DPP DPP OU Winter Seasonal #6 - Round 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Art by Blazenix
Hosted by Lialiabeast and Murm

Entering this seasonal earns you points in qualifying for the DPP OU Championship. Winning this tournament will allow you to display
or
in your signature.

1710761094309.png

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard DPP OU tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 4] OU".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
  • Replays will not be required until Top 16, , but it is mandatory to save them regardless in case of disputes.
  • Activity calls will be made by Lialiabeast and I, potentially with neutral assistance from a Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what plays to make)
    • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for Smogon likes)
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.

DPP OverUsed Format

Banned Pokémon

Arceus (All formes), Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.

Banned Moves
Swagger.

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Snow Cloak.

Banned Items
Soul Dew.

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, OKHO Clause, Evasion Clause, Endless Battle Clause.

Tie Rules
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.​
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.​
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.​
DPP forum for resources.​

Round Eight
Winners
Emeral  vs  Shing
Gjaku
 vs  Mustounet
temp  vs  aubury
Tbolt  vs  Free Mew
Fakes
 vs  Student of Sinnoh
lele3  vs  Laurel
nightcore  vs  false
Larry  vs  blazzd

Losers
TyCarter  vs  JabbaTheGriffin
Vulpix03  vs  Sageau
goldmason
 vs  monchooo
ImposterOCE  vs  CyberOdin✝
TGA
 vs  Christos
Pideous  vs  OranBerryBlissey10
Wamr  vs  Analytic
SalvatoreSesso  vs  avarice

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 24th at 11:59 GMT +2.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)