Tournament Doubles Premier League 7: Administrative Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread will be used for me to post information about the league, such as the schedule, dates for signups and auction, and for coaches to make their discords public or provide information about tryouts if they wish. This thread will also be used for final decisions of a tournament director nature, such as activity decisions, punishing people for cheating, etc. Do not post in this thread if you are not a manager, your post will be deleted and you will possibly be infracted.

Manager Signups: January 24th

Player Signups: January 31st

Auction Date: February 12th 5pm EST

Regular Season Schedule:
Week 1: February 14th
:marshadow: Spikemuth Spectral Thieves vs Hoenn Heroes :latias:
:squirtle: Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles vs Hau'oli Haxers :haxorus:
:serperior: Santalune Storms vs Galar Ghosters
:dragapult:

Week 2: February 21st
:marshadow: Spikemuth Spectral Thieves vs Santalune Storms :serperior:
:dragapult: Galar Ghosters vs Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles :squirtle:
:haxorus: Hau'oli Haxers vs Hoenn Heroes :latios:

Week 3: February 28th
:marshadow: Spikemuth Spectral Thieves vs Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles :squirtle:
:serperior: Santalune Storms vs Hoenn Heroes :Latias:
:dragapult: Galar Ghosters vs Hau'oli Haxers :haxorus:

Week 4: March 7th
:marshadow: Spikemuth Spectral Thieves vs Galar Ghosters :dragapult:
:haxorus: Hau'oli Haxers vs Santalune Storms :serperior:
:latios: Hoenn Heroes vs Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles :squirtle:

Week 5: March 14th
:marshadow: Spikemuth Spectral Thieves vs Hau'oli Haxers :haxorus:
:latias: Hoenn Heroes vs Galar Ghosters :dragapult:
:squirtle: Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles vs Santalune Storms :serperior:

Playoffs: March 21st-April 4th

Formats: SS DOU, SS DUU, SM DOU, XY DOU, and BW DOU

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
hauoli_haxers_logo_final.png

Hello, prospective Haxers! I won't have a public Discord, but if you're interested in being drafted to the luckiest DPL team then you can reach out to me on Discord at Yoda2798#7370.

If you're a newer/more under the radar player then you can make a case for yourself, but even if you're a more established player, showing you're motivated and interested in playing for me will make me more likely to get you!

Draft Info

Managers that wish to buy themselves must nominate themselves at their first opportunity and immediately bid 15k. Failure to nominate themselves during the first round of the draft forfeits their ability to play in DPL 7.

The draft order is as follows:
  1. Hau'oli Haxers
  2. Spikemuth Spectral Thieves
  3. Santalune Storms
  4. Galar Ghosters
  5. Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles
  6. Hoenn Heroes

The DPL 7 Draft has concluded!

Pricelist:
emforbes28000
Qwello Lee27000
JRL24500
DaWoblefet23000
SMB22500
stax21000
Z Strats18500
shrop17500
MajorBowman17000
Spurrific17000
Paraplegic16500
yoda279815000
Frania15000
hearth1715000
qsns15000
Mishimono12000
Biosci9500
Demantoid9500
Tenzai9500
Voltix9000
YoBuddy8500
Nido-Rus8500
Human7500
Grandmas Cookin7500
Ninjadog5500
Mizuhime5500
MetalGro$$5500
The_Bandit5000
Akaru Kokuyo4000
Sakura4000
GenOne4000
Alpha Rabbit4000
AtmosphereVGC4000
Arcticblast4000
Eisenherz3500
Amaranth3500
Yellow Paint3500
papiloco3500
Enzonana.3500
Shadowmonstr73500
laptops3500
EternalSnowman3000
Toxigen3000
emma3000
TonyFlygon3000
Yuichi3000
kaori3000
Mr.GX3000
Maki3000
Zigh3000
Oravlatore3000
zeefable3000
London133000

Week one begins on Sunday, February 14th!

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll do it here. Thank you MajorBowman n10sit Arcticblast and Yoda2798 for giving me the opportunity to host DPL 7. Tbh, I don't think I was the best candidate to host, but I didn't want to let you guys down so I did my best to make sure DPL 7 was ran successfully without any problems. Unfortunately, I wasn't being neutral throughout DPL and was giving advice to every team during prep. I wasn't leaking any info from other team servers so I didn't think I was breaking any rules, but as host, I should've been neutral from the start and shouldn't had said anything in the prep channels. This is my first time hosting a tournament so it's a new experience for me. DPL isn't over yet, but I wanted to share with the DOU community how I've been feeling atm. I enjoy playing DOU a lot(mainly BW DOU and SM DOU), but lately, IRL has been kicking my ass. I need to be honest, I never intended on a getting a badge on Smogon. I just wanted to do stats for DPL 6, Smogon Classic, Snake 3, and DOU Invitationals last year because I knew it would be beneficial for the DOU community. I ended up getting a ladybug badge which turned into a community contributor badge and now I feel obligated to do stuff for Smogon because I have this badge now. I'll always be around in the DOU community because playing doubles is fun but I really need to take a break from mons and focus on my IRL goals. I plan on returning for DWCOP in November later this year but in the meantime, I would like to nominate YoBuddy and emma for ladybug badges. YoBuddy has always been there for me when I couldn't do usage stats for a tour(2020 Dwcop and DPL7) and emma in general has been killing it. emma did secret santa, hosted the dou winter ssnls, worked on the spreadsheets for Dwcop last year and DPL this year, and is also a great presence in the dou discord(YoBuddy as well). I appreciate all the support I've gotten from the DOU community but it's time for me to move on. Take care everyone! I'll be back for Dwcop :) I hope all of you also come back for Dwcop Frania umbry Z Strats Memoric SMB Paraplegic!

re: kaori vs SMB

Summary: kaori (Squirtles) and SMB (Heroes) scheduled their game for 11:00am Eastern time (GMT -4). SMB had scheduled his SPL finals match for earlier in the day, but his opponent was late. This meant that the RBY match bled into the scheduled time, and kaori made it clear that she would need to start by 11:45am in order to get to sleep at a reasonable time. MajorBowman (tier leader but not the host of DPL7) implied that activity calls would not be made for DPL semifinals, but no definitive statement could be made since the host was not online. At 11:45am, the Heroes attempted to substitute Voltix in for SMB without the manager online, but kaori's teammate confirmed that she was no longer available. About 15 minutes later, kaori came back online and played against Voltix. To reiterate, neither the Heroes manager nor the DPL host were online at any point while this situation unfolded.

Resolution: The game played between kaori and Voltix will not count towards the DPL semifinals match between the Squirtles and the Heroes. kaori and SMB will be given a one week extension and allowed to reschedule their match. Since the outcome of the series between the Squirtles and the Heroes will not be affected by this specific game, the players may also choose to call it a dead game. This decision was made because the Heroes manager was not online to authorize a sub at the time. While adhering to deadlines is important for the timely progression of tournaments, DPL is a low stakes tournament played with the intention of all parties having a good time. For that reason, we would much rather see games be played as intended than to make activity calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)