Battle Spot Doubles team ft Mega Gardevoir and Support Gengar

Hey guys!! I just wanted to post my first ever competitive team here! I recently made it and it has a couple of flaws, but I have a ratio of about 10 wins to 3/4 losses, most of which due to lack of experience against perish song teams and pranksters I didn't know much about.

Anyways, here it is:

Gardevoir @Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixellate
Nature: Modest
31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs 40 Hp 20 Def 252 SpA rest on Spe
(I can't remember the exact spread but I had 252 SpA and at least 180 Spe)
Moves:
Protect
Psyshock
Hyper Voice
Focus Blast

Great special sweeper, faster than most things after an Icy wind from Gengar, Pixellated Hyper Voice is amazing, but I often have to lead along with Amoonguss because she gets focused a lot (probs because she's pretty scary).

Gengar Focus sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Shinyyyyyyy
IVs 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs 4 Hp 252 SpA 252 Spe
Moves:
Taunt
Icy Wind
Will O Wisp
Shadow Ball

This guy is such an incredible offensive support. He provides speed control with Icy Wind and Will O Wisp, Taunts pranksters and other annoying things, makes mega Khan useless, and has an incredibly strong Shadow Ball to boot. He won me so many games.

PORCINI MAMA
Amoonguss Rocky Helmet
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Relaxed
IVs 31/31/31/31/31/x
EVs 252 HP 172 Def 84 SpD
Moves:
Protect
Rage Powder
Giga Drain
Spore

I ADORE THIS THING. Probably the best utility pokemon. It's very bulky, it redirects and damages with its helmet (and possibly gives a status effect with effect spore), sleeps peeps with spore, and takes all the attention off Gardevoir. Seriously, it's amazing. It even acts first in a trick room, so to immediately spore anything.

Terrakion @ (idk why he's currently holding a hard rock, I'll change it to a Life orb when i'm done here)
Ability: Justified
IVs 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs 4 Hp 252 Atk 252 Spe
Moves:
Protect (thinking of changing it to Earthquake)
Quick Guard
Close Combat
Rock Slide

Amazing physical attacker. Kills off Heatran, Ferrothorn, Klefki, and other Steel threats to Gardevoir in one hit. Rock Slide annihilates Talonflame and Charizard. Quick Guard protects against Brave Bird, Acrobatics, and so many scary moves.

Ok so these guys are what I end up picking 90% of the time, obviously in different orders according to my opponent's team. They've been absolutely phenomenal in every match, and have only lost due to my own inexperience in dealing with pranksters and perish singers. That's mostly due to me being new to competitive pokemon and not knowing exactly what each poke does (eg. Didn't know what klefki would be doing so I didn't taunt it).

This takes us to the rest of the team, which is mostly not used because well, I find it much safer to use the 4 guys listed above.

Initially, the team included Primal Groudon, as I did not know that he was banned in rating battles, so I'm yet to find a replacement. For now, I added this guy:

Dragonite Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 4 Hp 252 Atk 252 Spe
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Protect

He's just a replacement for now, used him once and he got OHKOd by a critting Outraging Goodra or something that just happened to attack him and not my protecting pokemon :')

Bisharp @ (he was holding my Life orb, but since I don't choose him, I'll give it to Terrakion)
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Adamant
IVs 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs 252 Atk (can't remember the rest but I think I put them somewhere between Hp, Def, and SpD)
Moves:
Knock Off
Protect
Iron Head
(I was going to give him Sucker Punch but I didn't know it was an egg move)

He was meant to be an all out attacker but mostly a Trick Room check, and he's slow and has a pretty great attack stat, even OHKOing 252HP Snorlax in a trick room. Buuuuut he's a bit too fragile I guess? I dunno, the other guys on my team are better.

Ok so this team hasn't lost to anything twice, as I've learned about movesets and common threats that could've bothered me, and subsequently countered them. It has won against most things immediately and several times.

I need to properly counter perish song teams, so I'm thinking of a scrappy boomburst Exploud. I was completely useless against one such team, so that has proven to be my problem so far.

Apart from that, I'd just like to know what you guys think and how I can replace those last 2 peeps.

Thank you so much in advance! I'm loving my first team!

Why are those first three sprites so big?

You really don't have to mention IVs, it's assumed that they're perfect unless otherwise mentioned.

Gardevoir you wanna change the HP or 36 or 44-investment in a stat with an odd IV should not be divisible by 8 since that's a waste.

DNite defnitely seems random, and isn't a strong pick for BSD in general. Plus only two of your mons are ok with being next to it when it uses EQ. Replacing it with Landorus-T would make your team better. That does devalue Rage Powder cause there'd be no set up sweeper, but there are much better ones than DNite anyways. Like you could use CM over Focus Miss on Garde, for instance.

I don't really like Bisharp, but with a big Aegislash weakness it seems worth it. Since you'll hopefully be removing DNite, you can give Lum to Terrakion and Bisharp gets LO. It kinda needs that or sash. Sucker Punch is also mandatory, even more important then Knock Off or Protect. So you should definitely breed for that or ask around here http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...here-no-hacking.3540352/page-724#post-7019975. Someone should definitely have one.

Lastly I don't think Helmet is that good on this Amoongus. You have less problems with Kang then most, and nothing is using Sitrus. So that or Black Sludge would help it live longer-not that you have to change it to do good, Helmet is still the most common item on it(partially do to most teams having Sitrus taken, though.)

Sorry for the big sprites lol, for some reason I couldn't find smaller ones.

And cool, I'll remember the IV thing for future posts :3

I do have a Landog that I've soft resetted, so I could actually incorporate it. Also, I posted in that thread for a sucker punch pawniard/bisharp, so thank you very much for that resource too!

As for setup sweepers and devaluing rage powder, DNite was always pretty much useless anyways, so I'm not losing much in taking him out, as he was just a temporary filler.

I might try Sludge or Sitrus on ye olde mushroome, just to see how it goes.

Finally, I found the sheet where I wrote down my EVs, and it turns out that Gard has 20HP (gave the right item to the wrong pokemon, and didn't notice until her EVs were full) 54 def, 184 spe and 252 SpA lol, might have to re-breed that one- it was my first ever breeding project haha!

Thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)