Doubles: The SemiRoom System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I'm mostly going to talk about the Semi-Trick Room build (SemiRoom), what it is, why it's notable, and what mons fit in it. It's gonna go like:

Intro: I explain what SemiTR is, what a fast mode and a slow mode is, and why it's so good, team structure, etc.

Examples of Usable Pokemon for SemiRoom: I'm gonna provide 2 examples for each of : TR Setter, Fast Mode Pokemon, and Slow Mode Pokemon.

I've already got in mind
  • Cresselia and Jellicent (TR Setter)
  • Landorust-T and Mega Kangaskhan (Fast Mode)
  • Mega Mawile and Amoonguss (Slow mode)
then ill just conclude it

what do you think? o-o

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i like the idea of a semiroom article, though i haven't been able to puzzle out a very consistent build for it in ORAS x( but i think youre going about it the wrong way, at least if the length of the outline is proportional to the length of the article. the bulk of it should be talking about the theory behind semi room, how to play your fast mode (which should really only be one poke), when to TR, etc.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
ye i plan to do that, kinda. I got talking points like:

• -Semi-Trick Room, shortened to SemiRoom, is one of the more effective team archetypes in the format
  • -this is not full trick room
  • -involves the use of Trick Room, although only half the team truly benefits completely, the other half middling-speed or fast.
  • -essentially, a semiroom team has a "slow mode" and a "fast mode"
    • -fast mode = middling-speed to fast pokemon, relatively frailer but doesn't require to be in TR to reach full potential, can put more immediate pressure and act as a safety net for the slow mod
    • -slow mode = slow pokemon, bulkier, works best in TR but can still work outside of it by virtue good positioning
  • -speed control is good, SemiRoom can weave through opposing teams with a well timed Trick Room
    • -in theoyr, SemiRoom teams can often put themselves in favorable situations where they still have the Speed advantage
  • -unlike other archetpyes, a semiroom team is more adaptive and flexible when it comes dealing with opposing teams and their own form of Speed control
    • - can tr against on fast opposing teams, while still having some pokemon outspeed naturally
      • -counters other non-tr forms of Speed Control such as TWave and Tailwind
    • - against opposing tr-based teams, can reset TR while mostly being faster

Stratos

Banned deucer.
im not entirely sure you understand semi room

in most battles with semi room, you are going to be clicking TR once, twice max, in order to turn the tables and give yourself speed advantage at crucial turns where you can go to town on the opposing team. see here. Most of the time, you are simply playing outside of trick room with a slow, bulky team, that works well outside of TR. "Fast mode" refers to the Pokemon of yours that doesn't work under trick room but is used to make sure you can still get the speed jump on fast offensive threats like Skymin that would otherwise just dismantle a bulky team. "Slow mode" refers to the pokemon of yours that is used to tear through the opposing team when you do set tr. In that replay, Landog is the "fast mode," Amoonguss/maybe Cress is the "slow mode," everything else doesn't have a mode.

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
ye i understand semiroom lol. I know the concept of setting TR at crucial turns, hence the point "theoritically having the speed advantage." Most of the slow mode members can all function outside of TR (amoong, mawile, cress) while the fast mode functions as a safety net for fast threats that you said that would dismnatle bulky teams, ie skymin, keldeo, etc.. Setting up TR later on for control with slow mode--isnt' that the point?

There are pieces that don't fit said criteria like Rotom-W and Hydreigon in the replay, but i'd kinda lump them in fast mode since they still get the jump on a number pieces,,,

If Stratos is fine with it, you can go ahead and start the thread, Memoric. I don't know much about Doubles myself, but the idea of half-TR teams seems really interesting, so this seems like it will be a useful article. Approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)