Programming Falinks Teambuilder - a collaborative Pokémon teambuilder that lets you build teams and work with others

https://www.falinks-teambuilder.com

Hi there, I made a web app Falinks Teambuilder, an online collaborative Pokémon teambuilder, lets you create Pokémon teams and work with other people.

It aims to ship the similar experience as the Pokémon Showdown teambuilder. You may start from scratch or import an existing Showdown paste to create a new team. You may also easily export your team to a Showdown importable or generate a PokePaste link.

This is a work in progress. There are still many features to be added. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to contact me here, on Twitter or leave your questions on the GitHub (a messy repo). Retweets are really appreciated. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice job, would love to help, what are your next steps?
Hi Mota, I really appreciate that you like it!

I do have some ideas:
  • What‘s most needed now is for more users to use this application to expose the potential usability or stability issues. Better usage navigation is also planned (e.g.: https://github.com/elrumordelaluz/reactour)
  • I would like to own an Usage service (both UI and APIs) on this website. It also allows to do many things with it: sorting the Pokemon table by usage by format to allow users to pick Pokemon quickly, autofilling suggested items/EVs, etc. The UI may look like pikalytics.com and the API parts can be implemented with pkmn/smogon client.
  • Other than features, I planned to add translations, PWA and better SEO to enhance the UX. Thanks to Next.js's rich ecosystem, we have libraries like next-i18next, next-pwa and next-seo to help add them.
  • Some refactoring and documentation
I would be very grateful if you would like to share and contribute to it. As I said, the code base is a mess and lack of doc, so please feel free to ask me anything about it. Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi again, to make the application easier to access, I prepared this userscript (https://greasyfork.org/scripts/451746-falinks-teambuilder-helper) which helps one-click import teams to a Falinks Teambuilder room. It will be activative on both Pokemon Showdown and PokePaste. Essentially, it creates a "Open in a Falinks Teambuilder room" button on the page. Please see the usage GIF below.

I'm relatively available these days, so some features and bugfix have been working on. I'm always happy to respond if there are any suggestions and questions. Cheers!

usage.gif

is it possible to make it work with previous gens?
Hi, thanks for asking! Currently it only supports gen9. I am not sure if there are users would like to build a past gen team with this builder, so if you or your friends think it would be better to provide this support in this builder, then I'll put it on the roadmap. Thanks!

Arissi

Banned deucer.
Yes I know quite a few people in the old gen discord that would like for it to happen with BW/DPP/RSE

Yes I know quite a few people in the old gen discord that would like for it to happen with BW/DPP/RSE
Hi Arissi, past gen building is available now! I added some formats and pls let me know if you think some extra formats should be there:

JavaScript:
const legacyFormats = [
  // gen 1
  'gen1ou',
  'gen1uu',
  // gen 2
  'gen2ou',
  'gen2uu',
  // gen 3
  'gen3ou',
  'gen3uu',
  // gen 4
  'gen4ou',
  'gen4zu',
  // gen 5
  'gen5ou',
  // gen 6
  'gen6ou',
  'gen6doublesou',
  // gen 7
  'gen7ou',
  'gen7doublesou',
  'gen7ubers',
  'gen7mixandmega',
  // gen 8
  'gen8ou',
  'gen8uu',
  'gen8doublesou',
  'gen8battlestadiumsingles',
  'gen8bdspou',
  'gen8nationaldex',
  // vgc
  'vgc2014',
  'vgc2015',
  'gen6vgc2016',
  'gen7vgc2017',
  'gen7vgc2018',
  'gen7vgc2019ultraseries',
];
After picking a format, the pokemon species table will be sorted by corresponded usages.

Please let me know if any concerns & hope you and your friends enjoy it!

Arissi

Banned deucer.
Hi Arissi, past gen building is available now! I added some formats and pls let me know if you think some extra formats should be there:

JavaScript:
const legacyFormats = [
  // gen 1
  'gen1ou',
  'gen1uu',
  // gen 2
  'gen2ou',
  'gen2uu',
  // gen 3
  'gen3ou',
  'gen3uu',
  // gen 4
  'gen4ou',
  'gen4zu',
  // gen 5
  'gen5ou',
  // gen 6
  'gen6ou',
  'gen6doublesou',
  // gen 7
  'gen7ou',
  'gen7doublesou',
  'gen7ubers',
  'gen7mixandmega',
  // gen 8
  'gen8ou',
  'gen8uu',
  'gen8doublesou',
  'gen8battlestadiumsingles',
  'gen8bdspou',
  'gen8nationaldex',
  // vgc
  'vgc2014',
  'vgc2015',
  'gen6vgc2016',
  'gen7vgc2017',
  'gen7vgc2018',
  'gen7vgc2019ultraseries',
];
After picking a format, the pokemon species table will be sorted by corresponded usages.

Please let me know if any concerns & hope you and your friends enjoy it!
Couple of small things:
1) If possible could you make it show the sprites based on the generation?
2) If a non-vgc generation is picked can the levels be defaulted to 100?
3) Can the pokemon list at the bottom be show 50 by default?
4) Also when I press + does it have to be a grimmsnarl every time?

Couple of small things:
1) If possible could you make it show the sprites based on the generation?
2) If a non-vgc generation is picked can the levels be defaulted to 100?
3) Can the pokemon list at the bottom be show 50 by default?
4) Also when I press + does it have to be a grimmsnarl every time?
1) Done (except icons)
2) Done
3) Done
4) And Done!

Enjoy!

Hi, i know its a bit late to the convo!
In the gif there are shortcuts to pikalytics and damage calc in the teambuilder, but for me they are missing.
Could you add the damage calc shortcut? It would be really great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)