Project DOU Teambuilding Competition v3 Week 23 (Randpokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Congratulation to DaWoblefet for winning!

:xy/crobat:

This week’s pokemon is Crobat! Crobat has the fastest non-prankster tailwind in the tier as well as good support options like fast super fang and taunt, inner focus making it immune to fake out and its typing + stab brave bird allow it to win against pokemon like urshifu and rillaboom

(sorry for getting the date wrong in my last post, voting was was supposed to end on the 19th (2 days) not the 20th (3 days))

The building phase will end on May 25th and voting will end on May 27th

Mack Knife

Future 50th President

This is an extremely basic crobat team but it is all stuff that highlights it. The classic Crobat set. Fast tw is generally very very nice with attackers like band zygie and standard heatran. Super fang is good to pick up ko's down the line which the team lacks but makes up in the aggregate. I am very partial to this fini set despite suggestions aggainst it lol. It does hella moonblast damage while bluffing specs and after 1 calm mind it feels like a nuke; we can run this due to zygie + ran already killing most all tr teams thus we do not need the sustainability of fini for them. We are able to run superpower on rilla to help with kyub bc we got knock and speed control on Zera due to bat having taunt. And since Zera is all attacc, it can now be vest which is cool. Speeds for e-web drops and to ute rilla on ran, flamethrower bc I am not a fish.

Last edited:

Noelle

Trying my best
Bandorus-Berian + Bobat
:landorus therian: :crobat: :heatran: :urshifu: :rillaboom: :dragapult:
Band Landorus Offense
https://pokepast.es/aba072032442c80a

I dont think this is my best team, but its definitely my most fun team. I wanted to try band landorus because i needed more ideas foe dlt teams, and while looking at potential partners i knew i wanted a rillaboom check that provided some form of speed control that could counteract landorus’ low speed. Crobat turned out to be a perfect partner for band landorus, with super fang to chunk things, sharp beak brave bird ohkoing fast rillaboom variants, taunt for trick room and fast tailwind + inner focus allowing it to set tailwind for landorus effectively. Dragapult was added for a mon that lando could boom next to, heatran also slaps rillaboom and is another mon lando can boom next to with its normal resistance and ability to fit protect. It also adds a soft trick room check with flash cannon for diancie. Urshifu hits fire and ground types that this team otherwise would struggle with and adds another layer of defense vs trick room teams. Rillaboom is just here to do rillaboom things, insane role compression, amazing mon. This is a really offensive and volatile team and its one of my personal favorites right now, so i decided to post it here

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
:crobat::zygarde::kyurem-black::victini::tapu-lele::urshifu-rapid-strike:
Crobat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Hypnosis
- Super Fang

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Scale Shot

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fusion Flare
- Expanding Force
- Final Gambit
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Life Orb
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Protect
This squad started with Crobat and Zygarde, who complement each other nicely. Use Hypno btw, it's good if you believe. Next, we have Kyube and Victini. This was mainly an excuse for me to use Fusion combo, but Tini's main purpose is actually to kill Genesect or remove key threats with Gambit. Kyube is LO 3 attacks, a play on an old set which I feel is still strong given the right support. After this, we have Lele to block Fake Out and hit opposing Kyube. Finally, we have Urshi to kill P2 and just be generally strong under Tailwind, carrying PJab.

Noelle

Trying my best
It appears we have a tie!
1653743901890.png

As per the rules, i randomly picked using the /pick command on showdown, and this was the result! Congratulations to Yellow Paint for winning this week!

:xy/tapu koko:

This week’s pokemon is Tapu Koko! Tapu Koko is a pretty niche pokemon in the current meta, but it certainly has its uses. It provides an immediate sleep check with electric terrain, has good support options in Electroweb and Natures Madness and can effectively run both physical or special sets. This pokemon can be used in a ton of different ways, all of which can prove to be effective depending on your team, so im looking forward to seeing how people approach this

The building phase will end on June 1st and voting on June 3rd

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:tapu-koko: :kyurem: :landorus: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :incineroar: :Mew:

Koko can't touch grass and ground types and unlike Zeraora it doesn't have access to moves that would make it actually viable, like Fake Out and Knock Off, but it has access to Nature's Madness and electric-terrain, which is at least decent. In this team Koko will pretty much be here only for its access to Nature's Madness and be used as a fast speed control with Electroweb. Kyurem helps mitigate Koko's weakness to grass and ground and I chose the regular one for its better sp.attack stats (although Kyurem-B would do basically the same damage while not revealing its set in preview). Lando appreciates Koko for its ability to check Urshifu-R, Celesteela and weaken p2 with Nature's Madness, while having Sludge Bomb as coverage helps Koko. Shifu acts as a speed control that checks Lando, Diancie and p2, while creating a nice VoltTurn core with Koko and Incin. Incin and Mew checks a nice part of the metagame giving the team a better defensive structure and providing speed control and Fake Out.

Noelle

Trying my best
koka kola

:tapu koko: :kyurem black: :celesteela: :incineroar: :landorus: :mew:
Tapu Koko Setup Spam
https://pokepast.es/352898f84d84d00c

I have a few koko teams but i decided on this one because i feel like it pretty accurately showcases what koko does and the benefits of using it over the pokemon its commonly compared to. Kyurem black is easily it's best partner, so i started there. Koko provides an immediate sleep check and speed control with natures madness to chunk things kyurem can't ohko and taunt to prevent opposing setup and speed control. Why not just use zera? Electric terrain is valuable for this team as it boosts kyurem's fusion bolts and koko's own volt switches. Terrain control helps with the psyspam matchup as well, and the things zera has over koko (fake out and knock off) aren't needed here as we already have a knock off and two fake outs. Natures madness is also just a great move. Why not just use fini? Koko's speed makes it better at providing speed control and nature's madness support. Fini can run scarf to get around the speed issue but then it has to lock itself into a move and isn't free to run a more useful item like sitrus berry. You also lose the boost to kyurem's fusion bolts by running fini, and the opposing fini matchup becomes significantly more shaky. Celesteela provides a lando counter and secondary wincon. Max speed is used for electroweb benchmarks. Wide guard also allows celesteela to provide useful utility vs heatran and zygarde structures. Landorus provides a check to bulky fire types like heatran and incineroar that this team otherwise struggles with as well as immediate damage against most pokemon in the tier, and incin and mew are fake out support and utility. I wanted to post something more interesting but this is the most objectively solid koko team i could come up with, so i'm posting it anyway.

Actually decent rising voltage team:

:Incineroar: :Regieleki: :Kyurem-Black: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Tapu Koko: :Tsareena:

https://pokepast.es/df4da044eba67158

I made this many moons ago, when this dlc dropped everyone wanted to use regieleki, however people quickly realized it isn’t great in a 6v6 format. Honestly it took everyone saying it was trash for me to want to build with it, so I decided to build around it with Koko, and use rising voltage to basically delete slots. I think some people have since then expanded and gone full hail + rising voltage, but I think AV kyu-b is plenty for dealing with ground/grass types.

The team is built around pivoting + spamming icy wind & electroweb in order to maintain position and pressure so that stuff like Urshifu can roll through any opponents that Regieleki can’t beat. Tsareena is necessary to block fake out as well as being one of the best taunt users. The team has double taunt because of the opponent gets up any sort of speed control, you’re in trouble. Incin rounds out the team to provide some fake out + pivoting. The team in practice works out pretty well, I’ve brought it a few times to tours:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1429148458-exhflmxej87tskehlt07pg77toduo05pw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)