Event Pokemon: Fact or Farce?

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not an event happened recently where Shiny Cresselias with Wish and Shiny Starter Pokemon with Baton Pass were given away. I NEED A DEFINITIVE ANSWER ON THIS. We can't just take people's testimony on this since there is too much conflicting information. I don't know how one can verify this one way or the other, but we need to do exactly that. If you find someone who claims to have received such a pokemon, ask that they give you all of its information (OT, etc. etc.) and post it here. Any information on this would be helpful.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm telling you, with absolute certainty, that it did not happen. I wish I could tell you more, like finding seven different sources of these so-called event pokemon, but my ability to trade is most restricted at the moment.

sorry if this sounds stupid (since i havent been keeping up with pokemon as much as id like to), but had such events transpired, wouldnt they be on the official pokemon website?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most likely not. They aren't very good about updating the site with that sort of thing.

Most likely not. They aren't very good about updating the site with that sort of thing.
ah, i see.

thats fairly troubling, especially considering how big competitive pokemon is getting and how easy it is to cheat. you think they'd do their part to help prevent that, especially since theyre clearly not completely oblivious to their fans' needs.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ok, I believe you guys. It would still be nice if we could verify this on our own steam though... without having to rely on the testimony of someone else.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Unfortunately, it's a tad late for this, the only real way to prove it would be to have actually been there. As it is, I'm sure well-sharked fakes are going to be spread around now to try and supplement the rumor, so the only thing we can do is go with the most reliable testimony.

Aeolus

Bag
I've edited the announcement to cover all our bases. If any new information comes up, please post it here.

alex

the best stuff on earth
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
igarvey (7:27:25 AM): the nintendo world event was real btw
igarvey (7:27:30 AM): it was just really poorly done
arrant thief (7:27:26 AM): how so
igarvey (7:27:48 AM): the place was filled with cotton candy machines and games for the carnival wii events
igarvey (7:27:57 AM): but over near the pokemon tables they were giving out the pokemon in the union room
igarvey (7:28:05 AM): since theres no 1-on-1 trading in dp, everyone had to go in the union room
igarvey (7:28:30 AM): then they had to move it outside because it was overcrowding
igarvey (7:29:03 AM): because it was very poorly organized
igarvey (7:29:07 AM): the flyer wasnt even official
igarvey (7:29:14 AM): they weren't advertising it because of the wii games
igarvey (7:29:18 AM): they didnt want overcrowding
arrant thief (7:29:12 AM): hm
igarvey (7:29:24 AM): the flyer was made by somebody unofficial
igarvey (7:29:42 AM): but lol i was there and i saw it with my own eyes and i got my cresselia
igarvey (7:29:48 AM): there were about 30 people there
igarvey (7:29:51 AM): all in the union room
igarvey (7:30:20 AM): but i guess youre gonna have to find one of those 30
igarvey (7:30:26 AM): since it wasnt well done at ALL
igarvey (7:31:23 AM): nobody believes it because of the sketchiness
igarvey (7:31:30 AM): but there was a giveaway

this is what he IMed me

this is what he told yami http://images.yamipoli.com/prt/dogma.txt

the people who know about the event stuff are pretty sure that legit pokemon will work on PBR so all that plus the fact that it's fucking et pretty much seals it for me

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's a little incredulous, Nintendo giving out pokemon but then not being able to use them in a wifi battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)