Dubz Community Create-A-Team (CCAT) v1.0 - Submit Revisions!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This looks like it's been lost in the fray amongst many other active threads. I'm going to extend nominations for another five hours then move onto voting because I'd REALLY love to see some more submissions. Happy posting!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All the submissions are in for round 3! Thanks for all the submissions, let's get to voting!

Laga
's Breloom
Audiosurfer's Virizion
Nollan's Tornadus
Pocket's Metagross
lukejr's Cresselia

Remember, vote for one and one only. To vote, just type type the username whose set you'd like to vote for in bold. For instance, if I wanted to vote Nollan's Tornadus, I'd just post:
Nollan

Also, feel free to vote for yourself, but make sure you make an honest assessment of all of the submissions before you vote!

nollan

at least you didnt capitalize my username.............................................................................................................

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Pocket: 7
Nollan: 7

Looks like we're at a tie and I'd like to move on. As a rule that I should have stated before, I will be posting the tie-breaker.

Nollan

The Destructor (Tornadus) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Protect

Round 4
nominations will start now. We're swiftly nearing the end and I'm really excited to see what will pan out! As always, vote for one set. No slashes, no physical Zam, small write up, you get it.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 64 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Helping Hand

We all know what Hitmontop does. Let me try to tell you why it works well with this team.

The Pokemon that this team is based around (Tyranitar), is a Pokemon that sets up and has a powerful spread move. Fake Out and Wide Guard helps it set up Dragon Dance, and Helping Hand helps it spam Rock Slide after setting up, since Helping hand will more than make up for the spread nerf that is present in Doubles. It also has great synergy with Tornadus; CC for Rock and Steel types, and Fake Out because Fake Out helps everything on every team. It also forms a Trick Room buster core with it, and Trick Room seems to be problematic for this team; especially SandRoom. The combination of Fake Out and Taunt is great at consistently keeping Trick Room off the field, at least for a few turns. Generally an awesome support option for this team, and with Rotom's Light Screen combined with Top's Intimidate, the overall bulk of the team will become quite high.

Last edited:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Wakasagihime (Suicune) @ Rindo Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

okay I don't have to explain this set it's just Tailwind Suicune one of the most straightforward mons in existence.

Right now this team has a fairly significant problem with speed - that is, Tyranitar is a slow sack of shit even at +1 and Tornadus is the only real "fastmon" on the team. Packing a good typing that doesn't compound on any problematic weaknesses the team has, Suicuine's bulk, power, and access to Tailwind all serve to make it a great answer to the team's need for speed. In addition, with Rindo Berry, Suicune can also serve as a great check to Shaymin-Sky, who currently gives the team massive problems (Seed Flare murders Tyranitar and Rotom-W, Air Slash murders Volcarona).

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 148 HP / 108 Spd
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi's typing is exactly what's needed at this stage. The fact that we have 0 rock or dragons resists at this point is extremely damaging, especially when we have two pokes who won't take rock slides well at all. Jirachi is, imo, the best answer to this for our team as it takes the pressure off volc to sponge all the hits for Ttar. Also, as mentioned above by nyttyn, this team is very slow at the moment and this issue can be fixed through thunder wave support which rachi provides.

Due to our current line-up, Excadrill, especially Mold Breaker variants w/ a Togekiss + Excadrill core, will run all over this team. We also have a crippling dual Rock weakness now, making a Fighting- or Steel-type (preferably one who can handle Excadrill) a natural choice. Trick Room is also a big issue that this team faces. While the Hitmontop Laga has put forth is clearly a solid option, I think this team would enjoy A) priority (no, Fake Out doesn't count), and B) a more proactive choice for putting the brakes on Trick Room. As such, I put forth an underrated, yet very effective set.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Detect

Alright, so this set is mostly standard, but there are a few unorthodox things and a few options to consider. Life Orb is the standard item for Conkeldurr, as it needs the 30% boost for Ice Punch to OHKO Latios and Thundurus, the later is the real target, as it will be very annoying to deal with if Volcarona isn't around to redirect its Thunder Waves. Latios will KO anyways as it has Draco Meteor, and Tornadus can rip it down to size anyways. However, there is a catch. A Life Orb boosted Iron Fist Mach Punch has a 87.5% chance to OHKO 4/0 Excadrill, which means you may not always take it out. The spread is fairly unusual, most Conkeldurr will invest in SpD in order to tank things like Electric Gem Thunderbolts and the likes. However, this spread is chosen because A) Rotom-Wash happens to have Light Screen, which will be helping against special attacks anyway, and B) the heavier physical bulk allows it to tank more attacks from Sand archetypes, so that you can take out Excadrill with more ease, who needs Iron Head and Life Orb to score a 2HKO on Conkeldurr. On a related subject, this is why I opted Drain Punch over Hammer Arm. Drain Punch extends longetivity, which is something this Conkeldurr will need if it wants to reliably take out Excadrill.

-EDIT- Sorry if I overdid it :[

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
The team looks pretty weak to Sand, as most people have said already, as well as typical DisQuake with a Mold Breaker Exca; thus, I think a logical step would be to introduce a good Wide Guarder to rectify these problems. That's why I present to you the almighty CARRACOSTA.

Carracosta @ Rindo Berry
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SDef / 192 Def
Impish Nature
- Wide Guard
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Rock Slide

Capable of blocking attempts at Rock Slides to kill Volcarona and Tornadus, Discharges to kill Tornadus, and Earthquakes to kill everything besides Tornadus, Wide Guard is a godsend on Carracosta. Furthermore, Aqua Tail is handy for taking out Excadrills on opposing Sand teams, as is Aqua Jet (if they're weakened). Meanwhile, Rock Slide can finish off weakened Thundurus (which this team is pretty vulnerable to, what with Prankster Thunder Wave).
0 Atk Carracosta Aqua Tail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 314-372 (86.74 - 102.76%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 140-168 (38.67 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Carracosta Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 170-204 (56.85 - 68.22%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But that's not even the impressive bit yet. What's really cool is Carracosta's stunning bulk:
Physical Threats:
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 190-225 (53.97 - 63.92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Sand Rush)
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Carracosta: 254-300 (72.15 - 85.22%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Mold Breaker)
252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Carracosta: 270-318 (76.7 - 90.34%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 214-253 (60.79 - 71.87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 178-211 (50.56 - 59.94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Fighting Gem Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 240-283 (68.18 - 80.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Special Threats:
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Carracosta in sand: 281-331 (79.82 - 94.03%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta in sand: 257-304 (73.01 - 86.36%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Carracosta in sand: 297-349 (84.37 - 99.14%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Grass moves? I wouldn't worry about those if I were you. Rindo is great!
252 SpA Abomasnow Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Rindo Berry Solid Rock Carracosta: 202-238 (57.38 - 67.61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Rindo Berry Solid Rock Carracosta in sand: 142-170 (40.34 - 48.29%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And after Rindo's gone:
252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta in sand: 285-339 (80.96 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Oh, and you were worried about TR?
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 198-234 (56.25 - 66.47%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Carracosta in sand: 195-231 (55.39 - 65.62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just about the only physical threat which can actually OHKO Carracosta is Breloom, by the way. Anyway, since we have Volcarona AND Tornadus for that, I don't see it being much of an issue. Furthermore, once Rotom-W gets up Light Screen, Carracosta will be taking even less from Special attacks!

Edit: no, just because @Celever liked my post does not mean it's a troll post. I'm perfectly serious 9.9

Last edited:
The team looks pretty weak to Sand, as most people have said already, as well as typical DisQuake with a Mold Breaker Exca; thus, I think a logical step would be to introduce a good Wide Guarder to rectify these problems. That's why I present to you the almighty CARRACOSTA.

Carracosta @ Rindo Berry
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SDef / 192 Def
Impish Nature
- Wide Guard
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Rock Slide

Capable of blocking attempts at Rock Slides to kill Volcarona and Tornadus, Discharges to kill Tornadus, and Earthquakes to kill everything besides Tornadus, Wide Guard is a godsend on Carracosta. Furthermore, Aqua Tail is handy for taking out Excadrills on opposing Sand teams, as is Aqua Jet (if they're weakened). Meanwhile, Rock Slide can finish off weakened Thundurus (which this team is pretty vulnerable to, what with Prankster Thunder Wave).
0 Atk Carracosta Aqua Tail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 314-372 (86.74 - 102.76%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 140-168 (38.67 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Carracosta Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 170-204 (56.85 - 68.22%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But that's not even the impressive bit yet. What's really cool is Carracosta's stunning bulk:
Physical Threats:
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 190-225 (53.97 - 63.92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Sand Rush)
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Carracosta: 254-300 (72.15 - 85.22%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Mold Breaker)
252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Carracosta: 270-318 (76.7 - 90.34%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 214-253 (60.79 - 71.87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 178-211 (50.56 - 59.94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Fighting Gem Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 240-283 (68.18 - 80.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Special Threats:
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Carracosta in sand: 281-331 (79.82 - 94.03%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta in sand: 257-304 (73.01 - 86.36%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Carracosta in sand: 297-349 (84.37 - 99.14%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Grass moves? I wouldn't worry about those if I were you. Rindo is great!
252 SpA Abomasnow Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Rindo Berry Solid Rock Carracosta: 202-238 (57.38 - 67.61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Rindo Berry Solid Rock Carracosta in sand: 142-170 (40.34 - 48.29%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And after Rindo's gone:
252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta in sand: 285-339 (80.96 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Oh, and you were worried about TR?
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 198-234 (56.25 - 66.47%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Carracosta in sand: 195-231 (55.39 - 65.62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just about the only physical threat which can actually OHKO Carracosta is Breloom, by the way. Anyway, since we have Volcarona AND Tornadus for that, I don't see it being much of an issue. Furthermore, once Rotom-W gets up Light Screen, Carracosta will be taking even less from Special attacks!

Edit: no, just because @Celever liked my post does not mean it's a troll post. I'm perfectly serious 9.9
I want to clarify that when I post this, I am not saying Carracosta is a terrible choice or anything like that, I just want clarify why I disagree with it.

While it has a lot of bulk, it still dies to a good few hits, and without enough offensive power to deliver, it is going to be hard to work around. Most notably, the team is going to absolutely despise Ludicolo in Rain. With LO, it dents EVERY member of the team very hard (tbh it doesn't need LO to dent every member really hard). While Rotom-W is our "Rain Counter", a team that is this weak to Rain is going to take more than one counter to operate against it. I generally think Carracosta may not be the best direction to operate, because A) it relies on Sand to preserve its special bulk, and B) is weak to Rain teams, especially those with Grass types on them, Shaymin-S and Ludicolo in particular. Imo, we need something that can reliably handle Sand w/o adding further problems against Rain. Furthermore, it is going to find itself not very effective against non-Sand, as Rock Slide cannot even guarentee a 2HKO on 252/0 Thundurus, who will also be holding Sitrus Berry most of the time. Also note how extensively common attacks, like a Fighting Gem CC off of Hitmontop, will just laugh at it, dealing massive damage to it and leaving it easy to take out and play around. Overall, I think we need something that can immediately threaten Excadrill in particular, such as Hitmontop or Conkeldurr, as if it isn't immediately threatened, it can deal heavy damage to the team, and all Carracosta can really do is try to outplay it with Wide Guard vs Excadrill's Protect, Aqua Jet is going to need a lot more than a 3HKO to deal with it.

Don't get me wrong, Carrcacosta is an interesting idea and I'm certainly into trying it out sometime, but I feel this team will not work very well with it, it provides little synergy and support outside of Wide Guard and a dealthy ineffective Aqua Jet for this team, and what is does provide is outclassed in most aspects.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)