Project DOU Teambuilding Competition v3 Week 23 (Randpokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Another Medium
:torkoal: :diancie: :venusaur: :indeedee-f: :necrozma: :pheromosa:
Pheromosa Sunroom
https://pokepast.es/71d601e90fe543f6

Pheromosa is an incredibly strong and fast attacker, and speed swap allows it to use that speed to support its slower teammates. Torkoal + diancie is probably the most potent combination of pokemon under tr, and necrozma isn’t exactly afraid of picking up ohkos either, so being able to speed swap into them and make them faster than most of the tier as an alternative to setting another trick room is great for obvious reasons. Indeedee is a great partner, not only because it has psyterrain and can redirect, but it can also switch into attacks for pheromosa and eject back out into it while setting terrain. Venusaur is just cool in general and patches up matchups vs grass types like fini and urshifu, slaps celesteela with weather ball and fast sleep in general is just good. This team is a certified banger and no one has posted a tr phero team this week (when i wrote this mack knife hadnt posted yet) so here it is ig

Noelle

Trying my best
The winner of this week is Cinnasaur in a unanimous vote! Congratulations, and thank you to everyone else who posted a team and the person who voted!

This week's pokemon is Zamazenta!

:xy/zamazenta:

This pokemon is... Certainly something. While it's currently not allowed in the Doubles OU tier (for good reason), it has more viable sets than any other pokemon currently in the tier. You can run howl alongside physical attackers like kyurem black, you can run a fully supportive set with it's great utility opitons, you can run assault vest and capitalize on it's bulk that, fun fact, is better than magearna's factoring in it's ability, it can even run choice band offensive sets because it obviously needs the ability to be offensive as well on top of it's amazing support options and bulk. There's pretty much infinite directions to go here, good luck!

Building will end on June 25th, voting on the 27th

:zamazenta: :celesteela: :whimsicott: :landorus: :volcanion: :tsareena:

https://pokepast.es/2a36b8a1f28696f9

Band Zama was one of the sets that people have been discussing in the DOUcord so I decided to make a Band Zama HO team. Zama provides the physical offence, while Fake Tears Whimsicott combined with Celesteela, Landorus and Volcanion all hit on the special side and all have solid matchups into opposing Zamazenta. Tsareena rounds out the team with some bulk and prevents opposing Fake Out, which would otherwise be a problem for choice-locked Zamazenta.

Thanks for making this week a Zama week, join the Pizza tour everyone!

Noelle

Trying my best
Battle Against a True Hero

:zamazenta: :rillaboom: :heatran: :mew: :genesect: :tapu fini:
https://pokepast.es/290cb073e4a2530c

This pokemon is stupid. Choice band zama is good because it has urshifu's atk stat and speed ties timid naganadel... with fucking adamant... Rillaboom enables it quite well as it beats things that are used to "counter" zamazenta (i firmly believe zamazenta has no counters) like psyspam and tapu fini. From there i added heatran as another source of damage for this team, mew improves our opposing zamazenta matchup as it can burn both zamazenta and the physical attackers it's commonly used with and snarl helps with special attackers, specifically lando and naga. Genesect i added as a fast pivot and kb/genesect check, and fini further enables zamazenta as it prevents it from getting burned. As fun as watching band zama ohko shit, please don't free this mon, it's fucking broken. All of its sets range from good to great independent of each other, but the fact that they all exist together means you have to be able to tell what set it's running (which you can't even reasonably do on preview like other pokemon with a lot of sets like kb for example) and if you guess wrong it can cause massive problems and potentially cost you the game. It just seems very unhealthy imo, and the games i've played with it support that (though tbf i haven't played much of dou + zama).

Zamn-azenta Sand
1656043574958.png

Zamazenta with AV is crazy bulky, to the point where bulk isnt even needed. This Zamazenta set is EV'd to outspeed a -1 Timid Regieleki and just destroy it with a Close Combat. Besides that, this thing getting Snarl makes it able to just spam it against things such as the Hatterene Indeedee-F lead or other annoying Special Attackers. Zamazenta is just insane and that doesn't even cover its Choice Band Close Combat capabilities.

Teals

Banned deucer.
:slurpuff: :tsareena: :zeraora: :landorus: :tapu fini: :mew:
https://pokepast.es/bf6a67ed90530882

I didn't want to build something generic with two of the viable mons listed. So we did slurpuff because vs bad players it can do damage. Team is tested and have seen good results from it vs actual teams. Wanted to do the belly drum set because fairy and fighting is essentially a better bolt beam. Paired with tsar and snarl zera because it needs a ton of support to set up. then went with 3 more standards to round out what team needed. Diancie checks, speed control. Team could be better into rillaboom but I don't intend to spend any more time on a slurpuff team than is necessary

:jellicent: :diancie: :heatran: :kyurem-black: :dragapult: :rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/bd8c72e15c77e133

I built this for DPL Week 3 against Toxigen. I wanted to build a semiroom team that could deal with Urshifu and Heatran and the common TR setters just died to those mons so I went with Jellicent to wall Urshifu. Jellicent's spread actually allows it to 1v1 Rillaboom, provided it doesn't have Wood Hammer and you don't miss Will-O-Wisp. The Kyurem is Toxic because I felt I needed a way to put stuff on a timer considering my team is a bit passive with Jellicent and I still wanted that slot to be able to deal with Zygarde and Volcanion.

Not a Teenager Anymore, Mutant Ninja Turtle (Singular)
1657721584228.png

https://pokepast.es/a0f2a3663118aa99

This hard Trick Room team is centered around Torkoal, Torkoal + Liligant is a crazy combination that can absolutely destroy multiple opponents, the double grass types help deal with the seemingly bad Sand matchup too. Tsareene helps protect the team vs priority Fake Outs on lead too. hatterene + Indeedee-F is a very reliable option to set up Trick Room and with that as a lead and the possible Torkoal + Liligant lead the opponent will not be able to prepare for both on lead. Offensive Porygon-2 with BoltBeam helps patch up the teams other common weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)