Resource DPP Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Can we please ban rachi
Yeah I'm not in charge (or part of the DP council) but I don't think that's going to happen. Jirachi isn't broken necessarily it just does everything very well (hence it being S3 tier)

rachi has basically no counters, not even Heatran counters it a100% of the time, you often have to sacc something in order to even kill it

Janik

formerly lele3
Anyone have any good sample Hail teams?
In my opinion, Abomasnow fits best on teams that revolve around Zapdos as the primary fighter check; paralysis support, Starmie as the spinner, which spins all day on common rockers like Heatran, and Clef, which takes advantage of hail weakening steels, is itself immune to hail, and has knock to really make that hail chip sting. Pairing Abomasnow with spikes is also a good idea, as they synergise well with hail offsetting the leftovers recovery of steels. Nidoqueen is another decent partner, it has Tspikes to weaken Tar, is an okayish check to fighters, but spikes do just as well and affect more mons. Mons that directly take advantage of hail with snow cloak and ice body are generally not very good and you should avoid using them. I also do not recommend using Tentacruel as tempting as it might seem. There is currently no specific set of mons that best take advantage of hail, but people have tried out all sorts of things, just requires a bit of experimentation.

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Is arceus banned from Ubers? What’s up w that?
Smogon is an atheist place, no god is allowed here.

Now, the actual answer would be that the only way to get Arceus was from a weird event at level 100, so it was limited to have 100 EVs in 5 Stats, not 252/252/4 EV Spread. Despite this limitation, people in charge of Ubers Tier thought Arceus presence was undesirable in the Tier. Pretty sure someone can explain this better than me but I saw a good opportunity to make a bad joke.

Is arceus banned from Ubers? What’s up w that?
A lot of it has to do with it having base 120 stats. It's the 5th fastest pokemon (Darkrai, Deoxys, Mewtwo, Shaymin-S) in Ubers. So it's faster than most things, and then on top of that it's bulky even without maxing its investment. Then, it can run calm mind/swords dance sets with any typing of your choice (especially calm mind). And it has stab on Extreme Speed, which is a really good move even without stab.

Obviously this all still applies in gen 5, but that generation experienced HUGE power creep which made it more manageable.

Yo so I don’t play the tier but I been wondering, has there been any talk about unbanning mence now that Latias is free? I’m not gonna act like ik why mence got banned, but in a lotta ways Latias checks it. It’s faster, so it outspeeds non dd sets, and scarf Latias beats dd mence

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Yo so I don’t play the tier but I been wondering, has there been any talk about unbanning mence now that Latias is free? I’m not gonna act like ik why mence got banned, but in a lotta ways Latias checks it. It’s faster, so it outspeeds non dd sets, and scarf Latias beats dd mence
As someone who's been pretty dedicated to the tier Mence's issue is that it has Base 100 Speed + Dragon Dance + Outrage which is very easy to spam in gen 4. Is having Latias unbanned help reasons to have Mence in the tier? yeah it does but it will outclass Dragonite immensely. As someone who's played DPP 13 years ago, Mence, Chomp were very broken and were a must on majority of offensive teams. Could I see Mence being tested? yeah (there hasn't been much discussion regarding it though). I think the biggest conversation has been banning Jirachi.

As someone who's been pretty dedicated to the tier Mence's issue is that it has Base 100 Speed + Dragon Dance + Outrage which is very easy to spam in gen 4. Is having Latias unbanned help reasons to have Mence in the tier? yeah it does but it will outclass Dragonite immensely. As someone who's played DPP 13 years ago, Mence, Chomp were very broken and were a must on majority of offensive teams. Could I see Mence being tested? yeah (there hasn't been much discussion regarding it though). I think the biggest conversation has been banning Jirachi.
Chomps in a league of its own, but banning rachi seems kinda whack imo. Ion play the tier but serene grace shenanigans are the same shit every Gen. Mence would help with rachi imMENCEly tho, given its access to eq, comparable speed, and access to dd. Especially with it being held with a tighter leash with with Latias, I think it could be a possible consideration for the meta.

I be playing Gen 5 fr, and a cornerstone I noticed we have that y’all didn’t is access to the latis. Latios especially, but this applies to Latias as well. They outspeed and check most dragons, and with a scarf they outspeed *everything*. I’m not saying open the floodgates to chomp and latios, they’d murder the entire meta, but Latias really puts a damper on mence, which could help check other threats in the meta. Again, idk the meta, but if rachi is an issue let’s let something of equal speed take it on.

edit: I just added more shit

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)