Tournament Doubles World Cup II - Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
After a lengthy discussion with the eligible players for US West, it is formally decided that we will be sticking with 6 teams with 8 starters and four substitutes for Doubles World Cup.

In other news, the captains of the teams will be as follows:

US West: Spurrific
US East: Actuarily
Canada: Z Strats
LATAM: Akaru Kokuyo
Europe: Frania
APAC: Zeal

Captains, make sure you have joined the Doubles discord, where you will be added to a channel where we can discuss the next steps.

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RE: Player Eligibility

Both luisin and papiloco have been found to reside in Mexico, and their player eligibility has been changed from US West to LATAM.

chlo is a Canadian-born citizen who now lives in APAC, and as such is allowed to remain eligible for team Canada.

Tagging the relevant captains: Zeal Z Strats Spurrific Akaru Kokuyo

Please, if you have signed up for a region that is not an area where you A: currently live or B: have lived for a long period of time (multiple years) please edit your sign up accordingly (and let me know, if you can)

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
RE: papiloco

New evidence has come to light that papiloco actually lived in the US as a child, which would qualify him for US West, the same as how Chloe qualifies for Canada. Papiloco will be allowed to play for US West this edition of Doubles World Cup.

I would like to apologize for a lack of clearly set out eligibility rules. I understand how the vagueness of the signups OP can lead to some confusion. Next year, we will adopt the official eligibility rules of singles world cup, shown here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wcop-administrative-decisions.3664993/

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
RE: fespy vs. omicorio

omicorio missed the scheduled time today for their game against fespy. Fespy has an extremely tight schedule, and due to confusion with the team tour activity rules (I myself thought the window was 15 minutes, but it is actually 30!), called activity early. As such, an activity win cannot be granted at this time, and the substitute made by team Canada for EviGaro is accepted. Furthermore, an extension will be granted so that the game can be completed on Monday the 15th, as that is what works best for fespy. EviGaro will now replace omicorio against Zeal as well. Please, both fespy and evigaro, try to complete the game on Monday.

Captains: Z Strats Spurrific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)