Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Psyblade
- Trailblaze
- Close Combat

Iron Leaves so far is doing great as a cleanup sweeper. Focus sash is so Iron Leaves can succesfully setup a swords dance and start snowballing. Quark Drive is to boost the attack even further on electric terrain. Tera fighting is to resist any bug type moves that might come at Iron Leaves while boosting Close Combat's power dramatically. 252 Atk with Adamant nature makes it so after one SD and Quark Drive Iron Leaves attack stat is out the roof and will do tons of damage even with TrailBlaze's low power. 252 Spe is to max speed with an adamant nature. Swords Dance is to make Iron Leaves a major threat before using Trailblaze. Psyblade is there for STAB and it's power is doubled on electric terrain which makes it even better for this team. Trailblaze is to boost Iron Leaves okay speed to out speeding every unboosted pokemon in Ubers. After 2 Trailblazes it outspeeds everything and is only vulnerable to priority moves and there aren't a lot of those in Ubers. Close Combat is for coverage and is a great move overall for punching holes in the opposing team. Overall Iron Leaves is surprisingly good as a cleanup sweeper in Ubers it's only problem so far is any status condition.

Miraidon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Drift
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Tera Blast

Miraidon is my pivot on this team. Heavy-Duty-Boots is so it doesn't take any damage while switching in. Tera water is to avoid any ground types that it might take and blast back with a water tera blast. 252 Spa is tomaximize Miraidon's damage output to very high levels. 252 Spe with timid nature is to speed tie with Koraidon that might be in and just to outspeed anything except Choice scarf users. Electro Drift is for a super powerful STAB that will definitely OHKO anything it's super-effective against. U-turn is for a pivot move that can get Iron Leaves, Chi-Yu and Iron Bundle in somewhat safely and enabling them to big damage the next turn or pick off the pokemon that miraidon was previously facing. Draco Meteor is to potentially KO anything that might switch in against Miraidon only being resisted by Steel and Fairy types it makes a very punishing move to switch into. Overall Miraidon is an amazing pivot and so far out of the games i've played with it has only been KOed off of stupid decisions that I happen to make sometimes when not paying attention. (Oops :p)

Annihilape @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist

Annihilape is great at capitilazing on passive pokemon like clodsire (Although it doesn't like being poisoned) or pokemon that can't KO it immediately like Iron Bundle. Leftovers is for passive healing when Annihilape doesn't use Drain Punch every so often. Defiant is to boost Annihilapes attack even further against the occasional grimmsnarl when it uses parting shot to switch out. Tera water is to avoid super-effective damage that Annihilape might not be able to take other mise like Fluttermane's moonblast and KO whatever attempted to KO it. 240 Hp is to increase Annihilapes longevity in battle and increasing its ability to take hits. 252 SpD is to make Annihilape a Special tank because Annihilape is going to Bulk Up later on essentially making it a wall. The careful nature is to further its ability to take special moves without flinching and hit back with a drain punch to get some HP back. Bulk Up is to increase Annihilapes bulky-ness and it's attack power simultaneously. Taunt is to force the opponent into attacking and not putting a status condition on Annihilape as well as increasing Rage Fist's power by 50 each time it's hit. Drain Punch is to gain HP back while doing damage and increase Annihilapes longevity by a large amount. Rage Fist is a great ghost STAB that increases in power by 50 each time Annihilape is hit with a move. It is also great for OHKOing Fluttermane I'll explain. Fluttermane switches in and you already have a bulk up, up, you use Rage Fist but it's power hasn't been boosted yet. So you terastilize water which enables you to take a Fluttermanes moonblast and destroy it with a power 100 Rage Fist. Overall Annihilape is a great pokemon even in Ubers but it hates being burned and after you terastilize you become vulnerable to top threats like Miraidon while water type.

Iron Bundle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ice
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Flip Turn
- Ice Beam

Iron Bundle is a great pivot, wall breaker and late game cleaner. Iron Bundle has Specs because they boost Bundle's KOing power by a lot and it's Sp Atk goes up to 520. Quark Drive boosts it's potential by a lot because it boosts its speed on electric terrain. Tera Ice is to resist other freeze-dry's from opposing Iron Bundle's or Ditto's. 252 Spa and 252 Spe is to maximize the amount of KO's that Iron Bundle could get. Timid nature is to out speed anything that doesn't have a scarf or hasn't been boosted. Hydro Pump is for a powerful water STAB that can 2HKO special walls like Scream Tail with Choice Specs. Freeze-Dry and Hydro Pump combine for a un-resisted STAB combination. Flip Turn is to pivot Iron Bundle into another pokemon that needs a pivot for a somewhat safe switch in. Ice Beam is Iron Bundle's best ice STAB. Overall Iron Bundle is a very hard hitter but this set struggles with entry hazards so an good entry hazard remover would be very helpful.

Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Chi-Yu is a great revenge killer with a Choice Scarf. Chi-Yu has choice scarf because in gen 9 ubers there are a lot of prominent threats that would OKHO if it didn't have a choice scarf, it also does well as a revenge killer against the likes of un-boosted Koraidon, Annihilape and Houndstone. Beads of Ruin lowers the opponents SpD which is super valuable because it enables Chi-Yu to do massive damage. Tera fire because it power up it's fire STAB to crazy levels so high it can do big damage to Koraidon while in sun. 252 SpA with Modest nature is to maximize damage out put with a choice scarf. 252 Spe is to make sure that Chi-Yu out speeds any un-boosted pokemon with the choice scarf. Flamethrower is a perfect accuracy fire STAB if I'd rather have a safe KO over Fire Blast with 85% accuracy. Dark Pulse is for Chi-Yu's strongest dark STAB and threatens to OHKO Houndstone when it isn't in sandstorm. Fire Blast is for a super powerful fire STAB that can do big damage to Koraidon while in sun but it's not a first option. Psychic is to threaten Koraidon while it's not terastilized as well as Annhiliape while not terastilized. Overall Chi-Yu is great but it doesn't stand a chance against any pokemon with a speed boost because the choice scarf gets Chi-Yu's speed to 448 (I believe) and any boost pushes the opponents speed over that.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Grimmsnarl is a screen setter so my pokemon don't take as much damage from attacks. Light Clay makes sure that the screens last for 8 turns each which is a very long time in single battles. Prankster is so all of Grimmsnarl's status moves go first unless a pokemon is using a priority move along side Grimmsnarl. Tera ghost is to avoid any super-effective moves that might come at Grimmsnarl in a super desperate situation but otherwise not much else. 252 HP is to increase Grimmsnarl's overall lame bulk which without the screens isn't very good. 252 SpD with the careful nature is to make Grimmsnarl's meh Special bulk pretty high while screens are up so it can finish what it's supposed to do. Light screen is to increase the teams overall bulk for eight whole turns which would give Iron Leaves enough time to set up SD and Trailblaze. Reflect is the same exact thing but with physical defense. Parting shot is so Grimmsnarl can get away freely while lowering the opponents attacking stats to ease the blow for anyone that comes in after the switch and potentially get a free setup turn. Taunt is to shut down any attempts to setup while Grimmsnarl is in and to shut down any taunts that might come at Grimmsnarl while it's trying to setup. Overall Grimmsnarl is a great screen setup but ever since gen 7 which is when dark types were given immunity to prankster Grimmsnarl always struggles with dark types that will setup on it and force a switch without using parting shot.

Overall this team is having some really good success whenever it's team members get to setup but this team definitely struggles with entry hazard removal because we don't anyone to remove entry hazards. It also struggles with stall teams (Not that they appear often) whenever they setup toxic spikes and stealth rocks and then start using some phazing moves.

Miyoko

Doraemon Enthusiast
is a Tiering Contributor
Ho there!
Hope you are having a nice day. I saw your RMT post and found that ur team is pretty competitive but making some changes would make it better so I am here to help your out.

The Changes:-

:Choice specs: --> :heavy duty boots: on :miraidon:
Miraidon @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Dragon
Timid Nature
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Reason:- Choice Specs miraidon can overkill many strong opposing pokemons. It's Specs volt switch is not only switching it out but also taking kills / doing big damage to the opposing Pokemon and i don't think u need something for Clodsire (u ran Tera water) cuz Clodsire loses to specs Bundle after all.

2. :Life orb: --> :focus sash: on :Iron leaves:

Reason:- This is because as always you need to hit ur opponent hard since it's a sweeping set and u actually don't need to use Sash as u can use Trailblaze to go to +2 speed and kill opposing bundle

3. :Espathra: --> :Chi-Yu:

Reason:- This is because Chi-Yu takes kills surely but Espathra is the best behind screens by grimsnarl so you always need this mon and it can outspeed many Pokemon with speed boost + speeds and also calm mind to raise it's stats.

This were some of the notable changes that I made. This are just my suggestions so everything is on you whether you will use them or not and feel free to ask me questions if u have any doubt. Thank You!

And Please Post some replays and the team link as pokepaste so that people can view it.

:Sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
ubers main, will comment on this in a bit so leaving this as a placeholder:

Edit:

Hope you're doing well. I just want to say that great start on the team so far, you seem to have your fundamentals down and the team can definitely be improved from this.

First thing I'd want to say is that you want to determine what kind of team you want. If you want an Electric Terrain team that utilizes setup sweepers with Grimmsnarl, then I'd suggest some changes:

Miyoko's suggestion of Espathra is good, but the team becomes too tera reliant to take on threats such as Chien Pao and Iron Bundle. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I also would see something like SD Chien-Pao work well here, since it forces out common Ground types that pressure Miraidon, threatens Iron Bundle with Tera Dark Sucker Punch, and can act as a one time switch-in to a Dark Pulse or Crunch from Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao respectively. You could also opt for an SD-Flame Charge Koraidon set here, as those are very good under screens, can bait Ice-types with Tera Fire, and also pressure the special walls that Miraidon and Iron Bundle struggle with. Both of these options help the team somewhat manage opposing Double Dance Miraidon, which has the potential to sweep HO teams without a dedicated ground.

Koraidon @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Dragon Claw
- Close Combat / Collision Course

Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Black Glasses
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Icicle Crash

For the Miraidon set, Double Dance Miraidon is by far the best possible set on Screens teams. Although Boots and Specs are good sets, you won't get as much value out of your screens if you're not boosting up and abusing Miraidon's incredible sweeping potential.

Miraidon @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Parabolic Charge
- Dazzling Gleam

The final change I would recommend is modify the item on Iron Leaves to Life Orb, like Miyoko said, which would really amplify Iron Leaves breaking power. I would also make Iron Leaves Timid because it lets it outspeed Timid Chi-Yu and faster variants of Double Dance Miraidon.

This variant of the team would look like this: https://pokepast.es/fdde6d2584ac106a

Let me know if u have any questions or suggestions! Good luck!

Last edited:
ubers main, will comment on this in a bit so leaving this as a placeholder:

Edit:

Hope you're doing well. I just want to say that great start on the team so far, you seem to have your fundamentals down and the team can definitely be improved from this.

First thing I'd want to say is that you want to determine what kind of team you want. If you want an Electric Terrain team that utilizes setup sweepers with Grimmsnarl, then I'd suggest some changes:

Miyoko's suggestion of Espathra is good, but the team becomes too tera reliant to take on threats such as Chien Pao and Iron Bundle. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I also would see something like SD Chien-Pao work well here, since it forces out common Ground types that pressure Miraidon, threatens Iron Bundle with Tera Dark Sucker Punch, and can act as a one time switch-in to a Dark Pulse or Crunch from Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao respectively. You could also opt for an SD-Flame Charge Koraidon set here, as those are very good under screens, can bait Ice-types with Tera Fire, and also pressure the special walls that Miraidon and Iron Bundle struggle with. Both of these options help the team somewhat manage opposing Double Dance Miraidon, which has the potential to sweep HO teams without a dedicated ground.

Koraidon @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Dragon Claw
- Close Combat / Collision Course

Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Black Glasses
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Icicle Crash

For the Miraidon set, Double Dance Miraidon is by far the best possible set on Screens teams. Although Boots and Specs are good sets, you won't get as much value out of your screens if you're not boosting up and abusing Miraidon's incredible sweeping potential.

Miraidon @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Parabolic Charge
- Dazzling Gleam

The final change I would recommend is modify the item on Iron Leaves to Life Orb, like Miyoko said, which would really amplify Iron Leaves breaking power. I would also make Iron Leaves Timid because it lets it outspeed Timid Chi-Yu and faster variants of Double Dance Miraidon.

This variant of the team would look like this: https://pokepast.es/fdde6d2584ac106a

Let me know if u have any questions or suggestions! Good luck!
Thank You! I'll be sure to test this team as soon as I can

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)