Tournament Doubles Premier League 8 - Finals (WON BY MILWAUKEE DUCKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Season 8 Spreadsheet | Replays and Usage Stats

VS

vs

(3) Browbeat Lands vs Milwaukee Ducks (3)
SS: Crunchman vs MADARAAAA
SS: YoBuddy vs Akaru Kokuyo
SM: talkingtree vs SMB
XY: stax vs KyleCole
BW: Bless Nido-Rus vs DaWoblefet
DUU: Lord Death Man vs RelicanthPrimal

The deadline for finals is May 1st 11:59 PM EDT. Who will win?

While we're here, I'd like to thank the following people:
- Itchy and Z Strats for helping with the player signups spreadsheet, and Z Strats for helping with the draft bot (along with the assorted PS auth whose names I have forgotten, shame on me!)
- talkingtree for the season spreadsheet
- dnagerbdager for running the replay & stats thread
- Spurrific for running predictions
- and everyone else who helped along the way, except Memoric who made everything more difficult :^)​

Last edited:

Spurrific

is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Community Leader
Hey everyone, the prediction form for finals can be found here! Thanks to everyone who participated and for being patient with how busy I've been this DPL. I'll go ahead and get caught up on everything in this post at some point during the week including missed breakdowns and updating the standings. When standings are updated you'll be able to find them here.

Predictions will close when the first game is played.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Browbeat Lands vs Milwaukee Ducks

SS: Crunchman vs MADARAAAA - I'd say these two are fairly evenly matched skill wise, but Crunchman is 2-0 (in SS) while MADARAAAA is 2-2 so I'll give the edge to him.

SS: YoBuddy vs Akaru Kokuyo - YoBuddy has had better results and been more active both this DPL and in general, and is an easy favourite here.

SM: talkingtree vs SMB - talkingtree won in the two's previous confrontation, but I'm sure SMB won't make the same mistake again. As long as he changes up team to avoid tree getting an edge there then SMB should be able to win with stronger play.

XY: stax vs KyleCole - KyleCole's done fine this DPL, but stax has had more games to prove a strong form, and is the better player overall.

BW: Bless vs DaWoblefet - DaWoblefet's seething rage at not facing Crunchman may affect his ability to prep and play this week, but it'll take more than that for Bless to come out on top.

DUU: Lord Death Man vs RelicanthPrimal - Both have been doing well in DUU, with Lord Death Man winning when they played before. I feel like this one's a toss-up so I'll go with RelicanthPrimal to fit with the result I think will happen which is a tie.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
because DaWoblefet asked :bat:

SS: Crunchman vs MADARAAAA - Crunchman has generally been solid in their two SS appearances and is relatively hotter. I think this should be the closest matchup this finals based on how I feel about their play, from watching their games, they're simply both good players all around. I personally feel that MADARAAA may have a bit more of a teambuilder edge, but Crunchman has been more fundamentally solid in recent history.

SS: YoBuddy vs Akaru Kokuyo - YoBuddy has been going on a rampage while Akaru hasn't really made much noise, not much to say. Go APAC!

SM: talkingtree vs SMB - Call me talkingtree pilled but I think that talkingtree might have what it takes to pull off another upset from SMB. While SMB has the reputation as the better player in pretty much every aspect, I believe that the Lands may have a small prep edge and that maybe maybe maybe that's what lets them get through this matchup again. I'm a Believer.

XY: stax vs KyleCole - stax is stax, while KyleCole's team selection seems really bizarre, just seems novel for the sake of being novel. I think KyleCole, if he brings a team that's more fundamentally solid, can make this a close one though.

BW: Bless vs DaWoblefet - There's only two scenarios where I see DaWoblefet losing: 1) DaWoblefet boycotts this game in protest of the Lands not putting Crunchman in BW; and 2) Bless sends DaWoblefet the right amount through paypal.

DUU: Lord Death Man vs RelicanthPrimal - I think LDM might win again. IDK! They are both pretty good and DUU is the format I'm least informed about so I'm just going with gut feeling and maybe past history.

I'll go with the tie because:
1) I'm a masochist and I want another week of waiting and battles before knowing the champion and;
2) because I'm a sadist and I want the 2 caps thinking about the tiebreak slots (like if they didn't have them in mind already) and the players going for another excruciating week of pressure and teambuilding

SS: Crunchman vs MADARAAA (this seems really close to me, anyone can take it but I'll go with the unpopular decision)
SS: TuPanaElPanadero vs Akaru Kokuyo
SM: árbol parlante vs SMBoat
XY: stax vs KyleCole
BW: Sunrose (Bless) vs DaBWoblefet
DUU: Don Hombre Muerto vs RelicanthPrimigenio (same as the first one)

Good luck to both, great work managing Tenzai and SMB (foreshadowing clash for Team Mediterranean captaincy? :worrywhirl:)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Once again, it's tiebreaker time!

SS DOU was chosen as a default tier. The Lands as the lower seed picked DUU, and the Ducks picked a second SS DOU slot.

I'm not reposting the team logos again because the Lands logo is gigantic lmao it looks great though

~ ~ ~

(1) Browbeat Lands vs Milwaukee Ducks (2)
SS: Nido-Rus vs DaWoblefet
SS: stax vs RelicanthPrimal
DUU: Lord Death Man vs SMB

The deadline for tiebreakers is May 8th at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4).

Last edited:
:landorus: Lands Shoutouts :landorus-therian:

Lord Death Man : I decide to bet for u since u were the only person I could never face in duu, and I really thought u were the best duuer in the community. U have shown me I wasnt wrong. I really enjoyed how u prepared your games, hope to see u next year smashing the tier!

stax : I really dont have much to say about goatax. Despite hearing always good things about u and seeing your games, I never saw how good u are until this tour. Even if u werent 100% motivated, Im so glad I drafted u.

Crunchman : before the draft, u were one of the few players I knew I wanted for sure. U were having such an amazing results in the tours previous to the dpl. I actually apologize for putting u in bw, I think I demanded u too much. Still, I think u are gonna do a great job no matter the tier u are in, im really looking forward to ur classic!

YoBuddy : Im aware that some weeks u didnt have as much time to prepare as u would like but I think u have done an amazing job with your teams, they were a bit crazy but they idea behind them was clear. I really enjoyed sharing team with u!

Nido-Rus : I really hope u are not punishing yourself for that last game, it was a difficult match and not everyone could have done it as good as u did. Even if u have been busy some week, I don't regret drafting u at all, u have been an amazing support for the team!

Qwello Lee : the fact that u drop the turn kinda hurt me, I have been knowing u since a while now and I consider u one of my rivals, so I was expecting a lot from u this tour, I really thought this was gonna be your tour. Hope u find again the motivation to keep playing.

talkingtree : I drafted u with the idea of having u as a support player, and without a doubt ur help have been key in many wins. Also, thank u for being so nice and help your teammates that much. It has been my honour to be cap for someone that has done so much for the dou community!

Bless : I actually wasnt sure to draft u, I knew u could bring a lot to the team but I thought they could be better options. But I think I didn't make a mistake, u shown a big motivation through all the tour, even the weeks u didnt play. I actually thought u play all the weeks just because how involved u were lol.

kaori : Im actually sorry I didnt give u a chance in any week. I really feel bad about it, so I hope we shared team again so I could make u up!

chlo : I drafted you because I think you're a player who could do incredibly well in DOU and I feel like I haven't given you all the chances you deserved in this dpl, but I hope you keep playing doubles, you're a great up-and-coming player for the tier.

Voltix : Although this has not been your best tour, I'm glad I drafted you, we started playing mons together and we died together, Siempre en mi equipo Fermín
Captura de pantalla 2022-05-14 130806.png

And thank you very much to everyone who has stopped by our server to help us, although we couldn't win the tournament we were so close to doing it for you <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)