Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Cinderace is this team's offensive pivot. Pyro Ball is for an extremely powerful STAB attack and High Jump Kick is for coverage, specifically to hit Garganacl. Sucker Punch is so this team doesn't get steamrolled by setup sweepers as even Toxapex can be overwhelmed. U-Turn is for pivoting and because U-Turn is good. Choice Scarf is for extra speed control.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun

This Volcarona is the standard sweeper set. I chose Flamethrower over Fiery Dance because of it's increased power and PP. Giga Drain is for Water Types and Morning-Sun is for recovery. Sadly, however, this set gets obliterated by Skeledirge.

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Jaw Lock
- Acrobatics
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Roaring Moon was added as a Win Condition for this team. Jaw Lock was added to trap Pokemon so Roaring Moon can set up and Taunt is to make it even easier to set up in the face of passive pokemon, (Clodsire). Acrobatics is to smash Great Tusk and Tera Flying is to further improve it's Great Tusk matchup. Dragon Dance is for setup.

Toxapex @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 206 Def / 50 SpD
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex was added to the team as a sturdy defensive backbone. Surf + Toxic are to mitigate its passiveness and Haze + Recover are to shut down setup sweepers. The eject button is to bring in breakers and sweepers safely with the idea that the damage Toxapex takes is cancelled out, (most of the time), with Regenerator. The EV spread is just the standard Pex spread.

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Nuzzle
- Calm Mind

Hatterene was added to relieve some pressure of Great-Tusk so that the Great Tusk doesn't have to single handedly keep hazards off the field. It also provides some nice defensive presnece. Draining Kiss and Leftovers are for recovery and Nuzzle is to spread paralysis. Calm Mind is so Hatterene can act as a make-shift, endgame sweeper in the right conditions.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

This slot used to belong to Kingambit but Great Tusk was put on here to help the team with hazards, specifically Glimmora which isn't deterred by Hatterene. Knock Off is for Air Balloon Ghouldengo and Ice Spinner is for coverage. Earthquake is for STAB and Rapid Spin is to remove hazards. The item, leftovers, is used to help Great Tusk with its lack of reliable recovery.

Please rate this team. Thanks!

Last edited:
Cool team! I love eject strats! I’ll argue for a big change tho: putting the button on hatt and putting t spikes on pex. To win in OU, you need to be able to push advantage HARD. Tera can transform something defensive often times into something straight unkillable. Lots of teams can get away with this thanks to hazard stacking. Others can use field conditions and items to maintain pace and pressure. Your team looks strong, but not quite enough enough to push past certain obstacles. Namely anything tera Water/Fairy and with a broken ability like the Skeledirge you mentioned.
Which is why I’m not sure about Cinderace. It’s amazing, but scarf gets clowned on by anything physically defensive and is weak to stealth rock. I think you could make a case for boots or band (I would do band) and then make great tusk more defensive and reliable as a hazard remover.
I think something that only needs 0-1 set up turns works better here since they synergize well with eject items. Kingambit, baxcalibur, iron moth, walking wake. These mons have the pressure to force switches and when you couple that with hazards and item removal, you will find yourself suddenly able to blow through normal checks.
Hope you like suggestions! Let me know if you have questions about the sets or anything I said!

So Volcarona... flamethrower does have more power, but firey dance is just a better move so I would go with that 100%. If you're having trouble with skele, try this set below. I've used it many times with great success so hopefully, you will be able to too.

The Volc (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast

Youre pex is good, but not the best. It's the same with hatt. If you're trying to form a good defensive core with the two then focus on being a defensive team to bounce off each other with. Try these sets below and I am sure you'll have a lot better success.

The Hatt (Hatterene) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock/ Mystical Fire.
- Nuzzle

This hatt set will give you the defense you need while still being able to add more attacking and spdef bulk. It also gives you more liveability for pivots and a potential second win con if you get in a couple of calm minds. Its similar for pex... Let me explain. I know the set above is standard pex, but with your team I think you would have better luck if you leaned more spdef to help offset hatt. Also, swap surf for chilling water (to further help with your bulk) and 100% give pex black sludge/ leftovers instead of eject button. I don't think eject button really makes sense here, but it could be useful on hatt. It's something to play around with as I don't use eject button much myself. Another thing to consider is swapping recover for toxic spikes. You need hazards (touched on a little with tusk later) and you already have good recovery in regenerator/ sludge/ leftovers. But I would for sure take this with a grain of salt and play around with it. I am not saying recover is bad, but I am saying that you need hazards.

And with all of these suggestions I would lastly turn tusk into a bulky spinner. Scarfed cinder is a good mon for pivoting, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it being on your team (especially to help outspeed some tricky mons), but then you don't have much need for yet another fast attacker. I'll post a set below that I think would be a lot of help. It gives you that survivability to keep on spinning, and adds some extra bulk to absorb more hits and allow better pivot into your wincons

Gluk Gluk Gluk (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots/ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rocks

Mmmm sorry if this is a little rambly and scatterbrained. I am a busy and sad.

Any-whoozer, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)