Resource Doubles OU Team Bazaar

eragon

retired unmon enthusiast
is a Tiering Contributor
Rank #1 Specs Bundle Semiroom Team
1676949052574.png

:iron hands: :iron bundle: :glimmora: :chi-yu: :farigiraf: :roaring moon:
I am back once again, this time with a more meta team. This team contains, in my opinion, six of the best mons in the format. However, there are a couple of very unorthodox sets on this team that enable it to function cohesively and easily outperform other meta teams. There's a decently long analysis that follows, but if there's one set you should read, it's the Chi-Yu one. This team is the most fun I've had in the SV era since the early days, lots of fun ways to pilot it.
1676951411543.png

(I lived this)

:iron hands:
Iron Hands is a pretty standard set that I've run pretty much since the beginning of SV, with pretty much max hp, a decent amount of sp def investment, and a dump in attack. Heavy Slam is nice to hit fairies like Iron Valiant and Sylveon, and I've recently transitioned to running CC over Drain Punch on most Iron Hands sets due to the large damage difference.

:iron bundle:
This is the first unconventional set on the team. Choice Specs enables Bundle to do absurd damage that usually opponents won't expect to come from it, especially when paired with Chi-Yu. Tera Blast Ground may seem like an odd choice, but allows Bundle to basically bully Iron Hands and dodge electric attacks in general. I basically determined that ground was the best offensive coverage it could ask for and went with it. Freeze Dry and Icy Wind round out the set, standard attacks that always add value.

:glimmora:
Personally one of my favorite Pokemon to run in the format, Glimmora provides offensive hazard support with stealth rock and defensive hazard control with mortal spin. This was a very integral piece of the team, allowing the attackers to pick up crucial KOs after wearing opponents down. Not a whole lot to say here, just a really solid piece.

:chi-yu:
The cornerstone of this team. Assault Vest Chi-Yu is ridiculously bulky on the special side, utilizing its base 120 sp def. This spread allows Chi-Yu to attain the usual special attack stat of an unboosted timid Chi-Yu, while maxing out HP and investing a little into both defenses. I often found that Chi-Yu doesn't need any speed investment on this team to be successful, as the Speed Control and bulk can more than make up for it. The attacks are those that are typically found on a specs set, with Heat Wave, Snarl, Dark Pulse, and Overheat. This set made me feel like I was playing SS again. You are able to play safely around opposing special attackers without fear, and most importantly, this Chi-Yu beats other Chi-Yu and Iron Bundle. With this set, I think I've finally found the set I've been looking for for all of SV: a consistent and safe bulky Pokemon that enables the rest of the team to survive.

:farigiraf:
Another very solid Pokemon, one I find myself slotting onto most of my teams. This set has pretty much optimized balanced bulk while allowing for a modest nature to still pick up KOs. Nasty Plot provides a way to punish passive play, and Safety Goggles is a nice extra Amoonguss check. The role compression on Farigarif is unmatched in this format, blocking priority while also providing a bulky TR setter is invaluable, especially on this team. Speed on this set is debatable, I went with - nature and 31 IVs, just to always outspeed min speed armarouge outside of TR, a decent benchmark while maintaining a decently low speed.

:roaring moon:
Yet another form of speed control, this time another one of my favorite sets, the speed booster energy acrobatics tailwind set. Again not a whole lot new to say from my other team reports, just a solid pick that provides another way to map out your games with alternate speed control and solid damage output.

A Couple Replays:
"Why I run Tera Ground Bundle" vs Bage1
Match that got me rank 1
Probably should have saved a couple more but a lot of my games were pretty clean with AV Chi-Yu and Iron Bundle cleaning up pretty easily. I had a good game versus Genone but I apparently forgot to save it.

:chi-yu: :iron bundle: :iron hands: :roaring moon: :amoonguss: :sylveon:

I wanted to build a team around Chi-Yu and I think I did somewhat well, so I wanted to share my (not so original) team :

:Chi-Yu: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Snarl
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse

Obviously I started the team with :chi-yu:. However, I didn't want to play another offensive :chi-yu: so i started labbing a defensive version. Even with 55/80/120 defenses, it can tank some key hits This EV spread lets :chi-yu: live Sacred Sword from :chien-pao: and Hydro Pump from Choice Specs :iron bundle:. The rest of the EVs are invested in SpAtk so it can still deal some damage.
I opted for Heat Wave and Dark Pulse to have some constant damage output. Snarl is very useful since :chi-yu: can survive so much stuff and can annoy specially offensive mons can could otherwise be annoying to deal with.
Lastly, I went for Overheat for the one time nuke that it offers.

:iron bundle: 252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Chi-Yu: 264-312 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:iron bundle: 16+ SpA Beads of Ruin Chi-Yu Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Bundle: 249-294 (98.4 - 116.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (overheat is OHKO)
:chien-pao: 252 Atk Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 100 Def Chi-Yu: 264-312 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:dragonite: 252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 100 Def Chi-Yu: 235-277 (75 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:gholdengo: 252 SpA Choice Specs Gholdengo Power Gem vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Chi-Yu: 136-160 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
:gholdengo: 16+ SpA Beads of Ruin Chi-Yu Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 318-374 (100.9 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:farigiraf: 16+ SpA Beads of Ruin Chi-Yu Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Farigiraf: 444-524 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:walking wake: 244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Chi-Yu in Sun: 288-342 (92 - 109.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
:baxcalibur: 252+ Atk Baxcalibur Glaive Rush vs. 248 HP / 100 Def Chi-Yu: 249-294 (79.5 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:Iron Bundle: @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Now, I wanted a mon that could abuse :chi-yu:'s ability and something that was quite fast. :iron bundle: was all I needed. With it's high speed bossted even higher with Booster Energy, :iron bundle: is able to outspeed almost the entire metagame. Moreover, with it's icy wind, it lets it's over teammates outspeed other mons even if they are quite slow. Tera Water lets :iron bundle: hits even harder with it's Hydro Pump, removes it's weakness to fighting and gain a resistance to fire.

:Iron Hands: @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch

I needed something to help my team position well for them to be able to dish out damage. It also need to be able to deal damage as well. :iron hands: was my pick. This mon helps a ton to support the team with it's fake out and great tankiness. This tankiness is accentuated with Assault Vest, which helps it resist special moves way better. I opted for Tera Grass because it allows :iron hands: to ignore :Amoonguss:'s rage powder and spore, and to resist ground.

:Roaring Moon: @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Throat Chop
- Protect / Dragon Dance
- Tailwind

Now, I realized that my team was lacking some speed control, so I added :roaring moon:. This mon is a great mix of utility with tailwind, and damage with it's great Atk. I decided to boost it's speed instead of it's attack to be able to outspeed the majority of speed control mons (im looking at you :murkrow:). It also helps with the :amoonguss: match-up, since it can scare it with acrobatics and Tera Flying. You can run DD if you want, but I've never clicked it soooo.

:Amoonguss: @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 196 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Leaf Storm

I wanted some sort of tankiness since my team was frail, but still maintain some offensive pressure. :amoonguss: was the best mon for that role. Rage Powder is an excellent move, which give more longevity to the rest of my team. It allows :chi-yu:, :iron bundle: and :sylveon: to get more hits. This EV spread lets it tank 2 Make It Rain from Specs :Gholdengo:, and the IVs make :amoonguss: slower than :iron hands: and :kingambit: which is great in TR.

:Sylveon: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Sleep Talk

Last but not least, I wanted something that can kill both :great tusk: and :iron hands:, and be a specially offensive mon. :Sylveon: was my pick. This mon can hurt a lot with it's Hyper Voice spam. I chose Specs, Tera Fairy and Pixilate to apmlify the damage of this move. In the right condition, :sylveon: can wreck havoc quite easily. The only other move is Sleep Talk, so :sylveon: can absorb sleep for it's teammates. This EV Spread lets :sylveon: outspeed :Garchomp: speed mons under tailwind

Paste : click on the mons at the beginning

Last edited:

jonas

put your hands to the constellations
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
https://pokepast.es/796a8132531f0f46

the coolest team ive built/used so far this gen, thought id drop it here now that im done with seasonal. the whole idea was rain with gholdengo to beat chi-yu while still being able to tera steel, and it was really fun to pioneer some interesting mons like tauros and hydreigon. ping me in discord if you have any questions. enjoy!

PikaSpark

sad emoji
is a Tiering Contributor
proof2.JPG

Ceruledge Screens
https://pokepast.es/87c307cabce92de3

so there was this person in dou chatroom whom i was talking with, they kept trying to convince me that ceruledge could be viable, and so I built this team. big shoutouts to them

:ceruledge::grimmsnarl:
I firmly believed that the only way ceruledge could be "viable" was to use its bulk up moveset and run it with screens. one thing I have to say in defense for Ceruledge, despite all of its shortcomings, is that it is amazing into the most common pokemon in the metagame, aka Iron Hands. The spread allows it to KO Iron Bundle with +1 Bitter Blade and a follow up Shadow Sneak. i forgot what the def investment was for but I just rolled with it and turned out fine for me.
Grimmsnarl is a pretty standard set but one thing to point out is that it has Misty Terrain over Parting Shot as a method to protect us from Amoonguss and Wisp Arca9.

:iron-hands:
Iron Hands slots itself as a natural pick because its simply a very good pokemon, and could take advantage of screens with its SD moveset, also pressuring the things Ceru struggled with like Chi-Yu.
(Another edit: apparently i was very distracted when writing this post, forgot to mention: the speed on hands lets u outspeed garchomp during tailwind)

:roaring-moon::iron-bundle:
Roaring Moon and Choice Specs Iron Bundle were slotted together at once, I had been seeing the support moon set (Tailwind, Breaking Swipe, Snarl, Taunt) for a while and wanted to use it. However, (after the team was finished) I changed Snarl to Iron Head and used Tera Steel, because I kept losing to fairies. This is still a pretty new change tho so not fully tested. Bundle gives us some immediate power from the special side, ripped the set from the AV chi yu team built by eragon. theortically specs wake or smthing like gholdengo should work too but I didn't bother testing it because Bundle seemed to work fine. consider those an optional change ig.

:great-tusk:
this used to be Glimmora, but Glimm just died to quickly and hazard spam was being difficult for me to face, tusk was a better spinner and also checked opposing Glimmora and Gholdengo, both of which I still had problems with. An extra bonus for me was that Tusk was good at taking advantage of Roaring Moon's Tailwind. 44 spdef lets you survive the following: Choice Specs Heat Wave from Chi-Yu, you drop your defenses, and still live another. (EDIT: WITH LIGHT SCREEN UP BTW)

Most of the time you're gonna lead Grimmsnarl and something not named Roaring Moon, not a ton of replays but take these ig

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1834570742
1750ish rated ladder game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1834281249
ladder game vs fangame, i technically haxed them because they got 0 freezes out of their 10 Blizzards which is an event that has like 20% of happening :psynervous:

Ceruledge is probably still not viable but it was fun to build and play

Last edited:
I have been using this team on the ladder for a while now and it feels really good in the top 300-200 ladder
This team is a great counter to the annoying armarouge indeedee teams

Set up a substitute with shed tail then us earthquake with Dragonite or Great Tusk to heal Orthworm back up to set up another substitute and finally sweep from behind the safety of substitute and screens from Grimmsnarl
Leftovers, Multiscale Dragonite behind screens and a substitute is unstoppable

Hope u guys have fun using this team

https://pokepast.es/aa3445f8ce41ac78

Orthworm @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Shed Tail
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Parting Shot

Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Tera Blast

Espathra @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

eragon

retired unmon enthusiast
is a Tiering Contributor
DPL IX teams (teams first, thoughts on the metagame later)
Per usual this may have a lot of rambling about the team choices and the matches they were used in, so the pastes and games will be at the top for those that don't care about the ideas and such behind the team and its match.
Week 1 vs tyo
:Chi-yu: :Iron Bundle: :Sylveon: :Wo-Chien: :Salamence: :Gallade:
Going into week one I was pretty fresh on SV after taking a brief break and I built several fun teams that were probably the best I built all tournament. One of them got rank one on the ladder, but I actually didn't bring it week 1 thinking I would save it since it was so cracked (however, I never used it and none of my teammates ever did, so it's just sitting there in the builder waiting for me to pick it up sometime, might post it eventually). I ended up deciding to use Wo-Chien again, and Sylveon was the logical choice since the two fit really well together. I also wanted to use AV Chi-Yu, since it was a recent innovation of mine at the time (was pretty stupid to post such a good set right before DPL but oh well lol). Specs Iron Bundle is another cool set, I actually think it's one of the best items for Bundle if your opponent isn't using Bundle as well and the team needed some damage. Salamence was a mon I'd been thinking about for a while ever since ratpacker brought it in DWCOP. The team kinda wanted some more physical reduction so I slapped it on. Finally, Gallade seemed really cool to have a physical attacker to threaten things and also patch up the tr matchup somewhat. In a true SV moment, this team rolled a pretty much 100-0 matchup and kinda just ran through tyo's fullroom team (little did I know that would be the last favorable matchup until week 7).

Week 2 vs Fey
:Iron Bundle: :Dragonite: :Glimmora: :Roaring Moon: :Great Tusk: :Chi-Yu:
This week I spent the whole week trying to come up with something usable, I didn't really like this team that much but had nothing else to bring after a bunch of ideas fell through. Band Outrage Roaring Moon was funny, but it was super stupid to spend the whole week trying to build around that set since it limits you a lot of the time. Madaraaaa brought a variation of this team that also lost, I think the variation was just a little more standard with booster bundle and maybe a few minor moveslot changes. Chi-Yu was a cool rendition of the av idea, with tera flying. However, this Dragonite set is just abyssmal. My team was pretty high on Dragonite at the start of the season, but it performed awfully in every game I brought it. DO NOT run bulky tailwind Dragonite as your speed control- it is really underwhelming, it wants to tera most of the time, and generally doesn't get the job done. Unfortunately for this team, it pretty much gets 6-0d by scarf Tusk (with the only counterplay being to tera Chi-Yu, which I didn't really have the position to do), and Fey brought it and pretty much cleaned up what was pretty much a close game up until that point.

Week 3 vs Zeal
:Pincurchin: :Iron Hands: :Iron Leaves: :Iron Bundle: :Dragonite: :Chien-Pao:
Even though it loses to Glimmora (spoilers), this is still my favorite team I've made in SV. It's a ton of fun to pilot and honestly if it didn't have the terrible Dragonite set I think it could be a solid team. After week 2 I really wanted to innovate something, so I went through the movesets of a lot of popular Pokemon and discovered Acrobatics Chien-Pao. One thing led to another and I decided to revisit Pincurchin for the first time since early SV, with Iron Leaves to beat Iron Hands. Once again I made the extremely poor decision to use bulky tailwind dragonite, which was bad once again for the reasons stated above. I knew this team had pretty much no Glimmora matchup, but I stupidly went with it anyway since I figured people wouldn't bring it into the sets I'd been running, but I ended up facing it. Pretty much the only route was to accept having tspikes up against me the whole game, since allowing it to set up rocks would've been even worse, but that discouragement to switching was really bad into this matchup against Arcanine and Amoonguss where pivoting was kind of necessary. I still could have won this barely I think, but I really didn't expect the Arcanine to have both CC and Protect and threw the game by doubling up into it. Honestly Pincurchin is not that bad, but it lowkey really wants rapid spin for the very reason of this kind of matchup. If I had to redo this, I would've changed out Dragonite for something else like Glimmora or Iron Treads (could be really interesting with terrain boost + rapid spin + vital ground coverage + rare steel type), since the Dragonite set was really bad and not having hazard control was definitely a throw in the builder.

Week 4 vs Zoe
Should've brought Alcremie it would've had a better rain matchup.

Week 6 vs Umbry
:Indeedee-F: :Walking Wake: :Torkoal: :Great Tusk: :Chi-Yu: :Amoonguss:
This was another fun idea I had with scarf Walking Wake in sun being the fastest pokemon in the entire metagame. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to really perfect the team after coming up with the idea two hours before the match so I just rolled with semiroom. I really think this idea has potential, but there was literally nothing I could do against av tera grass armarouge even after snagging the Iron Hands with a psychic. I think the current build is a little lacking in damage output, but on a faster-paced offensive team with more sun abusers I think Walking Running Wake could be cool and really help defeat other fast paced teams with its truly ridiculous 783 speed stat.

Week 7 vs Dad1
:Landorus: :Tornadus: :Manaphy: :Politoed: :Kingdra: :Blastoise:
This was my first tournament game of BW ever and my team was eliminated by this point, so I threw this together quickly with some fun ideas like bulky rest hydration manaphy and managed to pull out a win in a truly horrendous team matchup for Dad1. I realize now that this team has no physical attackers but I think there's some fun ideas here like the Manaphy set.

Thoughts on DPL IX as a whole:
Even though the season didn't go as well for us as I'd hoped, I'm still glad I got the chance to work with a lot of my teammates. We got unlucky in some of the games we really needed to not get unlucky but I'm proud of the effort everyone put in even though we started the year with some activity issues. The tournament has been very well run so far so shoutouts to May for hosting. I'm not super happy with my performance but I don't think I played bad in the games, I mostly just got outprepped due to being a lot busier than I really expected and not having the time to test my out there ideas like I've had in the past.

Thoughts on the SV Metagame
If I'm being 100% truthful, I think this metagame is a total mess of broken stuff that barely balances itself out and leads to intense matchup fishing that I really despise. After Iron Hands staying legal, I have doubts that this metagame will ever be fun for me again until Home releases. The lack of fairy types in a metagame dominating by like 7 strong dark types and a fighting type that takes forever to kill and can sweep teams with the slightest iota of an advantage makes preparing for matches a nightmare (I don't think I've ever had less fun in the builder than in the last month). With the high power level of offensive threats, it leads to high stakes turns where there's very little room for prediction that doesn't immediately risk the game on the spot. I used to love hyper offense in previous generations, but I've come to realize that a metagame where that playstyle is actually part of the established meta is very unfun for me to play. I haven't really found games rewarding since Annihilape and Flutter Mane were legal and I really regret my votes in those suspects. Even when I win, I don't feel like I've really earned the victory since so much about games is decided by the matchup on team preview which doesn't feel very skill intensive to me. This is probably my least favorite format I've played in my 2.5 years playing competitive Pokemon.
There's definitely still some room for metagame development with finding new ways to beat Iron Hands, but honestly I'm not super impressed by tera psychic Chi-Yu (a set several people, including Paraplegic, Robjr, and myself, developed independently in week 5) since it often is only effective for a turn or two given the high volume of dark types. I think there's room for innovation in regards to Chien-Pao, I was messing around with tera psychic psychic fangs the other day on ladder and it is definitely very solid into the recent rise of screens + SD Hands. However, I do think the meta has settled around Iron Hands so I don't think we'll see many significant changes until the format changes with Pokemon Home (really looking forward to the expanded options to play around with).

tyo

最強
is a Tiering Contributor
VGCPL Champion
I wanted to share the main team I used to get 1st in DLT cycle 1 so here it is!

:orthworm: :ting lu: :dragonite: :chien pao: :gyarados: :sylveon:

If you hate Iron Hands, try this team out! It is very strong vs it and has many tools for other Pokemon paired with Iron Hands. Orthworm and Ting-Lu paired together is extremely good. Not only are they insanely bulky, Ting-Lu also does very respectable damage with the choice band set and Orthworm has a lot of utility being able to set stealth rocks, wall physical attackers with iron defense, and set up substitute for Pokemon like Sylveon to avoid throat chop and freely dish out crazy amounts of damage (tera fairy hyper beam OHKOs max SpD Garganacl)! Being able to have speed control as well is a key point of the team too, bulldoze serving as speed control as well as recovery to Orthworm was really strong. Not to mention, thunder wave + waterfall can often win games that you aren't supposed to.

The base of the team is from David Koutesh's EUIC team. I noticed that without Flutter Mane in DOU and the lack of ground resists/immunities, earthquake spam in theory was even stronger in DOU. I tried the original sets for a while and while the win rate was pretty good, I felt like dragon dance Dragonite was a bit awkward to use in 6v6 and Iron Bundle Chiyu was a hard lead to deal with so I changed the Dragonite to choice band extreme speed to make that match up a lot easier. I also made the Chien-Pao to hold brick break to make the screens matchup easy as well.

I will say that Glimmora can be pretty annoying at times, mainly due to the team being slightly weak to hazards, so there's definitely improvements that can be made. Furthermore, the Orthworm set could be played around with as well. Lastly, the EV spreads can definitely be optimized as I just copy pasted all of them from either Koutesh's team or other VGC teams. I don't know what those spreads do but they worked well!

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
This is gonna be a pretty short post, but I built some stuff for SV during DPL and I forgot to include it in the team dump post

Bulk Up Palafin Screens
:palafin: :chi yu: :amoonguss: :grimmsnarl: :iron valiant: :roaring moon:
https://pokepast.es/4781f003d4234885

:xy/palafin:
finn (Palafin-Hero) @ Leftovers
Ability: Zero to Hero
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 48 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Jet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Protect

I really like the Bulk Up Palafin sample and wanted to build my own version of it. Swords Dance Iron Hands is the premier setup sweeper behind screens, but I also think that Palafin behind screens is really threatening right now and is probably my favorite way to use it outside of Rain. Behind Light Screen, you actually beat Walking Wake 1v1 because of the Special Defense investment and the ability to heal back up with Drain Punch. This becomes even easier to do with Pollen Puff and Snarl support from the rest of the team. The main downside of this over more standard Palafins is that you no longer threaten Amoonguss at all, but you kinda don't need to on a team like this. I named it finn after my blahaj

:xy/chi yu:
burn it all (Chi-Yu) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave / Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I don't know who originally invented this set, but ratpacker used it and I thought it was really cool, so I decided to try it here as well. This Chi-Yu synergizes really well with Bulk Up Palafin because you can weaken things to allow it to take hits more easily and heal with Drain Punch, and also threaten Amoonguss for it. Chople Berry allows you to stay in on Iron Hands as well to burn it. 156 Speed outspeeds Adamant Tusk, with the remaining EVs going to Special Attack.

:xy/amoonguss:
shadow shroom (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 196 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Leaf Storm

It's Amoonguss. Pollen Puff is nice because you can heal Palafin, but I really don't have much to say about it, it is literally the analysis set. The nickname is a PvZ2 reference (I love shadow shroom, sogood)

:xy/grimmsnarl:
notlgrimrose (Grimmsnarl) @ Light Clay
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 104 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fake Out
- Spirit Break

This was originally a Misty Terrain Grimmsnarl to prevent Palafin from getting burned, but then I realized this team actually relies on status a ton, so I just used Fake Out instead. Screens are really good in this meta, being able to set Screens to more easily survive the onslaught of stuff like Chi-Yu + Iron Bundle is singlehandedly what's keeping balance playable. Nickname is a reference to my "deadname", NotlPrimRose. Not gonna say anything else about it because I kinda don't want to, but I thought the wordplay was cool.

:xy/iron valiant:
nb (Iron Valiant) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psychic

Assault Vest Iron Valiant!!!!! This set is so sick, I like it a lot. The idea is basically its typing allows it to check a ton of common threats (Walking Wake, Chi-Yu, Iron Bundle, Iron Hands, etc.) and it doesn't actually need offensive investment to do good damage. Iron Valiant in general is really strong right now, people just don't respect Fairy types in this meta and Iron Valiant is good at punishing that trend. The name is self explanatory.

:xy/roaring moon:
alucard (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Breaking Swipe
- Throat Chop
- Taunt

Roaring Mid is actually pretty good. I like this more utility focused set for it, Breaking Swipe and Taunt are really nice on this team. 32 HP and 4 Defense hits a stealth rock number, which is a very marginal improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. I named it alucard because it kinda looks like a bat when it flies.

Iron Valiant +Chi-Yu
:tauros paldea aqua: :gholdengo: :ting lu: :iron valiant: :chi yu: :amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/4fb9b3bc4ea94483

I'm just gonna write a short paragraph for this one because I have less to say about each individual member. Tauros enables Ting-Lu balance really nicely, as it provides Intimidate and a good check to Chien-Pao/Walking Wake. I wanted to pair it with Gholdengo because I think Nasty Plot Gholdengo is an insanely good win condition on balance. The tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam set seemed really nice here to further solidify the Walking Wake/Iron Hands matchups, with Covert Cloak for random Snarls. I was originally running Spikes Ting-Lu instead of Ruination, but I never really found myself clicking it and Ruination feels more impactful. Iron Valiant and Chi-Yu is a really strong offensive pairing. Iron Valiant is really strong because it punishes people for not respecting Fairy-types in the builder, and this set fully takes advantage of that with Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam. I originally had Icy Wind but everything I would Icy Wind for Chi-Yu I can just kill with Moonblast or Close Combat. The Iron Bundle matchup is kind of difficult but playable

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
DPL IX Teamdump

Sadly I'm making this post now instead of in a couple weeks, but the Tramplers are out of DPL. I had a great time in my first DPL and hope to continue being involved in the DOU community. Despite playing DUU all season, I easily spent more time thinking about and building for the SV DOU metagame instead. Here are all the teams I built that were used by my teammates this season. I'm not going to retroactively update pastes but I'll mention where I think things should be changed.

Papiloco Week 2 vs YoBuddy
:Iron-Hands::Palafin::Grimmsnarl::Amoonguss::Arcanine::Glimmora:

This is a pretty standard SD Iron Hands team with screens support. I had originally used a version of this team in the Winter Seasonal, where I basically ripped a common Annihilape team and swapped it for Iron Hands. There are a lot of Tera-Grass on this team, and I don't think its necessary in hindsight. Bulk Up Palafin is also something I would change in hindsight as the team really needs some immediate damage, so I think Mystic Water or Choice Band should be used here instead. We rolled a really good matchup this game with YoBuddy not really having any solid Iron Hands Checks while all of the status, redirection, and hazard pressure of this team were able to slow down YoBuddy's threats.

Papiloco Week 3 vs Fangame
:Chi-yu::Roaring-Moon::Amoonguss::Iron-Hands::Glimmora::Iron-Bundle:

I had played Fangame a lot on the ladder with similar teams, and this is a very good matchup into him. You'll see that Terablast-Fairy is a common trend on my teams, and Fairy Chi-Yu is one of my favorite options for it. In this game we see it erase an Iron Hands from the board, but unfortunately the Fairy typing comes back to bite us later on. Booster Bundle is the most oppressive mon in the tier, especially while supporting Chi-Yu. This Roaring Moon set is extremely suspect, but I think bulky Roaring Moon as a concept is solid. This reaches 1 speed higher than Scream Tail and OHKOs Dragapult with Throat Chop with the rest invested in defense to improve the odds of living Tera Normal Ruin-boosted Extreme Speed from Dragonite. AV Hands is still really good and helps keep the strong attackers safe while dealing massive damage itself. I like Glimmora on Chi-Yu + Bundle teams because its one of its own best answers.

Luisin Week 3 vs Sanjay das
:Iron-Hands::Glimmora::Roaring-Moon::Chien-Pao::Dragonite::Gholdengo:

Very similar team to the one above, just faster and with different threats. Was expecting to face a more setup-heavy team and just overwhelm with brute offense, which is what mostly ended up happening. Specs/Scarf Trick Gholdengo is a solid Iron Hands check and nice overall. We were running Power Gem for Iron Bundle, but Tera-Fairy Dazzling Gleam is definitely better overall in my opinion.

Papiloco Week 4 vs Umbry
:Great-Tusk::Gholdengo::Rotom-Wash::Murkrow::Chi-Yu::Iron-Bundle:

Another Chi-Yu + Bundle offense this time with Great Tusk + Floaties to spam EQ. AV to fit rapid spin to not die to hazards, but a boosting item would have been cool too for even more damage. Slow tusk was to not compromise bulk while investing in attack, and with Murkrow/Bundle speed shouldn't be a problem. The idea was to outspeed base 100s at +1 from spin but this spread only speed ties oops..... The match was tough and grindy but winnable. We had some unfortunate luck with a Bundle speed tie (avoidable) and a Hydro Pump crit that simplified the endgame a lot, but that's Pokemon.

Luisin Week 4 vs Mizuhime
:Skeledirge::Glimmora::Tauros-Paldea-Aqua::Chien-Pao::Dragapult::Amoonguss:

The idea of this team is to chip the opponent with hazards to allow for the fast and strong attackers to clean up while giving space for Skeledirge to sit on the field and boost. Psychic Fangs on Dragapult won this game for us. I think the move should be standard on Band Pult because one of the Mon's best traits is that it can sit in front of Hands and not immediately fold. Life Orb Tera Dark Sucker Punch does insane damage, and opposing hazards felt manageable with Glimmora. Skeledirge is also a pretty solid Iron Hands answer, but it competes with Gholdengo who is usually just better. Additionally being a fire type that doesn't resist Chi-Yu is rough.

Papiloco Week 5 vs Articblast
:Iron-Bundle::Chi-Yu::Sylveon::Indeedee-F::Scream-Tail::Iron-Hands:

Once again Bundle + Chi-Yu Offense. This is maybe the fastest you can make a team without Tailwind, with Speed Booster Bundle + Scream Tail (with twave) and Choice Scarf Chi-Yu. I like SD Hands on teams with lots of other threats as it demands a lot of attention and does a great job of creating space for its teammates. Arctic had a fun team using a similar concept but with Acid Spray Iron Moth over Scream Tail. This game was decided by Arctic's very cool EQ Iron Hands next to Tera Flying Roaring Moon in order to bypass redirection.

Luisin Week 5 vs Zeal
:Ceruledge::Roaring-Moon::Iron-Bundle::Amoonguss::Iron-Hands::Glimmora:

This is basically the week 3 Papiloco Team but with Ceruledge over Chi-Yu. Better into Hands, worse into Psyspam and Zeal brought both. I had originally topped ladder with this team and had posted it in the Tramplers chat couple weeks back and we brought it out this week as we weren't sure what to expect. Tera Grass Bulk Up Ceruledge can 6-0 Sun a lot of the time, but it can be a bit useless in other matchups. Unfortunately Luisin got punished for some passive players early on and Zeal was able to get their threats into position under TR and we couldn't recover. Its funny that I made this team right after nomming Ceruledge to UR in the VR, but I think it is a decent mon now.

Luisin Week 6 vs Lemurro
:Iron-Bundle::Chi-Yu::Indeedee::Iron-Hands::Dragonite::Scream-Tail:

Basically another version of Papiloco's Week 5 team. This was made to specifically do well into opposing Chi-Yu + Bundle offenses, mostly with AV Chi-Yu and Fast Iron Hands. I said I wasn't going to adjust pastes but I did make a change right after the game as I felt that I threw in the builder on this one. Originally I had made Chi-Yu faster than 252 Timid Gholdengo, but Chi-Yu still gets outsped by Glimmora as seen in the game, so immediately after I made Chi-Yu 252 Modest. I think this matchup was very winnable, if Chi-Yu doesn't take the Power Gem it can actually live +2 aura sphere. However being prepared for Weak Armor Armarouge is something we should have kept in mind.

Papiloco Week 7 vs JRL
:Roaring-Moon::Iron-Bundle::Ting-Lu::Amoonguss::Arcanine::Gholdengo:

This team was built to respond to Trick Room, Psyspam, and SD Iron Hands, all of which JRL brought. This is a bit of an amalgamation of 2 different teams I had originally proposed. Shout out to Tyo for saying to put the Gholdengo onto the Roaring Moon team, it definitely pulled its weight in this game. Taunt Ting-Lu is very good, but dropping protect can hurt at times. Making Amoonguss faster than minimum speed Iron Hands and Kingambit came up very clutch in this game, and it pairs very well with Taunt Ting-Lu. I defintely think balance teams like this are really good in DOU still, they just require a bit more care to play. Gholdengo was in position to potentially win this game, but JRL is a great player and pulled it out in the end.

Luisin Week 7 vs robjr
:Amoonguss::Arcanine::Palafin::Ting-lu::Dragonite::Kingambit:

This is me just taking the most common VGC balance core and DOUifying it. Kingambit I feel is underrated in DOU as all the Iron Hands have made people scared to run it, but it just does obscene damage. (+2 Tera Dark Sucker Punch OHKOs Chi-Yu!) Terablast-Fairy Dragapult is basically discount Flutter Mane but it does a great job flipping a lot of bad matchups into good ones. I really like this team and think its very solid. All the love to Luisin who had a very tragic t1 misclick that basically sealed the game then and there. No hard feelings, you were a great teammate and thanks for rolling with whatever monstrosities I threw out each week <3.

There we have it, I'll post my DUU teams in the DUU forum sometime later.

Thanks Memoric for drafting me, luisin and papiloco for trusting my teams week in and out, tyo and Yuichi for helping develop teams and bouncing ideas around every week, and the rest of the Tramplers for being great teammates!

Last edited:
DPL 9 Teamdump

Going into this DPL I was unsure of my availability and how often I would even be able to prep for games since my army training was starting to ramp up. I also hadn’t even watched an SV replay since World Cup so I was pretty out of touch with the meta but I ended up subbing in week 3 and played every week after that while building all of my teams myself so I think I performed decently well given the situation. I personally wouldn’t reuse most of these teams but there were a few techs that I didn’t get to show off so I wanted to share them.

:glimmora::iron bundle::arcanine::amoonguss::gholdengo::roaring moon:
Replay

I was just coming off of a 6 day outfield training going into this week so I had been completely uninvolved with prep for the other SV slots so far so I decided to go with something proven to be good already. It was 6 mons from a team jonas made with bundle over rotom and close combat on arcanine. Pretty generic team, not much to say about it.

:torkoal::roaring moon::glimmora::jumpluff::iron hands::chi yu:
Replay

I was very glad to see that I was playing Fangame this week because I love playing against people who only use one type of team. Usually I would load up the mirror versus these kinds of players but I thought fanroom sucked so I did the next best thing and built the most ridiculous team possible that still had a good matchup so I built tera fire roaring moon. It’s a stupidly strong nuke and will ohko anything that doesn’t resist it in sun except for iron hands, which it does more than 80% to. Torkoal by itself just dismantles fanroom by existing. Once trick room is set there is nothing to stop torkoal from going for eruption so the fanroom player is forced to play the game outside of trick room. After torkoal I put a jumpluff on there to invalidate any fast pokemon outside of trick room and glimmora so I don’t lose to their glimmora.

:indeedee-f::armarouge::iron hands::abomasnow::iron bundle::chi yu:
Replay

Decided to bring psyspam this week, was just an archetype I felt luisin had trouble dealing with. I also thought blizzard spam was pretty cool so I added that too. Goggles nasty plot chi yu was a neat idea but definitely not the best set for this team.

:roaring moon::scream tail::iron bundle::dragonite::chi yu::great tusk:
Replay

I knew robjr didn’t build any of his own teams so I just had to bring something solid and play better. First idea for this week was glimmora and hex dragapult, which ended up being really really bad. So then I pulled out some random garbage I had sitting in my builder since I didn’t have much time left. It was jaw lock moon plus encore disable. If I was able to trap a mon in, I could likely win on the spot with dragon dance.

When I played the team the first time, it surprisingly worked even if I wasn’t able to encore trap anything since both roaring moon and scream tail function decently well individually. Scream tail is also a very good check to SD iron hands since it’s able to prevent it from setting up and can deny recovery with either encore or disable if it’s already set up. I also expected robjr to bring great tusk, considering my last 3 teams had at least 5 mons that lose to it, which would be an easy target to get encore disable trapped. They don’t end up bringing it but the team was good enough to win.

:garganacl::dragonite::ting lu::amoonguss::gholdengo::arcanine:
Replay

So this week I wanted to build garganacl then accidentally leaned into building full stall :|

I think garganacl is really good and it’s shocking how low its usage is. It has good matchups into a lot of the biggest offensive threats and punishes pokemon for staying in with salt cure while also punishing them for switching with stealth rocks. Gholdengo is also an obvious pick for a team like this, being a self sustaining steel type that is immune to status moves. For a long time I struggled with what to put in the second slot. I wanted a fast pivot that could put on some offensive pressure or something with strong priority while also not losing to great tusk. It was originally a gyarados, which turned into palafin and then became dragonite in the end. Ice spinner was also very nice to be able to remove terrain and made my psyspam matchup much better. The rest of the team were obvious picks.

I don’t think I did this team justice at all. It is way better than what my game showed and if we were in tiebreakers I would rfn with this team. I think there aren’t any teams in the meta that are equipped to take it on. There are a few problem pokemon like iron bundle(which is easily pressured with rocks salt cure) and banded dragapult, but once those mons are removed the matchup just devolves into making the obvious play for 20 more turns and winning.

Misclicking and terastalizing gholdengo instead of amoonguss on turn 3 was tragic since I lose two fighting resists instead of just one, so it was just impossible to deny drain punch recovery after that. Otherwise, the iron hands matchup is pretty straightforward.

I think over the past few weeks I’ve learned the importance of taking extended breaks from the game. There wasn’t ever a week where I felt burnt out from building and it actually felt fun to play, unlike grinding out a whole seasonal. So it actually ended up being a good thing that I hadn’t played in a while.

Thanks Arcticblast for drafting me and to the rest of the Cratermakers for being great teammates. You all helped get me caught up and put up with my ideas and trusted me enough to win with whatever I came up with, and I couldn’t ask for more.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Home is probably dropping soon so I may as well dump these teams because I will most likely never use them again

Weakness Policy Dragonite Offense
:glimmora: :dragonite: :chien pao: :gholdengo: :chi yu: :iron bundle:

:xy/glimmora:
PLAGUE KNIGHT (Glimmora) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 232 HP / 156 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Power Gem
- Mortal Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

I wanted to try AV Glimmora in DOU, as it has seen a good amount of success in VGC and the idea behind it makes a good amount of sense. Assault Vest protects you from special attacks and physical attacks will deal more damage to you, but will activate your ability which is what you want anyway. This set is really good at sticking around for a while and removing hazards while spreading consistent chip damage with poison from Mortal Spin and Toxic Spikes. This is very desirable on this team, as you have a lot of Stealth Rock weak Pokémon. The EVs allow you to live two Iron Bundle Freeze Dries after Terastallizing and live AV Dragonite Stomping Tantrum 15/16ths of the time. Unfortunately you can't guarantee both. Name is a Shovel Knight reference

:xy/dragonite:
SPYRONOLACTONE (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Stomping Tantrum
- Tailwind

I just really wanted to try Weakness Policy Dragonite to be completely honest. It does a good amount of damage even without the boost from Choice Band due to Sword of Ruin and Tera Normal, and if Weakness Policy goes off you now have Tailwind up and are at +2 Attack with Sword of Ruin and win the game. The nickname is a reference to Spyro and Spironolactone (a kind of horomone replacement therapy).

:xy/chien pao:
PERMAFROST (Chien-Pao) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Protect

Pretty much standard Chien-Pao added purely for its synergy with Dragonite. Brick Break instead of Sacred Sword is a bit weaker but you break screens which is pretty relevant. Throat Chop is also an option to neuter Sylveon. The name is supposed to reference a type of frog that hibernates in snow or permafrost during the winter and uses the glucose in its blood to prevent its organs from freezing while it hibernates, but I could not fit all of that into the 18 character limit, so it is just named permafrost.

:xy/gholdengo:
GET CHEESED (Gholdengo) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 112 SpA / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

I used this set on a team I posted here earlier too. Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam flips so many of Gholdengo's bad matchups and is just generally really nice to have in a meta with so many Dark-types. I'm sure Choice Specs could also work here but Nasty Plot is just so good. Name is self explanatory, Gholdengo is the funny string cheese man.

:xy/chi yu:
wither and decay (Chi-Yu) @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Heat Wave
- Snarl
- Psychic

Assault Vest Chi-Yu is stupid. I was originally using Assault Vest Arcanine but I wanted something with more damage output and a way to hit Iron Hands, so I tried Chi-Yu and it worked really well. Tera Psychic Chi-Yu boosts the power of Psychic but is also just a really good Tera type for it, as it flips a ton of its weaknesses into resistances. The EVs let you outspeed Adamant Great Tusk, the HP is a dump. The name is a reference to the Tangled TV show.

:xy/iron bundle:
CLUB PENGUIN (Iron Bundle) @ Booster Energy
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Icy Wind
- Protect

I firmly believe that you can slap Iron Bundle onto literally any team and said team will improve solely because it now has an Iron Bundle. Iron Bundle was just the logical last slot to deal with Great Tusk and provide secondary speed control with Icy Wind. The name is Club Penguin. I have no other words. Just Club Penguin.

This team is pretty good on ladder and is generally just really fun. The nicknames are also probably my favorite nicknames I've ever done.

Armarouge TailRoom Psyspam
:glimmora: :roaring moon: :armarouge: :iron bundle: :iron hands: :indeedee-f:

:xy/glimmora:
PLAGUE VON KARMA (Glimmora) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 252 SpA / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb

Passho Berry Glimmora lets it beat Chi-Yu Bundle technically. You live Heat Wave + Hydro Pump and can OHKO one of them with Power Gem. Other than that its just normal Glimmora. I have no idea what the EVs do, I stole them from ratpacker. The nickname is referencing the user Plague von Karma for no other reason than the name is just cool.

:xy/roaring moon:
AETHERIC ECLIPSE (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Breaking Swipe
- Throat Chop
- Taunt

Roaring Mid. Armarouge is fast enough that it can kind of function in Tailwind as well as Trick Room, so I paired it with Roaring Moon. Throat Chop also improves the Sylveon matchup. The name doesn't mean anything, it just sounds cool.

:xy/armarouge:
ASGORE (Armarouge) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Armor Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Protect

Weakness Policy Armarouge is pretty decent. It does good damage without it, but with the +2 it can even start breaking through resisted targets. I don't really have a reason for running 3 attacks here, I just wanted to.

:xy/iron bundle:
NACREOUS SNOWMELT (Iron Bundle) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 228 HP / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Icy Wind
- Tera Blast

This was originally Flip Turn to self proc Armarouge's Weakness Policy, but I wanted more for opposing Iron Hands and Great Tusk, so I used Tera Fairy Tera Blast because Tera Blast is a balanced and healthy move. Tera Fairy is also pretty nice defensively on Iron Bundle. Nacreous Snowmelt is an iconic rhythm game song, it was one of the first ones I actually tried to FC (I did eventually but it took me 7 months of practice and probably thousands of attempts).

:xy/iron hands:
ANTHROPOPHOBIA (Iron Hands) @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 56 HP / 160 Atk / 40 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Protect

Iron Hands is broken. There have been so many games where it got down to like 30% and ended the game at full HP because of Drain Punch. The EVs let you live Headlong Rush from Great Tusk. Anthropophobia is a fear of people, whether it be specific people or crowds/large groups (Its also a fanmade Megalovania remix, it lowkey slaps). Iron Hands would be borderline body horror if it existed in real life so the name felt fitting.

:xy/indeedee:
GALAXY COLLAPSE (Indeedee-F) (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand

Indeedee-F enables the Trick Room mode of this team but is also just generally provides a ton of utility. Psychic gives you some extra insurance against opposing Iron Hands and Helping Hand is nice to boost Armarouge and Iron Hands. Safety Goggles + Follow Me lets you prevent Spore from Amoonguss, as this team has no other Spore immunities outside of Terastallization (We have 3 Tera Grass Pokémon though lol). Galaxy Collapse is another iconic rhythm game song, but I've never attempted to FC it because I don't like the song enough to put in the hours to practice it.

This team is also really fun, Psyspam is such an interesting team style to me as Indeedee-F enables such interesting compositions.

Those are all the SV teams I've built recently that are worth posting, I will now be disappearing until Pokémon home becomes available

DPL TEAMDUMP

Quick teamdump for the teams I used each week and some fun ideas that I didn't get to bring

Week 1 vs Chris numbers (W)
:walking wake: :kingambit: :torkoal: :chi-yu: :indeedee-f: :iron hands:
https://pokepast.es/f19f18f7e40d2ccf
Pretty straightforward team going into this week. Wake had just dropped recently and sun stocks were super high atm. I did a basic scout into Chris and didn't find anything recent/meaningful really, so I just went with a general safe bring. This team initially began like :torkoal: :roaring moon: :indeedee f: :armarouge: :walking wake: (https://pokepast.es/689c9c0ef5ece632) but I decided to scrap some of the more funny aspects of this and leave those for later. The roaring moon set here was something I do want to try again at some point as just a huge statstick pivot. Instead I opted for AV tera fire tera blast kingambit, which I really wanted to try after seeing Nails make it work in vgc sun. Ended up working great on this team, kingambit does the statstick thing a lot better than roaring moon with much more threatening field presence and more manageable weaknesses. Tera fire tera blast in particular ended up being really valuable in test games, allowing it to pretty much solo fanroom team archetypes which I wanted to prepare for. In the actual game itself, kingambit won hard once I got rid of tusk and chi-yu early game.

Week 2 vs xqiht (W)
:indeedee f: :walking wake: :tyranitar: :chi yu: :iron bundle: :iron valiant:
https://pokepast.es/406ff07eb3d90967
Spent a lot more time in the builder this week. Initially I was set on making baxcalibur work and had made a bunch of different team comps with ratpacker (bax bonnet rain, bax bonnet mimikyu rain semiroom, bax pao howl HO) and some of them actually worked, but were just too unreliable. Eventually ratpacker switched to ttar AV tera psychic chi-yu indeedee semiroom, and I liked that archetype enough that I tried one of my own. The team I ended up with initially looked like :indeedee f: :iron leaves: :tyranitar: :chi yu: :tauros paldea aqua: :iron hands: (https://pokepast.es/ce643a106305cc0d) which worked sometimes but was too slow and reliant on indeedee for a trick room setup. Iron leaves was a great pick here though and was really good into a lot of the meta. In the last few hours before my game I made some significant changes, and ended up with the final product there. I realized that I wanted the iron hands slot to check an absolute ton of things without being too slow, and was looking into alternative fighting type options when I stumbled onto the idea of running bulky AV Iron valiant. After running a bunch of calcs I realized it did everything I wanted, and in testing with eragon and a few others it worked amazingly well.
Iron Valiant @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psychic
I've talked about it a bit on discord, but this set trades positively against pretty much everything in the format, tanking hits really well and basically always dishing out more damage with a SE hit. Very funny EVs too:
1683953655101.png

General idea behind these EVs was to be 1 point faster than max speed adamant tusk, dump in bulk, and then go positive nature on an attacking stat while losing as few stats as possible on the negative nature. -spdef doesn't matter too much when it's being bolstered by all those EVs and the initial stat is that low to begin with. Takes special hits well enough while threatening an OHKO back. Tera water is mostly for the gholdengo matchup.

The team I ended up facing was very different from what I expected, but chi yu's sheer power against TR mons combined with valiant's ability to pick and choose targets ended up cleaning once I managed to get them in a good position.

Week 3 vs JRL (W)
:armarouge: :indeedee f: :kingambit: :iron hands: :dragonite: :iron bundle:
https://pokepast.es/f7b939bf3f189476
This is probably one of the most fun teams I ended up bringing. I was thinking about how indeedee gets fake out but never actually gets to use it because of terrain, when I realized that this was the perfect setup to run with a weak armor armarogue. With a well-built team comp, nobody would expect an armarogue indeedee lead on a semiroom team comp to end up with a +2 speed armarogue on the first turn. Of course, the main drawback with this is that armarogue needs to run covert cloak to not flinch, but compared to the sheer value of getting to bring self-fake out indeedee to a tournament match, this was a sacrifice I was willing to make. The next three mons all offer alternative ways to self-proc weak armor if needed, while also all being options that would look reasonable on a semiroom team and function fine outside it as well. Last mon bundle bc bundle. In the actual game I didn't end up using the tech because it was a hands autowin matchup. Hands moment

:great tusk: :iron bundle: :roaring moon: :dragonite: :torkoal: :armarouge:
https://pokepast.es/68d5fdcaf575f66e
This was an alternative team idea I was playing around with as well. Proto speed wp tusk + flip turn bundle + eject torkoal. WP tusk broken, definitely needs to be explored more. Also threw in arma as an alternative flip turn target. Too gimmicky

Week 4 vs Enzonana (W)
:scream tail: :gholdengo: :chi yu: :dragonite: :iron hands: :indeedee f:
https://pokepast.es/6d4afeb732a69627
Probably one of my favorite teams I built this DPL. screens disruption + very bulky hard hitting mons + double bulky setup ended up meshing together really well.
This team initially started with booster speed fake tears screens twave scream tail and AV chi yu + covert cloak NP dazzling gleam gholdengo. Ratpacker and I noticed that make it rain + dazzling gleam matched up incredibly well into most of the team comps people were using at the time. Main idea behind covert cloak on gholdengo was that it provided a very convenient stop to snarl drops, icy wind drops, and fake out post-tera. Still a pretty iffy idea compared to just sitrus or something. Instead I ended up switching to light clay stail, psychic seed dhengo, and indeedee. Light clay meant that screens easily lasted long enough to support setup without needing scream tail on the field. Meanwhile, screens + psychic seed provided insane bulk to gholdengo, allowing it to set up easily on essentially everything, especially with tera. screens also worked as a substitute for psychic seed on hands, allowing me to run the best hands tera type (water) and still match up really well into most things with a one-time solution to both wisp and spore. I was debating tera blast or ruination on chi yu, but ended up bringing ruination to help with the ting lu matchup and since other mons were bigger tera hogs.

Week 5 vs Xrn (L)
:walking wake: :dragonite: :torkoal: :chi-yu: :indeedee-f: :iron hands:
https://pokepast.es/6dfe6531395f378d
Unfortunate end to the winning streak, but oh well. Didn't have much time to prep this week, so I just took one of my previous teams and made a few minor edits. I looked back at my week 1 team and wanted a ground-immune hands check with a serviceable tusk matchup. Somehow ended up on tera ground stomping tantrum dnite. Encore was a fun idea that actually worked well as a surprise bring in a few test games since dragonite sometimes doesn't make enough progress on the field and is prone to becoming setup bait, so it easily attracts punishable status moves. Also switched wake to tera fairy tera blast for a better bundle/moon matchup and to have an alternative spammable move to click. I went into the game at 6pm not having eaten any food that day, got tilted by a heat wave miss that would've won me the game, and ended up throwing incredibly hard with a fake out in psychic terrain. Reminder to stay healthy and get your carbohydrates in before you play :sphearical:

Week 6 vs papiloco (L)
:ting lu: :iron hands: :scream tail: :pelipper: :palafin: :grimmsnarl:
https://pokepast.es/6c2aea31ec6e9415
Fun team idea I tried out which ended up very much not working in the actual game. I really wanted to use WP ting lu to abuse how ground-weak everything was (and still is), and the team veered a bit far off the deep end in the process. The rest of the team is mostly centered around armarouge psyspam teamcomps and such being very popular at the time. I wanted to see if it was possible to manually reset psychic terrain to give palafin the space to actually use jet punch. As such, I ended up with max bulk palafin and a grimmsnarl fast enough to click either misty terrain or swagger before palafin's jet punch comes out. This team originally started with banded tera ground EQ hands, but I ended up switching to AV to make it an alternative swagger or howl target. In the end my team ended up being very skewed with full physical attackers, no intimidate counterplay and iffy answers to amoonguss and tera ting lu. In hindsight banded hands would probably have been a good idea in providing more breaking power, while the set I did end up using would up being a liability against tera ghost ting lu.

Week 7 vs talkingtree [XY instead of SV] (W)
:kangaskhan-mega: :mew: :deoxys speed: :magmar: :landorus therian: :aegislash:
https://pokepast.es/05f386ec75ffadad
At this stage church had already been eliminated and talkingtree had offered to make this a less serious game and bring heat, so I gladly accepted. I was initially considering some kind of bulky mkang sand, but it ended up being pretty boring and also just not good. The first two mons here, kang and mew, were mostly an idea I had watching XY games over the course of dpl and seeing the format trend to more bulky AV sets. I figured super fang would be a great progress maker against a majority of the format. I actually wanted to bring a slightly more fun mew set, but ended up going with something safer for the amoong matchup.
Mew @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Super Fang
- Psychic
- Sky Drop
The remaining mons were either just fun suggestions I got from church (magmar, SHAMEIMARU) or funny sets I wanted to bring (WP head smash aegislash, LO SD explosion lando).

That concludes my DPL team dump. Ended up being a bit longer than I intended oops. shoutouts church

My exams are finally done so it's time to post some teams

Week 4 vs Yobuddy
:grimmsnarl: :Iron Hands: :Amoonguss::iron bundle::Chi-yu::roaring moon:
This team was provided to me by Ratpacker so I won't be sharing the paste. The basic idea is simple, use your support mons to make the hands unkillable. The Chi-Yu is Chople Berry with Will-O-Wisp, it allows Chi-Yu to cripple mons like Ttar and Roaring Moon who you normally can't touch without terastallization. I loaded into a near perfect matchup, once I got a wisp onto their Iron Hands, my Tera Water Swords Dance Iron Hands cleaned up the game.
Week 5 vs Umbry
:iron bundle: :glimmora: :iron hands: :roaring moon: :chi-yu: :gholdengo:
This team started out as a more aggressive team with a Great Tusk with a Glimmora to punish the more bulky builds that Umbry seemed to like. After some testing I felt it would be improved by replacing Great Tusk with Iron Hands to give the team a stronger defensive backbone and alleviate the massive Iron Bundle weakness. This did leave me with three Iron Hands weakness and no way to do more than 30% to it without Terastallization or a stat boost. I didn't think the weakness was unmanageable thanks to Bundle's tera type, Glimmora's T-spikes and mortal spin, Chi-Yu's wisp and Gholdengo's fighting immunity but I ended up getting swept by Umbry's Iron Hands in trick room. I don't think it was the team's fault, I was in an advantageous position if I either switched to Iron Hands instead of staying in with Glimmora on turn 7, or if the Gholdengo didn't get a double protect.
The original version of this team had Tera Ground Bundle and tera fairy hands, but I think Tera Fairy and Tera Water work better.
Also officially approved by the Cold Crew.
1684118313648.png

Week 6 vs Luisin
:armarouge: :glimmora: :indeedee-f: :iron bundle: :iron hands: :roaring moon:
I noticed during scouting that a lot of the SV teams the Tramplers brought were super weak to Armarouge. I decided to go with the tailwind offense approach because Armarouge really loves being the first pokemon to move, and I'm not a fan of Trick Room based Armarouge teams. I managed to catch my opponent off guard in the actual game with the WP Armarouge after getting some chip on their Chi Yu with Glimmora. This game is also a good example of why I like Taunt over Protect on my Roaring Moons, turning Scream Tail into a non-factor was critical this game.
Week 7 vs Tenzai
:gholdengo: :roaring moon: :iron hands: :great tusk: :chi yu: :iron bundle:
Church was already out by this point but I'd built this week 6 and wanted to use it. I'm a big fan of Great Tusk, it hits the three best pokemon in the tier super-effectively, is the only viable rapid spinner in the tier, and matches up well into psyspam and Ting-Lu which were becoming popular at the time. I think setup is the best set on both Iron Hands and Gholdengo, both can take over the game with just a single boost. I felt my biggest weaknesses were opposing Iron Bundle and Hard Trick Room so I made the Chi-Yu assault vest to help with both. This team can viably run four assault vests, but unfortunately I have a crippling protect addiction.

Highkey I feel like Iron Hands in SV is what some SS critics think Rillaboom is in SS. You can bring Iron Hands on every week in SV, and it's very hard to punish. I've really enjoyed playing SV this dpl, but building has felt very restricted due to the presence of Iron Hands, Chi-Yu, and Iron Bundle.

Shoutout to ratpacker for his help with ev spreads and team ideas, Noelle for all her help and work in ss, and Feyy for always being there to bounce ideas off of and discuss the metagame. Also shoutout to my managers kaori big pichu and the rest of the Church for making this dpl an enjoyable experience.

Last edited:
DPL didn't end the way I'd hoped but I will at least make a team dump. To be perfectly honest the SV meta felt really stale and some of my teams aren't worth talking about so I won't say much about those weeks.

Week 1 vs JRL
:iron hands: :iron bundle: :glimmora: :armarouge: :indeedee-f: :roaring moon:

It's always tricky going into the first week of a new meta considering there wasn't a lot of data on most people after the Annihilape ban. My team advised me that JRL's teams were sometimes weak to semiroom so I built with that in mind. I went with U-Turn on Bundle to do less damage when I self proc Toxic Debris on Glimmora and so I could still proc Armarouge's Policy when I tera it as well. Looking back this seems like a wild decision but in testing I normally only wanted to self proc when I also wanted to tera.

In the game I kinda got bodied early but Armarouge + Hands nearly brought it back but unfortunately I was Weakness Policy instead of Life Orb on Armarouge and couldn't get the roll on JRL's Tusk and I lost.

Week 2 vs Papiloco
:iron bundle: :chi-yu: :iron hands: :abomasnow: :roaring moon: :walking wake:

Around this time I really wanted to run Choice Band Baxcalibur but it never worked out. Snarl + Breaking Swipe Moon was an idea to role compress Tailwind + damage control but it didn't really pan out that well.

Week 3 vs Umbry
:iron hands: :grimmsnarl: :chi-yu: :iron bundle: :great tusk: :amoonguss:

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. After getting smashed by screens + Iron Hands I decided to use it myself. I tried a Substitute set with heaps of bulk to help set up better against Intimidate, Will-O-Wisp, Amoonguss etc. I ended up dodging Will-O-Wisp instead.

Week 4 vs Lemurro
:walking wake: :kingambit: :pelipper: :iron hands: :palafin: :iron leaves:

This week was pretty experimental and the experiment failed. It was the only week I didn't bring Swords Dance Iron Hands to SV and I also brought some other weird stuff like Scarf Palafin and Iron Leaves. The idea with Iron Leaves is it is one of the few pokemon that resist Iron Hands' STABs and threatens it both with its regular typing and Tera Water (the other main Hand's Teras lose to the other members of the team). It also ignores Rage Powder so it can get past Amoonguss' redirection. In the end I couldn't really keep it on the field against Lemurro's Iron Hands and lost pretty badly.

Week 5 vs Voltix
:iron hands: :arcanine: :palafin: :great tusk: :scream tail: :roaring moon:

My previous 3 games featured me winning with screens + Iron Hands once and losing to screens + Iron Hands twice. So I decided to beat 'em and join 'em at the same time with screens Scream Tail. The idea is pretty simple, Scream Tail sets up screens while denying the opponent and can boost Iron Hands/Palafin/Great Tusk to boot.

Week 6 vs SMB
:ferrothorn: :tapu fini: :tapu koko: :incineroar: :salamence-mega: :necrozma:

I swapped into SM this week and had to go up against SMB. Originally the plan was for GenOne and I to both alternate between SM and SV so we could figure out an ideal lineup for playoffs. GenOne stayed in SM for longer than we originally planned so I was only going to play one or two SM games. At the time I figured Iron Hands would certainly get banned and so I didn't care for playing the SV meta considering it was going to change anyway. If I had more time this week I was going to ask players to play SV games with Iron Hands banned so I could have a head start on the meta once I returned to SV. I ended up spending so much time prepping for SM and building teams for the post-Hands meta that I didn't even end up laddering for the suspect and Hands ended up staying, woops.

One thing I really appreciate about playing oldgens is you can actually prepare with some degree of certainty about your observations being true. In the first few weeks of SV all of my opponents had a single digit number of public games from the post-Annihilape meta and trying to find trends or any patterns felt like guesswork. For this game I found/made a paste for every team SMB had used more than once since SM became an oldgen and made sure to get at least one game with my team against all of them.

Going into the game SMB had used a lot of Gothitelle rain and Kommo-o teams so I wanted to be strong into those as a start. Ferrothorn and two Tapus was the start of the team and I rounded it out with Incineroar and Mega Salamence. The final slot went through a number of iterations. From testing I found myself constantly losing to SMB's Lurantis team and Mega Venusaur + Aegislash teams and really needed something that could cover Mega Venusaur, Aegislash, Porygon2 and ideally damage Mega Metagross. After some testing with Memoric we came up with a bunch of solutions but nothing really stuck until we tried Groundium Z + Toxic Necrozma.

In the game I felt I had a good position early but made a bad call switching Salamence in against Mega Tyranitar. Most of the Tyranitar I had played against in testing had been bulky and it didn't cross my mind that it would be max speed (or at least near max) and let my Volcarona check take heaps of damage and things fell out of control from there.

Week 7 vs Zeal
:iron hands: :sylveon: :great tusk: :oranguru: :amoonguss: :hatterene:

I hadn't really expected to play any more games in SV with Iron Hands legal so I wasn't entirely sure what to do this week, other than bring Iron Hands. At this point I figured a turn with Iron Hands is usually more valuable than anything a different pokemon would do so I decided to go with Oranguru and click Instruct next to Hands. Oranguru also gets Telepathy so I could spam two Earthquakes a turn, which is great into a lot of teams.

The game itself was pretty weird. Zeal brought a super fat team that included Recover + Flash Cannon Gholdengo and I had to switch around a bunch to position around it. Instruct didn't do as much as I had hoped because I hit into Protect but Sylveon and Amoonguss did a heap of work to get the win.

Semi Finals vs Fangame
:iron hands: :palafin: :ting-lu: :scream tail: :armarouge: :indeedee-f:

From our scout of the Cold Crew we saw that they had used Chi-Yu in 20/21 of their games going into finals and their Iron Bundle usage was pretty similar. They hadn't used Arcanine or any other Intimidate pokemon at all either. So the plan was pretty simple; bring physical attackers and special bulk. Screens Scream Tail makes a return here to help get screens up and ensure I'm ok against any Abomasnow Fangame might have brought. Ting-Lu and Assualt Vest Palafin play into the theme of the team. Tera Psychic Zen Headbutt helps snipe Amoonguss and also lets Palafin be useful in Psychic Terrain. Indeedee with Palafin seems like poor synergy but I basically never had terrain up when I wanted to Jet Punch in testing and I didn't really care as much about my general matchups as the Cold Crew had been building super similar teams, even by SV standards.

Fangame ended up completely mixing up what he brought and didn't bring Chi-Yu or Iron Bundle. I tried to Tera Fairy and Howl turn 1 to remove Great Tusk immediately, since it was the biggest threat to my team, but unfortunately Fangame decided to try the yellow magic and it worked out for him. This time not being Weakness Policy on Armarouge cost me rather than being Life Orb and Fangame went for the yellow magic in Trick Room. At the time I was really mad about this game, I actually walked out of the room on the turn where Armarouge got fully paralysed, but fortunately things went well for the rest of the team and this loss was forgotten pretty quickly.

Grand Finals vs Robjr
:iron hands: :gholdengo: :scream tail: :indeedee-f: :armarouge: :iron bundle:

The thoughts behind this week was much the same as any: how do I make Swords Dance Iron Hands win and how do I not lose to Swords Dance Iron Hands? Based on the Thieves' scout their main Iron Hands check was Amoonguss so I wanted to go with Tera Fire Fire Punch but I changed it at the last minute since the rest of the team was quite strong into Amoonguss with Gholdengo as an option as a setup pokemon against Amoonguss. I went with Baton Pass Scream Tail to hopefully get some surprise factor and to boost up my Iron Hands/Gholdengo safely. I used Scarf Iron Bundle with Weakness Policy Weak Armor Armarouge to get a boost off before Booster Energy Roaring Moon could attack and to be faster than other Iron Bundle after they had lost their Booster Energy boosts.

In the game I lost Iron Bundle turn 1 to an Icy Wind miss. In a way it was more frustrating seeing Glimmora not having a Focus Sash, since I could just have used Flip Turn on Armarouge and possibly just won on turn 1. After that I made some sub-optimal plays Baton Passing into Gholdengo instead of Iron Hands when I had a full HP Safety Goggles Indeedee on the field and got some bad RNG with Red Card forcing out Iron Hands instead of Scream Tail and getting a 3 turn sleep. As for the series it didn't really matter too much considering GenOne got super lucky against GrandmasCookin, so we can't really complain about hax. It was definitely a disappointing end for my season to have both of my finals games go the way they did but I enjoyed the season overall despite the meta being pretty awful, so I guess that says a lot about the team environment the Storms had.

Thanks to all the Storms members for being good teammates and helping with prep. Also a big thanks to everyone who joined the Storms discord once their teams had been eliminated, it's something you do for no benefit of your own and basically no credit so it's always much appreciated when people do that.

Team dump for my favorite teams

Maushold screens
:grimmsnarl::iron-hands::maushold-four::chi-yu::hatterene::gholdengo:
Grimmsnarl lives Choice Specs Make it Rain with a Light Screen up.

Maushold balance
:ting-lu::arcanine::amoonguss::maushold::dragapult::iron-hands:
Iron Hands lives Adamant Headlong Rush, Arcanine always lives Extreme Speed from Tera Normal Choice Band Dragonite with Swords of Ruin up.

Bulky Hazard Stack
:ting-lu::wo-chien::iron-moth::tauros-paldea-aqua::scream-tail::dragonite:
It's only fun for you

Jumpluff Sun
:torkoal::jumpluff::brute-bonnet::walking-wake::great-tusk::chi-yu:
Torkoal lives Power Gem from Glimmora

JR-Hail
:iron-bundle::abomasnow::hatterene::iron-hands::glimmora::arcanine:
A take on the DPL JRL team. Arcanine lives Hydro Pump into Chi-yu Snarl.

Garchomp offense
:garchomp::rotom-heat::iron-jugulis::chi-yu::iron-hands::iron-bundle:
Iron Hands outspeeds Chi-yu in Tailwind

Desert Leaves
:chi-yu::iron-bundle::indeedee-f::tyranitar::iron-leaves::gholdengo:
There are better and there are worse teams out there than this.

Boring Weakness Policy Iron Hands offense
:glimmora::arcanine::chien-pao::dragonite::iron-hands::iron-bundle:

Weakness Policy Dragonite Screens
:grimmsnarl::dragonite::chien-pao::sylveon::great-tusk::glimmora:
The team has no Amoonguss switchin lmao.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I realize I never did my DPL team dump, and well that's just too bad! I'll post those later. I think.

Anyway, now that Home is here, I'd like to post the only team you will ever need: I Can't Believe It's Not XY!
:sv/roaring_moon: :sv/landorus-therian: :sv/thundurus: :sv/volcanion: :sv/diancie: :sv/amoonguss:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Acrobatics
- Throat Chop
- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 16 SpD / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Snarl
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Covert Cloak
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Pollen Puff
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog

This should be pretty self explanatory - it's just six good Pokemon. That being said, Lando-T's EV spread is cool. 200 Speed Adamant outruns max Adamant Rillaboom (and by extension Modest Gholdengo), the HP and SpDef guarantee you live Timid Specs Chi-Yu Heat Wave after Stealth Rock, and the Attack will 2HKO Iron Hands with Stomping Tantrum (and it does exactly half to something else, but I've forgotten what).

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:urshifu::landorus-therian::tornadus::volcanion::diancie::amoonguss:

So this team is similar to Arcticblast's version but replaces Thundurus-I and Roaring Moon with Tornadus-I and Urshifu Single-strike.

The basic idea is that you just click Tailwind and Tera Dark on Urshifu and proceed to one-shot everything that isn't a resist with Wicked Blow. Diancie, Amoonguss and somewhat Volcanion help the matchup versus Trick Room teams, but overall this six just feels like a really solid 6 goodstuffs team.

I've won two roomtours with it so far, see below for replays. There's probably room to optimize the sets btw, but overall this has been working plenty well for me.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1874509905
(^ this one had thundy > torn, but torn is better)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1874514542
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1874521411
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1874531472
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1874533860
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1874535610
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1874538348

Last edited:

Teals

Banned deucer.
Since everyone is sharing initial builds of things I figured I'd do the same. I know i'm not the the first to build it but i'm gonna be the first to post it. I present generic rain.

:Basculegion: :pelipper: :tornadus: :tsareena: :urshifu: :chien-pao:
https://pokepast.es/03d4a3a5b4c9546a

basically i just took standard rain build and just added the brokens to it. fish is awesome late game cleaner for rain teams and urshifu is just plain unfair. tsar has enough attack to ohko urshifu-r with power whip but investing more in attack for ohko on reg urshifu isn't worth imo. your tr counterplay is in the form of taunt on tsar or torn, but usually i just try to overpower shit with urshifu. team won a team tour and only lost 1 game i believe since using it. no replays because i wasn't thinking about sharing till now

got top 10 on ladder using 2 versions of the CHALK + Palafin archetype, I am not crazy enough to keep going over the horamir alts. Going to post some general thoughts on the mons I've used.

:cresselia: Cresselia is really irritating. I'm not sure exactly how viable it is (somewhere between T1-3!) but it's easily able to stay on the field for 10+ turns and spam Lunar Blessing + other support moves. It's virtually unkillable without using the strongest moves in the format, and if those moves fail to do so, it threatens immediate speed control in Trick Room/TWave/Icy Wind. If you aren't using Trick Room, it's very strong to have Cresselia be faster than some of your Pokemon (on the latter team, Palafin and Landorus-T) to cure status like Sleep before they move. Tera choice is interesting and very team dependent - Dark gives you an immunity to Prankster Taunt + Ghost resistance, Steel lets you wall Ursaluna much more comfortably, and Fairy is the best "all-around" type.

:ursaluna: Bear is bear. Ursaluna + Cress is absolutely filthy. This is on my mind for the June 11th quickban slate. Jesus fucking christ it's melmetal 3.0 with a built in choice band and status immunity

:heatran: Definitely the Pokemon I underestimated the most coming into this release. Tera Grass flips its weaknesses nearly perfectly and still retains Flash Fire. For item choice, Assault Vest has a phenomenal matchup into Flutter/Chi-Yu and lets you fit all the coverage moves you need. Heavy Slam is an option over Flash Cannon to OHKO almost any Flutter Mane.

:thundurus: Thund has been okay. There are plenty of Pokemon (Iron Hands, Ursaluna, Cresselia, Amoong, Landorus) that can very safely ignore everything it wants to do, and the Gen 7 Prankster nerf severely hurts its matchup into offense. I don't recommend the exact version of the second team too much, just put Amoong over Thund.

Last edited:
Kleavor is fun and I wanted to run something besides the typical genie/ursaroom stuff. ladder doesnt mean a whole lot but top 5, right under horamir alts lol,

1685740966018.png

kleavor/ting-lu hazards
1685740411987.png1685740442156.png1685740470952.png1685740500622.png1685740516547.png1685740546446.png

• Ting lu just vibes on the field, heavy slam threatens flutter, so I run it over dual STAB, tho throat chop may be better still. I also like AV but leftovers lets u phaze and protect.

• Kleavor is real interesting, its typing isn't the worst defensively and it can ohko genies not named landorus while also setting rocks. stab u-turn is part of why i like scarf, but there's probably better sets. worth noting adamant doesn't outspeed chien-pao so if thats a concern go jolly. functions as a decent late game cleaner too so dont feel obligated to lead with him.

• Mew lost fake out but still has enough utility to be viable imo. trick room is mainly used against offensive teams but isn't usually set, tho this may be due to the number of ursaroom teams im running into.

• Flutter outspeeds 111 base by a bit, dumped into hp and ran enough spa to get it boosted. pixie plate might be better.

• Volcanion does what he's always done, amoongus switch-in and deals with rain, which can be a difficult matchup.

• Hands is used as a pivot here but an sd set might also work. I run low kick since it hits ursa hard and doesnt drop defenses so you can survive an eq. most things I want to hit tend to be heavy anyway? The speed evs are there just to outspeed other hands.

here's a replay against ursa tr just as an example.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
n10sit playing a new meta for 2 weeks until he gets bored again: bear edition

I think there is a serious case for Cress > Giraffe on this comp, and perhaps going EQ over either SD or HLR on the big bear. I'm on the fence about whether bear is broken or not fwiw, I've found that people have answers to it more often than not despite its huge damage pressure, and common duos like Flutter and Torn provide your opponent with ample switch in opportunities. Even if they only get one right, that burns a turn of TR which can be huge. Anyway, this is really straightforward to pilot hard room. One of the advantages of potentially being cress > giraffe is you have a lot more survivability, in exchange for having a more offensive amoonguss answer.

team ive been using its been quite fun just wanted to mess around

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 100 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Murkrow @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Protect

Chien-Pao @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Sacred Sword
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Moltres-Galar @ Life Orb
Ability: Berserk
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Fiery Wrath
- Memento
- Shadow Ball
- Ancient Power

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam
- Lunar Blessing
- Light Screen

Goodra-Hisui (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 200 HP / 4 Atk / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 24 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Bulldoze
- Draco Meteor
- Iron Head
- Steel Beam
lead murkrow and gyarados, use dragon dance and trick room and thats you set up for the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)