E.Terrain Beta Team VGC Series 2

Have just been modifying this team over a week now to just keep improving it. Possibly might start another team but just looking for other opinions on what I was working with.

Bullish (Tauros-Paldea-Aqua) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 96 HP / 156 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Raging Bull
- Protect

While not most used, Tauros has been a nice clean up option when some damage has been delivered at the beginning of a battle. While screens aren't always used Raging bull works well to tear through it and keep damage values high. Debated using band but decided life orb because I rather have more options with the power rather than locking myself with a choice item when it comes to this mon.

Walther (Kilowattrel) (M) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 100 HP / 80 Def / 40 SpA / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Electro Ball
- Electric Terrain

Probably the mon that most surprised me on this team. I only selected it at first as it was the only one who had both Tailwind and Electric terrain, but with competitive as an ability it can also have a strong offensive presence too. It's definitely not the best tailwind setter but its versatility in roles and the ability to set up either the Tailwind or the Electric Terrain modes of this team.

Roadroller (Iron Treads) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

The original reason I wanted to build this team in the first place. It is usually my go-to when starting with Kilowattrel as both have great synergy with each other and Treads can benefit for both modes up front. Using Assault Vest gives it enough bulk when Tera to live an attack from Iron Bundle and hit back as hard as it can. Using Tailwind to double speed and Electric Terrain to increase its attack it can be one of the heaviest hitters on the team with utility on its own, even able to stop enemy future Paradox mons from using Quark Drive with Ice Spinner.

Felix (Iron Valiant) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spirit Break
- Tera Blast
- Swords Dance

It was moreso a fun pick and I have been tweaking its tera type over the time I spent developing this team. It definitely can hit hard, and has given decent coverage on the fairy side. Tera Fire also being a great option when facing sun teams for extra damage on certain mons when regular Stab wont work.

Venter (Amoonguss) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 216 HP / 144 Def / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Clear Smog
- Spore

Going to be honest this is the least used mon of the team. It can definitely help against trick room when it gets its few times to shine. That said it is more so a redirecter the few times I do get to switch it in.

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Throat Chop
- Rock Slide
- Protect

The last major edit I made to the team, and I don't regret it. Roaring Moon brings a level of offensive presence that was definitely needed to this team. While its rock slides can be major or just neat chip. It is a nice fast damager.

Its been mostly fun just developing this team and if I reached the limit I can push it. So be it. Just want to see what other advice or tweaks can be given outside of just "E.Terrain bad." While I get manual set-up of Terrains isn't the norm, however I found it does have some merit to it. Perhaps when Miraidon or Koko gets release I'll try this team out in a faster sense.

I'd look into mystic water on Tauros. You use 2 water attacks, and it's bulky. You do lose a lot of power on CC, and w little even on the water moves, but it may be worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)