Double Team 1.0

This year I'm hoping to enter the Pokemon Video Game Championships, and because of the release of BW, it's Unova pokemon only. It's also all double battles, and only 4 pokemon are used in each battle. This is the first team I've created for it, and my first double team ever, so much improvement is needed!

Eelektross@Sitrus Berry
Levitate
Jolly (+Spe/-Sp.A)
EVs: 88 HP/38 Atk/68 Def/68 Sp.D/250 Spe
Wild Charge
Acrobatics
Flamethrower
Protect

Landorus@Earth Jewel
Sand Force
Adamant (+Atk/-Sp.A)
EVs: 100 HP/152 Atk/50 Def/60 Sp.D/148 Spe
Earthquake
Protect
Outrage/Fly
Rock Slide

These two are my leads. Eelektross' levitate cancels out Landorus' earthquake, which, when coupled with an Earth Jewel, makes it hit real hard. Wild Charge is for STAB, and the Sitrus Berry helps heal if HP gets too low. Acrobatics is for coverage, and also hits Accelgor pretty hard. Flamethrower is also for coverage, and hits Ferrothorn well. Eelektross' Protect saves it in case Landorus' Outrage targets it. I'm currently testing Outrage, if it doesn't work out, then I'll replace it with Fly for STAB, despite the loss of one turn. Rock Slide is for coverage and takes out the Djinn trio quite well.

Alomomola@Leftovers
Healer
Careful (+Sp.D/-Sp.A)
EVs: 152 Atk/40 Def/66 Sp.D/252 Spe
Heal Pulse
Waterfall
Helping Hand
Aqua Jet

Alomomola provides a bit of support to this team, in the forms of Healer, Helping Hand and Heal Pulse. Aqua Jet is there for a quick finishing attack, whereas Waterfall is it's standard STAB move, when urgency is not needed as much. Maxed speed EVs are there to ensure Heal Pulse activates before the partner can be KOed.

Tornadus@Flight Jewel
Mischeivous Heart
Impish (+Def/-Sp.A)
EVs: 152 HP/100 Atk/80 Def/80 Sp.D/98 Spe
Protect
Acrobatics
Hammer Arm
Tailwind

Tornadus is another strong, fast pokemon on this team. Protect is standard, and Acrobatics and Flight Jewel hit hard with STAB. Hammer Arm is for slower Ice-Types that try to counter Tornadus, and another strong move for Tornadus. Tailwind is there if more speed is needed, for example against pokemon such as Accelgor or Mienshao.

The team has been tested a bit, and so far the only troubles I have had was with Trick Room teams, though I have managed to beat a couple a few times.

Help is HUGELY appreciated, I want to go far in this competition. :P

Isn't the whole point of an RMT to test a team, then ask for help?

Magnet and muscle band aren't that great. Use items like focus sash, sitrus berry etc. Your team doesn't have any sort of tactic apart from covering each other's weaknesses. Running max speed on most things is important unless you're doing trickroom, also rock slide > stone edge in doubles. You need protect/detect.

Sorry but this team is going to get assraped by any decent tailwind or trickroom team.

I suggest you go to the skarmbliss forums and read the RMTs there for ideas.

I've managed to test my team now, though only against a few different teams since there weren't many people online. T_T

But I've changed it a lot due to that, and as suggested switched items and a couple of moves. I'll edit the OP.

There are a few things I could point out...

#1: Why use Krookodile? It's too slow, it's not exactly powerful (although I kinda understand Moxie) and there are generally better pokes. Try Landorus, who is stronger, faster, and has the frankly rare Explosion.
#2: I know about Eelektross. the main point over my preferred Thundrus is that it has no weakness. All fine. But why have Jolly and use Flamethrower? Try a Hasty/Naive nature to increase your power output. You haven't noted anything specific that Jolly Flamethrower will KO.
#3: Your back-ups are too defensive. Believe me, I've tried and tested and seen countless championship teams, and they all have one goal in mind: see-and-get. Now, I have no right to say anything, really, as I've never actually played defensively in VGC, but I know for a fact that the best teams can either see-and-get, or be able to set up first (it usually takes around one turn to do so).

There are a few things I could point out...

#1: Why use Krookodile? It's too slow, it's not exactly powerful (although I kinda understand Moxie) and there are generally better pokes. Try Landorus, who is stronger, faster, and has the frankly rare Explosion.
#2: I know about Eelektross. the main point over my preferred Thundrus is that it has no weakness. All fine. But why have Jolly and use Flamethrower? Try a Hasty/Naive nature to increase your power output. You haven't noted anything specific that Jolly Flamethrower will KO.
#3: Your back-ups are too defensive. Believe me, I've tried and tested and seen countless championship teams, and they all have one goal in mind: see-and-get. Now, I have no right to say anything, really, as I've never actually played defensively in VGC, but I know for a fact that the best teams can either see-and-get, or be able to set up first (it usually takes around one turn to do so).
I just figured out that my team was too slow. :P I was just about to test Landorus actually, although Krookodile's powerful, it's speed always lets it down. Flamethrower was basically put on Eelektross to help counter some of Krookodile's weaknesses, though it can murder Ferrothorn. I'll try those natures, they should work out better. I agree with you on the two back-ups. Ferrothorn is too slow to do any good, at least not in doubles, and Alomomola, despite having an attack barely does any damage even with STAB and super effectiveness. That kind of team will probably work at lot better, and I'm now in the process of rebuilding my team. Thanks for all the advice! :D

What's Tornadus doing at the back? Won't he be more appreciated at the front, where Tailwind will benefit your Landorus and your Eelektross? I'm suggesting that you put Tornadus where Eelektross is, as then you have a dependable TailWinder to increase the speed of your main hitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)