Tournament Doubles Premier League 9 - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

art by GenOne
Welcome to the ninth edition of Doubles Premier League!
Our annual auction-style draft returns once more! This year we will feature 8 teams to fight it out over a 7 week round robin regular season. The top 4 teams at the end of that phase will move on to the playoffs, where after 2 weeks we will crown a new DPL Champion once again!

Prospective managers should read about the following rule changes. To reiterate: we are looking for 8 teams that will receive 100k credits each to draft a squad of 8 starting players and at least 2 substitutes. This edition will feature 3x SV and 1x SS, SM, XY, BW, DUU.

This year we add co-managers. Managers will be allowed to sign up with a co-manager, or alternatively choose a co-manager from their team after the draft. If a manager signs up with a co-manager, only one of them can be bought (and thus play). The other manager who is not bought cannot play at any phase, but will remain eligible for winner's prizes. Co-managers appointed after the draft will be allowed to play.

This year we adopt UUPL's formula for self-buying managers.
Manager prices are no longer a flat fee, but instead deduced by the following formula:
((max(10,000, last auction price) + 10,000 + (1,500 * all wins last DPL))/2) rounded up to the nearest .5k

Player signups will begin a week from now, on February 19.
Managers can sign up with the form below:

Code:
Name:
Time zone:
Significant time missed:
Co-manager name if applicable:
Team brand (name & logo):
Why should you be a DPL manager?:
If you could add an emoji or sticker to DOUcord what would it be:
Signups will close a week from now, on the 19th of February.

Name: Fespy
Time zone: GMT -8 (West Coast US)
Significant time missed: Nope
Co-manager name if applicable: qsns
Team brand (name & logo): Santalune Storms
1676228606929.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: I manage everything at this point
If you could add an emoji or sticker to DOUcord what would it be: another torky

Last edited:

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Name: kaori
Time zone: -5
Significant time missed: no
Co-manager name if applicable: Will possibly pick one later, solo for now
church.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: Managed a bunch in the past, just captained US Central to semifinals in DWCOP
1676224479862.png
:dabsire:

Name: Commander Beta
Time zone: GMT+1 Spain
Significant time missed: No
Co-manager name if applicable: n1n1
Team brand (name & logo): (waiting for response from previous owner)
Why should you be a DPL manager?: I want to be in a team tour for once xd.
If you could add an emoji or sticker to DOUcord what would it be: Wobbuffet holding a Uno reverse card.

Last edited:
Name: Tenzai
Time zone: gmt +1
Significant time missed: Nop
Team brand (name & logo): Browbeat Lands
Lands.png

Art by Solatosx
Last year I was Captain and the Lands made a good run and got top 2 in a very close tb. Other than that I am a player who has been playing DOU for a long time and I have participated in many team tours both as Captain and as player. Also, I think I know the community very well to create a team that can win the trophy.

1676225586041.png

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Name: Arcticblast
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Significant time missed: None if there are no tiebreakers; if a tiebreaker is required, I will miss finals the first weekend of May. I will make sure to plan accordingly in the event this happens
Team: undetermined rn, not Storms though
Co-Manager: I'll draft someone
Why should I be a DPL manager?: I've successfully brought the Storms to strong finishes in the past, often drafting miniature armies onto my teams and using the extra voices to help prepare and keep each slot fresh. I'm familiar with multiple old gens, so I can make sure nobody gets left out to dry. also you can't get rid of me
If I could add an emoji or sticker to DOUcord what would it be?:
:WooperGun:

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Name: Frania
Time zone: gmt +1
Co-manager name if applicable: Toxigen
Team brand (name & logo): In Toxigens post.
Why should you be a DPL manager?: I've managed Europe for 2 years in Wcop and recently brought it to finals. I've played in team tours for a long time, so I know what makes a good team. Also I was voted 3rd cutest in DOU...
1676231246153.png

Last edited:

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: fangame10
Time zone: CST (GMT-6)
Significant time missed: Should be none, but I work most days from 1pm - 10pm
Co-manager name if applicable: Yoda2798
Team brand (name & logo): Snowpoint City Cold Crew (no logo drawn yet, name could change)
Why should you be a DPL manager?: I have helped with the managing of US Central during DWCOP where we made play offs despite US Central imploding last time it was in dwcop. I played DOU back in gen 6 and kept up with it since so I have a good knowledge of what players are best in each tier. I can draw. Cool ice theme.
1676232247047.png

delibot

(may change if I think of/draw a good emote but I'll just use this for now)

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Name: Memoric
Time zone: +8
Significant time missed: No
Co-manager name if applicable: -
Team brand (name & logo): Po Town Pogarinas

You're welcome!

5. Have been managing in DPL for a long time now and always draft well-regarded teams, with recent successful finishes. I'm also a frequent participant of DOU Tournaments, from various individual tours to team tournaments within our community and outside of it (OTTs and RoA Tours), which should show my familiarity within the tour scene and with fellow DOU players. Last and most importantly, I am one of the most prominent members of the DOU community as a whole, one of its biggest contributors and an active participant in its various affairs. Everyone in the community knows me, and I know most if not everyone here, making me the perfect fit for a DPL manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Name: Yoda2798
Time zone: GMT+0
Significant time missed: Nope
Co-manager name if applicable: Unsure if I want one, but open to offers
hauoli_haxers_logo_final.png

I'm an experienced manager and knowledgeable across the generations
If you could add an emoji or sticker to DOUcord what would it be: I already have the power to add anything I want mwahahahahahaha

Edit: I will now be comanaging the Cold Crew with Fangame10

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Name: mizuhime
Time zone: est
Significant time missed: none
Co-manager name if applicable: Spurrific
Team brand (name & logo): Mikan Island Monsters
B541530B-0FD8-4C04-A848-92F85377A2E9.png

Why should you be a DPL manager?: have managed in both dpl and spl in the past and have a grasp of every tier available between the two mangers have also been a member of the community since it’s inception. Spurrific is also an npa champion as well as vgc World Cup manager
If you could add an emoji or sticker to DOUcord what would it be: DJ G.rave

Last edited:

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Name: Toxigen
Time zone: +1
Co-manager name if applicable: im open to anyone
sst-colour.png
art by GenOne

Why should you be a DPL manager?: I've been around DOU for a long time, played in a bunch of team tours and know the community pretty well, as well as having recently captained Team Italy in DWCOP with the best record in pools and coming really close to the final.
If you could add an emoji or sticker to DOUcord what would it be: estrogen sticker bunnyy

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Name: Z Strats
Timezone: -8
Significant time missed: March 20 - Apr 6
Co-manager name if applicable: umbry (+1, no time missed)
Team brand (name & logo): Slateport City Sp_ndas

I've managed in every DWCOP and last DPL, making playoffs 3/4 times. Umbry has been in countless team tours across multiple tiers usually shadow managing in them too (including my last dpl draft), as well as managing UUPL. We both have also played in a lot of officials and have been in DOU a while. We know what makes a good team, know the DOU playerbase and are motivated to create the best DPL team.

HENRYPOG

raf

quite alright
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: raf
Time zone: +5
Significant time missed: nop
Co-manager name if applicable: my friend Mishimono :) (GMT -8)
1676394020438.png
(WIP)

Why should you be a DPL manager?: Me and mishi have been around in the doubles community for like 7 years so 14 combined years if you really think about it. I have managed Team APAC twice in DWCOP and made it to the finals once. Meanwhile Mishi has been a consistent part of both individual and team tours for a while so we both know quite a bit about the doubles scene.

1676394379145.png

mish

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The managers for this year's DPL are:
fespy + qsns will manage the Santalune Storms
kaori will manage the Rustboro Baptist Church
Tenzai (edit: + Éric) will manage the Browbeat Lands
Arcticblast will manage the Paldean Cratermakers
Frania + Toxigen will manage the Spikemuth Spectral Thieves
Memoric will manage the Tohjo Tramplers
Yoda2798 + Fangame10 will manage Snowpoint City Cold Crew
Z Strats + umbry will manage the Slateport City Sp_ndas

Self-buy prices:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)