Double Feature! Deluged Dimensions! (featuring Tachycardia)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
And it is I, once more with the second warstory of the month! Continuing my run in the NU Doubles Tour, I am faced with Tachycardia, where the only bit of knowledge I have of him is that he brought down Aasgier, meaning he definitely knows what he's doing in Doubles. The battle itself took place on April Fool's day, so the sprites have been changed on the day to look like this...

Punchshroom joined.
Tachycardia joined.
Format:
Smogon Doubles
Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned

Punchshroom's team:
/
/
/
/
/

Tachycardia's team:
/
/
/
/
/

Jumbled up messes they are XD, but ain't complaining, other than the fact I won't be using these sprites in the battle below, cos' frankly they're a bit of an eyesore (you didn't even know that was Octillery did you, or perhaps you confused Parasect for Amoonguss?). Anyway onward!

So Tachycardia's using a Rain team, the one that defeated Aasgier. When Aasgier told me about Spore, Parasect never even crossed my mind then as Amoonguss has left. Would've been pretty obvious then. While Rain-boosted assaults are really painful, I should have the upper hand if I can get Trick Room up: the issue is his Damp Rock pokemon whose Rain would outlast my Trick Room. I have to think hard about how I'd counteract in those turns.

A quick glance at Punchshroom's team tells me he's using Trick Room, ie the horrific strategy that most doubles and occasionally singles players dread. As nothing on his team could possibly carry fake out I struggle to tell who he's going to lead with although there's a strong chance it'll be something to set up TR. I choose to lead with Liepard and Parasect as between Fake Out and Spore I'll most likely be able to stop TR going up turn 1. In addition I might be able to set up the rain that's vital to my team's success.

Battle between Punchshroom and Tachycardia started!
Go! Beheeyem!
Go! Gurdurr!
Tachycardia sent out Liepard!
Tachycardia sent out Parasect!
100%
100%

100%
100%
I decided to lead off with my typical duo. They're designed to f**k up Musharna leads but they also function very well outside of that due to their high power and can strike at different spectrums. My Lum Berry Beheeyem also works well against status leads and usually guarantees the Trick Room.

Liepard tends to be fairly important to my overall strategy so when an 88lb, girder wielding, clown-nosed behemoth comes-a-knocking generally I aim to stop it murdering my kitty. My mind made up I decide to Fake Out Gurdurr and Spore Beheeyem to stop the impending Trick Room.

Turn 1
Tachycardia: love these sprites
The foe's Liepard used Fake Out!
Gurdurr lost 6% of its health!
Gurdurr flinched!
The foe's Parasect used Spore!
Beheeyem fell asleep!
Beheeyem ate its Lum Berry!
Beheeyem woke up!
Beheeyem used Trick Room!
Beheeyem twisted the dimensions!
l
100%
94% l
TRICK ROOM

l
100%
100% l
The risk here was that Tachycardia Fake Out Beheeyem and Spore Gurdurr, but due to the risk of Parasect being slower than Gurdurr (He's right here, I don't run min speed thanks to Hammer Arm), he decides to save Liepard. Gurdurr can't pwn Liepard for now, but Trick Room has gone up, so he will next turn. I also switch out Beheeyem for 3 reasons: fear of super effective STAB, Encore and Audino's Healer will come in handy against Parasect.

In my attempt to preserve Liepard I inadvertently allow TR to go up. Preserving Liepard violated one of the rules of Doubles in that it's generally better to prevent your opponent from executing their strategy than attempting to execute your own at all costs (especially if their using TR). Thanks to an unexpected Lum berry Beheeyem escapes sleep free as I go into panic mode. Attempting to right the wrongs of the previous turn I decide to encore Beheeyem with Liepard to at least reverse TR for another turn. Parasect Rage powders predicting Hammer Arm as I foolishly, once again, try to save Liepard.

Turn 2
Punchshroom: odd indeed XD
Beheeyem, come back!
Go! Audino!
The foe's Parasect used Rage Powder!
The foe's Liepard used Encore!
But it failed!
Gurdurr used Hammer Arm!
[DEBUG] Rage Powder redirected target of move.
[DEBUG] Iron Fist boost.

It's not very effective... The foe's Parasect lost 40% of its health!
Gurdurr's Speed fell!
The foe's Parasect restored HP using its Leftovers!
l
100%
94% -1 Speed l
100%
TRICK ROOM

l ->
66%<-
100% l
While I predicted Liepard's course of action, Parasect intercepts me with Rage Powder, a move I forgot it had. This is going to be fairly annoying, but I do have that nice Iron Fisted Ice Punch, which with Helping Hand would severely maim Parasect or outright KO it.

Punchshroom punishes the obvious encore with some smart switching while his own redirected Hammer Arm falls upon Parasect's squishy hide. I do however see this as a golden opportunity to set up my life-giving rain as Parasect fires a Spore in Gurdurr's general direction hoping to stall TR out for a few turns.

Turn 3
Audino used Helping Hand!
Audino is ready to help Gurdurr!
The foe's Liepard used Rain Dance!
It started to rain!
Gurdurr fell asleep!
Gurdurr is fast asleep.
The foe's Parasect's Dry Skin heals it!
Gurdurr woke up!
l
100%
94% -1 Speed l
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l
84%
100% l
The fact that Parasect still outsped my -1 Gurdurr in Trick Room meant that he's running min speed, which also means it is designed to combat Trick Room. That makes taking it out even more of a priority. Fortunately, Gurdurr wakes up due to Audino's support and prepares the Ice Punch again.

Healer strikes to wake Gurdurr from his slumber but my Rain goes up as I take no damage in return. My mind is firmly set now on stalling Gurdurr's onslaught and I decide to spore Gurdurr and encore Audino into Helping hand to neuter Punchshroom's offensive as I prepare to bring one of my Rain sweepers in.

Turn 4
Audino used Helping Hand!
Audino is ready to help Gurdurr!
The foe's Liepard used Encore!
Audino received an encore!
Audino used its Mental Herb to come back to its senses!
Audino's encore ended!
Gurdurr fell asleep!
Gurdurr is fast asleep.
l
100%
94%SLP -1 Speed l
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l
100%
100% l
This time however, Gurdurr doesn't get the insta-wake, and will likely stay asleep when/after Trick Room wears out. This makes me glad I put Mental Herb on Audino, otherwise I'll have to switch to the more fragile Beheeyem to set up Trick Room instead. Just in case Liepard Encores again, I have Audino Protect against it, though that means I might have to switch anyway.

Audino's Mental Herb doesn't overly worry me as Audino isn't exactly known for its offensive presence. Now as long as Gurdurr stays asleep I can safely bring Seismitoad in. However I cautiously decide to use Rage Powder as insurance.

Turn 5
Tachycardia withdrew Liepard!
Tachycardia sent out Seismitoad!
Audino used Protect!
Audino protected itself!
Gurdurr woke up!
Gurdurr used Hammer Arm!
[DEBUG] Rage Powder redirected target of move.
[DEBUG] Iron Fist boost.

It's not very effective... The foe's Parasect lost 40% of its health!
Gurdurr's Speed fell!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
l ((
100%))
94% -1 Speed l
RAIN
l ->
78%<-
100% l
100%
Gurdurr makes up for Audino's failed support with a short slumber, but once again is cockblocked by Parasect, just when I was predicting one of his Rain sweepers to come forth. Deciding to rid myself of Parasect once and for all, I ignore the more dangerous Seismitoad and brutalize Parasect.

Seimitoad comes in safely as the light-sleeping Gurdurr finds himself cockblocked by Parasect once again. In other news TR finally ends and I intend to use spore to prevent it starting again. I decide to fire off a muddy water with Seismitoad and finally do some damage after 5 turns of hiding behind Parasect's big mushroomy ass.

Turn 6
The foe's Seismitoad used Muddy Water!
[DEBUG] rain water boost.
[DEBUG] Spread modifier: 0.75.

Audino lost 38% of its health!
Gurdurr avoided the attack!
The foe's Seismitoad lost some of its HP!
Audino fell asleep!
Gurdurr used Ice Punch!
[DEBUG] Iron Fist boost.
It's super effective! The foe's Parasect lost 69% of its health!
Audino is fast asleep.
l
62%SLP
94% -1 Speed l
RAIN
l
27%
90% l
I finally land a clean hit on Parasect without interference from Spore, which is soaked up by Audino instead. Since Audino cannot cure its own status, Gurdurr is now free to lay the hurt without being stopped by the mushroom, and by the time Audino wakes up I can set up Trick Room (kinda wish I hadn't tried to set it up this turn and went for Helping Hand, but I might not have the time to wake up otherwise). Now that Parasect will hesitate to Rage Powder, I turn my attention back to Seismitoad and smack him with my "drawback-free" Superpower, which may KO after LO damage.

The terrifying Clown Builder sidesteps Seismitoad's sewage water and lands an Ice Punch on Parasect while Audino shows itself to be Specially Defensive. I continue the Muddy Water spam with Seismitoad to 3HKO Audino before it can reset TR and Protect with Parasect for absolutely no reason.

Turn 7
The foe's Parasect used Protect!
The foe's Parasect protected itself!

Audino lost 35% of its health!
Audino's Accuracy fell!

Gurdurr lost 58% of its health!
Gurdurr's Accuracy fell!
Gurdurr used Hammer Arm!
[DEBUG] Iron Fist boost.
The foe's Seismitoad lost 73% of its health!
Gurdurr's Speed fell!
Audino is fast asleep.
l
27%SLP -1 Accuracy
36% -2 Speed -1 Accuracy l
RAIN
l ((
45%))
7%
Woah that did a lot to Gurdurr, and it might KO Audino as well. What's more, both got Accuracy drops (doesn't matter on Audino). On the bright side, I predicted Parasect to not Rage Powder and again land a solid blow on the tumour toad to the point where LO damage will kill him off. That said, if he launches another successful hit both my dudes will go down and that's one of my TR setters gone. Time to reveal one of my many aces in the hole...

Seismitoad takes a hammering (ha geddit?) while both Gurdurr and Audino move into KO range. However I'm guessing Gurdurr has Mach Punch and would just love to smash Seismitoad's ugly face in so I decide to let Parasect take it while I hit both with Muddy Water.

Turn 8
Gurdurr used Wide Guard!
Wide Guard protected your team!
Wide Guard protected Audino!
Wide Guard protected Gurdurr!
Audino woke up!
Audino used Trick Room!
Audino twisted the dimensions!
l ((
27% -1 Accuracy)) ((
36% -2 Speed -1 Accuracy)) l
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l ->
63%<-
7% l

What looked like a bad situation turned around in one fell swoop thanks to Gurdurr's huge-ass pengirder and Audino's perfect timing. The only "problem" now is to select my next victim. There's Seismitoad, who has one last powerful Rain-boosted attack left in him; or there's Parasect, who has no offensive presence but has been a thorn in my side since Turn 1. I look at the amount of health regained from Dry Skin and Leftovers after my first Ice Punch and decide: "If there's a better time to rid myself of this annoying fungus, especially in Trick Room, now would be it."

You hear that sound? That shrill scream in the distance? That's the sound of my testicles re-ascending as I think about this turn. This was without a doubt the worst thing that could possibly happen. I went from a position of power spamming boosted attacks and now I'm back to hiding from the wrath of the demon builder of fleet street. I lambast myself for replacing the anti-TR Musharna I had in Seismitoad's place. At this point I now have a few options and depending on which I take it could shape the course of the battle. I could choose the offensive approach and Muddy Water with Seismitoad as I Spore Gurdurr with Parasect. This approach does look tempting as no matter who he targets I'll still halt Gurdurr's attack. However I would ideally like to keep his Audino on the field as it poses little immediate threat while TR is up. So I choose Protect with Froggy hoping he attempts to pick off my weakened Seismitoad before Muddy Water KOs both his Pokemon as, factoring in Gurdurr's reduced accuracy, there is a strong chance that Parasect can survive an Iron-Fist boosted Ice Punch and retaliate with Spore.

Turn 9
The foe's Seismitoad used Protect!
The foe's Seismitoad protected itself!
Gurdurr used Ice Punch!
[DEBUG] Iron Fist boost.
A critical hit! It's super effective! The foe's Parasect lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Parasect fainted!
Audino used Heal Pulse!
Gurdurr regained health!
Tachycardia sent out Sawk!
l
27% -1 Accuracy
86% -2 Speed -1 Accuracy l
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l
100% ((
7%)) l
0%
Another good prediction on my part KOes the fungus for good, Gurdurr's fresh and ready to go and Trick Room's still just warming up. I fear the accuracy drop may bite me in the ass sooner or later, but for now I decide to have Gurdurr go an a killing spree. Now that I can take a Muddy Water, Sawk is my next target and I go for a Drain Punch. "What, no Mach Punch, you ask?" You'll see why I fancy the recovery as opposed to the emergency priority in this very battle later.

Well that didn't go quite according to plan. After I failed to do anything at all that turn Punchshroom earned first blood and things looked glum. TR was up, rain was a turn away from ending and I was a Pokemon down. I sent out Sawk to look threatening and to try and bait Gurdurr into taking him on while I Protect. After the disastrous Heal Pulse last turn Seismitoad now has no chance of KOing Gurdurr but I may as well Muddy Water as I really want to soften him up for somebody else to finish off.

Turn 10
Audino used Protect!
Audino protected itself!
The foe's Sawk used Protect!
The foe's Sawk protected itself!
Gurdurr used Drain Punch!
The foe's Sawk avoided the attack!
Audino protected itself!

Gurdurr lost 58% of its health!
Gurdurr's Accuracy fell!
The foe's Seismitoad fainted!
The rain stopped.
Tachycardia sent out Mantine!
l ((
27% -1 Accuracy))
28% -2 Speed -2 Accuracy l
TRICK ROOM

l((
100%))
100% l
0%
Unfortunately Sawk throws a wrench in my plans with Protect while I have Audino do the same to block Sawk's attack. Gurdurr takes another beating and another Accuracy drop, which I'm starting to worry about now. However I initiate my game plan, with Audino backing him up with Heal Pulse. I ignore Mantine for now as it's almost certainly going to set up Rain.

Drain Punch and Hammer Arm? What are you up to Punchshroom? Anyway another TR turn down and I decided to finish off Girderman with Sawk's mighty Close Combat and reset Rain with Mantine. I'm running a Sturdy Custap Berry set on Sawk so he'll be able to take anything Gurdurr throws at him and outspeed with Custap the turn after.

Turn 11
Gurdurr used Drain Punch!
[DEBUG] Iron Fist boost.
The foe's Sawk lost 69% of its health!
The foe's Sawk had its energy drained!
Audino used Heal Pulse!
Gurdurr regained health!
The foe's Mantine used Rain Dance!
It started to rain!
The foe's Sawk used Close Combat!
Gurdurr lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Sawk's Defense fell!
The foe's Sawk's Special Defense fell!
l
27% -1 Accuracy
58% -2 Speed -2 Accuracy l
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l
31% -1 Def -1 Sp.Def
100% l
Gurdurr temporarily regains all his health before shrugging off Sawk's blow easily. Trick Room is about to run out next turn so I have to plan this carefully. Audino is at low health so I wanted to preserve it to set up Trick Room again. I believed Sawk would stay in to Protect, wear out Trick Room, and KO Audino. For this reason, I decided to Ice Punch Mantine instead.

Okay firstly Gurdurr just took 42% from a Base Power 120 STAB move from something with 125 base attack. That is not something I expected. Secondly it's rare that you'd actually like your opponent's pokemon to do more damage but an extra 6% and I'd be sitting pretty with Custap active but I suppose that's just wishful thinking on my part. Anyway TR's about to run out next turn so I decide to switch in Ludicolo in Sawk's place to start abusing that rain. I also use this opportunity to Surf with Mantine just to keep up some pressure.

Turn 12
Tachycardia withdrew Sawk!
Tachycardia sent out Ludicolo!
Audino used Protect!
Audino protected itself!
Gurdurr used Ice Punch!
The foe's Mantine avoided the attack!
The foe's Mantine used Surf!

It's not very effective... The foe's Ludicolo lost 13% of its health!
Audino protected itself!

Gurdurr lost 48% of its health!
l ((
27% -1 Accuracy))
10% -2 Speed -2 Accuracy l
RAIN
l
87%
100% l
31%
That was a pretty ill-thought out plan on my part, as Audino would still get KOed by Rain boosted assaults and Gurdurr is even worse off. Tachy's seen the Wide Guard already so I'm not pulling any more surprises here, but on the off chance he's tempted to double Surf he has sealed his own fate.

I was finally back in the driver's seat with the conditions swinging in my favour. I was guessing that Wide Guard was coming and I knew that I couldn't let Audino set TR up again. So, for one of the few times I managed to engage my cognitive faculties in this match I ignored the temptation to Surf and went for the more conservative Giga Drain with Ludi. And then I Surfed with Mantine 'cause YOLO.

Turn 13
Gurdurr used Wide Guard!
Wide Guard protected your team!
The foe's Ludicolo used Giga Drain!
Audino lost 27% of its health!
Audino had its energy drained!
The foe's Ludicolo lost some of its HP!
Audino fainted!
The foe's Mantine used Surf!

It's not very effective... The foe's Ludicolo lost 13% of its health!
Wide Guard protected Gurdurr!
Go! Beheeyem!
l
100% ((
10% -2 Speed -2 Accuracy)) l
0%
RAIN
l
90%
100% l
As I expected, Ludi focuses on Audino and takes it out, though Mantine did nothing but hurt Ludicolo (derp). Beheeyem is my only TR setter left, and he needs to be able to survive this turn if I want a chance to win. My Wide Guard is used up, though I really should've gone for it again to have a 50% chance of not making this battle as close as it would have been (but that wouldn't have been fun for you would it?).

Well that turn went swimmingly (please somebody stop these puns). However I still had one last obstacle to overcome. Beheeyem was Punchshroom's last TR setter and if I could beat it down then the rest of the match would have to be fought firmly on my own turf. I didn't think Punchshroom would risk using Wide Guard again so I prepared to unleash Ludi's Helping Hand Rain-boosted Surf. Time to wipe that smug alien off the face of this earth.

Turn 14
The foe's Mantine used Helping Hand!
The foe's Mantine is ready to help the foe's Ludicolo!
The foe's Ludicolo used Surf!
The foe's Mantine restored HP using its Water Absorb!
[DEBUG] Boosting from Helping Hand.

Beheeyem lost 99% of its health!
[DEBUG] Boosting from Helping Hand.

Gurdurr lost 10% of its health!
Gurdurr fainted!
Beheeyem used Trick Room!
Beheeyem twisted the dimensions!
Punchshroom: oh shit!
Go! Eelektross!
l
1%
100% l
0%
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l
80%
100% l
My heart stopped for a second there, and I'm sure Tachy's did too. That Helping Hand, Rain-boosted Surf threw me off guard, and surviving that only caused me to clench my chest further. Here's the calc:
252SpAtk Life Orb Ludicolo (+SAtk) Helping Hand Surf in Rain (Double Battle) vs 252HP/0SpDef Beheeyem (Neutral): 85% - 100% (301 - 355 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 1% chance to OHKO.
Mother of god, he only had a miniscule chance of KOing me, but he got as close to that chance as he possibly could. After recovering from this shock, I send in Eelektross to avenge Gurdurr, who had a damn good run in this fight. Now I can abuse Discharge thanks to Beheeyem's Telepathy and fry his two Rain sweepers...

...is what I would've ordinarily done, but I know during my teambuilding process that Mantine's Wide Guard would prove to be a huge pain in the ass for me, due to its ability to dodge Discharges and Rock Slides, while its resistances and special bulk do the rest. Therefore, I replaced Protect on Eel for...

I stared at horror at that 1%. I still think about it. I try to sleep but when I close my eyes it's still there taunting me. After doing some post-match calcs we discovered that there was an incredibly small chance of this actually KOing Beheeyem and this was one of the highest damage rolls possible. Yet Trick Room was up and not much could be done about it. To add to my woes rain was set to run out in the same turn as TR. If I was going to pull this back I was going to have preserve both Ludicolo and a rain inducer. With Mantine's Wide Guard I can stave off Eelecktross's Discharge while I bring Liepard in on Beheeyem's Psychic in a bid to preserve everyone's favorite Mexican duck.

Turn 15
Tachycardia withdrew Ludicolo!
Tachycardia sent out Liepard!
The foe's Mantine used Wide Guard!
Wide Guard protected the foe's team!
Beheeyem used Psychic!
It doesn't affect the foe's Liepard...
Eelektross used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective! The foe's Mantine lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Mantine fainted!
Tachycardia sent out Sawk!
l
1%
100% l
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l
100%
31%l
80%
0%
...Thunderbolt. With this, I put Tachy on the backfoot once more as he struggles to make a comeback. Face to face with Sawk and Liepard, something's going to get KOed depending on the latter's Fake Out, though targeting either would still result in Sawk's death should it not Protect. I make the safe and predictable play of Psychicing Sawk and Discharging both.

Punchshroom reveals another ace up his sleeve and thwarts my attempted reversal. I was now down to one rain setter and things were looking tight. With my plan quickly unraveling I foolishly decide to Fake Out Beheeyem and Close Combat Eelektross where I should have played much more cautiously and used the opportunity to stall out another TR turn.

Turn 16
Punchshroom: i have Thunderbolt specifically for Mantine
The foe's Liepard used Fake Out!
Beheeyem lost 2% of its health!
Beheeyem fainted!
Eelektross used Discharge!
The foe's Sawk lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Liepard lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Sawk fainted!
Go! Marowak!
Tachycardia sent out Ludicolo!
l
100%
100% l
0%
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l
65%
80% l
0%
Sawk didn't Protect, meaning it gets KOed. He takes the KO on Beheeyem as opposed to preventing damage to Liepard, though I can't really say which of these is the better play. One thing's certain, our electrifying lamprey is accompanied with his main sweeping buddy and launch brutal assaults unto Tachy's remaining team.

Sawk faints thanks to my reckless play and I'm now down to my last two pokemon. I don't run Protect on Liepard so it looks as if Ludi's going to be the only one to survive the oncoming DisQuake barrage.

Turn 17
The foe's Ludicolo used Protect!
The foe's Ludicolo protected itself!
Marowak used Fissure!
Just kidding! It was Earthquake!
It doesn't affect Eelektross...
The foe's Liepard lost 65% of its health!
The foe's Liepard fainted!
It doesn't affect Marowak...
l
100%
100% l
TRICK ROOM
RAIN
l((
80%)) l
0%
Ludi survives the barrage of attacks, though the same can't be said for our feline friend fiend. I decide to switch it up and focus on Ludicolo alone with my attacks.

Ludicolo can only watch as his amigo is swallowed by the ground. With few other options available and only a single turn of Trick Room left I choose Protect once more in a desperate bid to keep Ludicolo alive long enough to see Trick Room out.

Turn 18
The foe's Ludicolo used Protect!
[DEBUG] Success chance: 50%.
But it failed!
Marowak used Brick Break!
The foe's Ludicolo lost 63% of its health!
It doesn't affect Marowak...
The rain stopped.
l
100%
100% l

l
17% l
After all the good plays I've done this match, I derped it up in this one as I remember too late my own Thunderbolt will be redirected by Lightningrod. Both Rain and Trick Room wear off this turn, and we proceed with the battle under normal conditions :D

In a bizarre derp moment Punchshroom accidentally Thunderbolted his own Marowak and a tiny sliver of light opened up. I Giga Drain Marowak to KO and recover some HP.

Turn 19
Tachycardia: gg
Punchshroom: very good game :)
Punchshroom: whoops about that T-Bolt XD
The foe's Ludicolo used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! Marowak lost 100% of its health!
Marowak had its energy drained!
Marowak fainted!
The foe's Ludicolo lost 46% of its health!
The foe's Ludicolo is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Go! Octillery!
l
100%
100% l
0%

l
2%PAR l
While Marowak gets swiftly KOed, Eelektross punishes the Mexican duck dancing weed thing(?) with paralysis, sealing the match in my favour. At the very least my earlier derp moment gives Octillery a cameo appearance.

That Discharge para was the final nail in Ludicolo's coffin and with a heavy hand I allow the executioner's axe to fall, all hopes of victory beyond me.

Turn 20
The foe's Ludicolo lost 2% of its health!
The foe's Ludicolo fainted!
Punchshroom won the battle!
l
100%
100% l

l
0% l
And that concludes the battle, and a very close game indeed! Now for the props and slops!

Props:
: Oh boy, did this guy pull lift his weight today. He kept up offensive pressure with powerful Iron Fist boosted assaults and even pulled a clutch turnaround with Wide Guard.
: Support is all it does, and it does a damn good job at it. Its access to Trick Room, Helping Hand and Heal Pulse were extemely useful in helping me secure my position. Even its Mental Herb countered Liepard's Encore, where Beheeyem would otherwise succumb to.
: With its Lum Berry, Beheeyem helped me pull off an explosive start to match to immediately swing it in my favor. Later, he barely survived an incredibly powerful Surf to initiate the final Trick Room to guide me onward to victory.
: Mantine, what would otherwise be the biggest obstacle for my team, would have remained so if not for this fella's tech move in T-Bolt.
: This unassuming mushroom dude easily countered my otherwise overwhelming early game advantage with Spore and Rage Powder, continuosly setting Gurdurr back. The rain allowed him to stay alive for that much longer until he was outsmarted by Gurdurr (brains and brawn!).
: These two are categorised into one for the same reason: their Rain-boosted spread assaults really swamped my team hard. Had I not gotten Trick Room up as frequently as I did, these two would easily have mopped the floor with me (I'm not the only one with puns, ya know!).

Slops:
: *Sigh* Then again, it's not like Octillery would have done much to Tachy's team aside from Energy Balling Seismitoad and Rain-boosted Water Spouting the only members of his team which do not 4x resist/have massive special bulk anyway...
: Outshowed by our clown-nosed friend in a fit of physical display, Sawk fled with his tail between his legs and didn't do much more afterward (probably due to shame).
: Tachy was probably right that he didn't need to preserve this thing, all it did was Fake Out and set up 8-turn Rain, which in turn allowed me to overwhelm him with Trick Room assaults.
: Don't get me wrong, Mantine is an awesome support pokemon, especially in Rain. It's just that his performance today was a little short. Its Helping Hand failed to nab the intended OHKO, and its attempt to stall with Wide Guard like Gurdurr was thwarted easily by Eel.

The battle could've gone either way: Gurdurr could've missed anything but Ice Punch on Mantine and the battle would've brought about a different outcome; Ludicolo could've rolled just that bit higher on Beheeyem. However, if the battle played out like it normally would, the battle was decided on TURN ONE ITSELF, namely if Liepard Faked Out Beheeyem instead of Gurdurr, then Beheeyem would not survive that Surf and I would lose. That's just how close this match was, and what a damn good one it was. Kudos to you, Tachycardia!

For the previous warstory, see here.

(This isn't a necrobump, right? I hope...?)

Neat warstory, dude. Colorful, enjoyable commentary on both sides, and great match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)