Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Explosion

Cloyster was the point of this team. I wanted to take out the genies reliably, but was bored of using Mamoswine so tried this guy. He worked wonders, as aside from the genies, Cloyster also took out Latios, Hydreigon, Shaymin-S, Garchomp, Whimsicott, and more. I'd highly recommend people try this set out, as it really works (just don't risk Rock Blast missing as much as I did x_x).

Bisharp @ Dark Gem
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Night Slash
- Protect

Bisharp was here to help against harmful speed control, mostly Trick Room, and discourage Intimidate users from nerfing Cloyster's attacks. It also forms 1/3 of my "anti-meta" core. The set is a standard one with a few speed EVs for creeping past Metagross, so moving on.

Volcarona @ Bug Gem
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

The final member of my "anti-meta" core, assisting against Trick Room setters and other common threats. I originally had Lum Berry, but switched to Bug Gem so that I could OHKO Tyranitar in sand at +1 from Quiver Dance. I ended up facing a loss or two from paralysis however, so Lum Berry would have been more useful in retrospect.

Hitmontop @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Wide Guard
- Fake Out

I was worried about physical attackers like Excadrill running all over the "anti-meta" core, so I threw in Hitmontop for good measure, as Intimidate, Wide Guard, and Fake Out can keep threats like Excadrill in check. Once again, this is a standard set w/ some speed creeping EVs, so there isn't much to add.

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpA / 176 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

This is a standard bulky Thundurus. I mostly used it for shutting down opposing Thunder Wave spam and spamming Thunder Waves of my own for speed control. As we all know, it also works very well in tandem with Hitmontop. In retrospect, Cresselia w/ Icy Wind would have been better here, using Helping Hand and Sunny Day for extra support that would have been nice, and avoiding yet another Rock-type weakness (Rock Slide spam deathflinched me often x_x).

*The last slot changed almost every battle as I tried to decide what it should be (x_x), but some notable choices I stuck with for a fair while are Rotom-W and Latios, which were both standard Choice Specs and Dragon Gem sets, respectively*

Alt: NollanSpam
Current Ladder Standing: 2504 ACRE, 2639 +/- 133 Glicko2 (I will kill you all.... granted I don't hit a loss xD) ...nvm I'm not going to make this in time ;-;

Last edited:
Alt: Carbronara
Current Ladder Standing: 1927 Acre, 2053 +/- 89 Glicko2
Ladder Ranking: #113

since im new to doubles, im using BlankZero's 'Who's Who in Doubles' team, so i probably wont write anything up about it since its obviously already in the RMT

new alt: aranobraC
current ladder standing: 2113 ACRE, 2247 +/- 95 Glicko2
Ladder Ranking: #6

(hopefully im allowed to start a new alt)

Last edited:
Alt: Carbronara
Current Ladder Standing: 1962 Acre, 2129 +/- 118 Glicko2
Ladder Ranking: N/A

since im new to doubles, im using BlankZero's 'Who's Who in Doubles' team, so i probably wont write anything up about it since its obviously already in the RMT
I'll let it slide (or maybe this is a fresh alt and I'm just naturally slow) this time, but please remember to post your alt BEFORE beginning laddering. Just a heads up. :)

Whoops, fixing that. xD

I'll also take the opportunity to give a heads up that this round will end in ~1 week.
Does that deadline include posting up teams? I want to share mine but not before I give it a go in Doubles Doubles c:

Last edited:
Does that deadline include posting up teams? I want to share mine but not before I give it a go in Doubles Doubles c:
It does, unfortunately :(

-EDIT-
I got knocked out of Doubles Doubles so if you like you can just PM the team for a point

Last edited:
Can I sign up for the next round in advance? Thanks.
EDIT:
Ladder acc: Kinglerdubsnub
Ranking: none atm

Last edited:
Yeah, so the round is over (ik, I'm a bit late, but meh).

Nobody managed to maintain a top 10 placing with one of their registered alts, but there are a few things to address. Lasagne21 gets 2 points because I can confirm he hit #6 (points are halved since the ranking was not maintained). For future notice though, it is best that you post a screenshot, because if it can't be confirmed then you won't get any points.

I might think about giving a few points (like 1-3 or something) for top 25 and up, since the ladder has become more competitive recently and maintaining a top 10 ranking can be difficult, but for now I'm not going to award points for that.

As for the next round... when Gen 6 is up the ladder will probably reset. I'll open up signups for the next round and you can start laddering, but if the ladders reset this round will end early. The current deadline is October 31st, though I am skeptical as to whether the ladder will last that long.

Hey Nollan, if i didn't get the ladder ranking(or the reqs) but i played 100 games, do i get the points? Because I came really close to reqs but fucked up and yeah i suck lol

Whew; i had played like 65 games so far with a decent w/l ratio(i suck ^_^) It's interesting how taxing yet fun this can be!
image.jpg image.jpg

Second screenshot is weird but w/e five points lgi

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My last ladder run was terrible -_-

Alt: PockeQuest 3
Current Ladder Standing: ??? ACRE, ??? +/- ?? Glicko2
Ladder Ranking: ?th Place

Ok registering twice
Alt name: kinglernumeros(yes i finally did it)
edit- ugh hax made me lose match 1, nvm not laddering

Last edited:
Alright, since no one seems to have done much laddering, I'll keep this round going despite the reset. Deadline is same and this will be the last round (hopefully) to be done on the Gen 5 SmogDubs ladder. You can ladder on the Gen 6 SmogDubz ladder too, because it has more Halloween-themed Pokemon.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm sorry for triple posting for just registering, but I'm registering kinglerdubsnub again to ladder; dafuq dont i get good opps i hate noinflation
edit- tbh nollan next round can you not include gen6doubles? I failed really badly and didn't get the reqs but still got the ladder ranking :O
ScreenShot013.gif

yay

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nollan if i ladder on gen 6 lader do i get points? cuz im ranked 1st right now on the alt audiospicious
proof:
upload_2013-10-26_12-36-30.png

Last edited:
Well I was planning on the round being over when the 31st was over, but whatevs:

Since every alt is fresh, BLOOD TOTEM (TESTAN STUFF) gets 5 points, Level 51 gets 4 points, kingofmars gets 1 point and Nollan gets 3 points (half of the points they would earn if they had registered a fresh alt). Anyone else who made top 10 can contact me for half points as well. Audiosurfer gets 4 points since he hit #7 on the pokebank ladder. Kingler12345 gets 4 points for hitting #6 and cxinlee gets 10 points for hitting #1.

Last edited:
Nollan why haven't i gotten my 5 points from playing on the ladder, i confirmed it despite the reset ;___;
Edit- great, another useless post.... Can someone please delete this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)