Evasion Clause - It's time to fully bake this half baked implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But anyway, "More than 0 usage" shouldn't be the standard. Of course you can come up with some hypothetical situation where a person might want to include Swagger on their Swampert or something. Fact of the matter is, no one's doing that. It's just not a thing. And you're doing a disservice to Gen 3 by making the ladder toxic to new players over something that's used legitimately 0.001% of the time.

It's funny that this thread is titled "It's time to fully bake this half baked implementation" and yet you're proposing another half-measure complex ban. Ban Ninjask. It's as simple as that. Siglut might not have his "Dugtrio counter" any more, oh well. Let's open up this metagame, bring some new talent in, make it so people actually want to play the ADV ladder and not private one-on-one practice games between the same 20 people.
I'll respond to these a bit out of order, I guess.
1. I do not think we have a problem with getting new players into the game - there are new faces in the community coming from ladder all the time. I'm sorry that to you it feels like an exclusive club, but there are many avenues to gain entry into the greater adv community. Also, top players play and test teams on ladder all the time. This doesn't mean we shouldn't try and make the ladder experience good for everybody as that is an objective positive thing, but...
2. I do not think that banning ninjask would make the ladder experience more-than-nominally better. As I've stated a few times, zapdos is better than ninjask at passing speed boosts safely and is more frustrating to fight because you won't know their team at turn 1 from a zapdos lead whereas you will from a ninjask lead. People didn't stop trying to cheese wins on ladder with baton pass after the previous nerfs that made it much worse, and now they're still going at it even though they pretty much just lose to any team with a phazer.
3. I would rather not restrict an option from gameplay or the teambuilder if I can't see how it is going to lead to an improvement. I've said a few times why I don't think action really needs to be taken here, so that's my stance.

Having pretty much any phazer on your team makes it roughly 1/64 (you have to miss on the turn they click, the turn they pass, and either the turn the recipient sets up or hits you once - marowak doesn't really ohko the common phazers) to actually lose to ninjask pass, and to me that isn't an undue burden on teambuilding. If you choose to disregard it, you'll still probably be fine because ninjask isn't that common on ladder.

This is all just my experience though. If you feel differently that's ok, but please explain how you think your proposed course of action will actually fix anything in the tier. I think we're in an excellent spot right now and we do not need to take further tiering action.

Anyway, we've gone pretty far off topic as this is a thread about accuracy-lowering moves. While zac does invoke baton pass as a reason they should be banned, all of the discussion we've had thus far has been just about baton pass. I think there is a legitimate difference between evasion-raising moves and accuracy-lowering moves, so if accuracy-lowering moves are banned it should not be justified as being under the umbrella of evasion clause.

I believe I speak for a minority of ADV players when I say I want bright powder back

I have a bright powder sand-attack ninjask team that's just sitting on the back burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)