Feature of January 29th

I've seen several guides here on how to play defensively, but never really hit the nail on the head.
Maybe this should be "I've seen several guides here on how to play defensively, but none of them have ever really hit the nail on the head"

>> The 2nd half of your defense line,
defensive line?

Lets take a look at what can break up our trifecta here:
Let's

that's all for now since i'm hungry.

- Sometimes types have a capital first letter, and some don't. When uploading, I or someone else will have to make sure every single one has a capital.

- Apparently Blissey always paralyzes, though Ice Beam is mentioned as an option

- Perhaps Alakazam and Raikou could be mentioned

I simply think a few Zapdos and XD variants should be added, at least strategy wise, this is the one of the best articles I've ever read. If I find something else I'll edit it into my post however. More people who play stall should read this imo.

edit: wow, that was fast. Just mention Donphan as an alternate to Claydol, loses to Jirachi countering potential but can actually do something to other Dusclops, if you ever go up against another defensive team lol.

I think Suicune should not be a part of the misc section, since it's on every single stalling team, but whatever.

I dunno where it should be put, but it should be noted that most people with stalling teams I find are using Regice / Celebi as a bell / spdef wall because they don't "like blissey" or "think it lets something set up" or it "can't do any damage to anything"

The truth is that whatever Blissey loses to is covered on the rest of the team, so that theory is in fact false, but there is a better reason for that. The reason is that it takes up two slots, which usually means no something. No Zapdos and you lose to Swampert. No Claydol means you lose to ddtar and jirachi. You get the point.

I just thought I'd mention it, since I think it would be helpful to new players and I don't have to keep saying it in team rates!

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Blissey ultimately loses to Starmie and Rest Zapdos. Both of which are not countered by any of the other suggested pokemon.

I think there should be more mention of the possibility of such a team being out-stalled.

Dugtrio should be mentioned both as a counter and as a possible member of a stall team.

Also things like Baton Pass teams can counter this, whether it be the full Bpass team or just a BPass Celebi..

Also Exploders can always cause trouble for a team like this.

Have a nice day.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think it would be helpful to mention other pokes that can spike besides Skarmory. (i.e. Cloyster and Forretress). These can contravene attempts to counter spikes/stall teams.

hmm its a good guide but that team will die to cloyster or forry both spikeing and spinning. also it should ad other ways of phazing without actully phazing such as leech seed, perishsong, screech, and metalsoudn which work effectivly on spiking based teams.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Vulcan Fury said:
edit: wow, that was fast. Just mention Donphan as an alternate to Claydol, loses to Jirachi countering potential but can actually do something to other Dusclops, if you ever go up against another defensive team lol.
Claydol can screw a Dusclops without Rest with Toxic =p. I also have a Shadow Ball for Gengar.

I guess, but Toxic Claydol is no way near common, let alone standard. Until it does become popular I stand by my statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)