Tournament DPL X - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Art by GenOne

Welcome to the tenth edition of Doubles Premier League!
Our annual auction-style draft returns once more! This year we will feature 8 teams to fight it out over a 7 week round robin regular season. The top 4 teams at the end of that phase will move on to the playoffs, where after 2 weeks we will crown a new DPL Champion once again!

The rules are as follows: We are looking for 8 teams that will receive 100k credits each to draft a squad of 8 starting players and at least 2 substitutes. This edition will feature 3x SV and 1x SS, SM, XY, BW, DUU.

There is an option to add co-managers.
Managers will be allowed to sign up with a co-manager, or alternatively choose a co-manager from their team after the draft. If a manager signs up with a co-manager, only one of them can be bought (and thus play). The other manager who is not bought cannot play at any phase, but will remain eligible for winner's prizes. Co-managers appointed after the draft will be allowed to play.

The formula for self-buying managers:
Manager prices deduced by the following formula:
((max(10,000, last auction price) + 10,000 + (1,500 * all wins last DPL))/2) rounded up to the nearest .5k

Managers can sign up with the form below:

Code:
Name:
Time zone:
Significant time missed:
Co-manager name if applicable:
Team brand (name & logo):
Why should you be a DPL manager?:
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?:
Signups will close a week from now, on the 7th of January.

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
Name: qsns
Time zone: -7
Significant time missed: none
Co-manager name if applicable: eragon11145
Team brand (name & logo): Santalune Storms
thank you hotfuzzball and genone
santalune-storms-FINAL-hi-res.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: managed twice 2023, two playoffs, teams fun and good :D

If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: litwick because it's CUTE and THE BEST

umbry

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Name: umbry
Time zone: GMT+1
Significant time missed:
Co-manager name if applicable: Lunar.
Team brand (name & logo): Slateport City Sp_ndas
Why should you be a DPL manager?: Would like to give the spindas another go with Lunar by my side, I've been on the team for two years in a row and both times the team has made playoffs, I was also a manager last year. We are both very experienced in managing positions and are very in touch with the playerbase.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: alolan vulpix because it's CUTE and THE BEST

tyo

最強
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: tyo

Co-manager name if applicable: if anyone with a lot of old gen knowledge is interested and is very involved with the community id love to with them otherwise alone

Team brand (name & logo): Asukana Samurais (for some reason it wont let me link an image here so just pfp of this twitter account (https://twitter.com/AsukanaSamurais) and i can link image on discord if needed

Why should you be a DPL manager?: I have plenty of managerial experience, mainly in VGC. Out of 5 Smogon VGC team tours, I've won 4 of them as manager and the one I didn't win I finished 2nd place. I also won NPA last year and got top 8 twice in VGC World Cup. The only DOU tour I've managed is World Cup and India finished 2nd there.

If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: darkrai cause its sick af

eragon

:gaming:
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: qsns
Time zone: -7
Co-manager name if applicable: eragon11145
Team brand (name & logo): Santalune Storms
thank you hotfuzzball and genone
View attachment 586591

Why should you be a DPL manager?: managed twice 2023, two playoffs, teams fun and good :D

If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: litwick because it's CUTE and THE BEST
In

Name: Grandmas Cookin
Time zone: gmt-5
Co-manager name if applicable: Toxinalpaca
Team brand (name & logo): Lavaridge Droughts (logo eventually)
Why should you be a DPL manager?: long time player in the community and ive had some experience managing in other team tours. additionally our tournament winning derby team was largely run by Toxinalpaca during genone's absence due to their job calling them away to fight fires for the majority of the tournaments duration.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: i think being a swinub and spending my entire life warm and cozy at a hot spring would be amazing

Name: Grandmas Cookin
Time zone: gmt-5
Co-manager name if applicable: Toxinalpaca
Team brand (name & logo): Lavaridge Droughts (logo eventually)
Why should you be a DPL manager?: long time player in the community and ive had some experience managing in other team tours. additionally our tournament winning derby team was largely run by Toxinalpaca during genone's absence due to their job calling them away to fight fires for the majority of the tournaments duration.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: i think being a swinub and spending my entire life warm and cozy at a hot spring would be amazing
Confirming, I’ve also managed in other discord based team tours, and I’ve also gained a good amount of people in the dou community that can vouch for me. If I could be any pokemon I wanted, I’d be a sneasler because I love that mon and being able to climb walls and be tall would be epic

Name: big pichu
Time zone: GMT-5
Significant time missed: N/A
Co-manager name if applicable: N/A
Team brand (name & logo): Rustboro Baptist Church
1704150573649.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: I've been active for a year and been putting in time working on Natdex DOU. I've also been a manager for teams in previous team tournaments. I have a can-do attitude and I am punctual. References available upon request.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: big pichu

Name: AIRedzone
Time zone: -8
Significant time missed: None
Co-manager name if applicable: NinjaSnapple
Team brand (name & logo): Humilau City Hydreigons (logo coming soon)
I've captained Team India, with a significant number of our players being new to DOU, to the finals of DWCOP. NinjaSnapple is a longstanding member of the doubles community, and between the two of us we've gained a good chunk of teamtour experience, building and supporting every slot we can. Above all, we make sure that the vibes are good :)
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Gholdengo so it can teach me how to snowboard and gimmie the ghould

Name: Tenzai
Time zone: +1
Significant time missed: Work
Co-manager name if applicable: seroo
Team brand (name & logo): Browbeat Lands
BBLperfil.png
I'm looking forward to taking on the role of captain this year. With two years under my belt, I think I have a good handle on things. I have the time, the drive and I am ready to learn from past mistakes. Also, this year with Seroo as Cap I have a lot of confidence since he did incredibly well with Team Spain and he has also been a cap in several smogon tours, so he has a lot of experience and above all, he really wants to enter the DOU community.

I think we can really form a solid team, with good players and a good relationship:swole:

:whimsicott:WHMSY!:whimsicott: the best TW setter:trode:

seroo

ong
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: Tenzai
Significant time missed: Work
Co-manager name if applicable: seroo
Team brand (name & logo): Browbeat Lands
I'm looking forward to taking on the role of captain this year. With two years under my belt, I think I have a good handle on things. I have the time, the drive and I am ready to learn from past mistakes. Also, this year with Seroo as Cap I have a lot of confidence since he did incredibly well with Team Spain and he has also been a cap in several smogon tours, so he has a lot of experience and above all, he really wants to enter the DOU community.

I think we can really form a solid team, with good players and a good relationship:swole:

:whimsicott:WHMSY!:whimsicott: the best TW setter:trode:
confirming

NinjaSnapple

Hero in a half shell
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: AIRedzone
Time zone: -8
Co-manager name if applicable: NinjaSnapple
Team brand (name & logo): Humilau City Hydreigons (logo coming soon)
I've captained Team India, with a significant number of our players being new to DOU, to the finals of DWCOP. NinjaSnapple is a longstanding member of the doubles community, and between the two of us we've gained a good chunk of teamtour experience, building and supporting every slot we can. Above all, we make sure that the vibes are good :)
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Gholdengo so it can teach me how to snowboard and gimmie the ghould
:blobthumbsup:

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: Hugo
Significant time missed: nothing really
Co-manager name if applicable: Despacito87
Team brand (name & logo): Doom Desire Jirachi's
Logo1_1.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: Both Despacito and I have some experience managing where we managed together for 2v2PL and for UMPL and I managed together with Eragon for the Doubles Derby. So far we have had a really good track record in terms of managing not only in terms of results (both 2nd for UMPL and Derby) but especially in terms of how our players preformed and enjoyed the tour and our dynamic together as a team. Both of us have also played on quite a few team tours, meaning we know the tournament courtesies and how it all works but also how bad and good managing can look which are for us also learning experiences on how we want to manage. Both of us know how to create a competitive but also enjoyable team atmosphere. I would describe both of us as solid team players and overall I believe we are very qualified and can run a successful team even though it will be out first DPl in terms of managing if we get picked. I think this would be a great chance to get some fresh meat into the managing sphere for Doubles. And as a bonus the difference in our timezones means that one of us will almost always be available if needed, since Despacito is from the US and im from EU. If you have any other questions left, please feel free to ask us and/or if you want to know more about our previous managing you can ofcourse also ask our ex-players (UMPL is the most recent and where we had a really good team atmosphere)

If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Zekrom or Miraidon, have you any idea the power you could have if you have access to those types of energy sources

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Name: Toxigen
Significant time missed: no
Co-manager name if applicable: Fran
Team brand (name & logo): Spikemuth Spectral Thieves
Why should you be a DPL manager?: we won last year + we have managed our respective world cup teams before.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: i wanna be latios and soar the skies like in ORAS (best remake oat idgaf)

sst-colour (2).png

Name: Hugo
Significant time missed: nothing really
Co-manager name if applicable: Despacito87
Team brand (name & logo): Doom Desire Jirachi's
View attachment 587578

Why should you be a DPL manager?: Both Despacito and I have some experience managing where we managed together for 2v2PL and for UMPL and I managed together with Eragon for the Doubles Derby. So far we have had a really good track record in terms of managing not only in terms of results (both 2nd for UMPL and Derby) but especially in terms of how our players preformed and enjoyed the tour and our dynamic together as a team. Both of us have also played on quite a few team tours, meaning we know the tournament courtesies and how it all works but also how bad and good managing can look which are for us also learning experiences on how we want to manage. Both of us know how to create a competitive but also enjoyable team atmosphere. I would describe both of us as solid team players and overall I believe we are very qualified and can run a successful team even though it will be out first DPl in terms of managing if we get picked. I think this would be a great chance to get some fresh meat into the managing sphere for Doubles. And as a bonus the difference in our timezones means that one of us will almost always be available if needed, since Despacito is from the US and im from EU. If you have any other questions left, please feel free to ask us and/or if you want to know more about our previous managing you can ofcourse also ask our ex-players (UMPL is the most recent and where we had a really good team atmosphere)

If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Zekrom or Miraidon, have you any idea the power you could have if you have access to those types of energy sources
Confirming, i know that being a bit of a dou lurker might hurt our chances but we are here to bring our best once again

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: look to the left of this post, under the blue alligator
Time zone: EST
Co-manager name if applicable: sundays will be managing SV part of the team
Team brand (name & logo): Hungry Hungry Hippodons
Why should you be a DPL manager?: see old posts. But I will only be managing the old gens part of our team
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-premier-league-7-manager-signups.3676963/#post-8729464
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dpl-6-manager-signups.3661307/#post-8394728
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-premier-league-3-captain-signups.3599032/#post-7282723
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-signups.3567959/#post-6723617nups.3567959/
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Mew because ducks can fly, swim and walk. Mew can turn into a duck

1704321867819.png

sundays

tired dreaming
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: look to the left of this post, under the blue alligator
Time zone: EST
Co-manager name if applicable: sundays will be managing SV part of the team
Team brand (name & logo): Hungry Hungry Hippodons
Why should you be a DPL manager?: see old posts. But I will only be managing the old gens part of our team
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-premier-league-7-manager-signups.3676963/#post-8729464
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dpl-6-manager-signups.3661307/#post-8394728
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-premier-league-3-captain-signups.3599032/#post-7282723
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-signups.3567959/#post-6723617nups.3567959/
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Mew because ducks can fly, swim and walk. Mew can turn into a duck

View attachment 587693
Confirming for hungry hippowdons hungry

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
Name: Akaru Kokuyo
Time zone: -6
Co-manager name if applicable: SMB
Team brand (name & logo): Milwaukee Ducks

1704396992577.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?
I've been LA DWCOP team captain for 3 years making poffs twice and winning one edition. SMB has been manager for DWCOP and DPL too, winning both editions where he managed. We're both veteran players with plenty of experience in all tiers and I think we have a pretty good read on the players in the community to build a great team.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?
Smeargle so I can get it to copy all broken moves like Make it Rain and rule the world >:)

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Name: Akaru Kokuyo
Time zone: -6
Co-manager name if applicable: SMB
Team brand (name & logo): Milwaukee Ducks

View attachment 587963

Why should you be a DPL manager?
I've been LA DWCOP team captain for 3 years making poffs twice and winning one edition. SMB has been manager for DWCOP and DPL too, winning both editions where he managed. We're both veteran players with plenty of experience in all tiers and I think we have a pretty good read on the players in the community to build a great team.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?
Smeargle so I can get it to copy all broken moves like Make it Rain and rule the world >:)

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: fangame10
Time zone: GMT-6
Significant time missed: All days (minus Tuesday and Thursday) between 1pm and 10pm is work time
Co-manager name if applicable: Yoda2798
Team brand (name & logo): Cold Crew
Why should you be a DPL manager?: we managed last year and got to play offs!
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Ampharos, but having an AI powered Iron Bundle IRL could be cool too!

1704417755224.png

name: zee
time zone: GMT-5
significant time missed: VGC regionals the weekends of jan 19-21 and feb 3-5. will still be around but not consistently, likely on mobile disc/smogon/PS access
co-manager: tyo
team brand: Paldea Cratermakers
why you should be a dpl manager:
-When it comes to knowledge across all formats in the tour, I am absolutely one of the best in the community. I am active and eager to get newer players into mastering as many formats as possible.
-I have extensive managing experience in the VGC community, including 2 (soon to be 3) manager stints in NPA, the largest VGC team tour.
-I managed in world cup and DPL previously, and while those didn't go quite our way, I have won both tours as a player and am hungry for a chance to prove I have what it takes to manage a successful ship.
-I have show significant competency in all doubles formats within the past year, finishing tied for the most wins in XY in last year's DPL, top 4 OSDT, top 8 Classic, and top 8 at the latest VGC regional

from tyo's signup:

Why should you be a DPL manager?: I have plenty of managerial experience, mainly in VGC. Out of 5 Smogon VGC team tours, I've won 4 of them as manager and the one I didn't win I finished 2nd place. I also won NPA last year and got top 8 twice in VGC World Cup. The only DOU tour I've managed is World Cup and India finished 2nd there.
If you could have any Pokémon in real life, which would it be and why?: Gallade. Gallade is my favorite Pokemon ever and I think we would get along quite well and go on lots of awesome and action packed adventures.

Thank you for considering.

1704420410989.png

Last edited:
Name: ratpacker
Significant time missed: my mama says I need to go to bed early
Co-manager name: xqiht
Team brand (name & logo): Galar Ghosters
Kyle is coole with it.
unknown.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: We both played and helped in several team tours, managed for our respective countries in DWCOP and although we didn't make it that far, I believe we helped foster a healthy and competitive environment. We both have the ability to support the majority of slots among DPL tiers. We've furthermore been witness to many different management style and believe we have what it takes to build a team and bring it to the top!

If I could have any Pokémon in real life, it would be Celebi. I'd make it work in the garden and I'm very interested in time eggs. Very cool Celebi.

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: ratpacker
Significant time missed: my mama says I need to go to bed early
Co-manager name: xqiht
Team brand (name & logo): Galar Ghosters
Kyle is coole with it.
unknown.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: We both played and helped in several team tours, managed for our respective countries in DWCOP and although we didn't make it that far, I believe we helped foster a healthy and competitive environment. We both have the ability to support the majority of slots among DPL tiers. We've furthermore been witness to many different management style and believe we have what it takes to build a team and bring it to the top!

If I could have any Pokémon in real life, it would be Celebi. I'd make it work in the garden and I'm very interested in time eggs. Very cool Celebi.
Confirming
sylveon is so cute :sylveon:

zoe

Beyond the Sky
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
From this point forward, manager signups are closed and I really wanna thank everyone who signed up for making the signups really dang good this year. Of course, we still only have 8 slots for the tournament with 13 signups, so cuts had to be made and those were really not fun. They never usually are but there were so many signups this year I wanted to give a shot but got slightly edged out. To those who didn't make this year, we hope you understand how tight this really was and aren't discouraged from managing in the future because of this.

Without further ado, here's the managers for DPL X (in alphabetical order)

AIRedzone and NinjaSnapple, Humilau City Hydreigons

No logo (yet!)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Akaru Kokuyo and SMB, Milwaukee Ducks

1704663100924.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fangame10 and Yoda2798, Snowpoint City Cold Crew

1704663266667.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grandmas Cookin and Toxinalpaca, Lavaridge Droughts

No logo (yet!)

qsns and eragon11145, Santalune Storms

1704663422754.png

Toxigen and Fran, Spikemuth Spectral Thieves

1704663547644.png

umbry and Lunar., Slateport City Sp_ndas

1704663641053.png

zee and tyo, Paldea Cratermakers

1704663838937.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that's all of them! Player signups will be up as soon as possible, along with the Administrative thread. With that being said and out of the way, here's to a decade of DPL, lets make this one the best one yet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)