Dream World CCAT (Signups for laddering!)

ala's idea of running Gliscor seems like a good idea. I am going to test it out on the version of this CCAT team I am using, but I have been running Mamoswine in the slot of the Ground-type and Electric-type immune Pokemon, and it seems to fit in there nicely as well. The main perks which Mamoswine has over Gliscor are Thick Fat, which means that it fucks up Volcarona in the rain nicely with Stone Edge, STAB Icicle Crash, and a powerful STAB Ice Shard which allows it to check stuff like Dragonite, Thundurus, and Breloom. It also checks Latias and Amoonguss very well. Admittedly, you lose to Reuniclus and Metagross if they are healthy (CB EQ misses the OHKO on both iirc), but Jirachi is never staying in from fear of EQ; it can only win one-on-one if Body Slam paralyzes and it gets a fp.

To make things clear, this is the set I am running -

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability - Thick Fat
EVs- 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Shard
- Stone Edge

Gliscor does have two advantages - a Fighting-type resistance and the ability to check Excadrill. However, opposing rain sweepers such as Thundurus and Raikou destroy it, so the choice between Gliscor and Mamoswine really comes down to what threatens our team more; Excadrill does pose a huge threat to rain teams in general, and Scarf Politoed can revenge kill Thundurus and Raikou [if the latter doesn't get too many CM boosts, that is]. As I said, I will test out Gliscor tomorrow if I can, and come back with more conclusive results.

Hmm, so I've been thinking, what happens when you use Trick Room in Dream World? Well, currently, we need a check to Excadrill, a sturdy wall, and a means of preventing a sweep. I think Bronzong can bring all of this to the table; it comfortably beats Excadrill, it can turn the opponent's momentum against him, and it can countersweep given the chance. What's more? Well, Bronzong no longer suffers a weakness to Fire thanks to rain, so Chandelure won't be as problematic. Additionally, Bronzong is not sitting bait, it can just wreck havoc!

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD | 0 Spe
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice

We are now done with the nominations! Time to build a team. For this, you're going to vote on 3 teammates that will support Meloetta from the following list of nominees!

SubCM Jirachi
Forretress
SubDisable Gengar
Choice Scarf Politoed
Double Dance Terrakion
Tail Glow Manaphy
Lead Deoxys-S
Rapid Spin Donphan
Mixed Zoroark
Specially Defensive Forretress
Curse Quagsire
Stealth Rock Donphan
Offensive Rapid Spin Starmie
Technician Breloom
Defensive Politoed
Belly Drum Politoed
Choice Specs Latios
Dry Skin Jynx
Rain Volcarona
Toxic Orb Gliscor
Choice Band Mamoswine
Trick Room Bronzong

Once we have 3 supporting teammates, I'll get together with a few people and finish up the team from there. Now, go ahead and vote! (voted and chosen one at a time, that is)

Welcome to the team, Choice Scarf Politoed! You are now the next teammate! For those of you that need a reminder, the team so far is:

Meloetta @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Ice

+

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass
- Perish Song

Now, we vote for the next Pokemon on the team. This election will last until Saturday, April 21st at noon EST. My votes are:

Double Dance Terrakion
Trick Room Bronzong
Technician Breloom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)