Tournament Doubles Premier League 8: Administrative Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

:psywoke::psywoke::psywoke::psywoke::psywoke:

If you want to play a couple of gen4 randbats games hmu at SMB#1320, I need some practice for randbats pl.

For doubles pl; if you are new on the doubles community and/or this is your first doubles ou tour, hmu to play a couple of games. For people with more doubles ou experience, be free to pm me replays or letting me know if you are interested in playing for the Ducks :psyglad:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
While we do have more signups than we did last year, there's not quite enough to comfortably support an eight slot tournament this year. After carefully considering input from the community, as well as the number and quality of signups, I have reached a decision.

Doubles Premier League 8 will have six starting slots.
SS DOU / SS DOU / SM DOU / XY DOU / BW DOU / SS DUU

Thank you everyone for your discussions on the forums and (primarily) in the Discord server.

kaori zee ANoobWithoutAName Spurrific you signed up for exclusively DUbers, which has been cut; you have until the deadline to edit or delete your signups.

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The draft time and draft order have been confirmed!

The draft will be Saturday, March 5th at 4:00 PM UTC. You may know this better as 11:00 AM EST, 8:00 AM PST, and 12:00 AM GMT+8 (technically the 6th for this crowd).

The order of the draft will be as follows:
1. Browbeat Lands
2. Hau'oli Haxers
3. Santalune Storms
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
5. Slateport City Sp_ndas
6. Milwaukee Ducks

[13:01] #Arcticblast: !pick Santalune Storms, Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, Slateport City Sp_ndas, Hau'oli Haxers, Milwaukee Ducks, Browbeat Lands
We randomly picked:
Browbeat Lands
[13:01] #Arcticblast: !pick !pick Santalune Storms, Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, Slateport City Sp_ndas, Hau'oli Haxers, Milwaukee Ducks
We randomly picked:
Hau'oli Haxers
[13:01] #Arcticblast: !pick Santalune Storms, Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, Slateport City Sp_ndas, Milwaukee Ducks
We randomly picked:
Santalune Storms
[13:01] #Arcticblast: !pick Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, Slateport City Sp_ndas, Milwaukee Ducks
We randomly picked:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
[13:01] #Arcticblast: !pick Slateport City Sp_ndas, Milwaukee Ducks
We randomly picked:
Slateport City Sp_ndas
[13:01] #Arcticblast: and Ducks are last

The auction will be held in the DPL room on Pokemon Showdown. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Arcticblast

The auction has concluded. Here are the rosters for DPL 8:

Browbeat Lands
Captain: Tenzai
stax, Qwello Lee, Lord Death Man, talkingtree, Nido-Rus, Crunchman, YoBuddy, chlo, Voltix, Sunrose, kaori

Hau'oli Haxers
Captain: Yoda2798
Yoda2798, JRL, Paraplegic, Mishimono, GasaiYunoSan, Zeal, luisin, Checkmater

Santalune Storms
Captain: Fespy
qsns, Croven, Human, Enzonana., Yellow Paint, Shadowmonstr7, papiloco, n10siT

Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Captain: Memoric
Memoric, Biosci, Actuarily, miltankmilk, MajorBowman, Grandmas Cookin, Xrn, dnagerbdager

Slateport City Sp_ndas
Captain: Z Strats
Z Strats, Frania, umbry, Toxigen, emma, I want atago to sit on me, robjr, Amaranth, raisedintyo

Milwaukee Ducks
Captain: SMB
SMB, DaWoblefet, MADARAAAA, RelicanthPrimal, Akaru Kokuyo, SingleThunder, Meminger21, Ann nomina, KyleCole​

Pricelist:
DaWoblefet27000
qsns24500
Actuarily22000
Frania18500
JRL17500
umbry17500
stax16500
Paraplegic16000
Croven16000
Biosci16000
Mishimono15500
Human15500
Qwello Lee14500
Grandmas Cookin10000
Lord Death Man9500
SingleThunder8500
KyleCole8000
Toxigen8000
RelicanthPrimal7500
MajorBowman7500
Crunchman7000
MADARAAAA6000
Yellow Paint6000
Amaranth6000
Nido-Rus5500
YoBuddy5000
Shadowmonstr75000
papiloco5000
emma5000
GasaiYunoSan4500
Checkmater4500
Voltix4500
Zeal4000
talkingtree4000
Enzonana.4000
n10siT4000
raisedintyo4000
miltankmilk3500
luisin3000
Akaru Kokuyo3000
Meminger213000
Ann nomina3000
chlo3000
Sunrose3000
kaori3000
Xrn3000
dnagerbdager3000
I want atago to sit on me3000
robjr3000

Auction log

Last edited:

Arcticblast

I was going to wait until the spreadsheet was ready to post the schedule, but since multiple people have asked for it, here it is:

DPL 8 SCHEDULE

Week 1:

:squirtle: Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles v Browbeat Lands :landorus-therian:
:haxorus: Hau'oli Haxers v Milwaukee Ducks :psyduck:
:serperior: Santalune Storms v Slateport City Sp_ndas :spinda:

Week 2:
:squirtle: Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles v Santalune Storms :serperior:
:psyduck: Milwaukee Ducks v Slateport City Sp_ndas :spinda:
:haxorus: Hau'oli Haxers v Browbeat Lands :landorus-therian:

Week 3:
:haxorus: Hau'oli Haxers v Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles :squirtle:
:serperior: Santalune Storms v Milwaukee Ducks :psyduck:
:landorus-therian: Browbeat Lands v Slateport City Sp_ndas :spinda:

Week 4:
:spinda: Slateport City Sp_ndas v Hau'oli Haxers :haxorus:
:psyduck: Milwaukee Ducks v Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles :squirtle:
:serperior: Santalune Storms v Browbeat Lands :landorus-therian:

Week 5:
:landorus-therian: Browbeat Lands v Milwaukee Ducks :psyduck:
:squirtle: Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles v Slateport City Sp_ndas :spinda:
:haxorus: Hau'oli Haxers v Santalune Storms :serperior:

Arcticblast

On the finals tiebreaker metas:

After the Browbeat Lands picked to play DUU for the tiebreaker, the Milwaukee Ducks attempted to also pick DUU. While we never really have codified rules for DPL, we have usually used SPL rules as our guideline, given that the DPL tournament format is directly derived from the SPL format. Those rules can be found at the bottom of the first post of the SPL commencement thread. The SPL rules state that each team much pick a unique metagame for the tiebreaker--in other words, they cannot pick the same meta. The Lands were nonetheless asked if they agreed to play two DUU games for tiebreakers, and they declined. As a result, the Ducks were required to pick a different meta for the tiebreaker.

We've never really had something come up that's against SPL rules as far as I can remember, but it's an interesting footnote. After finals have concluded, an avenue to discuss DPL rules will be made available. (Doesn't hurt, right?)

Arcticblast

re: Nido-Rus vs DaWoblefet

DaWoblefet is attending Indianapolis Regionals this weekend, and will be gone for several days. Nido-Rus is unavailable on the days DaWoblefet does have available.

Normally, I would request that the Ducks provide a substitute, as DaWoblefet has very limited availability. However, I think this is the incorrect decision this time. For starters, this situation was not likely to happen originally--were it not for two consecutive tiebreaker rounds, both players would have no availability issues. In addition, this is not only the finals, but a tiebreaker finals. Not only is this game incredibly important, but it's not holding anything up--either one team goes 2-0 or this is the last game. For these reasons, Nido-Rus and DaWoblefet have been granted an extension. They will have until Wednesday, May 11th at 11:59 PM EDT to complete their game. It is my understanding that this deadline should work for both of them, but if one is still unable to meet this deadline, I will ask that player's team to provide a substitute player.

I do realize that this contradicts the situation in the above post a little bit, but I firmly believe this decision makes for a better tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)