Strategy & Metagame Don't Use That, Use This: Outclassed Pokemon In OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi article approval squad :)

This is an article idea I've been saving for a while; it's an article on Pokemon that just are not worth using over other Pokemon in the OU metagame. For example, an example would be using Jolteon over Raikou: it's a very poor choice as it is outclassed by Raikou due to its higher bulk and better utility.

This is a very simple article actually - it just includes what Pokemon you shouldn't use in the OU metagame and suggest a replacement for them.

Sometimes, the reason you shouldn't use a certain Pokemon isn't because it's necessarily bad, but because its job is much better done by some other Pokemon. Whether it be a better movepool, better stats, or a certain flaw one has, there are many Pokemon that simply just don't get to shine because they're better used by other Pokemon. A good example of this would be how hard it is to justify using Jolteon over Raikou. Sure, Jolteon's high Speed makes it seem very appealing, but its overall low bulk makes it a bad choice, and Raikou is able to perform different roles such as being a special tank with an Assault Vest. Overall, this article will feature various examples of Pokemon who are simply outclassed.

let me know what you think :heart:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can definitely see this working out, as this will hopefully decrease the amount of people that bring up blacklisted Pokemon. I can't even keep track of the amount of times that people have brought up Jolteon, Darmanitan, Donphan, etc..., so this will be quite useful for newcomers just learning about the viability rankings. Approved!

Since the staff members technically need to approve something before it goes live, this has my yes as well. I'd suggest shortening the title by removing "a collection of" though; wordy isn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)