Project DOU Teambuilding Competition v3 Week 23 (Randpokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
Thanks to everyone who voted! The winner for this week is Actuarily! This week is going to be a deviation from the norm, but bear with me here.

So the way this works is I'm going to pick 6 Pokemon from https://randompokemon.com/ and you have to build a team using 2 of the 6 I get.

The Pokemon are:
Screenshot 2022-06-04 7.07.19 AM.png

.....yeah.

Building Phase ends on June 9th, 11:59 GMT-4 and voting ends on the 11th at the same time.

Good luck, you'll need it.

NinjaSnapple

Hero in a half shell
is a Tiering Contributor
:porygon2: :stakataka: :sylveon: :volcanion: :Amoonguss: :landorus:
https://pokepast.es/0474945c1e4c1752
I decided to use Stakataka and Sylveon as they were the only 2 there which I thought were useable in a team together. All of the sets are fairly standard though I went with Heat Crash over Trick Room on Stakataka for more snowballing potential and I already had a consistent Trick Room setter in the form of Porygon2. Amoonguss if there mostly to support Stakataka and Sylveon with Rage Powder and Pollen Puff and be an annoyance for the other team with spore. Volcanion is here as it's a strong attacker that can function both in and outside of Trick Room. Landorus is because it's a fast attacker outside of Trick Room.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 156 SpA / 64 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room

Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Heat Crash
- Protect

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Detect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 88 Def / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Pollen Puff
- Rage Powder
- Spore

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Protect

:sm/sylveon: :sm/heatran: :sm/stakataka: :sm/crobat: :sm/tsareena: :sm/mamoswine:
DOU Gasai TW/TR Sylveon Specs
Paste:
https://pokepast.es/0d506fa5b387d655
Description:
Its a classic offensive team of mine, Stakafaka and Crobat allow Sylveon to work properly in his work of hitting Hyper Voice, Heatran takes care of the steel and poison pokemon that threaten Sylveon, at the same time, he is the 2nd strong sweeper of the team, or you play Tailwind with Crobat/Tsareena/Sylveon/Heatran/Mamoswine, or you play Trick Room with Stakafaka/Heatran/Sylveon/Tsareena.
Extra:
Sylveon/Heatran and Tsareena have the speed to be faster than Dragapult Timid in Tailwind.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
The staked ataka strikes again

:mimikyu: :stakataka: :indeedee-f: :necrozma: :torkoal: :amoonguss:
Mimikyu Fullroom
https://pokepast.es/6da673f5b3b3925e

I did the most obvious route, wow. I couldn’t come up with anything for sylveon staka and all my sylveon entei teams are jank as hell, so im posting this one because it’s the most usable. This team has a few pretty basic sequences. The first is mimikyu indeedee lead, follow me trick room, eject out into necrozma, click buttons. You can also lead mimikyu amoonguss and eject out into stakataka/torkoal, lead necrozma indeedee and eject into torkoal/amoonguss/staka, basically the general idea is you lead tr setter + eject redirector and eject into one of your attackers while setting tr for yourself. Protect on stak is an option but i like the sequence of stak + indeedee and ejecting into torkoal t2. It’s a pretty simple team, and it’s very fun. I originally had shadow sneak over taunt on mimikyu so you could shadow sneak into it and activate necrozma’s weakness policy, but i liked meteor beam more bc it immediately nukes stuff like volcanion and incin.

:Entei: :Sylveon: :Rillaboom: :Cresselia: :Scrafty: :Zygarde:

https://pokepast.es/d522f78771ec0af7

Decided to go with Entei + Sylveon since Sylveon greatly appreciates Entei’s ability to spread burns around to half their team. Entei makes for a great scarf user due to inner focus + Sacred Fire. There’s only like 4 mons (Fini/Incin/Heatran/Volcanion) that can comfortably switch in on a sacred fire, the rest don’t want to risk a burn. Rillaboom is added to change away misty terrain and beat Tapu fini, as that’s the main counter to Entei. It’s also great support for leftovers Sylveon. I wanted a second set up sweeper that would compliment Sylveon and take advantage of Entei, and that’s where Zygarde comes in. Zygard beats the steel/Poison/Fire types Sylveon can’t, and Entei helps check many of Zygardes counters.

Pretty much every team is weak to one of Sylveon or Zygarde, so from there I rounded out the team with a TR user in Cress. I chose Cress since I needed a decent lando switchin, as well as a setter that was good into Urshifu. Lastly I added coaching Scrafty. Sylveon appreciates the intimidate support, and both my set up sweepers love coaching. I also needed something that was good into P2, and Scrafty checked all the boxes.
The team is pretty solid, I’ve won a few room tours and solid ladder matches with it. Here’s a replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1589237200-fqon9hpswnvx10mtqmx9cj02hctpvh1pw

Mimikyu is actually a solid Trick Room setter, and I saw fun potential for Weakness Policy Metagross in Trick Room. Red Card is a personal favourite item to use on Mimikyu, taking opponents by surprise and disrupting setup sweepers. Mimikyu can Shadow Sneak to activate its Weakness Policy right away, but it can take a Knock Off and its EVs ensure that after a Cosmic Power boost, Flare Blitz from Incineroar won't 2HKO it.

Even if a team can take down one Steel-type, it can prove difficult to get through both, so Sitrus Berry gives Stakataka that much more longevity. Incineroar and Rillaboom both provide Fake Out support and extra offensive pressure, making it even easier for their teammates to set up. Grassy Terrain has wide utility, weakening Earthquake for its Ground-weak teammates, enabling Steel Roller, and overriding opposing Psychic Terrain. High Horsepower provides extra coverage and even lets Rillaboom OHKO Heatran after surviving a full power Eruption! Tapu Fini provides an additional Terrain for Metagross, prevents status otherwise, and provides a safe answer to common threats like Incineroar and Urshifu.

Be mindful of faster Taunt and Encore users though, and there's still a pretty big weakness to Fire and Ground even if the team can usually play around it. I keep forgetting to save my replays but I'll try to remember to edit one in next time :p

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Taunt
- Trick Room

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 212 HP / 56 Atk / 128 Def / 112 SpD
Brave Nature
- Body Press
- Ice Punch
- Steel Roller
- Cosmic Power

Stakataka @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 28 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 36 Def / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
Voting is up, but there's are more than one thing to vote for this time :sphearical: and im stealing all the sylveon teams

Sylveon+Stakataka semi-room by NinjaSnapple
:porygon2: :stakataka: :sylveon: :volcanion: :Amoonguss: :landorus:

DOU Gasai TW/TR Sylveon Specs by GasaiYunoSan
:sylveon: :heatran: :stakataka: :crobat: :tsareena: :mamoswine:

Mimikyu Fullroom by NotlPrimRose
:mimikyu: :stakataka: :indeedee-f: :necrozma: :torkoal: :amoonguss:

Entei+Sylveon Coaching by Actuarily
:Entei: :Sylveon: :Rillaboom: :Cresselia: :Scrafty: :Zygarde:

Tricky Roller by cinnasaur
:mimikyu: :metagross: :incineroar: :rillaboom: :stakataka: :tapu-fini:

Second thing to vote for is:

Keep the Teambuilding Competition like this for the remainder of the generation:
Yes / No

Voting ends on June 12th, 12 PM GMT-4

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to Actuarily for winning this week! And thank you to everyone who voted and submitted a team!

The votes for the second vote are as follows

4 - yes
3 - no
2 - every other week

Because of this, we have decided to do teambuilding competition weeks like this every other week! Why? dnager told me to.

Anyway this week's pokemon is Pheromosa

:xy/pheromosa:

Pheromosa is a strong fighting type with good coverage and speed, as well as the move Speed Swap which gives it a genuine niche over the other fighting types in Zapdos-Galar and Urshifu. I really don't have much to say here, Pheromosa's just a cool mon that can be used on a wide variety of teams, let's see what people come up with!

Building phase ends on June 17th and Voting ends on the 19th

okay, here's a fun one!

Okay, I knew Pheromosa got Ice Beam, but Blizzard??? As soon as I saw that in its movepool I knew I could make a hail team work. This team is also a variation of a surprisingly flexible archetype I've been enjoying lately with a fast glass cannon in front and Trick Room in the back. Choice Specs give it a huge power boost and make Blizzard quite spammable in hail. Its STAB Close Combat is still devastating coming from such a high base Attack stat, and something that really isn't ever going to take any hits anyway doesn't mind running a defensively detrimental nature.

Ninetales sets hail and hits hard with Blizzard and Moonblast. Icy Rock is an option, since it often wants to attack or switch out before trying to set up a Veil, but you probably want to maximize your Veil turns. For extra power, I've given Slush Rush 'Zolt a Choice Band. Rock Slide is great for spread damage, especially if you have a Veil up and Arctozolt can afford to take a hit. Stomping Tantrum makes quick work of Fire-types and things like Zeraora that try to come in on a Bolt Beak.

Dragon Dance Zygarde appreciates Aurora Veil support and the pressure we put on Kyurem, and helps cover all the Fire weaknesses we have going on here. Tailwind was tempting, but Trick Room on Mew alone is often enough for speed control, helpful against both opposing Tailwind and Trick Room. I've also been particularly enjoying Transform paired with a setup mon like Zygarde, and it's a fun defensive answer to a dangerous threat. Pollen Puff is a nice support option that can be used offensively in a pinch, but the coverage of a Psychic or Fire attack would be appreciated too.

Aaaand the last member is Assault Vest Crawdaunt? It's fun and that's what counts. It can handle Fire and Rock-types, has a strong Knock Off, and can function in Trick Room, and with super strong offence already covered, it can take advantage of its extra bulk to stick around longer and still knock something pretty hard. "Semiroom" admittedly might be a little generous, but Trick Room wasn't an afterthought.

The team does look pretty weak to fairies, but it can still play around them. Also doesn't really appreciate hazards or status, but who does, I guess?

Pheromosa @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Blizzard
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Encore

Arctozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Mew @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Pollen Puff
- Transform
- Trick Room

Crawdaunt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

Last edited:
1655451906368.png1655451991648.png1655451994995.png
1655452079315.png
1655452098416.png
1655452123218.png

LeleMosa Hyper Offense <- Importable Pokepaste

Pheromosa - Pheromosa being strong and fast is absurdly frail, but with support from Tapu Lele which helps it not get Faked Out or get hit by any priority at all. Pheromosa also hits everything Tapu Lele can't, especially Steel types like Heatran. Pheromosa has a lot of coverage and it hits nearly everything in the format. Poison Jab hits Fairies, Triple Axel hits Landorus and Zygarde, U Turn is a great pivoting move and very strong to use against Rillaboom too. Pheromosa is only running enough speed to outspeed Dragapult and kill it with Triple Axel, this is so that Phero can invest in a bit of bulk on the HP side to be able to live a Resisted hit from a Zygarde.

Tapu Lele - Choice Scarf Tapu Lele hits so hard and is so fast. it outspeeds max speed Regieleki and just kills it with a Psyshock. Energy Ball for Gastrodon is insanely strong as it just one shots not only Gastro but a majority of Water Types. Nature Madness is a very specific tech used for Tapu Fini, as Poison Jabs from Pheromosa does not KO Fini by itself, it needs the support from Natures Madness to kill Fini.

Amoongus - Amoonguss is your main Trick Room matchup as it can just switch in and Spore things. Amoonguss is very simple here.

Zygarde - Choice Band Zygarde does insane amounts of damage and Zen headbutt under Psychic Terrain just kills opposing Amoongus. Zygarde is another simple Pokemon in this situation as it just dishes out a lot of spread damage.

Heatran - Charcoal Eruption and Heat Wave is another good form of spread damage on this team. Earth Power helps you hit opposing Heatran for supereffective. Eruption is just absurdly strong and if you're in terrain you can't even get Faked Out.

Drifblim. - Dirfblim is Pokemon that stands out on this team, but Unbudren and Tailwind is so very useful. Unlike the other Tailwind setters you can't get Faked Out and you can even kill Dragaput with a Shadow Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)