Electivire

Electivire is a shitty "cleaner" at that what with its base 95 speed and weak base power moves. I would much rather use Starmie or, if I'm looking for something physical to clean up, ScarfChomp/Landorus/etc.
Of course Chomp would be better. There isn't anything that chomp does that Evire does better imo. Idk, i scarf my Evire's. That way they can still be fast even without the speed boost.

If you scarf Evire you'd get a shitty 95 spd pokemon who can't switch moves, which is the main drawing point of evire, a free +1 boost to speed while being able to switch between various coverage moves. If I wanted to use a 95 spd scarfer with elec immunity I'd use Krookodile, who also has a good ability and stab pursuit.

Has anyone tried using meditate on Electivire? I've been thinking about it since gen 4 but never had a teamslot to use it. Basically, evire gets a spd boost from a electric pokemon, tanks a hit from the coverage move (probably HP ice) or forces a switch by threatening earthquake, and boosts it's attack with meditate. Afterwards, it basically has a dragon dance under it's belt and decent coverage with wild bolt, ice punch, and cross chop. Sounds good in theorymon, but it probably has issues.

If you scarf Evire you'd get a shitty 95 spd pokemon who can't switch moves, which is the main drawing point of evire, a free +1 boost to speed while being able to switch between various coverage moves. If I wanted to use a 95 spd scarfer with elec immunity I'd use Krookodile, who also has a good ability and stab pursuit.
I understand th faults with scarfing it. But sometimes the pros out way the cons. You wouldn't believe how many times people send in their scarfed pokes to kill him after I get a motor drive proc, thinking they would be faster. Then I have the Motor drive and the scarf allowing me to out speed their poke. I know Evire isn't that strong and once he picks a move hes stuck using it if hes scarfed. But catching somebody off guard even once can win the match. It's because he's scarfed, he's useful through the whole game as a cleaner of poke's who are around half hp. Of course there are better options for poke's who pretty much do the same thing. But I still think that this type of Evire is a viable option.

Electivire is a shitty "cleaner" at that what with its base 95 speed and weak base power moves. I would much rather use Starmie or, if I'm looking for something physical to clean up, ScarfChomp/Landorus/etc.
I wouldnt quite say he is a "shitty cleaner"... I would say hes not the best... but shitty is a little much dont you think?

granted he needs a motordrive boost... and granted he aint doing a damn thing to scarfchomp... or a few other scarfed pokes... even after a motordrive boost...

I will say though that he performs quite well on a rain team.... stab thunder even off of his weaker special stat hits pretty hard... enough to take out alot of pokes that have taken some residual damage... and it doesnt have to be a bunch of rsidual damage either...

I have had pretty underwhelming results outside of rain teams with him, but i think he has found quite a niche with rain teams... the natural make up of most rain teams practically begs for opponents to throw electric and grass moves around... and he can take advantage of those electric attacks for boosts... it helps keep some of the other water types safe...

i was using jolteon for an electric absorber but i find its better to have a mixed attacker so you dont get walled on the special side...

all in all we all know that there are players like salamence that does his job better... personally he works on the rain team specifically because of his special ability and his above average attacking abilities... Hes good not great

P.S. i agree with starmie.... thats why i got him on my team too... stab specs hydro pump in the rain 2 hkos most stuff that resists it... he is a serious powerhouse

Has anyone tried using meditate on Electivire? I've been thinking about it since gen 4 but never had a teamslot to use it. Basically, evire gets a spd boost from a electric pokemon, tanks a hit from the coverage move (probably HP ice) or forces a switch by threatening earthquake, and boosts it's attack with meditate. Afterwards, it basically has a dragon dance under it's belt and decent coverage with wild bolt, ice punch, and cross chop. Sounds good in theorymon, but it probably has issues.

I dont think meditate is that great... this guy cannot tank hits man... not really anyways... and even if he does the recoil from wild bolt/life orb will kill it... and as everyone has said... if you want a booster, going with someone else is prolly the better idea...

EDIT: I do however, agree with not scarfing evire... as you stated, his best asset is being able to hit so many pokes for supereffective damage

rechargable battery doesnt stack with his ability......
ok
still useless
though ive ran him with a gyarados and a skarm and he works with spikes support
but anything scarfed wercks him

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
As Electivire is UU now, let's talk about his performance in a tier he finally belongs in.

As Electivire is UU now, let's talk about his performance in a tier he finally belongs in.
undoubtedly...

side bar.... WHERE IS THE UU LIST? no one has been able to provide this to me... I know that its still going through testing, but where is the current list so far

undoubtedly...

side bar.... WHERE IS THE UU LIST? no one has been able to provide this to me... I know that its still going through testing, but where is the current list so far
The current UU list is stickied in the UU forum.

And yeah, I agree to some posts that Electivire is better off as a late-game cleaner, though it isn't good at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)