SV OU ETerrain Hatterene Offense

Paste: https://pokepast.es/3258f2fee097aa9e
:sv/pincurchin: :sv/dragonite: :sv/iron valiant: :sv/iron leaves: :sv/kingambit: :sv/hatterene:

Hi! This is my first RMT. I decided to build around e-terrain since it seems fun. Anyways, the goal of the team is to lead with pincurchin to set up electric terrain, switch to hatterene to get a free switch into iron leaves/iron valiant to punch hole in the enemy team with it, then clean up with kingambit and dragonite.

:sv/pincurchin:
This is the standard set, not much else to explain. Scald is used to cripple ground types, discharge is used for paralysis, and memento can get a free switch when hatterene's eject button is consumed. It also has spikes for hazards too, though I find myself switching into hatterene turn 1. Mainly there for the terrain only.

:sv/dragonite:
I added dragonite to act as speed control, and act as a cleanup. Originally, I thought to add Iron Boulder, but that thing is garbage + dragonite's multiscale can be extremely useful to trade in many scenarios. This is the standard set, I prefer ice spinner over roost to be able to finish off weakened steel birds and prefer the coverage, since I rarely find myself clicking roost when using dragonite in general.

:sv/iron valiant:
You may be thinking, what the fuck is that set? I think it's weird but I suddenly thought of it and had somewhat decent results. Attack EVs are to guarantee an OHKO against 4/252 Blissey with close combat, the rest is poured into special attack and speed. Mixed valiant usually runs a utility move over thuderbolt like encore, but with the electric terrain boost, I feel thunderbolt can be used to hit the steel birds, complement CC and used as a neutral electric attack. I often manage to get it with full health, so I used focus sash to act as a surprise, and complements iron leaves: iron leaves wall breaks vs stall and balance while sash valiant punches holes vs HO. Also, this is not the core of the team, so you can suggest a replacement if you want.

:sv/iron leaves:
Iron leaves act as a brutal breaker against stall and balance. The team is basically physical offense, so iron leaves helps to break the Great Wall :dondozo:. After a swords dance and with life orb, it 2HKOs steel birds with psyblade in e-terrain while dealing massive damage to everything else. Complements iron valiant by breaking bulkier teams.

:sv/kingambit:
Really good on offensive teams in general, and this one is no different. Works with dragonite to form a priority core to revenge kill many offensive threats. While I would usually prefer dragonite for this, there could be situations where I may want dnite later in the match, and sucker punch deals more damage with STAB + black glasses and hits most normal resists for at least neutral. I use black glasses because I prefer its power, and I don't really need boots since I do not switch around much, instead exerting offensive pressure to limit the amount of hazards.

:sv/hatterene:
Hatterene is used since it can bring in a teammate safely while denying hazards, especially useful for valiant. It's just the standard set, with healing wish to pivot again after eject button is used up, nuzzle to threaten offensive mons and you get the point.

THREATS

After using the team, I haven't faced lead hamurott and only faced 1 gliscor, which lacks knock. However, hamurott can be extremely annoying since it guarantees hazards while not letting me KO it with valiant and still have sash. Knock gliscer on stall is annoying, best bet is to predict the knock, tera grass with iron leaves and break through with leaf blade after SD. There is probably be more that I haven't faced.

Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)