Elemental Gems and their uses in Singles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Kinda nervous here, as I've nver written an article beofre, but some of my friends have been asking me for a while now to try doing one. So I got to thinking, and I realized I'd like to write one on Elemental Gems and their uses in singles. As far as I'm aware there's not been one on this subject yet, and they're a nifty little strategy. I asked Novaray if he'd like to co-write it with me and he was very enthusiastic about it, so I'd have him as a partner.

I'd primarily be focusing on OU, but if you want I can expand it to encompass UU, RU and NU as well, as I have experience and am competent in all these tiers. When one thinks of Gems the first to come to mind is obviously the Flying Gem + Acrobatics combo, but this is really only seen in the lower tiers. OU is more home to stuff like Rock Gem Terrakion, Fighting Gem Breloom and Haxorus, Water Gem Politoed, Fire Gem Deoxs-D, and Dragon Gem Salamence (I guess I could also give a brief history of the first popular Gem set, AcroScor). In the lower tiers stuff like Flying Gem Archeops, Ghost/Flying Gem Drifblim, and other, more obscure things are certinaly viable.

I would however like to stress the fact that I'd be more comfortable writing the article in regards to OU. I don't want it to be too long, as I'd probably mess up, not to mention that the vast majority of readers are OU players (I think :S) and OU also has more viable Gem abusers. If you do want me to write about the lower tiers, I'd rather seperate the article into OU and Lower Tiers, as each section on each lower tier would be painfully short compared to the OU one.

So yeah, whatcha think? :)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm cool with this; sounds like a fun read. If the other Smog Staff members like the idea, let's press on with this. Cherub, do you have access to The Smog Article Workshop subforum?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm not too informed in competitive stuff, but this certainly sounds interesting to me, as well. Support.

Okay, go here and apply for The Smog Access, then let us know you've applied so we can approve you and give you further instructions! ^_^

Okay, I've approved you now!~ Please read the What Are We Doing? sticky thread and post that you'll be working on this article, then get started as soon as you're ready. Remember:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me on the forums and I'll show you how to use it).

Thanks for applying, I'm sure your article will turn out great! :3 If you have any further questions or problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with the staff or #thesmog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)