OU Excadrill

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance / Toxic

Excadrill rushes through OU with a vengeance! Due to its imposing Attack and Sand Rush, Excadrill is an ideal choice on sand teams. Rapid Spin lets Excadrill provide meaningful team support and increases its Speed, which can lead to a late-game sweep even once sand runs out. Swords Dance increases Excadrill's sweeping potential, notably letting it force its way through bulkier foes that its teammates generally have a hard time wearing down like Tornadus-T and Ferrothorn. On the other hand, Toxic can be used to cripple checks like Zapdos, Landorus-T, and Slowbro. Tyranitar is a must-have teammate to set sand; it also complements Excadrill well, switching into Zapdos easily while threatening Slowbro and weakening Corviknight with its Choice Band-boosted attacks. Excadrill appreciates a defensive backbone to fall back on when faced with a consistent answer to it; Clefable and Ferrothorn are both quite capable in answering Slowbro and Landorus-T, respectively. Both excel at dealing passive damage to bulkier foes, further amplifying Excadrill's offensive presence. Pivots like Corviknight, Rotom-W, and Tornadus-T are also excellent teammates for their ability to get Excadrill onto the field safely, especially in the face of Pokemon it can force out like Tapu Koko and Toxapex.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
comments in orange
changes in purple
removals will be striked

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance / Toxic

Excadrill rushes through OU with a vengeance! Due to its imposing Attack and Sand Rush, Excadrill is an ideal choice on sand teams. Rapid Spin not only provides meaningful team support but also increases Excadrill's Speed, which can be extremely potent once sand has run out. Something about Rapid Spin that I also find quite cool is that it is a lot like Toxic in that it's an option that provides consistent reward even against switch-ins, seeing as you'll remove hazards and/or ensure consistent threat level outside of Sand, so that makes it a solid click leading up to a late-game sweep once its checks are run down. Swords Dance increases Excadrill's sweeping potential, notably forcing its way through bulkier foes like Tornadus-T and Slowing that its team may struggle to consistently chip down. Slowking seems like an odd mention here but I guess? I would think smth like Ferrothorn to be a bit better a mention seeing as Sand tends to be fairly annoyed by it and it can't be sniped with Toxic. On the other hand, Toxic can be used to cripple checks like Zapdos, Landorus-T, and Slowbro. Much like Rapid Spin it's a pretty easy click a lot of the time seeing as there exists so many natural Excadrill checks. Tyranitar is a must-have teammate to set sand; it also complements Excadrill well, switching into Zapdos and Blacephalon easily while threatening Slowbro and weakening Corviknight with its Choice Band-boosted attacks. Blacephalon is a very good mon it switches in on but I don't see how that's relevant to Excadrill specifically seeing as Excadrill sends it packing. Excadrill appreciates a defensive backbone to fall back on when faced with a consistent answer to it; Clefable and Ferrothorn are both quite capable in answering Slowbro and Landorus-T, respectively; both offer entry hazard support as well, further amplifying Excadrill's offensive presence. We've seen a lot of Clefable not always run Stealth Rock so I think maybe focusing more on disruption or overall passive damage would be the wave here, which also amplify Excadrill's threat level. Pivots like Corviknight, Rotom-W, and Tornadus-T are also excellent teammates for their ability to get Excadrill onto the field safely, especially in the face of Pokemon it can force out like Zeraora and Toxapex. Do these Pokemon pivot against anything prominent?

I feel pressed to suggest a line about Leftovers seeing as many newer players may look at Leftovers and think it to be a very strange item choice on an offensive Pokemon, though I'm not sure how feasible that is due to word count. Maybe you can find a way to fit it in?
lemme look at it one more time after u implement these

Reactions: dex

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
comments in orange
changes in purple
removals will be striked

lemme look at it one more time after u implement these
I implemented some of these, but I think some of this is sorta weird to be included in a spotlight.

I reworded the Rapid Spin sentence to hopefully get your point across better.

I did not change anything about the Toxic sentence. I think saying it cripples common switch-ins demonstrates its value sufficiently.

For the last sentence, I already had listed two mons that they pivot against. I changed Zeraora to Tapu Koko, as that's more realistic. I'm not sure what more you want from me there.

I don't think a Leftovers line is going to fit; either way, I think what Leftovers provides Excadrill is somewhat intuitive and is not as necessary to include here as the other information.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance / Toxic

Excadrill rushes through OU with a vengeance! Due to its imposing Attack and Sand Rush, Excadrill is an ideal choice on sand teams. Rapid Spin not only provides meaningful team support but also increases Excadrill's Speed,lets Excadrill provide meaningful team support and increases its Speed, ("NOT ONLY...BUT ALSO" SENTENCE STRUCTURE IS GROSS!!!!!!!) which can lead to a late-game sweep even once sand runs out. Swords Dance increases Excadrill's sweeping potential, notably forcing its way through bulkier foes like Tornadus-T and Ferrothornletting it force its way through bulkier foes that its teammates generally have a hard time wearing down like Tornadus-T and Ferrothorn. On the other hand, Toxic can be used to cripple checks like Zapdos, Landorus-T, and Slowbro. Tyranitar is a must-have teammate to set sand; it also complements Excadrill well, switching into Zapdos easily while threatening Slowbro and weakening Corviknight with its Choice Band-boosted attacks. Excadrill appreciates a defensive backbone to fall back on when faced with a consistent answer to it; Clefable and Ferrothorn are both quite capable in answering Slowbro and Landorus-T, respectively;, and (a semicolon sandwich is nasty) both excel at dealing passive damage to bulkier foes, further amplifying Excadrill's offensive presence. Pivots like Corviknight, Rotom-W, and Tornadus-T are also excellent teammates for their ability to get Excadrill onto the field safely, especially in the face of Pokemon it can force out like Tapu Koko and Toxapex.

GP Team done

GP joe/mama

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)