DOU Break This Team

Gastro walls 5/6 and threatens everything with a super effective move or a possible burn so switching in is always risky. Makes Azu and Volc think twice about clicking their respective water moves. Relieves the pressure of a +6 Azu and can make revenging it a lot easier with something like Landorus-T or Diancie. Just pair it with stuff that handles Kanga(which every team should have) don't play terribly around Azu/Rachi and you should beat this team every time.

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Recover

Last edited:
When u literally built this team first and put it on smogon but he RMT'd it so its his team now
+

Yeah so Landorus-I is a really cool mon in the meta now, especially against this team with how slow it is. Earth Power is incredibly strong from Lando, HP ice lets it snipe lando and do good damage to thundurus while Focus Blast ohkos Kang. Lando also has enough bulk to take on unboosted Kangaskhan, Landorus and this Thundurus as it lacks HP ice. Volcanion is also a good option against this team as it is able to take on Azumarill and Jirachi, especially when packing Haze. Volcanion has good natural bulk and can take hits from everything, (doesn't appreciate a thunderbolt but thats about it).

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Haze
- Protect

fwiw ive swapped the thundurus to this set since the swagger ban, idk if you want to add this to the OP or not but its something to keep in mind if you plan on laddering. You might run into it haha

Thundurus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 56 HP / 72 SpA / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rotom-H or W @ Sitrus
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat / WAWTA PUMP
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

There is absolutely no two-mon core thats going to be able to break that team completely, and walling most of the team isn't nearly enough to stop the win-con. The above core won't break the team, but it would definitely be a good basis for a team that creates a good matchup. We all know that one or two free turns with wrong timing, and a half-decent player with an Azumarill will undoubtedly punish you for it, and proceed to sweep your team by throwing +6 WAWTA in your face over and over again.

The key to winning against the bunny is to keep up constant pressure, and a classic method for doing this, stolen from singles, is VolTurn. These two pokemon rotate extremely well against the entire team, and as a duo, they can prevent the fm + bd turn that everyone is calling oh so broken. That said though, both pokemon are both weak to the WAWTA if you pick the hot Rotom, so if you fuck up and lose the pressure, you're a goner.

If you want a team with a genuinely good matchup however, you will still need another or more kanga checks, priority (because azu can setup on the core, but only with like 10% hp left), and some form of speed control to counteract Icy Wind + T-Wave (Semi-TR, or TW with another T-Wave immune mon).

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that slashes aren't allowed in your sets. Please update your posts.

Thanks n_n

e: I'm not going to keep reminding people so starting next week if there's something wrong with your submission (i.e. description is too short, sets have slashes, etc.) I'm just gonna leave it out.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Time to vote! To vote, just post the name of the user you're voting for.

n1n1
deoxys speed
miltankmilk

Voting ends Monday at noon GMT -5.

Def Laga, I know the av set I added isnt technically in the OP but I can't vote for the other two when I know that the team beats them :p Rotom-H is a lowkey huge threat, if he had given it discharge it would be even scarier

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
deoxys speed won this week, beating miltankmilk by just one point. Congrats!

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Thundurus @ Magnet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
Big thanks to checkmater for providing this week's team! "This is a Mega Diancie team I built with deoxys speed way back," he says. "It uses Mega Diancie + Salamence + Jirachi as a Fairy/Dragon/Steel core, but uses Mence to skip out on a Water-type, giving it the room to run things like Thundurus and Conkeldurr. deo used it in spl...week 8? and won." So now...

Let's see if you can break this team!

Submissions close Friday at noon GMT -5.

PSA: From now on if you win a week you can have "dibs" on submitting a team to be broken, so long as it's a solid build and has had some success in tours.

Last edited:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 120 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 144 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice???

Aegislash has a great MU vs this team. This set is EVd to live a Flare Blitz from Talon or 2 EPs from Mega Diancie. Wide Guard is nice for protecting Lando (or anything) from Icy Winds and Diamond Storm. Aegislash on its own messes this team up but Lando-T as a partner makes it even worse. Talon is doing even less damage to Aegislash, Diancie gets OHKOd before it can Earth Power, and Jirachi can't just stay in and hope to flinch Aegislash down.
The Lando spread lives 2 Talon BBs and the last moveslot could be anything, HP Ice 2HKOs mence so if you can predict the switch in it's fine but Aegislash beats it anyways, and between Rock Slide flinch and Hydro Pump accuracy mence is not winning vs Lando anyways. You could run purely Def on LandoT and save some EVs but I just included a spread I always use.

EDIT: Calcs
252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Aegislash-Shield: 273-322 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
48 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 136-160 (41.9 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 56 HP / 56 Def Landorus-T: 140-165 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

With two Rock Resists and two Ground immunities, I doubt that Scarf Landorus-T is the right way to approach this team. Thus, I believe AV Landorus-T (with it's better bulk) is the best way to approach this team. On the other hand, Talonflame acts as a lure. Jirachi, which is usually paired with Diancie, would sensibly use Protect, leaving Diancie out for the open. Plus, it's nice to have another mon which Landorus-T can freely use its Earthquake right next to.

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 144 HP / 132 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Data on Test Bots' Landorus-T: http://pastebin.com/71QG6CLd

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Steel Wing
- Protect
- Flare Blitz

Last edited:

Matame

New Rules

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Lando I literally kills everything
Aegislash walls conk and pressures Diancie+rachi more.
Lando also lubs wg vs this

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
As many others have noticed, Ground + Ice coverage is pretty scary for this team. So, while I wouldn't normally recommend running this, Mamoswine is a great pick against the team:

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Slide
- Ice Shard

Since nothing falls in between 390 and 420 speed, it can afford to run Adamant, which hits much harder. The only one that really gives Mamoswine trouble is Conkeldurr, but Talonflame could be an issue as well with its priority, so I went for an interesting lure set in Lum Natural Gift DD Gyarados:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Natural Gift
- Protect

Lum Berry + Natural Gift gives an 80 BP Flying-type move, which OHKOs Conkeldurr at +0. Aside from that it's standard DD Gyarados, goes fast and hits hard, but it also benefits from the Lum Berry potentially healing a Will-O-Wisp from Talon or TWave from Thund. Sadly this means the Berry is used up, but luckily Doubles games aren't 2v6 so the other team members can act as backup checks to Conkeldurr.

The only issue these two kind of have is Jirachi. Although it is 2HKOd by Mamoswine EQ, it 2HKOs back with Iron Head and has Icy Wind to remove the Scarf boost, after which it will outspeed and likely flinch.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Another squad with Earthquaker to by pass the Jirachi Follow me and hit Diancie. Water pokemon look great vs this team especially ones that are fast and take 0 from Thundy. Thats why I am picking swampert; no grass moves means no weakness.
The wide guard on his Conk isnt a major issue for swampert as he has only 1 water resist, 2 ice weak, and 2 water weak.

Going with fast thundy with rain dance, an interesting set imo. Flash Cannon for Diancie, HP ice for Salamence, and I am picking Volt Switch over Thunderbolt because I dont want Thundy staying on the field too long so I can bring him back in when I want to set rain. Volt Switch makes a nice pivot into a swimmer. Hes also a nice partner because I can EQ under him

Yeah so offensive Thund is super scary for this team because there isn't an electric resist. You're best check is Jirachi or Conkeldurr, neither of which are shrugging off a Thunderbolt, which is where mega gar comes in. It can trap Jirachi, burn Conkeldurr, do a lot of damage to Salamence, Diancie and Talonflame. As long as these two stay at mostly full HP, nothing really threatens them out without being potentially OHKOd first.
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Protect

Thundurus (M) @ Magnet
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

EVs on Gengar are to take an LO Ada brave bird from Talon with a dump in Spatk.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Time to vote! To vote, just post the name of the user you're voting for.

KyleCole
Test Bot #
talkingtree
n1n1

miltankmilk

Voting ends Monday at noon GMT -5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)