and ground types like Hippowdon or AV Landorus-T to open the door for Manectric while also providing speed control against common setup threats like Mega Salamence or Mega Charizard X so that Mimikyu or Garchomp can revenge kill. Mimikyu and Scarf Garchomp provide the team with two solid options for late-game revenge sweeps while Gengar operates as an anti-stall measure. Although the team does require some aggressive playing and positioning in order to reach its full potential, it is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise well-developed metagame.

Replays from teamlocked Bo3 in BSPL IV against 11oyd:
G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-946664815
G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-946664909

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
Thanks to everyone who helped out in October, now onto November's last two TOTW's of the Generation!

The Schedule for November is:
November 7th- Monotype (C)
November 14th- Ubers

Monotype and Ubers already both have teams ready for the project and will be released on those days. After this TOTW will be taking a bit of hiatus for the new generation, waiting for more metagames to settle before starting up again. As such we would like everyone who has made this project such a success over the course of this generation!~

Monotype team by Chaitanya: https://pokepast.es/c3ecfd4bf78535d6
Ubers team by Garay Oak: https://pokepast.es/272ea8ed4d02a9a9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)