Metagame SV Doubles Little Cup

Hey what's up everyone! I'm going to make a couple of nominations since I'm out of the kickoff tour now. This gen is really fun to play and I'll be looking forward to playing it again!

:larvesta: T4 to T3 - I've been using the cm set with stabs(heatwave/bug buzz) in kickoff and it does well into the meta. Threatens psychic types like Girafarig, Gothita, mons that like to run substitute, and hits everything for super effective damage or neutral damage to every mon in tiers 1-3 except for Wingull, Glimmet, and Growlith. Also does well of dealing with hail spam. It does have some trouble with Mudbray but Tera Water helps out with that.

:tinkatink: T2 to T1 - This mon is absurd. I had the most trouble dealing with this mon than anything else in the tier. It has a great typing(fairy/steel), Fake Out + Feint, Play Rough is a great stab to have, and the coveted Knock Off. Using Tera on it can make it even more difficult to handle. Knock Off is what makes it tier 1 for me. I would lose Eviolite on at least 2-3 mons every time I played against it and mons like Foongus, Girafarig, Misdreavus, and opposing Tinkatink really hate losing it.

:dratini: UR to T5 - CB Extreme Speed is pretty fun to use with Tera Normal or you could use a Dragon Dance set with Life Orb to switch moves or Eviolite for the bulk. Shed Skin is a nice ability as well to get rid of burns and sleep. It can be kinda underwhelming but if its paired with knockoff users and mons that learn howl then it can be effective.

As for teams, I really enjoyed using this team throughout the tour:
:foongus: :mudbray: :larvesta: :meditite: :girafarig: :tinkatink:

I used the first 5 mons on almost every Trick Room team I played with in the tour and had a different mon as the 6th(tinkatink, pawniard, rufflet) depending on what my opponent liked to used but i think Tinkatink is the best mon to round out the team with fake out support and knock off. Larvesta is the MVP of this team. It carried me so much in all my games and would pretty much clean house with 1 cm set up. Meditite with bulk up was also another deadly sweeper on the team. I messed around with life orb variants as well but I felt more comfortable using Eviolite on it. Foongus with pollen puff/rage powder/spore is broken lol. Its teammates would never die because of pollen puff and redirection. Its very integral to the team. Girafarig is the best mon to get trick room up because of its ability Inner Focus and bulk with Eviolite. Tera Dark is useful against prankster users and to weaken damage from dark type attacks that would otherwise threaten it. Mudbray sets up rocks and is 1 of the best mons in the tier.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and I'll be looking forward to the meta development in Seasonals.

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
:MISDREAVUS: :MISDREAVUS: :MISDREAVUS:

The first Doubles Little Cup suspect of the generation should be a surprise to no one paying attention. A tried and true Pokemon which was once a top-tier mainstay is now instead up for debate to be removed from the tier. Boasting a distinguished 19 Speed and a desirable Ghost- typing and helpful ability, Misdreavus is a unique face in the tier. With a well-appreciated move pool and a handful of mechanics working in its favor, not using Misdreavus is awfully difficult.

Misdreavus has a notourious bulky stats combined with a rather great Speed stat to burn and weaken many Pokemon with Will-o-Wisp, making Misdreavus be a notorious wall for physical attackers on top of its obvious offensive power. With an all together limited distribution of Knock Off and continued nonexistence of Pursuit, Misdreavus and the rest of the Ghost-types have fairly desirable defensive profiles. Additionally, common offensive resources for difficult-to-manage threats do not apply to Misdreavus, which cannot be trapped by Gothita. On the defensive end, Misdreavus can burn and Hex through many Pokemon when given the chance. Will-o-Wisp and Hex are so good against most of the tier that Misdreavus has flexibility with its final moves. To note the most disruptive, these include Trick Room for supporting other Pokémon, Icy Wind for a great help in speed control, and Taunt for disrupting defensive checks such as Foongus to name a few. Life Orb Misdreavus remains another noted threat which immediately pressures teams, with Nasty Plot sets lurking as additional considerations in the builder.

Tera transformations and types are a dynamic piece of the game, with Misdreavus the mechanic can serve both defensive and offensive purposes. Most offensive Pokemon can leverage offensive-minded Teras and this is hardly worth noting. When used successfully, Misdreavus can demolish would-be checks. However, when used too soon, the loss of Misdreavus's typing can be a detriment though the trade-off is worth it more often than not. These aspects are true enough of many offensive threats when supported by Teras, but as a reminder, this is a holistic suspect on Misdreavud where we are asking the question: Is Misdreavus broken?

The voting requirements are a minimum GXE of 66 with at least 40 games played. In addition, you may play 1 less game for every 0.2 GXE you have above 66 GXE, down to a minimum of 20 games at a GXE of 72. As always, needing more than 50 games to reach 78 GXE is fine.

GXEminimum games

For this suspect test, we will be using the regular SV Doubles LC ladder, so you must create a new account that begins with "MISDLC" to qualify. When you have reached the requirements, click here to post your proof. Misdreavus will be legal on the ladder until the suspect is over. The suspect period will end on Sunday, April 16th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

When posting in this thread, please keep in mind these rules:
1. No one-liners or uninformed posts.
2. No discussion on other potential suspects or the suspect process.
3. Be respectful.

Your post will be deleted and possibly infracted if you fail to follow them.

Last edited:
On Misdreavus:

Misdreavus has been meta-defining this generation. At level 5, it has the 3rd highest special attack, 2nd highest special defense, and 2nd highest speed stat. While not as high as the other stats, its HP and Defense are still at par, if not slightly above. Misdreavus' "physical weakness" is further negated because it has access to Will-o-Wisp and is commonly paired up with partner Pokemon carrying the Intimidate ability. On top of that, Misdreavus is immune to three of the most common physical typings: Normal, Fighting, and Ground.

Making matters worse, the three strongest physical attackers, Rufflet, Meditite, and Mudbray, all struggle against Misdreavus. All three are slower than Misdreavus, meaning they are already at risk of getting burned but cannot carry a lum berry without being OHKO'd by Misdreavus using Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, or Energy Ball. Even if these mons manage to avoid getting burned, they can only effectively hit Misdreavus by using Tera Blast dark/ghost, which means committing to a less-than-ideal Tera for the match. The only physical attacker that has had much success checking Misdreavus is Pawniard. However, Misdreavus sets have adapted to this by using fairy, dark, or fighting Tera types to check Pawniard and other dark types lurking around. Because of the threat of Tera (since Misdreavus is usually an ideal Tera target), Pawniard normally has to resort to using Sucker Punch and pray Misdreavus doesn't Will-o-Wisp instead or defensively Tera to avoid being ohko'd by Tera fire or fighting from Misdreavus. And because of Misdreavus' natural bulk, Pawniard will not OHKO eviolite Misdreavus using sucker punch, even with max attack and no defensive investment without Tera dark or another boost.

There are ways to check Misdreavus, but most involve using Misdreavus. So many games come down to who's Misdreavus dies first and who's Misdreavus can hit the other better with their selected Tera. Besides Pawniard, Impidimp can use thunder wave and dark pulse, but it is weak to dazzling gleam (common on Misdreavus) and cannot t-wave a dark or electric Tera Misdreavus, which are two of the most popular. Zorua-Hisui is probably the best check besides Pawniard, thanks to its access to Knock Off and STAB ghost while also immune to ghost moves. However, tera-Dark Misdreavus can almost always revenge kill it the next turn. There are some checks that have yet to be fully explored, like Houndour (which I predict will see a rise in usage thanks to other recently added mons.) Sadly, the most consistent way to check Misdreavus is by using Misdreavus with some support. Prankster T-Wave + Hex or helping hand + shadow ball from Misdreavus are possibly the only way to OHKO Misdreavus without boosting stats beforehand. Usually, it takes multiple Pokemon hitting Misdreavus over multiple turns for it to die.

I have heard that the main argument for keeping Misdreavus legal is that it keeps Girafarig in check. While it does keep Girafarig from being too powerful, it invalidates far more good Pokemon that do not get a chance in the meta because of how bad a matchup they have against Misdreavus.
Trick Room struggles because it is not only hard to set up Trick Room in front of a mon that you cannot fake out, has access to imprison-Trick Room, usually takes more than four turns to remove from the field, and hits every trick room setter extremely hard. There is only one mon in the meta with access to Trick Room that is neither a Psychic nor Ghost type.
Besides Zorua-Hisui and the occasional gimmicky Drifloon, ghost types do not exist because of Misdreavus. Every legal ghost type can fill a good niche when used correctly, but none of them get the chance because of how they match up against Misdreavus.

Last edited:
On Misdreavus:

Misdreavus has been meta-defining this generation. At level 5, it has the 3rd highest special attack, 2nd highest special defense, and 2nd highest speed stat. While not as high as the other stats, its HP and Defense are still at par, if not slightly above. Misdreavus' "physical weakness" is further negated because it has access to Will-o-Wisp and is commonly paired up with partner Pokemon carrying the Intimidate ability. On top of that, Misdreavus is immune to three of the most common physical typings: Normal, Fighting, and Ground.

Making matters worse, the three strongest physical attackers, Rufflet, Meditite, and Mudbray, all struggle against Misdreavus. All three are slower than Misdreavus, meaning they are already at risk of getting burned but cannot carry a lum berry without being OHKO'd by Misdreavus using Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, or Energy Ball. Even if these mons manage to avoid getting burned, they can only effectively hit Misdreavus by using Tera Blast dark/ghost, which means committing to a less-than-ideal Tera for the match. The only physical attacker that has had much success checking Misdreavus is Pawniard. However, Misdreavus sets have adapted to this by using fairy, dark, or fighting Tera types to check Pawniard and other dark types lurking around. Because of the threat of Tera (since Misdreavus is usually an ideal Tera target), Pawniard normally has to resort to using Sucker Punch and pray Misdreavus doesn't Will-o-Wisp instead or defensively Tera not to run the risk of being ohko'd by Tera fire or fighting from Misdreavus. And because of Misdreavus' natural bulk, Pawniard will not OHKO eviolite Misdreavus using sucker punch, even with max attack and no defensive investment without Tera dark or another boost.

There are ways to check Misdreavus, but most involve using Misdreavus. So many games come down to who's Misdreavus dies first and who's Misdreavus can hit the other better with their selected Tera. Besides Pawniard, Impidimp can use thunder wave and dark pulse, but it is weak to dazzling gleam (common on Misdreavus) and cannot t-wave a dark or electric Tera Misdreavus, which are two of the most popular. Zorua-Hisui is probably the best check besides Pawniard, thanks to its access to Knock Off and STAB ghost while also immune to ghost moves. However, tera-Dark Misdreavus can almost always revenge kill it the next turn. There are some checks that have yet to be fully explored, like Houndour (which I predict will see a rise in usage thanks to other recently added mons.) Sadly, the most consistent way to check Misdreavus is by using Misdreavus with some support. Prankster T-Wave + Hex or helping hand + shadow ball from Misdreavus are possibly the only way to OHKO Misdreavus without boosting stats beforehand. Usually, it takes multiple Pokemon hitting Misdreavus over multiple turns for it to die.

I have heard that the main argument for keeping Misdreavus legal is that it keeps Girafarig in check. While it does keep Girafarig from being too powerful, it invalidates far more good Pokemon that do not get a chance in the meta because of how bad a matchup they have against Misdreavus.
Trick Room struggles because it is not only hard to set up Trick Room in front of a mon that you cannot fake out, has access to imprison-Trick Room, usually takes more than four turns to remove from the field, and hits every trick room setter extremely hard. There is only one mon in the meta with access to Trick Room that is neither a Psychic nor Ghost type.
Besides Zorua-Hisui and the occasional gimmicky Drifloon, ghost types do not exist because of Misdreavus. Every legal ghost type can fill a good niche when used correctly, but none of them get the chance because of how they match up against Misdreavus.
I can't remember the last time I've had a game come down to missy vs missy. Tinkatink is a mon missy has a tough time with, as are pawniard and most normal types outside of some girafarig sets. The 4 moveslot issue it has is also pretty big. It can't run all of icy wind, trick room, shadow ball, gleam, protect, and other coverage. Each individual missy set does have different counterplay, but the consistency of answers like tinkatink and weather teams keep it in check, for the most part. Missy is an equivalent of aegislash in gen 6. It is counterable, but it is quite a strong mon that is consistent on every team. I don't think we should repeat the mistake of banning a perfectly fine ghost type because it's on a lot of teams, due to the anarchy that would result from a ban.

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
After a very close vote, 59% of eligible voters voted Ban, just short of the needed 60% threshold. Therefore, Misdreavus stays legal in Doubles LC! Thanks to everyone who participated in our first ladder suspect! We will be following how the tier evolves from here, and with Home expected to come very soon, stay tuned for potentially many new things yet to come to the tier!
Tagging Marty and Kris to implement this pls and ty. (nvm i miscalced sorry for the tag guys, its still legal since the % is 59.09% not 60 mb)

Screenshot_20230423_022602_Sheets.jpg

Thanks to everyone who took part in the suspect one way or another.

Last edited:
Winter Seasonal #2 Usage Stats
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokémon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Misdreavus         |  165 |  60.66% |  55.15% |
| 2    | Foongus            |  144 |  52.94% |  51.39% |
| 3    | Mudbray            |  131 |  48.16% |  51.15% |
| 4    | Tinkatink          |   92 |  33.82% |  46.74% |
| 5    | Growlithe          |   76 |  27.94% |  60.53% |
| 6    | Wattrel            |   73 |  26.84% |  52.05% |
| 7    | Meditite           |   71 |  26.10% |  46.48% |
| 8    | Girafarig          |   70 |  25.74% |  62.86% |
| 8    | Wingull            |   70 |  25.74% |  48.57% |
| 10   | Pawniard           |   49 |  18.01% |  46.94% |
| 11   | Shroodle           |   48 |  17.65% |  33.33% |
| 12   | Gothita            |   47 |  17.28% |  51.06% |
| 13   | Rufflet            |   38 |  13.97% |  55.26% |
| 14   | Snover             |   34 |  12.50% |  64.71% |
| 15   | Finneon            |   31 |  11.40% |  58.06% |
| 16   | Glimmet            |   29 |  10.66% |  34.48% |
| 17   | Impidimp           |   25 |   9.19% |  64.00% |
| 18   | Toedscool          |   24 |   8.82% |  58.33% |
| 19   | Shellos-East       |   23 |   8.46% |  60.87% |
| 19   | Larvesta           |   23 |   8.46% |  34.78% |
| 21   | Flittle            |   21 |   7.72% |  57.14% |
| 22   | Cubchoo            |   18 |   6.62% |  55.56% |
| 22   | Maschiff           |   18 |   6.62% |  44.44% |
| 24   | Drifloon           |   17 |   6.25% |  35.29% |
| 24   | Mankey             |   17 |   6.25% |  35.29% |
| 26   | Bramblin           |   16 |   5.88% |  56.25% |
| 27   | Cetoddle           |   15 |   5.51% |  46.67% |
| 27   | Charmander         |   15 |   5.51% |  40.00% |
| 29   | Houndour           |   14 |   5.15% |  78.57% |
| 29   | Diglett            |   14 |   5.15% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Hippopotas         |   13 |   4.78% |  30.77% |
| 32   | Salandit           |   11 |   4.04% |  54.55% |
| 32   | Magnemite          |   11 |   4.04% |  27.27% |
| 34   | Makuhita           |   10 |   3.68% |  70.00% |
| 34   | Zorua-Hisui        |   10 |   3.68% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Buizel             |   10 |   3.68% |  30.00% |
| 37   | Numel              |    9 |   3.31% |  55.56% |
| 38   | Slowpoke           |    8 |   2.94% |  75.00% |
| 39   | Surskit            |    7 |   2.57% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Grimer             |    7 |   2.57% |  71.43% |
| 39   | Fletchling         |    7 |   2.57% |  28.57% |
| 39   | Voltorb            |    7 |   2.57% |  14.29% |
| 39   | Riolu              |    7 |   2.57% |  14.29% |
| 39   | Gastly             |    7 |   2.57% |   0.00% |
| 45   | Drowzee            |    6 |   2.21% |  50.00% |
| 45   | Shellos            |    6 |   2.21% |  33.33% |
| 45   | Bronzor            |    6 |   2.21% |  16.67% |
| 48   | Croagunk           |    5 |   1.84% |  60.00% |
| 49   | Axew               |    4 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Fuecoco            |    4 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Azurill            |    4 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Scorbunny          |    3 |   1.10% |  66.67% |
| 52   | Crabrawler         |    3 |   1.10% |  66.67% |
| 52   | Igglybuff          |    3 |   1.10% |  33.33% |
| 52   | Arrokuda           |    3 |   1.10% |  33.33% |
| 52   | Psyduck            |    3 |   1.10% |  33.33% |
| 52   | Mareanie           |    3 |   1.10% |  33.33% |
| 52   | Sandile            |    3 |   1.10% |  33.33% |
| 52   | Stunky             |    3 |   1.10% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Cyndaquil          |    3 |   1.10% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Frigibax           |    2 |   0.74% |  50.00% |
| 61   | Quaxly             |    2 |   0.74% |  50.00% |
| 61   | Meowth             |    2 |   0.74% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Finizen            |    2 |   0.74% |   0.00% |
| 65   | Meowth-Galar       |    1 |   0.37% | 100.00% |
| 65   | Zorua              |    1 |   0.37% | 100.00% |
| 65   | Fomantis           |    1 |   0.37% | 100.00% |
| 65   | Scatterbug         |    1 |   0.37% |   0.00% |
| 65   | Cacnea             |    1 |   0.37% |   0.00% |
| 65   | Venonat            |    1 |   0.37% |   0.00% |
| 65   | Litleo             |    1 |   0.37% |   0.00% |
| 65   | Varoom             |    1 |   0.37% |   0.00% |
| 65   | Capsakid           |    1 |   0.37% |   0.00% |
| 65   | Petilil            |    1 |   0.37% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   40 |  58.82% |  65.00% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   37 |  54.41% |  51.35% |
| 3    | Foongus            |   34 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Tinkatink          |   22 |  32.35% |  59.09% |
| 5    | Growlithe          |   21 |  30.88% |  57.14% |
| 6    | Wattrel            |   20 |  29.41% |  40.00% |
| 7    | Meditite           |   18 |  26.47% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Girafarig          |   17 |  25.00% |  52.94% |
| 9    | Wingull            |   14 |  20.59% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Gothita            |   13 |  19.12% |  61.54% |
| 10   | Pawniard           |   13 |  19.12% |  46.15% |
| 10   | Shroodle           |   13 |  19.12% |  30.77% |
| 13   | Finneon            |   11 |  16.18% |  45.45% |
| 14   | Snover             |   10 |  14.71% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Rufflet            |    9 |  13.24% |  55.56% |
| 15   | Glimmet            |    9 |  13.24% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Toedscool          |    5 |   7.35% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Cubchoo            |    5 |   7.35% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Shellos            |    5 |   7.35% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Buizel             |    5 |   7.35% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Bramblin           |    5 |   7.35% |  20.00% |
| 17   | Drifloon           |    5 |   7.35% |  20.00% |
| 23   | Impidimp           |    4 |   5.88% |  75.00% |
| 23   | Hippopotas         |    4 |   5.88% |  50.00% |
| 23   | Voltorb            |    4 |   5.88% |  25.00% |
| 23   | Mankey             |    4 |   5.88% |  25.00% |
| 23   | Riolu              |    4 |   5.88% |  25.00% |
| 28   | Shellos-East       |    3 |   4.41% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Maschiff           |    3 |   4.41% |  66.67% |
| 28   | Arrokuda           |    3 |   4.41% |  33.33% |
| 31   | Houndour           |    2 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Surskit            |    2 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Makuhita           |    2 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Croagunk           |    2 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Charmander         |    2 |   2.94% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Larvesta           |    2 |   2.94% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Salandit           |    2 |   2.94% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Diglett            |    2 |   2.94% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Scorbunny          |    2 |   2.94% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Psyduck            |    2 |   2.94% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Gastly             |    2 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Axew               |    2 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Fuecoco            |    2 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Azurill            |    2 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Finizen            |    2 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Meowth-Galar       |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Zorua              |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Frigibax           |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Numel              |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Grimer             |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Flittle            |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Cetoddle           |    1 |   1.47% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Magnemite          |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Bronzor            |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Meowth             |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Scatterbug         |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Igglybuff          |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Cacnea             |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Fletchling         |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Venonat            |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Stunky             |    1 |   1.47% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   42 |  65.62% |  57.14% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   32 |  50.00% |  56.25% |
| 3    | Foongus            |   28 |  43.75% |  53.57% |
| 4    | Tinkatink          |   27 |  42.19% |  44.44% |
| 5    | Wattrel            |   16 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Girafarig          |   15 |  23.44% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Wingull            |   15 |  23.44% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Meditite           |   15 |  23.44% |  53.33% |
| 6    | Shroodle           |   15 |  23.44% |  26.67% |
| 10   | Growlithe          |   13 |  20.31% |  69.23% |
| 10   | Gothita            |   13 |  20.31% |  53.85% |
| 12   | Snover             |   12 |  18.75% |  83.33% |
| 13   | Finneon            |    9 |  14.06% |  44.44% |
| 14   | Rufflet            |    8 |  12.50% |  62.50% |
| 14   | Maschiff           |    8 |  12.50% |  37.50% |
| 16   | Toedscool          |    6 |   9.38% |  83.33% |
| 16   | Cubchoo            |    6 |   9.38% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Cetoddle           |    6 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Pawniard           |    6 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Larvesta           |    6 |   9.38% |  16.67% |
| 21   | Impidimp           |    5 |   7.81% |  80.00% |
| 21   | Glimmet            |    5 |   7.81% |  40.00% |
| 21   | Shellos-East       |    5 |   7.81% |  40.00% |
| 21   | Hippopotas         |    5 |   7.81% |  20.00% |
| 25   | Drifloon           |    4 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Buizel             |    4 |   6.25% |  25.00% |
| 25   | Magnemite          |    4 |   6.25% |  25.00% |
| 25   | Charmander         |    4 |   6.25% |  25.00% |
| 25   | Diglett            |    4 |   6.25% |  25.00% |
| 30   | Flittle            |    3 |   4.69% |  66.67% |
| 30   | Mankey             |    3 |   4.69% |  33.33% |
| 30   | Croagunk           |    3 |   4.69% |  33.33% |
| 30   | Bramblin           |    3 |   4.69% |  33.33% |
| 30   | Salandit           |    3 |   4.69% |  33.33% |
| 35   | Surskit            |    2 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Houndour           |    2 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Numel              |    2 |   3.12% |  50.00% |
| 35   | Voltorb            |    2 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Riolu              |    2 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Bronzor            |    2 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Axew               |    2 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Fuecoco            |    2 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Azurill            |    2 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Quaxly             |    1 |   1.56% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   1.56% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Makuhita           |    1 |   1.56% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Grimer             |    1 |   1.56% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   1.56% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Crabrawler         |    1 |   1.56% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Stunky             |    1 |   1.56% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Litleo             |    1 |   1.56% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Meowth             |    1 |   1.56% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Varoom             |    1 |   1.56% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Psyduck            |    1 |   1.56% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Fletchling         |    1 |   1.56% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Drowzee            |    1 |   1.56% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Tinkatink          |   11 |  61.11% |  45.45% |
| 2    | Wattrel            |    7 |  38.89% |  57.14% |
| 2    | Glimmet            |    7 |  38.89% |  57.14% |
| 2    | Foongus            |    7 |  38.89% |  42.86% |
| 5    | Larvesta           |    6 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Mudbray            |    6 |  33.33% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Gothita            |    5 |  27.78% |  60.00% |
| 7    | Misdreavus         |    5 |  27.78% |  40.00% |
| 9    | Shroodle           |    4 |  22.22% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Wingull            |    3 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Fletchling         |    3 |  16.67% |  66.67% |
| 10   | Drowzee            |    3 |  16.67% |  66.67% |
| 10   | Flittle            |    3 |  16.67% |  66.67% |
| 10   | Toedscool          |    3 |  16.67% |  66.67% |
| 10   | Girafarig          |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Pawniard           |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Mareanie           |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Sandile            |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Bronzor            |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Cetoddle           |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 21   | Mankey             |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Hippopotas         |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Shellos-East       |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Charmander         |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Salandit           |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Diglett            |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Magnemite          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Snover             |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Cubchoo            |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Drifloon           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Meditite           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |   18 |  52.94% |  55.56% |
| 2    | Foongus            |   17 |  50.00% |  58.82% |
| 3    | Misdreavus         |   16 |  47.06% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Tinkatink          |   15 |  44.12% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Wingull            |   10 |  29.41% |  30.00% |
| 6    | Growlithe          |    9 |  26.47% |  66.67% |
| 7    | Wattrel            |    8 |  23.53% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Meditite           |    8 |  23.53% |  12.50% |
| 9    | Girafarig          |    7 |  20.59% |  71.43% |
| 9    | Rufflet            |    7 |  20.59% |  42.86% |
| 11   | Shellos-East       |    6 |  17.65% |  66.67% |
| 12   | Snover             |    5 |  14.71% |  80.00% |
| 12   | Impidimp           |    5 |  14.71% |  80.00% |
| 12   | Gothita            |    5 |  14.71% |  40.00% |
| 12   | Glimmet            |    5 |  14.71% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Shroodle           |    4 |  11.76% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Flittle            |    4 |  11.76% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Larvesta           |    4 |  11.76% |  25.00% |
| 19   | Finneon            |    3 |   8.82% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Cubchoo            |    3 |   8.82% |  66.67% |
| 19   | Pawniard           |    3 |   8.82% |  66.67% |
| 19   | Mankey             |    3 |   8.82% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Magnemite          |    3 |   8.82% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Toedscool          |    3 |   8.82% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Maschiff           |    3 |   8.82% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Gastly             |    3 |   8.82% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Cetoddle           |    2 |   5.88% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Drowzee            |    2 |   5.88% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Charmander         |    2 |   5.88% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Hippopotas         |    2 |   5.88% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Bramblin           |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Fomantis           |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Crabrawler         |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Scorbunny          |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Surskit            |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Salandit           |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Diglett            |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Makuhita           |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Numel              |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Grimer             |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Drifloon           |    1 |   2.94% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Capsakid           |    1 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Stunky             |    1 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Fletchling         |    1 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Buizel             |    1 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Voltorb            |    1 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Riolu              |    1 |   2.94% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |    9 |  56.25% |  44.44% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |    7 |  43.75% |  57.14% |
| 2    | Foongus            |    7 |  43.75% |  42.86% |
| 4    | Wattrel            |    6 |  37.50% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Girafarig          |    5 |  31.25% |  80.00% |
| 5    | Shroodle           |    5 |  31.25% |  40.00% |
| 5    | Wingull            |    5 |  31.25% |  20.00% |
| 8    | Growlithe          |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Tinkatink          |    3 |  18.75% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Pawniard           |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Rufflet            |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Snover             |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Cubchoo            |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 14   | Meditite           |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Shellos-East       |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Toedscool          |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Larvesta           |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Makuhita           |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Drifloon           |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Mankey             |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Gothita            |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Surskit            |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Bramblin           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Houndour           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Finneon            |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Charmander         |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Salandit           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Diglett            |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Numel              |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Grimer             |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Gastly             |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Quaxly             |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Flittle            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Frigibax           |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Shellos            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Impidimp           |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Glimmet            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   17 |  77.27% |  41.18% |
| 2    | Foongus            |   11 |  50.00% |  54.55% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   11 |  50.00% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Tinkatink          |   10 |  45.45% |  40.00% |
| 5    | Meditite           |    8 |  36.36% |  37.50% |
| 6    | Girafarig          |    5 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Pawniard           |    5 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Wingull            |    5 |  22.73% |  40.00% |
| 6    | Growlithe          |    5 |  22.73% |  40.00% |
| 10   | Rufflet            |    4 |  18.18% |  75.00% |
| 10   | Shroodle           |    4 |  18.18% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Wattrel            |    4 |  18.18% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Drifloon           |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 13   | Mankey             |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 13   | Gothita            |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 13   | Maschiff           |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Diglett            |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 17   | Houndour           |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 17   | Toedscool          |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Makuhita           |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Numel              |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Grimer             |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Slowpoke           |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Impidimp           |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Flittle            |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Shellos-East       |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Charmander         |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Larvesta           |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Salandit           |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Surskit            |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Igglybuff          |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Bramblin           |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Finneon            |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Magnemite          |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Glimmet            |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Gastly             |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |    8 |  66.67% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Foongus            |    8 |  66.67% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Girafarig          |    5 |  41.67% |  80.00% |
| 3    | Misdreavus         |    5 |  41.67% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Wingull            |    5 |  41.67% |  40.00% |
| 3    | Growlithe          |    5 |  41.67% |  40.00% |
| 7    | Pawniard           |    4 |  33.33% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Rufflet            |    3 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Zorua-Hisui        |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Tinkatink          |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Shellos-East       |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Meditite           |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Gothita            |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Toedscool          |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Maschiff           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Wattrel            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Bramblin           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Houndour           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Finneon            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Glimmet            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Flittle            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Makuhita           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Numel              |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Grimer             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Shroodle           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Charmander         |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Larvesta           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Salandit           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Diglett            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   15 |  83.33% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Foongus            |   14 |  77.78% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Growlithe          |    9 |  50.00% |  77.78% |
| 4    | Wingull            |    7 |  38.89% |  57.14% |
| 4    | Mudbray            |    7 |  38.89% |  42.86% |
| 6    | Pawniard           |    6 |  33.33% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Meditite           |    6 |  33.33% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Wattrel            |    6 |  33.33% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Girafarig          |    6 |  33.33% |  66.67% |
| 10   | Houndour           |    3 |  16.67% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Bramblin           |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Finneon            |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Flittle            |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Impidimp           |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Cetoddle           |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Snover             |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Gothita            |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Rufflet            |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Magnemite          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Shellos-East       |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Petilil            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Fletchling         |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Charmander         |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Numel              |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Shroodle           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Drifloon           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Toedscool          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Crabrawler         |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Tinkatink          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Foongus            |   12 |  85.71% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   12 |  85.71% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Meditite           |    9 |  64.29% |  44.44% |
| 4    | Growlithe          |    6 |  42.86% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Impidimp           |    5 |  35.71% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Wattrel            |    5 |  35.71% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Girafarig          |    5 |  35.71% |  60.00% |
| 8    | Flittle            |    3 |  21.43% |  66.67% |
| 8    | Pawniard           |    3 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 8    | Mudbray            |    3 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 8    | Wingull            |    3 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 12   | Zorua-Hisui        |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Rufflet            |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Bramblin           |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Houndour           |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Finneon            |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Gothita            |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Cyndaquil          |    2 |  14.29% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Cetoddle           |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Snover             |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Igglybuff          |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Diglett            |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Foongus            |    6 | 100.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Growlithe          |    4 |  66.67% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |    4 |  66.67% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Pawniard           |    3 |  50.00% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Wingull            |    3 |  50.00% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Meditite           |    2 |  33.33% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Girafarig          |    2 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Mudbray            |    2 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Makuhita           |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Slowpoke           |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Tinkatink          |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Flittle            |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Impidimp           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Houndour           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Shroodle           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Charmander         |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Larvesta           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Finneon            |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |

Last edited:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Here again to bring some nominations in (of course this is just my opinion nothing to do with any official type of change to the vr).

1683197618280.png

RISES
:GIRAFARIG:Girafarig (to t1) - Tho not at the level of Misdreavus, Girafarig is far superior in all aspects compared to the tier 2 pokemon and thus shouldn't be placed in the same tier. It has to many sets and options for it to not be considered a meta defining pokemon.

:gothita:Gothita (to t1) - The sole ability of trapping is just to good to not consider Gothita a top 3 pokemon. It fits in pretty much any team, same way as the other 2 in my t1 visual. The amount of pressure and momentum that being trapped can drain is to big and should be considered in every game.

:zorua-hisui:Zorua-hisui (to t2) - Zorua-Hisui inmunity to Ghost- and Normal- type attacks is so good to pass imo and is sometimes key for you to have that ability to pull the illusion shenanigans in a battle to achieve victory.

:houndour:Houndour (to t2) - Houndour has been amazing lately for me, the ability to wall a lot of the top tier mons even after teras thanks to its 2 inmunities is super significant. It can also hit quite hard if wanted to.

:flittle:Flittle (to t2) - Flittle started being slept on but it has been annoying as hell in this seasonal and in recent tests it has been doing quite the work. Being a sweeper on its own but also being able to bypass boost to the millionade of special pokemon we have that lack that boost on speed/SpA is so big and is definetly a pokemon to watch for when building.

:bramblin:Bramblin (to t3) - Wind Rider is such a great ability that makes bramblin be able to wall so many thing that it would otherwise not wall like Wingull and Wattrel. It can last so long thanks to access to strengh sap and it hits kinda hard with priority shadow sneak + power whip.

:psyduck:Psyduck &:buizel:Buizel (to t3) - This two go together just because being honest you should never be using them together however they are both as great. They are both dependant of Rain being up but they can be issues for most teams if unprepared.

:zorua:Zorua (to t3) - Illusion shenanigans with a stab Knock Off is pretty good to have considering the top 3 pokemon are weak to it. The difference compared to the other Zorua is that despite this one having the stab on Knock Off, losing the inmunity to the Normal and Ghost attacks that could come your way is important imo.

:finneon: Finneon (to t3) - Finneon is so great and the only reason as to why i don't actually push it to t2 is because i'm not to sure just yet if the difference on speed with Wingull is that big of a deal for it to not make the jump or even switch places with Wingull. Storm Drain + Tailwind utility is appreciated but also has more bulk compared to Wingull and hits as hard.

:gimmighoul:Gimmighoul (to t3) - Gimmighoul has better stats than i would have initially thought of and can tank significant amount of hits. This coupled with great offensive stats and Nasty Plot it can get out of hand easily. And one could argue that if you don't let Trick Room to go up you can manage it easily. However with the ability it has and the naturfe of the tier with the intimidate around, Snarl from Growlithe and others it can be kind of tricky to handle as it gets a +1 on speed every time one those happen.

:cyndaquil:Cyndaquil (to t4) - Eruption goes brr. There's not a lot to explain here honestly, Eruption spam is valuable however it has issues due to it speed. You can run scarf on it but then you are not able to position yourself with Protect. We will see if the placing is due to changes but with how the tier is currently i don't see it doing any better than this.

:slowpoke:Slowpoke (to t4) - Slowpoke great bulk makes it a great trick room setter for a lot of teams. With it having a nice offensive stats aswell. Issue comes with wether you want Oblivious to be inmune to intimidate (you go physical with slowpoke) and taunt or Regenerator to have a bigger durability. Despite that little thing slowpoke is one of the best trick room setter, however being dark and ghost weak is the reason as to why i wouldnt push it yet to a higher tier since it needs to hard tera for it to not be focused and just die to the t1 pokemon.

:sandile: Sandile (to t4) - Fast dark type is valuable but when you combine that with intimidate and a secondary type which helps it not lose to tinkatin and not being walled by other prominent dark types like pawniard and houndour is significant.

:riolu: Riolu (to t4) - This shouldn't be t5 as it's a key part of both rain and sun teams giving them a lot of utility. What's change here compared to snover case is that i don't rank it on the same level as the t3 rain abuser basically because; 1- shroodle exists and does what it wants but a little bit better for various reasons, 2- it's not an auto weather setter and thus can be easily out performed.

:varoom: Varoom (to t5) - Varoom hits pretty hard and has a big unique niche under trick room on being inmune to Spore. It faces issues asif it gets burned it loses all its power, and you are forced to tera with it vs any mudbray. However the huge attack stat combined with both stabs hitting like a truck.

:clauncher: Clauncher (to t5) - Clauncher is pretty good is a pokemon that can break pretty easily with his hard hitting moves thanks to the ability (especially Dark Pulse if you Tera); while still somewhat bulky. Can also be used under trick room.

:igglybuff: Igglybuff (to t5) - This may look like the craziest of my nominations today but some of VGC people have been using iggly to bigger success than what i'd like to admit. The sole niche it has on being a perish song trapper with friend guard makes it in my point of view worth of being ranked despite this style not being as consistent as it would like to be (mainly abuses two of the 3 brokens).

DROPS
:impidimp: Impidimp (to t3) - Prankster Screens, Parting Shot and Thunder Wave are great and all but it lacks bulk/general offensive utility tomake the jump to what i understand as t2.

:rufflet: Rufflet (to t4) - This pokemon is the definition of inconsistency,when it hits is great but having to pray for a hit every time is not ideal. On top of that new mon Wattrel and both the 19 speed brokens make rufflet very hard to even try to land hits so is not in a great spot.

:meowth-galar: Meowth-Galar (to t5) -This one is great and i wouldnt mind it staying in t4, however tinkatink existing makes it harder to use, still has its use if you want your steel type to be more offensive.

:meowth: Meowth (to t5) - Fake out + Feint is hard to justify when the whole tier resolves around MIsdreavus. It still has damage to everything else in the tier but issues are there and thus it doesnt deserve a higher tier since its a situational mon.

:croagunk: Croagunk (to t5) -The speed kills croagunk, it still has great typing and utility but is very niche.

:mankey: Mankey (to t5) - Mankey has its issue with all 3 of the brokens in the tier. The 17 speed is great but with missy and girafe around is hard to exploit.

:gastly: Gastly (to t4) - Gastly is hard to justify ln teams when misdreavus exists and does what it wanta but better, is not like unusable or bad but is just not competing.

:magnemite: Magnemite (to t4) - Sadly this gen has not been very kind to mag so far as it struggles to fit on teams much. The big use of mudbray alongside a fast phazed metagame is not of the liking of magnemite sadly.

:shellos-east: Shellos (to t5) - Finneon existing makes shellos storm drain niche very hard. However its still a great bulky wincon.

Drop to unranked::bronzor: Bronzor, :cetoddle: Cetoddle, :cufant: Cufant.

This was all, i don't reveal more sets because LPL is currently on going and it would be bad for my team interests if i revealed info lol, however if you disagree with anything feel free to reply. Have a good reading and a reminder that we are having a VR slate at the start of this week so if you want to do your own nominations this is the time.

Last edited:

PigWarrior19

unmon connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
:Cetoddle: Cetoddle Tier 5 this little monster carried me in the ssnl I adore this mon but it's not very good because it lost slush rush and juice it's got incredible natural bulk with snow cloak and the newly buffed Snow giving it a ludicrous defense stat and has a solid attack stat for a belly drum user but has trouble setting up outside of hail vs a meta full of powerful special attackers once it's boosted it's surprisingly easy to handle with mons like :Growlithe: lowering Cetoddles attack with intimidate threatening wisp and :Misdreavus: being immune to Cetoddles best coverage move in EQ and being able to eat an ice shard like a champ and immediately threaten a wisp or a powerful shadow ball Cetoddle is really unexplored I hope it sees more usage
:Charmander: Charmander Tier 3 this monster is easily the best sun abuser solar power tera fire lo boosted heat wave in the sun ohkos almost everything in the tier without a defensive tera
:Numel: Numel tier 3/4 this mons so potent with Growth in sun and is amazing in TR proven by gasai in ssnl

Hello everyone! With the conclussion of the first 2023 Seasonal, and the LPL going for his 3rd week, it's time for another VR update! It has been three months since the last one so lets see how the meta has changed:

:girafarig: T2 -> T1
With the meta turning a little more offensive, Girafarig has risen as a powerful threat in many of the teams with his versatility and his ability to beat Misdreavus.
:houndour: T4 -> T2
Dark types have been the real winners of these last months, with Giraf and Missy being top meta, and the lack of Fighting mons, Dark mons have some real value on most of the teams
:flittle: T5 -> T2
Powerful set-up threat with access to Baton Pass, if you are not careful, it can 6-0ed your team.
:zorua-hisui: UR -> T2
Access to Knock Off, and a good Missy counter. His tricky ability can be very annoying.
:finneon: T4 -> T3
Very solid Pokemon that can fit in many teams, with good stats and access to Tailwind.
:bramblin: T4 -> T3
With Tailwind being omnipresent in every team, Bramblin has risen as a hit-harder Pokemon thanks to his ability
:larvesta: T4 -> T3
Another solid Pokemon with amazing stats, thanks to the Terastalization and his STAB combination is a pretty decent option.
:slowpoke: T5 -> T4
Very good on Trick Room teams thanks to his ability and STAB combination
:riolu: T5 -> T4
The weather setter you need on every weather team, brings a lot of support needed in these kind of teams (return Follow Me to this poor soul).
:buizel: T5 -> T4
Very dangerous Pokemon, you have to bring one or two resist or he will destroy your team. On the other side, he takes too much recoil from Wave Crash so he is not gonna sweep you.
:cyndaquil: UR -> T4
One of the best new additions, Eruption is such a powerful move, which makes Cyndaquil a real threat that can fish for some godlike matchups.
:charmander: T5 -> T4
Another sun abuser alongside Cyndaquil, Scarf Solar Power and spam moves
:gimmighoul: UR -> T5
This mon can become an absolute menace under TR thanks to his bulk and SpAtk, and access to Nasty Plot.
:igglybuff: UR -> T5
Very niche Pokemon on Perish Song teams, but it still does his job very well thanks to Friend Guard.
:varoom: UR -> T5
Its always nice to have another rare Steel mon as an option, good pivote with Parting Shot.
:clauncher: UR -> T5
Water types are not in their best moment, but Clauncher rises as an offensive option for some teams, with Mega Launcher it can hit like a truck.

:glimmet: T2 -> T3
With the rises in usage of Giraf and Pawniard, Glimmet has lost some presence. However it still can be dangerous with his hazard stacking and his sky-high SpAtk.
:impidimp: T2 -> T3
Impidimp has been seing less and less since tge beggining of the tier. But he is still the best screener and Prankster abuser of the tier.
:rufflet: T2 -> T3
This is probably the most shocking one. Truth is that Rufflet nowadays is not even the best third Tailwind setter of the tier, and his ability makes some players reluctant to play him... Still his raw power is only surpassed by probably meditite, we will see if he can bounce back into the tier in another different role maybe.
:magnemite: T3 -> T4
The main disadvantaged of the loss of Berry Juice. Wattrel is just a superior Electric mon.
:gastly: T3 -> T4
A fantastic Pokemon, sadly eclipsed in almost everything by Misdreavus. There is no point in playing him when Missy exists.
:shellos: T4 -> T5
Finneon has risen as a better Storm Drain user, still has its niche with some interesting sets.
:salandit: T4 -> T5
There are just better Fire mons, still has the Fake Out niche.
:meowth-galar: T4 -> T5
Even as a Steel Type, it still lacks something so people does not use him a lot.
:grimer: T4 -> T5
Good TR hitter but there are better options.
:croagunk: T3 -> T5
Another Pokemon with many options in his set that has fallen due to the Missy-Giraf dominance.
:mankey: T4 -> T5
Defiant is still interesting.
:diglett: T4 -> T5
Too squishy to actually do what he is supposed to do.
:meowth: T4 -> T5
Niche Pokemon by excelence.
:sandygast: T5 -> UR
Ghost type with no options in the tier.
:deerling: T5 -> UR
Serene Grace + Headbutt has not been enough apparently.
:cufant: T5 -> UR
There are better TR options.
:bronzor: T5 -> UR
Outclassed by many other support mons.

Also, some updates from the council. Nurul has stepped down from the council, we thank him from everything he has done for this tier, one of the few players that has stick around since the SM times, and I personally hope to keep seeing him around here.
On the other hand, lets welcome our new incorporations Bless and PigWarrior19! Two of the most active and talented players we have in the tier right now!

Last edited:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello everyone! Here to bring the first slate of Doubles LC post Home.

In the first slate we voted on Sneasel-Hisui, Stantler and Qwilfish-Hisui.

Screenshot_20230531_184655_Sheets.jpg

The results are tha both Sneasel and Qwilfish Hisui has gotten above the 60% supermajority and thus banned from Doubles LC, tagging Kris and Marty to implement this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now into a different note... i don't even know how to start tbh... I've been Doubles LC TL for almost 4 years now and being honest i had a blast doing so. But i've recently come to think on how i want to approach my life and thus i decided that my time has come.
I have no plans to stop playing or quitting the community, atleast not for now, and I'll still be staying around but i think it's time for me to say goodbye to all my duties. Plus I'll be hosting Teambuilding Competition and doing whatever other stuff I feel like. I've just had this Tier Leader job for a good long while and it feels like it's about time to give someone else a crack at it. It's a lot of work that I really liked doing but now I'd rather put that time elsewhere.
To the community, I want to thank you for letting me be a part of this tier and for giving me a chance to grow as an individual throughout these last 4 years. When I first began as a nobody, I wanted to create an impact, a legacy. Whether that was first on the ladder or getting the tier to go beyond imaginable limits or constantly petitioning to be TL (which i ended up getting lol), I eventually realized what matters: You guys... All of you are the Kings of DLC - you guys made all of this worth it, and you guys are the ones I'll miss the most. Farewell, JC. ❤ love u all.

In my place Voltix will go back as Tier Leader so congrats him, i am sure that he will be a great asset to the tier.

Tagging Kris and Marty to implement the ban of Basculin-White-Stripped, which got banned before Home releases, but since we didn´t make a statemente about it, it is still legal in the teambuilder. Sorry about this confusion guys!

Swiss #2 Usage Stats
Code:
| 1    | Girafarig          |  117 |  55.71% |  52.99% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |  110 |  52.38% |  44.55% |
| 3    | Foongus            |  107 |  50.95% |  57.01% |
| 4    | Mudbray            |  103 |  49.05% |  57.28% |
| 5    | Meditite           |   65 |  30.95% |  61.54% |
| 6    | Growlithe          |   61 |  29.05% |  50.82% |
| 7    | Tinkatink          |   51 |  24.29% |  47.06% |
| 8    | Rufflet            |   47 |  22.38% |  57.45% |
| 9    | Pawniard           |   41 |  19.52% |  53.66% |
| 9    | Wattrel            |   41 |  19.52% |  41.46% |
| 11   | Wingull            |   40 |  19.05% |  57.50% |
| 12   | Grimer-Alola       |   30 |  14.29% |  60.00% |
| 12   | Grookey            |   30 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Shellos-East       |   27 |  12.86% |  70.37% |
| 15   | Finneon            |   26 |  12.38% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Gothita            |   26 |  12.38% |  38.46% |
| 17   | Houndour           |   18 |   8.57% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Snover             |   16 |   7.62% |  68.75% |
| 18   | Impidimp           |   16 |   7.62% |  31.25% |
| 20   | Cubchoo            |   15 |   7.14% |  66.67% |
| 21   | Makuhita           |   14 |   6.67% |  35.71% |
| 21   | Toedscool          |   14 |   6.67% |  21.43% |
| 23   | Stantler           |   13 |   6.19% |  53.85% |
| 24   | Larvesta           |   12 |   5.71% |  58.33% |
| 24   | Diglett            |   12 |   5.71% |  50.00% |
| 24   | Slowpoke           |   12 |   5.71% |  41.67% |
| 24   | Croagunk           |   12 |   5.71% |  33.33% |
| 28   | Flittle            |   11 |   5.24% |  45.45% |
| 28   | Voltorb-Hisui      |   11 |   5.24% |  36.36% |
| 28   | Glimmet            |   11 |   5.24% |  27.27% |
| 31   | Surskit            |   10 |   4.76% |  60.00% |
| 31   | Maschiff           |   10 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Shroodle           |   10 |   4.76% |  40.00% |
| 34   | Numel              |    9 |   4.29% |  22.22% |
| 35   | Zorua-Hisui        |    8 |   3.81% |  62.50% |
| 35   | Drifloon           |    8 |   3.81% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Bramblin           |    7 |   3.33% |  28.57% |
| 38   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    6 |   2.86% |  33.33% |
| 38   | Psyduck            |    6 |   2.86% |  33.33% |
| 38   | Meowth             |    6 |   2.86% |  33.33% |
| 41   | Shellos            |    5 |   2.38% |  60.00% |
| 41   | Drowzee            |    5 |   2.38% |  60.00% |
| 41   | Charmander         |    5 |   2.38% |  40.00% |
| 41   | Salandit           |    5 |   2.38% |  40.00% |
| 45   | Hippopotas         |    4 |   1.90% |  25.00% |
| 46   | Zorua              |    3 |   1.43% |  33.33% |
| 46   | Sandile            |    3 |   1.43% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Fletchling         |    3 |   1.43% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Axew               |    2 |   0.95% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Igglybuff          |    2 |   0.95% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Voltorb            |    2 |   0.95% |  50.00% |
| 49   | Chespin            |    2 |   0.95% |  50.00% |
| 49   | Clauncher          |    2 |   0.95% |  50.00% |
| 49   | Grimer             |    2 |   0.95% |  50.00% |
| 49   | Barboach           |    2 |   0.95% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Varoom             |    2 |   0.95% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Phanpy             |    2 |   0.95% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Cacnea             |    2 |   0.95% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Sprigatito         |    2 |   0.95% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Wiglett            |    2 |   0.95% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Skrelp             |    1 |   0.48% | 100.00% |
| 61   | Fuecoco            |    1 |   0.48% | 100.00% |
| 61   | Crabrawler         |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Tarountula         |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Shuppet            |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Cetoddle           |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Gastly             |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Mankey             |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Arrokuda           |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Buizel             |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Teddiursa          |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Hatenna            |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
| 61   | Azurill            |    1 |   0.48% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   36 |  54.55% |  47.22% |
| 2    | Foongus            |   35 |  53.03% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Girafarig          |   31 |  46.97% |  54.84% |
| 4    | Mudbray            |   29 |  43.94% |  62.07% |
| 5    | Tinkatink          |   23 |  34.85% |  60.87% |
| 6    | Growlithe          |   17 |  25.76% |  64.71% |
| 7    | Rufflet            |   16 |  24.24% |  43.75% |
| 8    | Meditite           |   15 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 8    | Wattrel            |   15 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Pawniard           |   14 |  21.21% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Gothita            |   12 |  18.18% |  25.00% |
| 12   | Shellos-East       |   10 |  15.15% |  70.00% |
| 12   | Wingull            |   10 |  15.15% |  70.00% |
| 14   | Impidimp           |    9 |  13.64% |  22.22% |
| 15   | Finneon            |    8 |  12.12% |  75.00% |
| 15   | Houndour           |    8 |  12.12% |  62.50% |
| 17   | Toedscool          |    7 |  10.61% |  28.57% |
| 17   | Makuhita           |    7 |  10.61% |  28.57% |
| 19   | Numel              |    6 |   9.09% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Slowpoke           |    6 |   9.09% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Glimmet            |    6 |   9.09% |  33.33% |
| 22   | Surskit            |    5 |   7.58% |  80.00% |
| 22   | Flittle            |    5 |   7.58% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Larvesta           |    4 |   6.06% |  75.00% |
| 24   | Bramblin           |    4 |   6.06% |  50.00% |
| 24   | Croagunk           |    4 |   6.06% |  25.00% |
| 27   | Maschiff           |    3 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Snover             |    3 |   4.55% |  66.67% |
| 27   | Cubchoo            |    3 |   4.55% |  66.67% |
| 27   | Shroodle           |    3 |   4.55% |  33.33% |
| 27   | Charmander         |    3 |   4.55% |  33.33% |
| 27   | Diglett            |    3 |   4.55% |  33.33% |
| 27   | Fletchling         |    3 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Zorua-Hisui        |    2 |   3.03% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Hippopotas         |    2 |   3.03% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Meowth             |    2 |   3.03% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Grimer             |    2 |   3.03% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Varoom             |    2 |   3.03% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Sandile            |    2 |   3.03% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Psyduck            |    2 |   3.03% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Sprigatito         |    2 |   3.03% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Igglybuff          |    1 |   1.52% | 100.00% |
| 42   | Salandit           |    1 |   1.52% | 100.00% |
| 42   | Fuecoco            |    1 |   1.52% | 100.00% |
| 42   | Shellos            |    1 |   1.52% | 100.00% |
| 42   | Clauncher          |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Shuppet            |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Cetoddle           |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Phanpy             |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Cacnea             |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Gastly             |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Drifloon           |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Mankey             |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Arrokuda           |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Wiglett            |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Buizel             |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Voltorb            |    1 |   1.52% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Foongus            |   30 |  71.43% |  53.33% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   23 |  54.76% |  60.87% |
| 3    | Misdreavus         |   22 |  52.38% |  36.36% |
| 4    | Girafarig          |   21 |  50.00% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Growlithe          |   17 |  40.48% |  64.71% |
| 5    | Meditite           |   17 |  40.48% |  52.94% |
| 7    | Tinkatink          |   13 |  30.95% |  38.46% |
| 8    | Pawniard           |   10 |  23.81% |  70.00% |
| 8    | Shellos-East       |   10 |  23.81% |  70.00% |
| 10   | Rufflet            |    9 |  21.43% |  77.78% |
| 11   | Wingull            |    8 |  19.05% |  37.50% |
| 11   | Wattrel            |    8 |  19.05% |  25.00% |
| 13   | Maschiff           |    6 |  14.29% |  33.33% |
| 14   | Finneon            |    4 |   9.52% |  75.00% |
| 14   | Makuhita           |    4 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Gothita            |    4 |   9.52% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Slowpoke           |    3 |   7.14% |  66.67% |
| 17   | Larvesta           |    3 |   7.14% |  66.67% |
| 17   | Impidimp           |    3 |   7.14% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Snover             |    3 |   7.14% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Cubchoo            |    3 |   7.14% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Glimmet            |    3 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 23   | Zorua-Hisui        |    2 |   4.76% | 100.00% |
| 23   | Houndour           |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 23   | Toedscool          |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 23   | Hippopotas         |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Drowzee            |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Zorua              |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Shroodle           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Chespin            |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Drifloon           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Igglybuff          |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Surskit            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Numel              |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Phanpy             |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Cacnea             |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Teddiursa          |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Hatenna            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Sandile            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Azurill            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Meowth             |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Flittle            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Diglett            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Wiglett            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Bramblin           |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Girafarig          |   19 |  73.08% |  47.37% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   14 |  53.85% |  42.86% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |   14 |  53.85% |  42.86% |
| 4    | Foongus            |   11 |  42.31% |  45.45% |
| 5    | Grookey            |    9 |  34.62% |  55.56% |
| 6    | Tinkatink          |    8 |  30.77% |  37.50% |
| 7    | Meditite           |    7 |  26.92% |  57.14% |
| 7    | Wattrel            |    7 |  26.92% |  42.86% |
| 9    | Grimer-Alola       |    6 |  23.08% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Rufflet            |    5 |  19.23% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Wingull            |    5 |  19.23% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Finneon            |    5 |  19.23% |  40.00% |
| 10   | Pawniard           |    5 |  19.23% |  40.00% |
| 10   | Growlithe          |    5 |  19.23% |  20.00% |
| 15   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    4 |  15.38% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Houndour           |    3 |  11.54% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Croagunk           |    3 |  11.54% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Shellos-East       |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Zorua-Hisui        |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Drifloon           |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 19   | Larvesta           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 19   | Stantler           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 19   | Impidimp           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Gothita            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Glimmet            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Snover             |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Cubchoo            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Clauncher          |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Axew               |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Meowth             |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Drowzee            |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Zorua              |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Maschiff           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Salandit           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Girafarig          |   16 |  61.54% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |   14 |  53.85% |  35.71% |
| 3    | Foongus            |   10 |  38.46% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Mudbray            |    9 |  34.62% |  44.44% |
| 4    | Growlithe          |    9 |  34.62% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Grookey            |    8 |  30.77% |  62.50% |
| 7    | Meditite           |    7 |  26.92% |  71.43% |
| 7    | Grimer-Alola       |    7 |  26.92% |  71.43% |
| 7    | Rufflet            |    7 |  26.92% |  28.57% |
| 10   | Wattrel            |    5 |  19.23% |  20.00% |
| 11   | Wingull            |    4 |  15.38% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Finneon            |    4 |  15.38% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Tinkatink          |    4 |  15.38% |  25.00% |
| 14   | Snover             |    3 |  11.54% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Cubchoo            |    3 |  11.54% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Shroodle           |    3 |  11.54% |  66.67% |
| 14   | Toedscool          |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 14   | Croagunk           |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 14   | Pawniard           |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 20   | Diglett            |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Psyduck            |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Shellos            |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Impidimp           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Salandit           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Gothita            |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Stantler           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Drifloon           |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Axew               |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Charmander         |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Larvesta           |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Voltorb            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Flittle            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Surskit            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Makuhita           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Numel              |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Meowth             |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Bramblin           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Houndour           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Chespin            |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Tarountula         |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Zorua              |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Girafarig          |   16 |  66.67% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   15 |  62.50% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Misdreavus         |   12 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Foongus            |   10 |  41.67% |  80.00% |
| 4    | Growlithe          |   10 |  41.67% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Rufflet            |    8 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 7    | Grimer-Alola       |    6 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Meditite           |    5 |  20.83% |  80.00% |
| 8    | Stantler           |    5 |  20.83% |  40.00% |
| 8    | Grookey            |    5 |  20.83% |  20.00% |
| 11   | Shellos-East       |    4 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Wingull            |    4 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Wattrel            |    4 |  16.67% |  25.00% |
| 14   | Flittle            |    3 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Gothita            |    3 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Pawniard           |    3 |  12.50% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Drowzee            |    2 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 17   | Tinkatink          |    2 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Diglett            |    2 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Drifloon           |    2 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Toedscool          |    2 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Barboach           |    2 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Larvesta           |    2 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Croagunk           |    2 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Skrelp             |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Crabrawler         |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Snover             |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Cubchoo            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Shellos            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Shroodle           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Charmander         |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Salandit           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Makuhita           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Numel              |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Finneon            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Meowth             |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |    6 |  60.00% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Girafarig          |    6 |  60.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Meditite           |    5 |  50.00% |  80.00% |
| 4    | Misdreavus         |    4 |  40.00% |  75.00% |
| 4    | Wingull            |    4 |  40.00% |  75.00% |
| 4    | Grimer-Alola       |    4 |  40.00% |  75.00% |
| 4    | Grookey            |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Foongus            |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Gothita            |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Pawniard           |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Stantler           |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Snover             |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Finneon            |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Cubchoo            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Drowzee            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Houndour           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Tinkatink          |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Drifloon           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Wattrel            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Shroodle           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Psyduck            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Surskit            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Glimmet            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Meditite           |    7 |  58.33% |  57.14% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |    6 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Girafarig          |    6 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Mudbray            |    5 |  41.67% |  40.00% |
| 4    | Foongus            |    5 |  41.67% |  40.00% |
| 6    | Grimer-Alola       |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 6    | Wingull            |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Pawniard           |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Grookey            |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Diglett            |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 10   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 12   | Houndour           |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Surskit            |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Growlithe          |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 12   | Rufflet            |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Makuhita           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Wattrel            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Cubchoo            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Snover             |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Flittle            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Gothita            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Stantler           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Shellos            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Shroodle           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Psyduck            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Finneon            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Grimer-Alola       |    3 |  75.00% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |    2 |  50.00% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Girafarig          |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Foongus            |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Cubchoo            |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Snover             |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Meditite           |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Stantler           |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Wingull            |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Growlithe          |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Finneon            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Bramblin           |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Diglett            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Houndour           |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |

Last edited:
So with the doubles lc seasonal and doubles derby approaching, I kinda wanted to give an overview of the metagame to help people get into the tier. It is a bit of a centralized metagame this generation, but often times that just means the meta is ready to be blown open by smart teambuilding.

One disclaimer, the builder currently uses LC’s banlist, so pokemon like Stantler, Misdrevus, Girafarig, Rufflet are all legal in the tier. Definitely check the banlist on this thread.

:Eviolite: First up is Eviolite. Basically due to how damage works at little cup levels, pokemon get hit harder than they do at level 100, but Eviolite exists to balance this out. It’s the most used item, with basically 4-6 mons on every team carrying it. There’s only a couple other items even worth using, such as Choice Scarf/Band/Specs/LO, but outside of that there isn’t much else to be used. While the prevalence of Eviolite does mean there’s a little less flexibility in teambuilding, it also means that removing Eviolites is extremely important, so moves like Knock Off, and to a lesser extent Trick and Thief, are VERY good. This gen there’s only a couple viable Knock Off users: :Grimer-Alola: :Grookey: :Wingull: :Zorua-hisui: :Shroodle: (RIP Tinkatink, who learns it at level 20, so it isn’t legal in Doubles LC). So game planning on how to deal with Knock Off, and who you should try to Knock Off, is very important. For instance:

196+ Atk Mudbray High Horsepower vs. 196 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Girafarig: 10-13 (38.4 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
196+ Atk Mudbray High Horsepower vs. 196 HP / 76 Def Girafarig: 15-18 (57.6 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Onto the top Pokémon in the tier (my opinions of course):
1. :SV/Grimer-Alola:
What it does: Grimer-A is the best Pokémon in the tier due to a combination of having good stats/typing, great movepool, and being really good into a lot of the other top Pokémon (like :Girafarig: and :Misdreavus:). It has great bulk and defensive typing, which lets it just spread around Knock Offs that can also poison, and it can do good damage with Poison Jab/Gunk Shot to Fairy types. Drain Punch is then nice to hit Steels & Stantler, and aid in recovery.

Grimer-A should probably be on 75% of teams, and as such every team should have a plan on how to beat it.

How to check it: Ground moves or powerful attacks are the best way, since you don’t want it sticking around long to just knock off all your Pokémon. :Mudbray: and :Stantler: are excellent users of Ground moves to hit it hard, but you can also Tera Ground to hit it, or use strong attackers like :Rufflet:, :Growlithe-Hisui:, or :Meditite:

2. :SV/Girafarig:
What it does: The Giraffe is basically a giant stat stick, capable of beating out just about every mon 1v1 in the tier. Its abilities are also great, with Inner Focus letting psychical Giraffe’s ignore Intimidate & Fake Out, while Sap Sipper lets it absorb Grass moves, basically creating the best Foongus check in the tier. It also can be really fast hitting 19 speed, or can be a TR setter, which gives it a ton of set flexibility. Hyper Voice is a nice high BP spread move, so it can be a set up sweeper as well.

How to check it: Knock off is the best way, to lower its great bulk. The thing is, the Giraffe doesn’t hit that hard, so it really wants to sit there for multiple turns and just do more damage than it takes. So good options are :Grimer-Alola: :Grookey: :Zorua-Hisui:. Other options are to use good Dark/Bug moves from like :Misdreavus: :Pawniard: :Impidimp: :Houndour: :Maschiff: :Surskit:

3. :SV/Misdreavus:
What it does: Misdreavus is one of the biggest threats in the tier, that can also be an excellent support pokemon due to its great speed and solid bulk. After a Nasty Plot, it can be one of the best sweepers, with multiple options for both tera and movepool. Tera Electric with levitate removes all weaknesses, or Tera Fighting with Tera Blast lets it hit Dark & Normal types. Dark pulse lets it hit :Girafarig:, while Thunderbolt can utilize Electric Tera for STAB and hit things like :Wingull: and :Rufflet:. On the other hand, moves like Icy Wind, Will-o-Wisp, and Taunt, when combined with its fantastic speed, can be really disruptive.

How to check it: There’s a reason why :Grimer-Alola: and :Girafarig: are both above Misdreavus on this list, and that’s because they’re both excellent checks. Any sort of Knock Off, Dark type, or Ghost resist is typically good, but you do have to be careful of what Tera type or movepool options it has. Its great flexibility is what makes Missy so dangerous.

4. :SV/Mudbray:
What it does: Mudbray has some of the best stats in the tier, with a sky high attack, that combines well with its high base power moves like High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Stone Edge, and Close Combat. Mudbray can also be an excellent attacker in both TR and Tailwind, and trades favorably with most neutral Pokémon. It’s the best check to :Grimer-Alola: in the tier, and is also a decent Stealth Rock setter if your team needs it. Inner Focus is definitely the best ability, letting it ignore Intimidate and Fake Out, to just keep on hitting hard.

How to check it: Obviously good grass and water types are the best bet, such as :Foongus: :Grookey: :Snover: :Wingull: :Finneon:, but also burning it can be really effective, from the likes of :Misdreavus: and :Growlithe:.

5. :SV/Stantler:
What it does: Similar to a lot of these top 5 Pokémon, Stantler is a 19 speed stat stick that just Intimidates and has a ton of movepool options. It can run both physical and special sets that can do very different things. The special set is a good check to :Grimer-Alola:, able to Intimidate and Earth Power it. While the physical set can start Psyshield Bashing to make it really difficult to take down, and Body Slamming to spread damage & paralysis. It has a ton of other movepool options with interesting stuff like Trick Room, Imprison, Dual Screens, Disable, etc.

How to check it: Obviously fighting moves from like :Meditite: :Rufflet: are great, but similar to :Girafarig:, you can just wear it down with multiple moves, as it doesn’t try to ohko stuff, but win by doing more damage than it takes.

That concludes the top 5 Pokémon, and I’ll only go in depth on a few more. But these 5 are the clear best 5 Pokémon in the metagame, and every team should make sure they’re running at least 2ish on every team, otherwise you’re just so far behind BST wise. I’ve even run a team that just uses all 5 plus the sixth best Pokémon, and the team works great. You ASBOLUTELY must teambuild with these 5 in mind, knowing how you can beat each.

Onto a few more very notable Pokémon:

6. :SV/Foongus:
What it does: It’s the best support Pokémon in the tier, able to redirect hits with Ragepowder & heal allies with Pollen Puff. Even though there is sleep clause, it’s Spore can still be super threatening on the right target, able to put your biggest threat to sleep. Unlike Amoonguss, Foongus actually has reasonable attack stats in Doubles LC too, allowing it to not be deadweight when it’s not redirecting/healing.

How to check it: With no room for Safety Goggles in the tier, you have to rely on either immunities or allowing a not so valuable Pokémon eating a spore. A well timed Tera Grass is really important for how to handle it, but also just threatening it with stuff like :Rufflet: :Wingull: :Meditite: :Wattrel: :Growlithe: :Growlithe-Hisui: :Houndour: are all good options. :Snover: and :Girafarig: deserve especial notice, both being immune to Spore and able to hit Foongus back hard.

7. :SV/Growlithe:
What it does: Growlithe is a super disruptive Pokémon, able to Intimidate and burn physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp, while also being able to Snarl special attackers. It also gets access to a semi-reliable healing move in Morning Sun. It’s really effective at checking just about all of the Pokémon above it on this list (save possibly :Mudbray:, depending on the situation).

How to check it: Growlithe is something that needs to be removed quickly, otherwise it just withers down your whole team. Knocking it off is nice, but meanwhile it can be burning your Knock Off user. Special attackers that can hit it hard are great, such as :Wingull: :Glimmet: :Surskit: :Finneon:, while even physical attackers in the right situations can be really effective like :Mudbray:. Pokémon that can take advantage of Growlithe’s stat lowering are also extremely effective, such as :Wattrel: and :Pawniard:. Stealth Rocks can also be very effective to limit its ability to Intimidate.

8. :SV/Meditite:
What it does: Meditite is the hardest hitter in the tier due to its Huge Power ability and good offensive typing. It can utilize a Choice Scarf to outspeed the rest of the tier, or it can be a Fake Out + Trick Room setter. It has good offensive typing into most of the Pokémon above it, able to threaten them, especially when under proper speed control.

How to check it: While it has a great offensive typing, defensively there’s a lot left to be desired. So threatening it with super effective attacks is often the way to go with options like :Misdreavus: :Wingull: :Wattrel: :Flittle: :Tinkatink: :Zorua-Hisui:. Burning & Intimidating can be nice, but even then it still hits decently hard.

9. :SV/Grookey:
Grookey is an excellent Fake Out + pivot mon, that can also be very threatening with Wood Hammer, and can spread around Knock Offs. It has a pretty good matchup into some mons above it on this list, such as :Mudbray: :Misdreavus:, and can be good into many of the others in the right position. There’s maybe room for a scarf set as well, but there’s not a ton of good Fake Out Pokémon, so you use them when you can. Grassy Terrain is also nice, especially for limiting Earthquake users.

How to check it: Typically just super effective moves, of which there are many, from users such as :Growlithe: :Houndour: :Rufflet: :Wingull: :Wattrel: :Foongus: :Grimer-Alola: :Cubchoo: :Snover:. Burns & intimidate can be nice, however that doesn’t really stop it from just spreading Knock Offs.

That’s all the main Pokémon I’m gonna cover, lastly just gonna provide my thoughts on some other things.

Tailwind: Tailwind is obviously great, but many of the Tailwind setters are pretty flawed. You do have a couple options. :Wingull: is the fastest, but at 19 speed it ties a lot of stuff and is slower than stuff like :Voltorb-Hisui:, and it’s also very frail. :Finneon: is a good option for teams that still want a water type that can set TW, and it gets a great ability in Storm Drain, however it has pretty average speed. :Rufflet: has reasonable bulk and average speed, but often you’d much rather be clicking powerful attacks with its hustle ability. :Wattrel: has similar average speed, is quite frail, but does have some good abilities.

Trick Room: Trick Room has a ton of good setters, but there aren’t like great abusers of Trick Room. Thankfully since most of the tier is somewhere in the 8-19 speed range, you can often just min-speed your Pokémon to make them threats in TR. :Girafarig: is obviously great, but it isn’t that slow itself, and if it spends a turn setting TR and then isn’t going first, it can often be dead before it does anything else. :Stantler: is much of the same, and isn’t as good under TR. :Gothita: has a ton of additional utility behind Shadow Tag (which is legal) and Fake Out, but is offensively a dud, and pure Psychic typing is not the best. :Meditite: similarly has access to Fake Out and Trick Room, and can hit really hard under it, but often doesn’t have the bulk & typing to get it off.

Other Notable Pokémon: There’s some Pokémon that I didn’t mention above that deserve a quick snippet. :Flittle: can be really dangerous as a set up sweeper/Baton Passer, due to Calm Mind + Speed Boost. :Impidimp: can be a great screen setter, but running light clay really limits its longevity. It can also run Thunder Wave + Parting Shot for disruption. Hail is quite good, whereas last gen it was a hyper offense structure, now it boosts defenses of like :Snover: and :Cubchoo: further after Eviolite, letting them just fire off Blizzards for a long time. :Shroodle: is the premier prankster mon, getting access to useful moves like Parting Shot, Encore, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and others.

Some Underutilized threats: I do think there’s a lot of room for experimentation & pokemon that aren’t used nearly as much as their potential. :Rufflet: is surprisingly unpopular despite how hard it hits, similar to :Growlithe-Hisui:. :Glimmet: can also be quite good, even if there’s a lot of t-spikes absorbers. :Cufant: is a very interesting TR attacker. :Maschiff: is super good into the metagame at large. Rain & Sun both probably have some room to be expanded.

Hope this post helps people get into the tier! It’s a fun one, and while this post mostly only contemplates very competitive strategies, there’s a ton of fun options out there too (surf + storm drain, perish song, skill swap stuff, etc.)

Last edited:
Hello everyone, just two short notes about Pokemon legality:

1) Basculin is banned since the beginning of the generation, but it hasn't been correctly implemented for Doubles LC since Basculin-White-Striped came out.
2) It has been discovered recently here that Tinkatink is unable to learn Knock Off, along with a few other moves, at level 5 in SV. Since move legality at specific levels is hard to implement, and since Knock Off is the only competitively relevant illegal move, SV LC has already implemented a simple ban of the combination of Tinkatink knowing Knock Off, while waiting for a better solution. This ban will be extended to SV Doubles LC.

While waiting for the above legality changes to be implemented in the teambuilder, bringing either Basculin-White-Striped or the combination of Tinkatink knowing Knock Off will not be allowed in SV Doubles LC tournaments. Thank you for your understanding!

Summer Seasonal #1 Usage Stats
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |   88 |  57.14% |  48.86% |
| 2    | Grimer-Alola       |   82 |  53.25% |  56.10% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |   82 |  53.25% |  41.46% |
| 4    | Girafarig          |   73 |  47.40% |  54.79% |
| 5    | Stantler           |   48 |  31.17% |  58.33% |
| 6    | Finneon            |   47 |  30.52% |  59.57% |
| 7    | Meditite           |   45 |  29.22% |  57.78% |
| 8    | Foongus            |   44 |  28.57% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Grookey            |   43 |  27.92% |  51.16% |
| 9    | Wingull            |   43 |  27.92% |  46.51% |
| 11   | Voltorb-Hisui      |   37 |  24.03% |  40.54% |
| 12   | Wattrel            |   29 |  18.83% |  44.83% |
| 12   | Pawniard           |   29 |  18.83% |  37.93% |
| 14   | Growlithe-Hisui    |   26 |  16.88% |  30.77% |
| 15   | Shroodle           |   21 |  13.64% |  42.86% |
| 16   | Snover             |   18 |  11.69% |  77.78% |
| 17   | Cubchoo            |   16 |  10.39% |  75.00% |
| 18   | Growlithe          |   15 |   9.74% |  26.67% |
| 19   | Psyduck            |   13 |   8.44% |  38.46% |
| 20   | Surskit            |   12 |   7.79% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Gothita            |    9 |   5.84% |  66.67% |
| 22   | Glimmet            |    6 |   3.90% |  66.67% |
| 22   | Rufflet            |    6 |   3.90% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Zorua-Hisui        |    6 |   3.90% |  33.33% |
| 25   | Houndour           |    5 |   3.25% |  80.00% |
| 25   | Buizel             |    5 |   3.25% |  60.00% |
| 25   | Impidimp           |    5 |   3.25% |  60.00% |
| 25   | Diglett            |    5 |   3.25% |  20.00% |
| 29   | Igglybuff          |    4 |   2.60% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Happiny            |    4 |   2.60% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Tinkatink          |    3 |   1.95% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Cetoddle           |    3 |   1.95% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Flittle            |    3 |   1.95% |  66.67% |
| 31   | Drowzee            |    3 |   1.95% |  66.67% |
| 31   | Barboach           |    3 |   1.95% |  66.67% |
| 31   | Toedscool          |    3 |   1.95% |  33.33% |
| 31   | Croagunk           |    3 |   1.95% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Bramblin           |    2 |   1.30% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Slowpoke           |    2 |   1.30% |  50.00% |
| 38   | Tarountula         |    2 |   1.30% |  50.00% |
| 38   | Charmander         |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Larvesta           |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Salandit           |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Fletchling         |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Shellos-East       |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Cyndaquil          |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Cufant             |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Fennekin           |    2 |   1.30% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Dratini            |    1 |   0.65% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Bergmite           |    1 |   0.65% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Frigibax           |    1 |   0.65% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Snorunt            |    1 |   0.65% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Numel              |    1 |   0.65% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Chespin            |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Zorua              |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Cacnea             |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Arrokuda           |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Drifloon           |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Axew               |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Clauncher          |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Meowth-Alola       |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Magnemite          |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Makuhita           |    1 |   0.65% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |   27 |  64.29% |  55.56% |
| 2    | Girafarig          |   22 |  52.38% |  63.64% |
| 3    | Grimer-Alola       |   21 |  50.00% |  71.43% |
| 4    | Misdreavus         |   20 |  47.62% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Wingull            |   18 |  42.86% |  44.44% |
| 6    | Foongus            |   15 |  35.71% |  60.00% |
| 7    | Stantler           |   11 |  26.19% |  63.64% |
| 7    | Voltorb-Hisui      |   11 |  26.19% |  27.27% |
| 9    | Meditite           |   10 |  23.81% |  70.00% |
| 9    | Grookey            |   10 |  23.81% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Growlithe          |    9 |  21.43% |  44.44% |
| 12   | Finneon            |    8 |  19.05% |  37.50% |
| 12   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    8 |  19.05% |  25.00% |
| 14   | Pawniard           |    7 |  16.67% |  14.29% |
| 15   | Wattrel            |    6 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Shroodle           |    6 |  14.29% |  16.67% |
| 17   | Gothita            |    4 |   9.52% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Diglett            |    4 |   9.52% |  25.00% |
| 19   | Flittle            |    3 |   7.14% |  66.67% |
| 20   | Cubchoo            |    2 |   4.76% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Snover             |    2 |   4.76% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Drowzee            |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Zorua-Hisui        |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Surskit            |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Psyduck            |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Charmander         |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Larvesta           |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Salandit           |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Impidimp           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Igglybuff          |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Happiny            |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Houndour           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Tinkatink          |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Dratini            |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 29   | Rufflet            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Glimmet            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Buizel             |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Chespin            |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Zorua              |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Fletchling         |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Shellos-East       |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |   12 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |   11 |  45.83% |  36.36% |
| 3    | Foongus            |   10 |  41.67% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Grimer-Alola       |   10 |  41.67% |  40.00% |
| 5    | Finneon            |    9 |  37.50% |  77.78% |
| 5    | Stantler           |    9 |  37.50% |  77.78% |
| 5    | Voltorb-Hisui      |    9 |  37.50% |  44.44% |
| 8    | Girafarig          |    8 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Shroodle           |    7 |  29.17% |  57.14% |
| 9    | Grookey            |    7 |  29.17% |  57.14% |
| 11   | Wingull            |    6 |  25.00% |  16.67% |
| 11   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    6 |  25.00% |  16.67% |
| 13   | Psyduck            |    5 |  20.83% |  80.00% |
| 13   | Pawniard           |    5 |  20.83% |  20.00% |
| 15   | Surskit            |    4 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Meditite           |    4 |  16.67% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Snover             |    3 |  12.50% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Cubchoo            |    3 |  12.50% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Wattrel            |    3 |  12.50% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Glimmet            |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Bergmite           |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Frigibax           |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Snorunt            |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Cetoddle           |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Igglybuff          |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Happiny            |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Numel              |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Slowpoke           |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Impidimp           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Gothita            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Growlithe          |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Buizel             |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Finneon            |    9 |  75.00% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |    7 |  58.33% |  42.86% |
| 3    | Wattrel            |    5 |  41.67% |  40.00% |
| 4    | Girafarig          |    4 |  33.33% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Grimer-Alola       |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Mudbray            |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Shroodle           |    3 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Psyduck            |    3 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Surskit            |    3 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Voltorb-Hisui      |    3 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Meditite           |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Stantler           |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Bramblin           |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Houndour           |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Tinkatink          |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Pawniard           |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Grookey            |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Rufflet            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Barboach           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Snover             |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Cetoddle           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Glimmet            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Cacnea             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Growlithe          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Diglett            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Arrokuda           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Croagunk           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Fletchling         |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Shellos-East       |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Girafarig          |   15 |  57.69% |  53.33% |
| 1    | Mudbray            |   15 |  57.69% |  53.33% |
| 1    | Grimer-Alola       |   15 |  57.69% |  46.67% |
| 4    | Misdreavus         |   14 |  53.85% |  35.71% |
| 5    | Meditite           |   10 |  38.46% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Stantler           |   10 |  38.46% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Foongus            |    9 |  34.62% |  44.44% |
| 8    | Finneon            |    7 |  26.92% |  85.71% |
| 9    | Wingull            |    5 |  19.23% |  40.00% |
| 9    | Grookey            |    5 |  19.23% |  20.00% |
| 11   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    4 |  15.38% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Pawniard           |    4 |  15.38% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    4 |  15.38% |  25.00% |
| 14   | Snover             |    3 |  11.54% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Psyduck            |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Igglybuff          |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Happiny            |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Cubchoo            |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Tarountula         |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Toedscool          |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Zorua-Hisui        |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Shroodle           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Surskit            |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Rufflet            |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Growlithe          |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Wattrel            |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Gothita            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Drowzee            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Glimmet            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Cetoddle           |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Barboach           |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Cufant             |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Fennekin           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Impidimp           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Drifloon           |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Axew               |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Clauncher          |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |    7 |  70.00% |  57.14% |
| 1    | Girafarig          |    7 |  70.00% |  57.14% |
| 1    | Grimer-Alola       |    7 |  70.00% |  57.14% |
| 4    | Mudbray            |    6 |  60.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Meditite           |    5 |  50.00% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Wattrel            |    4 |  40.00% |  75.00% |
| 6    | Finneon            |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Stantler           |    3 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 8    | Foongus            |    3 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 8    | Grookey            |    3 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Pawniard           |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Meowth-Alola       |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Wingull            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Cufant             |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Fennekin           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Surskit            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Rufflet            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Barboach           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Grimer-Alola       |   20 |  76.92% |  55.00% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   18 |  69.23% |  38.89% |
| 3    | Misdreavus         |   17 |  65.38% |  41.18% |
| 4    | Grookey            |   12 |  46.15% |  58.33% |
| 4    | Girafarig          |   12 |  46.15% |  41.67% |
| 6    | Meditite           |   10 |  38.46% |  40.00% |
| 7    | Finneon            |    9 |  34.62% |  33.33% |
| 8    | Wingull            |    7 |  26.92% |  57.14% |
| 9    | Snover             |    6 |  23.08% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Cubchoo            |    6 |  23.08% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Wattrel            |    6 |  23.08% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Voltorb-Hisui      |    6 |  23.08% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Stantler           |    6 |  23.08% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Pawniard           |    5 |  19.23% |  40.00% |
| 15   | Foongus            |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Shroodle           |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Buizel             |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Impidimp           |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Croagunk           |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Gothita            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Rufflet            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Magnemite          |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |    5 |  62.50% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Pawniard           |    4 |  50.00% |  75.00% |
| 2    | Stantler           |    4 |  50.00% |  25.00% |
| 2    | Girafarig          |    4 |  50.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Voltorb-Hisui      |    3 |  37.50% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Wingull            |    3 |  37.50% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Snover             |    3 |  37.50% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Cubchoo            |    3 |  37.50% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Misdreavus         |    3 |  37.50% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Wattrel            |    2 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Zorua-Hisui        |    2 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Growlithe          |    2 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Meditite           |    2 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Gothita            |    1 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Glimmet            |    1 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Houndour           |    1 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Grookey            |    1 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Grimer-Alola       |    1 |  12.50% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Makuhita           |    1 |  12.50% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Toedscool          |    1 |  12.50% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Foongus            |    1 |  12.50% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Grimer-Alola       |    5 |  83.33% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Wingull            |    3 |  50.00% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Grookey            |    3 |  50.00% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Foongus            |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Stantler           |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Meditite           |    2 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Mudbray            |    2 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Growlithe-Hisui    |    2 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Girafarig          |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Shroodle           |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Buizel             |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Finneon            |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Gothita            |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Glimmet            |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Wattrel            |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Houndour           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Slowpoke           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |

Last edited:
Welcome to the first voting slate of Doubles LC after the first DLC!

So the new DLC for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet has brought some new interesting Pokemon, some of them known for being banned in previous generations.

Here are the results of this first voting. Remeber that for a Pokemon to be banned it needs at least 4/6 pro-ban votes.

1695720220728.png

With this being said, Yanma is the only Pokemon that has been banned in this first round.

Yanma has proven too be too much thanks to his 20 speed + access to Tailwind and Hypnosis alongside Compounded Eyes, which makes really difficult to play against it. Also, the Swords Dance + Speed Boost set can make a big impact in the game.

All of these, in addition to a superb BST of 390, was enough to get him banned from Doubles LC. Tagging Kris and Marty to implement this ban, thank you!

Also, there has been some controversy about the rest of the Pokemon in this voting (and also some of them that are not here). Most of the council members want to see a bit more from these Pokemon before making a decision. The amount of decent Pokemon that have arrived with DLC is quite decent, so we want to see them in action a little longer

We have planned to do, at least one or two more voting slates, in order to determine if there are more Pokemon that deserve to be banned. Stay tunned for more updates!

Last Chance #1 Usage Stats
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   54 |  55.10% |  61.11% |
| 2    | Mienfoo            |   36 |  36.73% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Tinkatink          |   33 |  33.67% |  57.58% |
| 4    | Stantler           |   32 |  32.65% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Gligar             |   26 |  26.53% |  61.54% |
| 5    | Grimer-Alola       |   26 |  26.53% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Voltorb-Hisui      |   23 |  23.47% |  60.87% |
| 8    | Girafarig          |   22 |  22.45% |  54.55% |
| 9    | Meditite           |   21 |  21.43% |  57.14% |
| 9    | Foongus            |   21 |  21.43% |  57.14% |
| 9    | Cutiefly           |   21 |  21.43% |  47.62% |
| 9    | Vullaby            |   21 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 13   | Finneon            |   17 |  17.35% |  52.94% |
| 13   | Mudbray            |   17 |  17.35% |  35.29% |
| 15   | Wingull            |   16 |  16.33% |  37.50% |
| 16   | Snover             |   14 |  14.29% |  57.14% |
| 16   | Pawniard           |   14 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Grookey            |   13 |  13.27% |  15.38% |
| 19   | Vulpix-Alola       |   10 |  10.20% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Wattrel            |    9 |   9.18% |  44.44% |
| 20   | Glimmet            |    9 |   9.18% |  44.44% |
| 22   | Timburr            |    7 |   7.14% |  42.86% |
| 22   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    7 |   7.14% |  42.86% |
| 22   | Corphish           |    7 |   7.14% |  28.57% |
| 25   | Gothita            |    6 |   6.12% |  66.67% |
| 25   | Cubchoo            |    6 |   6.12% |  66.67% |
| 25   | Larvesta           |    6 |   6.12% |  66.67% |
| 25   | Sandshrew-Alola    |    6 |   6.12% |  66.67% |
| 25   | Growlithe          |    6 |   6.12% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Houndour           |    5 |   5.10% |  60.00% |
| 30   | Magnemite          |    5 |   5.10% |  40.00% |
| 30   | Aipom              |    5 |   5.10% |  20.00% |
| 33   | Skrelp             |    4 |   4.08% |  75.00% |
| 33   | Cyndaquil          |    4 |   4.08% |  50.00% |
| 33   | Mareanie           |    4 |   4.08% |  50.00% |
| 33   | Shroodle           |    4 |   4.08% |  25.00% |
| 33   | Impidimp           |    4 |   4.08% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Munchlax           |    3 |   3.06% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Arrokuda           |    3 |   3.06% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Poltchageist       |    3 |   3.06% |  33.33% |
| 38   | Psyduck            |    3 |   3.06% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Bramblin           |    2 |   2.04% | 100.00% |
| 42   | Croagunk           |    2 |   2.04% | 100.00% |
| 42   | Nymble             |    2 |   2.04% |  50.00% |
| 42   | Surskit            |    2 |   2.04% |   0.00% |
| 42   | Koffing            |    2 |   2.04% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Tandemaus          |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Litwick            |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Skiddo             |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Hippopotas         |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Shellos-East       |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Maschiff           |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Rufflet            |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Vulpix             |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Bellsprout         |    1 |   1.02% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Fomantis           |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Numel              |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Drifloon           |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Silicobra          |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Dratini            |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Cleffa             |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Mankey             |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Meowth-Galar       |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Axew               |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Riolu              |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Charmander         |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Salandit           |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Slowpoke-Galar     |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Frigibax           |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Buizel             |    1 |   1.02% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Tinkatink          |   12 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |   11 |  30.56% |  72.73% |
| 2    | Gligar             |   11 |  30.56% |  63.64% |
| 2    | Grimer-Alola       |   11 |  30.56% |  45.45% |
| 5    | Mienfoo            |    9 |  25.00% |  55.56% |
| 5    | Mudbray            |    9 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Grookey            |    9 |  25.00% |  11.11% |
| 8    | Meditite           |    8 |  22.22% |  75.00% |
| 8    | Finneon            |    8 |  22.22% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Stantler           |    7 |  19.44% |  71.43% |
| 10   | Foongus            |    7 |  19.44% |  71.43% |
| 10   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    7 |  19.44% |  57.14% |
| 10   | Cutiefly           |    7 |  19.44% |  28.57% |
| 14   | Girafarig          |    6 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 14   | Vullaby            |    6 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Vulpix-Alola       |    5 |  13.89% |  60.00% |
| 16   | Pawniard           |    5 |  13.89% |  40.00% |
| 16   | Corphish           |    5 |  13.89% |  20.00% |
| 19   | Cubchoo            |    4 |  11.11% |  75.00% |
| 19   | Glimmet            |    4 |  11.11% |  75.00% |
| 19   | Shroodle           |    4 |  11.11% |  25.00% |
| 19   | Wingull            |    4 |  11.11% |  25.00% |
| 19   | Wattrel            |    4 |  11.11% |  25.00% |
| 19   | Impidimp           |    4 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Snover             |    3 |   8.33% |  66.67% |
| 25   | Sandshrew-Alola    |    3 |   8.33% |  66.67% |
| 25   | Larvesta           |    3 |   8.33% |  66.67% |
| 25   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    3 |   8.33% |  33.33% |
| 25   | Psyduck            |    3 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Timburr            |    2 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Croagunk           |    2 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Arrokuda           |    2 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Gothita            |    2 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Growlithe          |    2 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Aipom              |    2 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Surskit            |    2 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Nymble             |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Tandemaus          |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Litwick            |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Skiddo             |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Hippopotas         |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Shellos-East       |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Maschiff           |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 37   | Drifloon           |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Silicobra          |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Dratini            |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Cleffa             |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Houndour           |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Mankey             |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Magnemite          |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Meowth-Galar       |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Axew               |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Riolu              |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Charmander         |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 37   | Salandit           |    1 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   20 |  62.50% |  65.00% |
| 2    | Gligar             |   15 |  46.88% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Tinkatink          |   11 |  34.38% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Grimer-Alola       |   10 |  31.25% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Girafarig          |    9 |  28.12% |  55.56% |
| 5    | Stantler           |    9 |  28.12% |  44.44% |
| 5    | Mienfoo            |    9 |  28.12% |  33.33% |
| 8    | Cutiefly           |    7 |  21.88% |  57.14% |
| 8    | Meditite           |    7 |  21.88% |  57.14% |
| 8    | Vullaby            |    7 |  21.88% |  14.29% |
| 11   | Foongus            |    6 |  18.75% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Wingull            |    6 |  18.75% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Finneon            |    6 |  18.75% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    6 |  18.75% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Mudbray            |    6 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Vulpix-Alola       |    5 |  15.62% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Pawniard           |    4 |  12.50% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Timburr            |    4 |  12.50% |  25.00% |
| 17   | Glimmet            |    4 |  12.50% |  25.00% |
| 20   | Houndour           |    3 |   9.38% |  66.67% |
| 20   | Growlithe          |    3 |   9.38% |  66.67% |
| 20   | Wattrel            |    3 |   9.38% |  66.67% |
| 20   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    3 |   9.38% |  66.67% |
| 20   | Snover             |    3 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 20   | Poltchageist       |    3 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 26   | Corphish           |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 26   | Sandshrew-Alola    |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 26   | Koffing            |    2 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Aipom              |    2 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Rufflet            |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Bramblin           |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Munchlax           |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Vulpix             |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Bellsprout         |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Magnemite          |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Skrelp             |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Slowpoke-Galar     |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Arrokuda           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Mareanie           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Nymble             |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Frigibax           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Buizel             |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Larvesta           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   12 |  75.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Mienfoo            |   10 |  62.50% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Stantler           |    9 |  56.25% |  44.44% |
| 4    | Voltorb-Hisui      |    5 |  31.25% |  80.00% |
| 4    | Foongus            |    5 |  31.25% |  20.00% |
| 4    | Tinkatink          |    5 |  31.25% |  20.00% |
| 7    | Girafarig          |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Wingull            |    4 |  25.00% |  25.00% |
| 9    | Snover             |    3 |  18.75% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Finneon            |    3 |  18.75% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Cutiefly           |    3 |  18.75% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Grimer-Alola       |    3 |  18.75% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Vullaby            |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Meditite           |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 15   | Mareanie           |    2 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Magnemite          |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Cyndaquil          |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Wattrel            |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Pawniard           |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Grookey            |    2 |  12.50% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Bramblin           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Houndour           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Munchlax           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Sandshrew-Alola    |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Larvesta           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Skrelp             |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Aipom              |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Growlithe          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Glimmet            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Numel              |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Mudbray            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |    9 |  90.00% |  44.44% |
| 2    | Mienfoo            |    7 |  70.00% |  42.86% |
| 3    | Stantler           |    5 |  50.00% |  40.00% |
| 4    | Tinkatink          |    4 |  40.00% |  75.00% |
| 4    | Vullaby            |    4 |  40.00% |  75.00% |
| 4    | Voltorb-Hisui      |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Cutiefly           |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Snover             |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Girafarig          |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Meditite           |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Pawniard           |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Skrelp             |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Foongus            |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Larvesta           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Grookey            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Mudbray            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Gothita            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Cubchoo            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Munchlax           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Grimer-Alola       |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Wingull            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Magnemite          |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Mareanie           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Gothita            |    3 |  75.00% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Misdreavus         |    2 |  50.00% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Snover             |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Stantler           |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Foongus            |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Grimer-Alola       |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Mienfoo            |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Cutiefly           |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Tinkatink          |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Voltorb-Hisui      |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Girafarig          |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Meditite           |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Pawniard           |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Vullaby            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Cubchoo            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Fomantis           |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Timburr            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Grookey            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Wingull            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |

Last edited:
Welcome to the second, and probably last, voting slate of the first DLC of Doubles LC.

Last voting got Yanma banned unanimously, but the council agreed that we needed more time to look into the other problematic Pokemon.

Two weeks have passed since then, lets take a look to the results. Remember that in order to get banned, a Pokemon must have 5/7 pro ban votes.

1696858476734.png

Gligar, Vulpix-Alola and Vulpix-Kanto have been banned from Doubles LC! Tagging Kris and Marty to implement these bans.

Gligar has proven to be an absolute monster in the short time that it was around.
Superb bulk paired with decent attack and 19 speed make it really hard to bring it down. It also had perfect coverage with Ground/Flying STABs and moves like Rock Slide, Knock Off or Crabhammer, and access to Swords Dance and Tailwind made it really hard to deal with it.
Thanks to Tera Water, it was able to get rid of his weakness to Snow teams, being able to adopt a more defensive type, which results in a harder time to the opponent.
Overall, we all agreed that Gligar was too much.

Once again, another generation in which both foxes get banned. Historically, weathers with an auto-setter have been a problematic part of the metagame, and weather wars were not healthy at all.

The main problem of Vulpix-Alola in the past was its move Aurora Veil, a powerful move that provided so much durability to your team. Taking into account how LC damages usually work, this move was most of the times too overwhelming for your opponent to deal with.

But this generation there was another key factor to this ban. We all can agree that Snow teams got much better this generation thanks to the new buff to Ice Pokemon defense. This buff made A-pix so much better, since it was easier for it to set up its Veil. And at the same time, A-pix itself was a buff to Snow Teams since its a much better Pokemon than Snover.

On the other hand we have the fire fox, Vulpix-Kanto. Vulpix is not as useful as A-pix, but it still hit pretty hard thanks to his ability Drought, which is the key problem.
Sun teams have always been really strong. They provide the games with an absurd Speed control, alongside some really strong hitters.
The existence of Chlorophyll abusers like Bellsprout, which has access to Solar Beam and Wheater Ball for an almost perfect coverage, and Sleep Powder to put to sleep its main counters; and Sun abusers like Solar Power Charmander and Eruption Cyndaquill, both being able to overwhelm with spread boosted Fire moves that are really difficult to deal with.

Sun being really good into Snow teams and everything without a concrete speed control or Fire resist, Snow Veil being good into everything else, the wheater wars between Sun and Veil Snow... All of this creates a very unhealthy metagame in which is really difficult to prepare for both weathers at the same time, and makes every team a flipcoin between Sun and Snow.

On a side note, we included Stantler in this slate and we will keep an eye on him in the future, since some of us believed it is in a really great spot right now. The Tera Fairy Calm Mind set is shining now since, unless Girafarig and Missy, it is able to deal with some of its counters like Tinkatink or Grimer-Alola thanks to Earth Power as coverage.

Thanks for reading!

Hey everyone! Back again with some announcements.

First of all, the council has unanimously decided to ban Duraludon :duraludon:. I don´t think we need a deep explanation about this, crazy mon with an overwhelming BST, crazy typing and movepool etc... it doesn´t belong in LC. Tagging Kris and Marty to implement the ban, thanks!

-------------------------------------------

In other order of things, we have some updates about the council!

First of all, Acehunter1 is dropping as Tier Leader, he wants to slowly give the spotlight to the young talents of the tier. But fear not! He will stay on the council for now (even if I try to kick him out lmao), I don´t have to say how important is Ace for our community and how much work has done for the tier since almost the beggining of it, it´s so good to still have him around!

This is also sad news, Toadow will drop from the council. Just like Ace, Toadow has been here from almost the beggining of the tier, being a part of the council from the majority of SS. Unfortunately, he didn´t had much time to play this last year. Thank you for everything you have done for this tier and I hope you to see you playing some games in our circuit tours very soon!

Enough with the sad news, let me present you our newest council memeber John1240! John is a well-known and very stablished player in our community, he has been a top player since the times of SS and also shown a lot of activity, that´s why we choose him as our new incorporation. I hope you all congratulate him!

Thats all for today, thanks for reading!

2024 DLC CIRCUIT

1094 sin título_20240218161933.png

Art by Gaboswampert

Welcome to the 2024 DLC Circuit! This year´s circuit will consist of the following tournaments:
  • Doubles LC Seasonal​
  • Doubles LC Swiss​
  • Doubles LC Majors​
  • Doubles LC Last Chance​
This all concludes with the DLC Invitational, during which the Top 12 players based on Circuit Points earned through the year will fight for the title of 2024 DLC circuit winner.

The schedule for the 2024 Doubles LC Circuit tournaments is as follows.

Type A
Doubles LC Winter Seasonal:
March 4th

Type B
Doubles LC Swiss:
May 10th
Doubles LC Majors: August 5th
Doubles LC Last Chance: October 7th

Doubles Invitational: November 25th

Single elimination tours will use this for scoring and double elimination tours will use this. Note that the listed point values are for Type A Tournaments, Type B and C Tournaments will use ratios of 3:2 and 3:1 for equivalent placements.

The circuit spreadsheet will be released in the future.

Attachments

Last edited:
Winter Seasonal #3 Usage Stats
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   65 |  52.42% |  49.23% |
| 2    | Mudbray            |   51 |  41.13% |  54.90% |
| 2    | Vullaby            |   51 |  41.13% |  43.14% |
| 2    | Stantler           |   51 |  41.13% |  43.14% |
| 5    | Cutiefly           |   33 |  26.61% |  45.45% |
| 6    | Litten             |   29 |  23.39% |  68.97% |
| 7    | Girafarig          |   25 |  20.16% |  60.00% |
| 7    | Grookey            |   25 |  20.16% |  48.00% |
| 9    | Foongus            |   23 |  18.55% |  52.17% |
| 10   | Wingull            |   22 |  17.74% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Glimmet            |   20 |  16.13% |  55.00% |
| 12   | Scraggy            |   18 |  14.52% |  66.67% |
| 12   | Tinkatink          |   18 |  14.52% |  55.56% |
| 12   | Pawniard           |   18 |  14.52% |  27.78% |
| 15   | Growlithe-Hisui    |   17 |  13.71% |  29.41% |
| 16   | Snover             |   16 |  12.90% |  43.75% |
| 17   | Porygon            |   15 |  12.10% |  46.67% |
| 18   | Mienfoo            |   14 |  11.29% |  42.86% |
| 19   | Meditite           |   13 |  10.48% |  53.85% |
| 20   | Voltorb-Hisui      |   12 |   9.68% |  66.67% |
| 20   | Inkay              |   12 |   9.68% |  58.33% |
| 22   | Chinchou           |   11 |   8.87% |  45.45% |
| 23   | Fletchling         |   10 |   8.06% |  60.00% |
| 23   | Cyndaquil          |   10 |   8.06% |  50.00% |
| 23   | Elekid             |   10 |   8.06% |  40.00% |
| 26   | Corphish           |    9 |   7.26% |  66.67% |
| 26   | Grimer-Alola       |    9 |   7.26% |  66.67% |
| 26   | Gothita            |    9 |   7.26% |  66.67% |
| 26   | Snivy              |    9 |   7.26% |  55.56% |
| 30   | Poltchageist       |    8 |   6.45% |  62.50% |
| 30   | Dewpider           |    8 |   6.45% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Doduo              |    7 |   5.65% |  57.14% |
| 33   | Squirtle           |    6 |   4.84% |  50.00% |
| 33   | Skrelp             |    6 |   4.84% |  16.67% |
| 33   | Diglett            |    6 |   4.84% |  16.67% |
| 36   | Finneon            |    5 |   4.03% |  60.00% |
| 36   | Litwick            |    5 |   4.03% |  40.00% |
| 36   | Zorua-Hisui        |    5 |   4.03% |  40.00% |
| 36   | Stunky             |    5 |   4.03% |  20.00% |
| 36   | Cranidos           |    5 |   4.03% |  20.00% |
| 41   | Mareanie           |    4 |   3.23% |  75.00% |
| 41   | Growlithe          |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Fomantis           |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Popplio            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Cubchoo            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Impidimp           |    3 |   2.42% |  33.33% |
| 47   | Magnemite          |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Solosis            |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Wattrel            |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Bramblin           |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 47   | Magby              |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Gastly             |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Cleffa             |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Horsea             |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Beldum             |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Aipom              |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Cacnea             |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Drilbur            |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Hippopotas         |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Spinarak           |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 52   | Frigibax           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Cottonee           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Koffing            |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Snubbull           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Flabébé            |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Sandshrew-Alola    |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Rufflet            |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Charmander         |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Bellsprout         |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Numel              |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 52   | Shroodle           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   24 |  52.17% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Stantler           |   20 |  43.48% |  45.00% |
| 3    | Vullaby            |   19 |  41.30% |  42.11% |
| 4    | Mudbray            |   18 |  39.13% |  55.56% |
| 5    | Cutiefly           |   13 |  28.26% |  38.46% |
| 6    | Foongus            |   10 |  21.74% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Tinkatink          |   10 |  21.74% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Girafarig          |   10 |  21.74% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Litten             |    9 |  19.57% |  88.89% |
| 9    | Grookey            |    9 |  19.57% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Glimmet            |    8 |  17.39% |  75.00% |
| 12   | Inkay              |    7 |  15.22% |  42.86% |
| 12   | Mienfoo            |    7 |  15.22% |  42.86% |
| 14   | Scraggy            |    6 |  13.04% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Wingull            |    6 |  13.04% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Snover             |    6 |  13.04% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Pawniard           |    5 |  10.87% |  20.00% |
| 17   | Porygon            |    5 |  10.87% |  20.00% |
| 19   | Cyndaquil          |    4 |   8.70% |  50.00% |
| 19   | Finneon            |    4 |   8.70% |  50.00% |
| 19   | Skrelp             |    4 |   8.70% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    4 |   8.70% |   0.00% |
| 23   | Meditite           |    3 |   6.52% | 100.00% |
| 23   | Gothita            |    3 |   6.52% | 100.00% |
| 23   | Squirtle           |    3 |   6.52% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Mareanie           |    3 |   6.52% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Fletchling         |    3 |   6.52% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    3 |   6.52% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Dewpider           |    3 |   6.52% |  33.33% |
| 23   | Snivy              |    3 |   6.52% |  33.33% |
| 23   | Chinchou           |    3 |   6.52% |  33.33% |
| 23   | Grimer-Alola       |    3 |   6.52% |  33.33% |
| 23   | Diglett            |    3 |   6.52% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Corphish           |    2 |   4.35% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Elekid             |    2 |   4.35% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Litwick            |    2 |   4.35% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Fomantis           |    2 |   4.35% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Popplio            |    2 |   4.35% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Doduo              |    2 |   4.35% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Poltchageist       |    2 |   4.35% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Stunky             |    2 |   4.35% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Cranidos           |    2 |   4.35% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Cubchoo            |    2 |   4.35% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Impidimp           |    1 |   2.17% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Spinarak           |    1 |   2.17% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Magnemite          |    1 |   2.17% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Zorua-Hisui        |    1 |   2.17% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Solosis            |    1 |   2.17% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Wattrel            |    1 |   2.17% | 100.00% |
| 44   | Flabébé            |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Bramblin           |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Sandshrew-Alola    |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Rufflet            |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Growlithe          |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Charmander         |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Bellsprout         |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Numel              |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
| 44   | Shroodle           |    1 |   2.17% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   21 |  52.50% |  57.14% |
| 2    | Stantler           |   17 |  42.50% |  47.06% |
| 3    | Mudbray            |   16 |  40.00% |  62.50% |
| 4    | Vullaby            |   14 |  35.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Litten             |   13 |  32.50% |  53.85% |
| 6    | Grookey            |    9 |  22.50% |  44.44% |
| 7    | Girafarig          |    8 |  20.00% |  62.50% |
| 7    | Wingull            |    8 |  20.00% |  37.50% |
| 7    | Cutiefly           |    8 |  20.00% |  37.50% |
| 10   | Glimmet            |    7 |  17.50% |  42.86% |
| 10   | Scraggy            |    7 |  17.50% |  42.86% |
| 10   | Pawniard           |    7 |  17.50% |  14.29% |
| 13   | Foongus            |    6 |  15.00% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Snover             |    6 |  15.00% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Elekid             |    6 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    5 |  12.50% |  60.00% |
| 16   | Porygon            |    5 |  12.50% |  60.00% |
| 18   | Grimer-Alola       |    4 |  10.00% |  75.00% |
| 18   | Meditite           |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Gothita            |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Zorua-Hisui        |    4 |  10.00% |  25.00% |
| 18   | Mienfoo            |    4 |  10.00% |  25.00% |
| 23   | Dewpider           |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Doduo              |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Snivy              |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Corphish           |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Poltchageist       |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 23   | Chinchou           |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 23   | Fletchling         |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 23   | Cyndaquil          |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 31   | Cubchoo            |    2 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Inkay              |    2 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Growlithe          |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Squirtle           |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Growlithe-Hisui    |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Tinkatink          |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 31   | Magby              |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Impidimp           |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Aipom              |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Magnemite          |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Solosis            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Cacnea             |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Drilbur            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Hippopotas         |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Wattrel            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Finneon            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Mareanie           |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Skrelp             |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Diglett            |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Stunky             |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Cranidos           |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Litwick            |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Fomantis           |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Popplio            |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Snubbull           |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Mudbray            |    8 |  57.14% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Vullaby            |    6 |  42.86% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Stantler           |    5 |  35.71% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Misdreavus         |    5 |  35.71% |  40.00% |
| 5    | Cutiefly           |    4 |  28.57% |  75.00% |
| 6    | Fletchling         |    3 |  21.43% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Scraggy            |    3 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Grookey            |    3 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Wingull            |    3 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Growlithe-Hisui    |    3 |  21.43% |  33.33% |
| 11   | Cyndaquil          |    2 |  14.29% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Snover             |    2 |  14.29% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Litten             |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Corphish           |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Poltchageist       |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Girafarig          |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Gothita            |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Chinchou           |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Diglett            |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Stunky             |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Pawniard           |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Cranidos           |    2 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Elekid             |    2 |  14.29% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Bramblin           |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 24   | Growlithe          |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 24   | Tinkatink          |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 24   | Meditite           |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 24   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 24   | Foongus            |    1 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 24   | Dewpider           |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Doduo              |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Snivy              |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Glimmet            |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Litwick            |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Fomantis           |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Popplio            |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Porygon            |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Koffing            |    1 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
Code:
| 1    | Misdreavus         |   15 |  62.50% |  40.00% |
| 2    | Vullaby            |   12 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Mudbray            |    9 |  37.50% |  44.44% |
| 3    | Stantler           |    9 |  37.50% |  22.22% |
| 5    | Cutiefly           |    8 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Growlithe-Hisui    |    8 |  33.33% |  37.50% |
| 7    | Foongus            |    6 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Litten             |    5 |  20.83% |  80.00% |
| 8    | Girafarig          |    5 |  20.83% |  80.00% |
| 8    | Wingull            |    5 |  20.83% |  80.00% |
| 8    | Tinkatink          |    5 |  20.83% |  60.00% |
| 8    | Meditite           |    5 |  20.83% |  20.00% |
| 13   | Porygon            |    4 |  16.67% |  75.00% |
| 13   | Pawniard           |    4 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Glimmet            |    4 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Grookey            |    4 |  16.67% |  25.00% |
| 17   | Mienfoo            |    3 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 17   | Inkay              |    3 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 17   | Voltorb-Hisui      |    3 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 17   | Chinchou           |    3 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 21   | Snivy              |    2 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Grimer-Alola       |    2 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Scraggy            |    2 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Corphish           |    2 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Snover             |    2 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Gastly             |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Dewpider           |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Doduo              |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Cleffa             |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Horsea             |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Beldum             |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Poltchageist       |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Skrelp             |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Fletchling         |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Cyndaquil          |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Squirtle           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Frigibax           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Litwick            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 26   | Cottonee           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |

Last edited:
Hi everyone, with LPL kicking off recently I've been looking at the builder again and thought it would be cool to nominate some niche Mons for lower spots on the VR that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. I don't have too many to nominate right now and at another time might do a more detailed analysis of the current VR, but here are a few Mons that I've really been wanting to talk about:

-=-=-=-=-=-

:Cleffa:

UR - T4 / T5: Cleffa is arguably the best friend guard option we have and I was making friend guard builds work even when we just had Igglybuff and Happiny. Its pure fairy typing is defensively better than the normal / fairy and normal typings of the aforementioned two, respectively, and it also has the best overall bulk of available friend guard users. With access to a solid utility profile in icy wind, thunder wave, encore, heal pulse, fake tears, and helping hand, Cleffa has no shortage of moves to pick and choose from, additionally. While Igglybuff also has access to most of these moves, we at least now have a reason to drop Happiny on friend guard set-up spam builds. All in all, though, I think that friend guard utility Mons are splashable even on builds not leaning hard into set-up, and that this should for the first time be reflected in the VR.

-=-=-=-=-=-

:Ekans:

UR - T4 / T5: While Ekans may be overshadowed by other utility intimidate users, it still has some notable moves that give it a niche in the meta and the ability to fit on a variety of teams. It has access to knock off to hit Mons like Misdreavus that would otherwise resist gunk shot, its strong STAB option, and also just generally frustrate the opposition as nothing appreciates losing its eviolite, as well as coil as an option on set-up builds. Coil is particularly useful as gunk shot will become 100% accurate after one use. It also has access to glare, which greatens its utility profile as spreading paralysis in addition to intimidate is crippling, and also serves as a more reliable paralysis option to thunder wave; this may be seen on para spam / status spam builds. Notably, glare can also paralyse Mudbray, although this must acknowledge that Ekans matches up very negatively into Mudbray and so you're potentially trading either tera or just a slot on your team for this interaction.

-=-=-=-=-=-

:Espurr:

UR - T5: Espurr only really seems to have a niche on psychic terrain builds, which are already somewhat problematic given that Grookey is not uncommon and can change the terrain at will. However, it's definitely a solid pick for these builds because it has an above-average statline, access to nasty plot, access to coverage moves like dark pulse to hit enemy psychics or thunderbolt to hit Vullaby, and, most notably, infiltrator, which means that Espurr ignores screens and so massively improves psychic terrain's match-up into lead Cutiefly / Stantler screens.

-=-=-=-=-=-

:Pikipek:

UR - T5: STAB boomburst, tailwind, knock, and brave bird - that's about it. It has a pretty awful statline, but its modest boomburst manages to be as strong as modest Girafarig's hyper voice and I think that's noteworthy on webs builds, especially because you can pair it with a soundproof Holtorb to not only chip opponents into boomburst range with electroweb, but also lower their speed for Pikipek to manage. Of course, here I wouldn't be suggesting it as an alternative to modest Girafarig on these builds, since Girafarig also has access to nasty plot, etc. But the two can certainly be run alongside one another. Further, since Pikipek doesn't have to invest too heavily into speed on these builds, it can afford to run modest max special attack and still have EVs left over to salvage a mixed set out of. It's definitely difficult to make work and webs builds have no shortage of options already, but I think it's at least deserving of some mention.

196+ SpA Tera Normal Pikipek Boomburst vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Stantler: 10-14 (41.6 - 58.3%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO
196+ SpA Tera Normal Girafarig Hyper Voice vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Stantler: 10-14 (41.6 - 58.3%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO

-=-=-=-=-=-

:Minccino:

UR - T5: Multi-hit moves abuser which, like Aipom, has access to knock, and, unlike Aipom, has access to tail slap, as well as coverage moves in triple axel and bullet seed which synergise with skill link or technician. Further, it has the set-up option of tidy up, which makes up for its lower speed and attack compared to Aipom and incidentally removes rocks or webs should opponents choose to bring them - granted, it may be somewhat difficult to set up, but by no means impossible. The calcs below also demonstrate that having tail slap as opposed to fury swipes in and of itself makes up for the attack difference between the two Mons.

196 Atk Minccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 12 HP / 20 Def Eviolite Stantler: 15-20 (62.5 - 83.3%) -- approx. 2HKO
196 Atk Aipom Fury Swipes (5 hits) vs. 12 HP / 20 Def Eviolite Stantler: 15-20 (62.5 - 83.3%) -- approx. 2HKO

-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)