Dynamax Adventures Thread

One of the premiere features of the Crown Tundra is the sparkly new Dynamax Adventures. While joining up with others online (or CPUS), you can delve deep into Dens and search out Legendary Pokemon to add to you collection. You cant use your own pokemon though; Galar Particles are all over the place (and your level 10s would make it far too easy), so you are restricted to Rental Pokemon and whatever you find along the way on your route to the legendary at the end.

While this sounds easy enough, dont be fooled: You are only allowed 4 KOs like regular raids, but for the entire adventure. No matter where you are, 4kos is a trip back to the entrance, so health management and coordination is key. Dont think just about brute force, keep an eye out for cleric pokemon that can heal or mitigate damage for your teammates. You are also allowed only 1 capture of a legendary per game; even if you encounter them again, you will not be able to catch it if you've done so already. Lastly, it seems shiny rates and Hidden Abilities are in much higher chances here, so vigilant shiny hunters may want to keep an eye out for that.

With all this out the way, this thread is dedicated for matchmaking, tips and tricks, discussion, and other useful bits around this new feature. As we know more, we'll update important information here. Good luck, and happy hunting, trainers!

I don't have a lot of thoughts right now, but I like these a TON more than regular raids. I think the shield mechanic completely degenerates anything potentially interesting, so I'm ecstatic to see it removed here. Having the amount of damage I deal actually matter (outside of like 2cat/2dog stuff) is great; so is being able to actually utilize the effects of max moves.

Also Cherrim rules, easy 50% Attack/Special Defense boost for the team ~_~ In general I think the "badness" of the sets frequently complained about prerelease was greatly exaggerated, there's some dumb stuff but by and large they work.

I don't have a lot of thoughts right now, but I like these a TON more than regular raids. I think the shield mechanic completely degenerates anything potentially interesting, so I'm ecstatic to see it removed here. Having the amount of damage I deal actually matter (outside of like 2cat/2dog stuff) is great; so is being able to actually utilize the effects of max moves.

Also Cherrim rules, easy 50% Attack/Special Defense boost for the team ~_~ In general I think the "badness" of the sets frequently complained about prerelease was greatly exaggerated, there's some dumb stuff but by and large they work.
honestly even the "bad" sets have remarkable utility. String shot charjabug has come in clutch for me

I think I want to make a tier list of bosses to avoid in the future, because good lord, Zygarde is public enemy number 1 in my book. It can appear in both Ground or Dragon adventures, and has several spread damage attacks that can spell the end of a long expedition. The icing on the cake though is that they are all Power Construct, and nothing says fear quite like seeing the Boss Transform and HEAL back into the green zone before getting the chance to attack twice.

Reshiram was definitely a step up from Suicune & Moltres for me. Thankfully no moves that could hit multiple targets, but it still took about 3 or 4 runs before I could beat it, where I managed to get a real dream team of Sudowoodo, Relicanth and Lycanroc (Midnight) (and my rental of Grapploct, who didnt contribute much). Fun fact: Sudowoodo can take a Blue Flare on the chin!

Does it seem like every boss comes with a set moveset? Might be something worth looking into

Can I just say it's so nice that if you lose, you get to immediately just try again on any of the ones you lose at again? I like that a lot, adds a fun element to offset the randomness and lets you invite others (this is also Nia's real purpose, I imagine) if you need it.

PSA!!

If you care about shinies, catch EVERY pokemon you defeat.

We know that legendaries don't show up shiny until after defeat. I saw a rumor that legendaries have an increased shiny rate in DMax Adventures and I'm fairly sure this extends to all Pokemon as I just saw the Accelgor I caught during a run ended up being shiny!

IK this doesn't confirm that the shiny rate is higher but it's some good food for thought.

Does it seem like every boss comes with a set moveset? Might be something worth looking into
Fairly certain it does. I fought Xerneas and Zygarde three times each before catching them, and they had the same moveset each time.

Zygarde, incidentally, basically required a powerful Ice user, a Dynamaxed dragon user to neutralise its spread moves, and the other two either using more Ice moves or mostly using support moves. It's definitely an intimidating boss and I was satisfied with the challenge.

So I spent a lot of time with Xerneas an Zygarde last night and still haven't caught them.

Probably my 2 most demoralising runs were when my random human partner lucked into Mienshao vs Zygarde and didn't click Wide guard once and then myself on a Neutralizing Gas Weezing watching my Clefairy team mate with 1 attacking move Dynamax in front of Xerneas rather than wait a turn for our Klang player to wreck it.

Are natures and IVs locked for the legendary mons, or can you reset for ideal stats?

My first run through was a calm Suicuine, so that was awesome.

Are natures and IVs locked for the legendary mons, or can you reset for ideal stats?

My first run through was a calm Suicuine, so that was awesome.
They're not locked, however you have to re-do the entire raid for obvious reasons.

Honestly you might be better off just catching them (shiny hunting aside) and then using items to fix IV and natures.

Do we know who the version exclusive legendaries are? I hope Sword doesn't have the same as Ultra Sun. Already hunted those and I wanna go after Pheromosa and Celesteela.

You can still find opposite version legends in groups, so realistically it doesn't matter as much as in past gens.
Although you actually don't get to see the legendary until you reach the very end of the Adventure, so you need to know someone that can manually set up that legendary.

Although you actually don't get to see the legendary until you reach the very end of the Adventure, so you need to know someone that can manually set up that legendary.
Tbh it doesn't seem like the odds of encountering them in random matchups are too awful. I've encountered Lunala and Latias without really trying.

I've had some pretty bad raid partners, but the guy who kept using Coaching when one of our two main attackers was a Contrary Malamar, alongside the guy who used Topsy-Turvy after a Nasty Plot then used it again, alongside the guy who kept using Instruct on a Dynamax Pokemon really takes the cake for a bad party. I'm impressed with myself for nearly winning, considering I was basically soloing the raid with my teammates actively sabotaging me.

I don't think the legendaries are THAT exclusive though.

I have Shield which means Xerneas is Sword exclusive, however because I unlocked the possibility to fight it via random invite; once you fail to beat it you can keep going back to it, even solo in your Shield game.

Which is a LOT friendlier than hoping to luck into an opposite version group that's also got the good RNG/skill to take it down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)