OU DPP OU Sample Teams

(banner by Bandkrook)
Hello! This thread is here to archive teams from the DPP metagame and showcase popular playstyles and archetypes. Its aim is to help beginners and intermediate level players become acclimated to the tier, or simply to help anyone in need of a solid team to play.

Please note: Team submissions are closed, unlike in current generation tiers. Writeups for each sample team may come soon.

OTR Bronzong + Choice Band Tyranitar Offense by crayon pop

Metagross + Swords Dance Scizor Offense by Vay

Zapdos + Blissey Balance by august

Zapdos Hyperoffense by Sakito

Roserade + SubCM Cune Balance by crayon pop

Skarmory + Lucario Offense by DeepBlueC and Excal

"My Blue Heaven" Magnezone Balance by august

Hippowdon + Clefable Stall by BKC

Dragonite Lead Boom Offense by crayon pop

:tyranitar::skarmory::quagsire::jirachi::latias::clefable:
Quagsire + Scarf Tyranitar Stall by Excal edited by BIHI

:rotom-frost::skarmory::swampert::jirachi::latias::lucario:
Scarf Lucario Skarmory Spikes Stack by BIHI

:bronzong::skarmory::clefable::latias::flygon::rotom-frost:
Mixed Flygon + Spikes Stack Semi-Stall by BIHI

:zapdos::forretress::latias::jirachi::swampert::blissey:
Forretress + Zapdos Balance by Tamahome edited by Kristyl

:swampert::latias::jirachi::metagross::tyranitar::gengar:
Mixed Jirachi + Gengar Offense by BKC

Breloom + CroCune Spikes Stack by SFG

:swampert::metagross::roserade::gengar::lucario::gliscor:
Swords Dance Gliscor + Scarf Lucario Spikes Stack by BIHI

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristyl

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hello! We've decided to do a small update to the sample teams to be more up to date with recent metagame changes. Our goal isn't to replace all the current samples as we feel like they're still good teams and representations of their playstyle. Rather we want to add new teams with Pokemon/Team styles which we feel were previously underrepresented, you can see those new additions here:

:tyranitar: :skarmory: :quagsire: :jirachi: :latias: :clefable:

Quagsire + Scarf Tyranitar Stall by Excal edited by BIHI

:swampert: :metagross: :roserade: :gengar: :lucario: :gliscor:

Swords Dance Gliscor + Scarf Lucario Spikes Stack by BIHI

:rotom-frost: :skarmory: :swampert: :jirachi: :latias: :lucario:

Scarf Lucario Skarmory Spikes Stack by BIHI

:bronzong: :skarmory: :clefable: :latias: :flygon: :rotom-frost:

Mixed Flygon + Spikes Stack Semi-Stall by BIHI

:zapdos: :forretress: :latias: :jirachi: :swampert: :blissey:

Forretress + Zapdos Balance by Tamahome edited by Kristyl

:swampert: :latias: :jirachi: :metagross: :tyranitar: :gengar:

Mixed Jirachi + Gengar Offense by BKC

We'll definitely be looking at updating this more in the near future but we think this is a good start. Thanks to everyone who provided teams even if they didn't end up getting included, much appreciated! Hope everyone has fun trying these out!

Are there any good teams with CB Flygon or Life Orb Double Edge Clefable (It sounds ridiculous but its an analysis set lmao) I can use? I really want to use these sets but none of the above teams have them.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Are there any good teams with CB Flygon or Life Orb Double Edge Clefable (It sounds ridiculous but its an analysis set lmao) I can use? I really want to use these sets but none of the above teams have them.
Good question. It's funny, I've never used CB Flygon in all my time playing DPP. I have always associated it with Scarf / LO, it depends on the team. I'm going to try to help in a perhaps unorthodox way. There's an old team called 'The Art of Uturn' by M Dragon. You can take that team as an example for CB Flygon. Being an old team (2009), there are things like Salamence. But it's not a problem, the closest thing is Nite. You can try other variants like Azelf > Uxie or Scarf > LO Lucario. I think it's closest to what you're looking for, although it can also work with other play styles.

The Art of Uturn

Sorry I can't help with Clefable. Anyway, I don't think I'll top any of their sets. It may surprise you at first, because it is something that is not expected. As an option it is fine, but I don't think it is recommended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)