Metagame Doubles Ubers

Hey everyone! Sorry - I don’t want to spam this forum. My team’s paste has been highly requested and since I’m taking a little break I thought I’d drop it here.

IMG_7110.jpeg

Groudon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Brick Break
- Stomping Tantrum
- Fire Punch

Koraidon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Collision Course
- Breaking Swipe
- Snarl
- Flare Blitz

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Parting Shot
- Misty Terrain

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wide Guard
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Snarl

Eternatus @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 172 HP / 220 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Recover

Arceus-Fire @ Flame Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 64 SpA / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Judgment
- Recover
- Cosmic Power

This first team I’ve tested less but it’s the one that I used to hit 1964. It uses Eternatus instead of Miraidon. The lack of terrain control is made up for by replacing Grimmsnarl’s Thunder Wave with Misty Terrain, which I think may have a lot of potential on Grimmsnarl sets. I initially chose it as a necessity against the occasional Darkrai, but the ability to remove the terrain ‘and’ replace it with a terrain that reduced Dragon-type damage often feels like putting up a second screen against big threats like Pokémon like Miraidon, Koraidon and Expanding Force Calyrex-Shadow. It also allows you to keep Grimmsnarl in when there’s psychic terrain and threaten parting shot on the following turn.

What I’ve found is that Eternatus is much better than Miraidon at exploiting winning scenarios. Once Eternatus digs its claws in and gets a few Cosmic Powers off, it can then easily convert those defensive buffs into a win with Toxic. Whereas Arceus-Fire is designed to get one or two cosmic powers off to give it room to spam, Eternatus is looking to +6. I am however concerned that it’s a gimmick for lower ladder, as when good rain users manage to pry back Weather control or get Calyrex-Shadow rolling, Eternatus isn’t quite as proactive at clearing threats as Miraidon. I also think that a lot of the climb happened in a short span of time after I’d made the change, so perhaps surprise factor played a part. There was also a loss of spread-damage trick-room prevention, though perhaps an overall improvement in most TR matchups. I didn’t opt for a dragon or poison attack on Eternatus primarily because of Magearna, and because I figured the only Pokémon Eternatus would really need to attack would be those immune to Toxic. The EVs maximise leftovers.

I’ve also included the version of the team that had Miraidon in it.

Groudon @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Brick Break
- Fire Punch
- Stomping Tantrum

Koraidon @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Collision Course
- Breaking Swipe
- Snarl
- Flare Blitz

Arceus-Fire @ Flame Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 64 SpA / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Judgment
- Recover
- Cosmic Power

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Parting Shot
- Thunder Wave

Miraidon @ Electric Seed
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 100 SpA / 12 SpD
Modest Nature
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Snarl
- Protect

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wide Guard
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Snarl

I didn’t expressly calc anything but more went off feel with trial and error.

:Groudon:

Groudon moved to Assault Vest when I removed Calyrex. In Trick Room there was a lesser premium on scarf. Since Zamazenta is a bulkier Pokémon than Calyrex, being able to make 2 defensive enhancements on a screens team made the team stronger overall. Additionally, switching to Assault Vest was way less RNG-dependent, since missing Precipice Blades with Assault Vest grants you the insurance of using Stomping Tantrum the following turn. As tempting as it would be to give Groudon more Special Defense investment to be magnified by Assault Vest, 252+ Atk feels necessary to break Trick Room attempts and punish switches.

:Koraidon:

Koraidon’s not particularly interesting but notice it’s basically a pure tank variant.

:Arceus-Fire:

Arceus-Fire’s not quite as much of a playmaker as it used to be, though they’re definitely an essential component. It’s becoming harder to take over a game with Arceus-Fire with improvements to Kyogre team design, but there isn’t a substitute for it and it’s a really vital element in clearing opposing Zamazenta.

:Grimmsnarl:

Grimmsnarl’s self-explanatory.

:Zamazenta-Crowned:

Zamazenta’s been rudimentarily given a bit of SpD to soften hits from specs Miraidon. Tera Fighting’s there to out-duel other Zamazenta, juke attacking types that hit steel and extend body press’ KO range.

:Miraidon:

Miraidon’s a bulky set like Korai. Bizarrely enough, the only one of my Pokémon that knew protect. Protect’s not as important in defensive formats.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing what the community looks like later down the line. Catch you guys later!

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.47.31 AM.png

Got 6 accounts to the 1600's with this sun team. Originally kept making new alts to test on low ladder, but it just immediately shot up in the rankings and has been doing really well. Figured I'd share what I can of it below:

Gouging Fire @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Morning Sun
- Burning Bulwark
- Flare Blitz

Groudon @ Assault Vest
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Punch
- Shadow Claw

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Stomping Tantrum

Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psychic
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Overheat

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Collision Course
- Tera Blast
- Flare Blitz
- Breaking Swipe

The only thing is that Dr. Hemmington continuously whips my butt on a daily basis with his team above. I added tera blast rock to Koraidon to try to stop their incredible Arceus Fire but the issue is that this team wants to tera elsewhere. Mainly Calyrex to Normal or Chi-Yu to Ghost. Pretty much everyone else not named Dr. Hemmington has issues with this team.

Last edited:
What are everyone's thoughts on Toxic Spikes in this format? I feel like there has been a huge lack of pivoting lately. Only really Volt Switch with Miraidon. Incin and Rilla have been few and far between, and I feel like it is a great asset to counter set-up sweepers. Especially when the only poison type that's around really is Eternatus. And it's not common at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)