OU DPP OU Teambuilding Compendium v2.0

Hello, I would like to suggest Staraptor as a viable physical attacker in OU, as well as a Choice Band, Choice Scarf, and Life Orb user. I believe Staraptor can make good use of all these sets and its good Attack and Speed stats make it a serious threat overall.

Hello, I would like to suggest Staraptor as a viable physical attacker in OU, as well as a Choice Band, Choice Scarf, and Life Orb user. I believe Staraptor can make good use of all these sets and its good Attack and Speed stats make it a serious threat overall.
Staraptor (while totally heat) isn't really a viable option in OU these days. Rocks + sand + recoil really hurt its longevity. Choiced sets fall prey to ttar and rotom, while life orb doesn't have the speed or the HP to be netting tons of KO's. Don't get me wrong though, it's a super fun mon to mess around with on ladder, but definitely not something i'm bringing to an important game.
:blobshrug:

I know these are considered "unviable mons" possibly, but I want to nominate Omastar for Stealth Rock and Spikes, and Claydol for spinning and physical tanking. Omastar's bulk allows it to set up Rocks and Spikes on many physical attackers without Grass attacks. Claydol is also a totally decent albiet niche spinner with helpful typing and stats to over certain mons better than say Donphan. Levitate also helps them avoid Spikes damage themselves, making their spinner role done more reliably.

I think expert belt would be a good addition to the "Other" section for items. Quite a few mons use it, like Infernape, latias, jirachi, mixed flygon (although I personally hate using it over life orb on it), and I've even some people use it on mixed tyranitar. If I were to add expert belt to the other items list my list would go something like this

Expert belt:
:jirachi::infernape::latias: / :tyranitar::flygon:
I think Ebelt mixed tar has potential but i wanna see more results from it before I move it in front of the slash.
I also think shaymin should be moved behind the slash for all of its roles given how badly it's fallen off. It's not unviable but it's really hard to make work in the current meta.
Scizor I also think should be moved in front of the slash for life orb users. It's life orb SD set rocks and, imo, is it's best set rn. It plows through so much and makes for a great late game cleaner, all while proving a good counter to tyranitar and solid check to latias. It also is a great revenge killer to dd tyranitar, and it can revenge kill dd dragonite in a pinch
Although it is niche and tbh is overall a bad mon, I think umbreon is worth considering adding to wish users, pursuit users and clerics. it does very well vs gengar, it can provide heal bell support to itself and its teammates, and is good at slowing chipping starmie and lati with pursuit. It compresses a lot of roles and in general is really bulky. I would definitely have it be behind the slash though, since its incredibly niche and still is really mediocre and passive. I've only seen it on a couple of very specific teams. It does have a legitimate niche though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)