Escavalier

use rock smash for heatran.
it can then join the league of pokemon who use rock smash for coveage!

klingklang
flareon (YEAAA, OHKOES HEATRAN AFTER SPIKES AND STEALTH ROCK AND SOME RESIDUAL DAMAGE)
escavalie

use rock smash for heatran.
it can then join the league of pokemon who use rock smash for coveage!

klingklang
flareon (YEAAA, OHKOES HEATRAN AFTER SPIKES AND STEALTH ROCK AND SOME RESIDUAL DAMAGE)
escavalie
Flareon learns Superpower. Don't fuck with it.

Has anyone tried Sub + 3 attacks Escavalier? Switch in on something you threaten, sub on the switch, and go for the move of choice. When they break your sub, switch out and come back in later.

What should I replace SD with then? I have a CB Escavalier with SD (LOL), Return, Megahorn, and Iron Head. I could put Pursuit, but it's too slow to use, and being stuck in Toxic is usually never a good thing, since they could toss in a Guts or Poison Heal Poke to mess with you. Steel Types will wall this thing even worse if you're locked into Toxic, since it could use that to set up Spikes or whatever.

Rock Smash? But that move is horrible. ._. Even with a CB, what the hell will Rock Smash really KO?
Rock Smash is its only way to hit Steels outside of Reversal or Focus Blast/Hidden Power off its shit Special Attack. No one would use it normally, but you literally have no better options if you want to hit Steels... Then again, with max attack it's a three hit KO on max/max+ Aggron (also an 8-hit KO on Skarmory). 50% chance to lower defense does make up for it a little though.

Your other options if you don't want Pursuit or Toxic are (this is basically the full list) Knock Off, Aerial Ace, Feint Attack, and Poison Jab.

Knock Off is always good to get rid of a Scarf, Lefties, or an Eviolite. Escavalier doesn't have the best move pool in the world, but it's got what it needs. Two strong STABs and a boosting move or two, and of course, Toxic. It's got an alright support move pool with Toxic and Knock Off, but other then that, it's limited.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Definitely definitely definitely use Pursuit. Escavalier has better defenses than Scizor, and can trapkill Latios, Gengar, Espeon ect. Even stuff that isn't Dark weak can be finished off.

By the way: I realized, that Escavalier pretty much need CB in order to properly OHKO Latios and Gengar without HP and Def investment. Unfortunately, they eventually have to be KOed by faster ones or priority moves. Dang it, Scizors!

But Escavalier vs. Scizors is fun;

Scizors +2 Bug Bite on Escavalier (224 HP, 0 Def)
155 - 183 = 46% - 54.3%

Escavalier +2 Megahorn on Scizors (252 HP, 0 Def)
221 - 261 = 78.4% - 92.6%
332 - 391 = 117.7% - 138.7% (Swarm Mode)

Cool Calcs, aren't they?

By the way: I realized, that Escavalier pretty much need CB in order to properly OHKO Latios and Gengar without HP and Def investment. Unfortunately, they eventually have to be KOed by faster ones or priority moves. Dang it, Scizors!

But Escavalier vs. Scizors is fun;

Scizors +2 Bug Bite on Escavalier (224 HP, 0 Def)
155 - 183 = 46% - 54.3%

Escavalier +2 Megahorn on Scizors (252 HP, 0 Def)
221 - 261 = 78.4% - 92.6%
332 - 391 = 117.7% - 138.7% (Swarm Mode)

Cool Calcs, aren't they?
Escavalier and Scizor are both used for different purposes, but Escavalier is bulkier then Scizor, so it makes sense that Escavalier's attack hurts Scizor more.

Yep. You can tell a move sucks when other moves that the type resists hit it harder then the SE move does. Rock Smash is one of those horribly sucky moves.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
rock smash is pointless. All OU steels are hit harder by either Megahorn or Iron Head
Except Heatran. But seriously Megahorn, Iron Head, Pursuit, Knock Off/Counter. You'd be a fool to use anything else on CB or Insect Plate Escavalier.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
What about reversal? I use it for those specific corner cases where your hp is low and heatran tries to swi-

Yeah, he only has those four moves.

i ran a specially defensive occa berry escavalier in trick room once. with swords dance.

i lived a heatrans fire blast and 2Hkoed with rock smash.

it felt good.

Rock Smash still sucks, and why would you ever want to stay in on that molten piece of melted metal? I would switch out to a bulky water or something that could drown it instead of giving Heatran the opportunity to roast my knight bug crispy with a STAB Fire attack.

Hm, well, it's good that you got a 2HKO on a Heatran with Rock Smash, but it probably was a specially defensive one, so that was why Rock Smash 2HKOed it. Rock Smash sucks otherwise.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Nobody runs Physically Defensive Heatran.

Specially defensive actually would still have more physical bulk than normal offensive Tran.

Considering how horrible Rock Smash is, it's a feat to be able to 2HKO a Heatran with Escavalier's base 135 Attack. Hell, it has more Attack then even Scizor, so I can understand how Rock Smash 2HKOed. The move still sucks, but it's commendable. Escavalier's got the highest Attack of all Bug-types, so add that to a CB, and it tears new faces.

CB Escavalier Rock Smash 2HKOes Heatran with no physical invesment. Impressive, but only while Trick Room is up. Under Trick Room Heatran can't take two Rock Smashes. We should clarify that before implying that a Bug/Steel type should stay in on a Heatran in any situation other than TR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)