SV OU ENCORE - Hydreigon Balance ft. Scarf Cinderace

643F9079-BD9A-4AFD-A2DD-B72A6D9DBE76.jpeg

ABCCA6F8-63DB-47AC-9ADC-8FBC4600BA10.jpeg

Act 1 - The Beginning

since my last rmt I’ve gotten a lot more into rap, I had been listening to stuff like king gizzard which had some rap but def not to Eminem’s extent, but I thought that album would go perfect with the theme of this being my “return” to sv ou, I mean I wasn’t even gone that long, but the album fit with the theme I was going for. after listening to it for a little bit tho I realized it also sounded really good, songs like one shot 2 shot, like toy soldiers, never enough (basically all the songs the mons are named after) really made me fall in love with this album, one of Eminem’s best imo (he’s got a lot of good ones) and I definitely recommend.

I’m back ladies and gentlemen (and everybody else), here to provide another team I’ve been having serious fun on ladder with the last few days. Featuring np hydreigon, a super fun set (which was uu last time I played), anyways no serious introduction let’s just get into it.

Act 2 - The Offense

ENCORE (Hydreigon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Draco Meteor
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute / Draco Meteor

main mon I wanted to build around, you’ll mainly want to poke holes with the other mons and bring hydregion in once it’s checks are removed. dark pulse provides a nice stab, while flash cannon in conjunction with tera can become a second stab provide coverage and tera provides easier setup opportunities. Substitute eases predictions and in conjunction with nasty plot wrecks fatter teams and cleans others. EVs provide highest damage output and speed because there’s so much fast shit running around in this tier you want the speed

ONE SHOT 2 SHOT (Cinderace) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pyro Ball
- Tera Blast

- Court Change

andviet the actual goat for this set, reminds me of Gen 7 when some madlads ran shit like scarf staraptor. Anyways this team has a bunch of u-turn spam to get our breakers in and cinderace does not discriminate. can break through bulky steels meow can’t like corv. Tera blast is probably the most interesting thing about this set, paired with scarf you outspeed stuff like moon and wake and smash them with tera blast (ohkos wake after a little chip) court change is used because I’m not running hazards on this team and it helps against hyper offensive teams.

NEVER ENOUGH (Meowscarada) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Flying / Grass / Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- Substitute / Spikes

one of my favorite sets, pairs great with cinderace as the two share a kind of symbiotic relationship breaking past stuff like dozo that ace can’t. knock off and flower trick provide reliable stabs, u-turn gains momentum for the other breakers. some people like running spikes on this set but I like substitute more because it eases predictions and brings you into overgrow range more often, overgrow flower tricks can chunk a ton of stuff.

Act 3 - The Defense

EVIL DEEDS (Toxapex) @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes / Surf
- Baneful Bunker

- Recover

we have a ton of offense so some defense was needed pex was my go to mon. Haze helps against set up sweepers like dnite and mixed valiant. Toxic spikes can help our breakers but it doesn’t work well with court change so surf is an another option, baneful bunker stuff like tusk clicking headlong rush (and scouts choice mons). I know I have like 3 mons that help with momentum but I think eject button is really funny and it can eat hits with regen and switch into a teammate against choice locked mons. (And tera dark is so I don’t get omega fucked by psyspam)

MOCKING BIRD (Corviknight) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Press
- Defog
- U-turn

- Roost

We don’t have any real eq resists, since both of our resists don’t like getting hit by cc, this mon is super splashable. body press helps against supreme overlord gambit as ace doesn’t want to take a boosted sucker punch. mainly just utility mon that provides a slow uturn for our breakers. specially bulky because pex is defensive and we have tusk which can provide a switch in to an extent.

Act 4 - Plot Twist?!

LIKE TOY SOLDIERS (Great Tusk) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting / Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Rapid Spin

- Knock Off

woah tusk on an ou team, what a creative and unique idea!!! anyways I had this as a defensive treads set but scarf tusk goes so hard against a lot of teams. Ultimate destroyer of sun, scarf + atc boost is insane. Also helps against the rare terrain teams as pincurchin doesn’t want to eat headlong rush. Rapid spin on a choice mon seems kinda counterintuitive so you can run a filler move there like rocks if you want.

Intermission - Threats

:pincurchin: :iron valiant: mainly valiant, thunderbolt can’t be taken well by any of our special walls and hydregion can wall moonblast but can’t handle cc.

:talonflame: by talonflame I mean the “ultimate” stall with this, it walls most of our team. Try to set up np and sub would be your best bet

:unown: probably some other stuff, I didn’t include a peak because I haven’t been able to do any serious laddering and have been focusing on other stuff but this team feels really good and at some point I’ll try to push it to the upper ranks

Curtain Call - Conclusion + Paste

thanks for reading, won’t be my last rmt but idk when I’ll do another ou one, just depends on inspiration I suppose. But yeah the few games I did play with this team were fun and I never felt like I straight up lost to stuff which is usually a good sign lmao, anyways go have fun on ladder and tear this team apart until it’s good, have a nice day :)

https://pokepast.es/b3ae8c06ea3c5177

002B5505-77D4-452D-A93B-AED75F209D77.jpeg

(I woke up one day and this version of the team just appeared on my phone https://pokepast.es/a734a5de5b322f8b)

Attachments

Last edited:
With how the weak the team is to Iron Valiant, do you think you should run Tera Poison Mscarada so you can take Moonblast and Aura Sphere from it? Even if you Tera Grass, you won't knock out the Iron Valiant unless you also run Life Orb or have Substituted enough to go into Overgrow range.

With how the weak the team is to Iron Valiant, do you think you should run Tera Poison Mscarada so you can take Moonblast and Aura Sphere from it? Even if you Tera Grass, you won't knock out the Iron Valiant unless you also run Life Orb or have Substituted enough to go into Overgrow range.
valiant isn’t great to play against as we have a bunch of fairy weak Pokémon but there are definitely outs this team has, tera hydreigon on the supposed moon blast, get a safe switch in and outspeed with tusk, eject tox into hy, tusk, or ace. But tera poison is definitely an option, I would say I’m partial for grass because the power boost can end games if your in over grow range but I’ll add it to the op as a tera option

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)