Gen 4 DPP Latias Suspect - Public Poll

Do you support a Latias Suspect Test in DPP OU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Hi,
As most of you know, we recently freed Latias on the regular DPP latias and we opened this thread for discussion.
After 9 days of Latias in the DPP ladder and of discussion in that thread, we are opening a public poll to know whats the opinion of the community about this suspect test.
We have also asked players that have had DPP tournament success in Smogon Tour, Smogon Classic, SPL and Wcop about their opinion on this suspect test.
The goal of this is knowing what both community in general and dpp playerbase think about the latias suspect test after playing a bit with latias and after reading different opinions in the discussion thread.

This poll will be closed in 7 days.

Note that is is not about if you think Latias is broken or not, it is about if you think Latias should be suspected or not.

This is the list and the criteria we used to select the list of dpp players we have asked in the second poll:
Classic Winner / Finalist:
Jimmy Turtwig
k3nan
Energy
Jimmy Turtwig
Void
Philip7086
pokebasket
Googly
babidi1998
PDC
BKC

Classic Overall (10+ wins):
ZoroDark
babidi1998
Jimmy Turtwig
Philip7086
Void
Tamahome
H-C
PDC
pokebasket
reyscarface

SPL 9 (Positive Record, 2+ wins):
roscoe
Void
ToF
NightFox
Bluewind

SPL 8 (Positive Record, 2+ wins):
Tamahome
roscoe
Philip7086
ToF
Sauga
Colchonero
aim

SPL 7 (Positive Record, 2+ wins):
Tamahome
panamaxis
Sweepage
Ojama
Marshall.Law
Malekith
Kevin Garrett
august
PDC

SPL (10+ wins overall)
Tamahome
Porengan
6A9 Ace Matador
The Grand Babido
Marshall.Law
Atticus
roscoe
Lady Bug
Philip7086
Fakes
Delta 2777
199 Lives

Wcop 2018 (Positive Record, 2+ wins):
august
Philip7086
d0nut
DeepBlueC
Raspberry
reiku

Wcop 2017 (Positive Record, 2+ wins):
Void
Honor
NightFox
aim
Folgorio
IronBullet

Wcop 2016 (Positive Record, 2+ wins):
babidi1998
Philip7086
ToF
Honor
Cased
Jirachee

Smogon Tour Overall Wins (+80)
Marshall.Law
BKC
Ojama
M Dragon
Tamahome
xtra$hine
Bloo
Vinc2612
babidi1998
Sweepage
Malekith
Ciele
boudouche
SoulWind
Leftiez
McMeghan

If I made any mistake with this list, please PM me.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I don't think this poll is valuable. If you would like to share your opinion please do so in the discussion thread.
Polls are a great way to gather a sense of public opinion. Most people who play DPP have a side on this issue, but aren't going to post in the thread because the main arguments for both sides have already been stated and it's not a valuable use of their time. It takes a lot more effort to draft out an original, thoughtful, and compelling post than it takes to click a button. If you want to understand what the community thinks beyond the loud and vocal minorities on both sides of the issue, this poll is a good idea. I'm not claiming that this is a perfect solution, but I see no reason to oppose the existence of a way for players to express their views in an efficient way - unless you're afraid of the result?

I urge everyone with an interest in the DPP Latias test to cast a vote in this poll.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Because the list is super, super arbitrary and polls are easy to manipulate. I have no reason to be "afraid" of anything. Effort should be a requirement in this suspect, and discussion is definitely still on-going.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Thank you to everybody who has voted.

These are the results of both polls:
public:
34.3% of people (a bit more than 1/3) opposed while a 58% of people supported the test. If we exclude undecided votes, then the numbers change to 63% in support of the suspect test and 37% opposed

Succesful DPPers who met our criteria:
DPPers that voted and support the latias suspect test: Ojama, M Dragon, august, BKC, Marshall.Law, raspberry, Soulwind, soulgazer, McMeghan, Fakes, aim, Cased, k3nan, Honor, d0nut, ToF, Philip7086, Void, Tamahome, Lady Bug, Malekith (21 players)
DPPers that voted and dont support the latias suspect test: DeepBlueC, ZoroDark, reyscarface, Energy, crayon pop, Ciele, Delta 2777, PDC, Folgorio (9 players)
70% of the DPPers who voted support the latias suspect test

We will make a post in PR soon about how we will be dealing with the suspect test after listening to community's concerns and after some talks with SS about it.

You can still use the other thread for discussion about anything Latias related.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)