Tournament Doubles Premier League 8 - Semifinals (Tiebreaker on post #14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Last edited by a moderator:

Spurrific

is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Community Leader
Good news! The predictions leaderboard have been updated through the end of the regular season and can be found here. We currently have Toxigen in 1st, with kamikaze closely behind in 2nd, and Amaranth in 3rd. Honorable mention to Crunchman who would probably at least be in contention for 1st if he didn't forget to predict in week 3. :worrywhirl:

The prediction form for semifinals is also available, you can send in your picks here.

I'll also add the week 5 breakdown to this post at some point for completion's sake, and will eventually add the Mass Opinion and The Ape to the leaderboard when I have some time to flip a lot of coins.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Browbeat Lands vs Slateport City Sp_ndas

SS: (45) YoBuddy vs Toxigen (55) - Both players have three wins so far, although YoBuddy missed a week so has one less loss. Yobuddy's one loss happens to be to none other than Toxigen himself though. Both have had good DPLs, but since Toxigen won their last bout, and I slightly prefer his builds, I'm giving a slight edge to him.

SS: (55) Crunchman vs raisedintyo (45) - Crunch is 1-2 but both losses are in BW, while tyo is also 1/1 in SS. tyo is a VGCer, though I don't believe they're that experienced in DOU, while Crunch is pretty competent in SS, so based on familiarity with the tier I'd give the edge to Crunch. Since I named him "Functioning Adult" in the DOU Discord for April Fools it feels like he's had less moments too, which is another point in his favour.

SM: (40) talkingtree vs umbry (60) - umbry has a respectable 3-2 record, while tree comes in with a single win over SMB, one of umbry's few losses. Not to take away from tree's win but a big part of that was coming prepared for the Mega Venusaur team SMB had used twice already, while umbry has been using a good variety of teams. Given umbry's record this DPL, and having generally been much more active than tree, she definitely has a clear edge going into this one, as long as she doesn't misclick.

XY: (55) stax vs Amaranth (45) - stax is 3-1 (2-1 in XY), Amaranth is 4-1, with that one loss in fact being to stax, while using an off-pick Deoxys-Speed. On the other hand stax has played fewer games this season, but has still done enough to prove he's in form IMO. Amaranth's other teams have largely been more standard, but given how the two's last confrontation went I have to give a slight edge to stax.

BW: (40) Bless vs Frania (60) - Neither have had the best of seasons, with Sunrose Bless going 1-2 (1-1 in BW) and Fran going 2-3, but I have more confidence in Fran as a player. Bless's first BW team was also quite weird even if it did manage to win, while Fran's builds look more reliable and come from a deep experience of the tier.

DUU: (45) Lord Death Man vs Z Strats (55) - LDM has proved all those hours of laddering DUU weren't for nothing with a 4-1 record this season, while DUU Strats has went 1-2 in SS but 2-0 after switching to DUU, showing where he belonged all along. Z Strats played well to beat mishi (among other factors), and sent a statement by beating double Fairy with monodragon, so in what might be perceived as a slight upset I think he'll come out on top again this week. Given fespy's fascination with monofire and DPL trophy last year, Z Strats' zero-losses (in DUU at least) monodragon could be a sign of great things to come.

Browbeat Lands (6) vs Slateport City Sp_ndas (0)

SS: YoBuddy vs Toxigen - GOAT

SS: Crunchman vs raisedintyo - GOAT

SM: talkingtree vs umbry - GOAT

XY: stax vs Amaranth - GOAT

BW: Bless vs Frania - GOAT

DUU: Lord Death Man vs Z Strats - GOAT

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Tiebreaker time!

SS DOU was automatically chosen as a tiebreaker slot, then each team got to pick one more. As the lower seed, Tenzai picked DUU first, and Z Strats picked BW.

(2) Browbeat Lands vs Slateport City Sp_ndas (0)
SS: YoBuddy vs Toxigen
BW: stax vs Frania
DUU: Lord Death Man vs Z Strats

The deadline for the tiebreaker is April 24th at 11:59 PM EDT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Browbeat Lands vs Slateport City Sp_ndas

SS: YoBuddy vs Toxigen - Losing letters to become _ox__en earlier this DPL was actually a blessing in disguise, due to the Australians' infamous record against fighting animals.

BW: stax vs Frania - It's an even game, until a vital piece of hax or a misclick (mouse hax) decides the match.

DUU: Lord Death Man vs Z Strats - Z Strats will schedule to play last, and after the score is 1-1 will propose deadgaming with Lord Death Man in an attempt to screw with Arcticblast and force another tiebreak. LDM will decline, so they play, but Z Strats wins this time since he doesn't misclick again.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sorry team, it wasnt the outcome we expected but we have to accept defeat. I had a lot of fun this year, especially this little storyline with yobuddy, i dont think 2 players have faced 3 times in dpl before lol, it was certainly very enjoyable facing eachother and i wish you good luck in finals. Thanks to all my teammates who helped me test all season and for the good memories we've made, hopefully we can win something together in the future :heart:

may the best win:boatogostandode:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)