Tournament DUU 2019 Circuit Playoffs - Won by SMB

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DOUBLES UU 2019 CIRCUIT PLAYOFFS

For more information on Doubles UU, please visit this thread.

DUU Circuit info
  • This is the top eight playoff and culmination of the 4 DUU tournaments that were run over the course of 2019.
  • The top 4 finishers in this playoff will receive real cash prizes! First place will receive $50 (as well as a custom role in the DOU Discord), second place will receive $20, and the other top 4 finishers will receive $10.
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard USUM Doubles UU tournament
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from n10sit tours for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD or Tier Leader. Coin flips will be done on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles UU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles OU is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
  • Do not be rude or disrespectful to your opponent or towards the integrity of the tournament. I reserve the right to drop anyone breaking this rule from the tournament and seek that they are punished further.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • DOU Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles UU banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles UU:
Aegislash, Amoonguss, Camerupt-Mega, Celesteela, Charizard-Mega-Y, Cresselia, Diancie, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Gardevoir-Mega, Gastrodon, Genesect, Gothitelle, Heatran, Hoopa-Unbound, Incineroar, Kartana, Kingdra, Kommo-o, Kyurem-Black, Landorus-Therian, Manectric-Mega, Metagross-Mega, Mew, Milotic, Ninetales-Alola, Pelipper, Politoed, Porygon2, Salamence-Mega, Scrafty, Stakataka, Suicune, Swampert-Mega, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Terrakion, Tyranitar, Victini, Volcanion, Volcarona, Whimsicott, Zapdos, Zeraora, Zygarde

The deadline for round 1 will be Monday, January 12th at 11:59 PM EST.

Bracket: https://challonge.com/duuplayoffs2019

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SMB and Yoda2798 have been granted an extension for until Wednesday, January 15th at 11:59 PM EST because Yoda got stuck in the baby harness swing at the playground again. The entire Scottish armed forces is working to remove him so he can get this game done

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
F I N A L S

Congrats to MajorBowman and SMB, who will be playing for the $50 prize and the role of circuit champion! Another big congrats to Demantoid and Mishimono, who got mished but still will receive $10 prizes! Please play this game soon if it's not done by February 5th or 6th I'm going to spend the money on mailing moldy noodles to majorbowmans place of employment

MajorBowman vs. SMB

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
Congratulations to SMB on winning this circuit and $50!! I have messaged all of the prize winners on Discord in order to work out the details of getting you guys your money.

I wanted to share an extremely heartfelt thank you to everyone who participated in any of the DUU tournaments over the past year. Getting to unofficially "run" a format and tournament circuit like this is a privilege and everything I could want from my time on Smogon. Seeing people from the most respected names in our community to newcomers saying they enjoy playing DUU warms my heart each time I see it and it makes me want to continue to do everything I can not just for DUU but for the Doubles community as a whole. Thanks to everyone for playing, I'll see you guys in some more tournaments soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)