Other Metagames Does this even work? AG RMT peak #1

Does this even work?
As far as RMT's go, this one is different from the previous one. When I got back from Alaska, I had been out of the loop (and practice) for months. Thus, I wanted to get back unto the game. To that purpose, I decided to make a team around the most memey mon that I could actually use. While you may be thinking: but Quantum! The fact that you peaked with this says more about the ladder than your team!, and you'd be right, it is still a stall team that functions outside of careful counterteams, even vs the worst hax that 38 games had to offer. This is Shedstall.

The first Pokemon I chose to is Shedinja. It has more use that it appears: it walls common hard-hitting mons like Primal Kyogre, Xerneas, Calm Mind Arceus, Deoxys-Attack and Mewtwo.

Next came Mega Sableye: it blocks hazards, status, Knock Off, Lugia, and Dark Void. It also has decent synergy in typing, although it still loses to Mega Diancie.

Arceus Fairy is the third pick- it takes on Mega Rayquaza, Dragon Arceus, Mega Diancie, and Giratina, all of which beat Shedinja. Defog lets me repair the situation should hazards go up. It's also a great glue mon, so it fit with anything else I added.

Yveltal is mon #4- it takes on the ubiquitous Ekiller, acts as insurance VS Mray, and most importantly acts as a decent answer to Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon. It also pivots into MGar should MGar come in on one of my Ghost Types.

Arceus Dragon is a third MRay check, a PDon answer, and another backup Ho-Oh answer. It acts as a POgre answer should Shedinja faint, although that isn't super common.

Ho-Oh was the obvious sixth mon to choose. It switches into fire types, Will-O-Wisp, and special attackers while giving me some more offensive power. Ho-Oh also walls Mold Breakers bar Zekrom should I encounter them, although that has only happened once. It also has recovery, granting some much-needed longevity, and benefits from the hazard control I employ

The Team in Depth
upload_2016-9-8_19-23-35.png

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Recover

When I used this mon, I was surprised by how good it is. Fighting it didn't make that clear, all of Chloe's mentions didn't make that clear, seeing replays didn't make that clear: it's super reliable. It's rarely a gamechanger like the S rank mons can be, but its nearly never dead weight and sometimes literally carries my team. While the physical defense is annoying, its special bulk is to die for, and it has about 1 exploitable weakness.
upload_2016-9-8_19-23-59.png

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Shedinja is a total meme-mon: when it works it often 6-0's for me, when it doesn't it gets a tiny bit of chip. It's hazard weak, every mon has a move that can hit it, even if it doesn't run it, and it does minimal damage. However, it steals momentum like nothing else, and can spread status/revenge weakened threats. Specifically, it is immune to Extreme Speed, which lets it revenge weakened Mega Rayquaza no matter how boosted: 252 Atk Shedinja Shadow Sneak vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 76-91 (21.6 - 25.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 4HKO

upload_2016-9-8_19-24-16.png

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out
Sableye is blessed with two fantastic abilities: Prankster before Mega Evolution, and Magic Bounce after. It also gets stab foul play, which lets it take on Extreme Killer Arceus in a 1v1 scenario. It has an excellent typing, only being weak to Fairy, and is great for getting chip damage in.
upload_2016-9-8_19-23-18.png

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
Keeping this alive is nearly as important as keeping Shedinja conscious, as this is the key to doing so. With a fast Defog, Fairy Arceus can remove hazards before most opponents can react. I've considered a somewhat more offensive set, but there haven't been many situations where that would be very useful, and the speed is too handy to make it defensive.

upload_2016-9-8_19-24-44.png

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
-Defog
- Toxic

Judgement is the required stab, and Defog removes hazards for Shedinja. Toxic, meanwhile, cripples Ho-Oh and PDon for the rest of the match. A physically defensive set is superior here as it takes on Mega Rayquaza and Ho-Oh.​

upload_2016-9-8_19-25-0.png

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
Yveltal beats opposing stall, removing items, status moves, and damage. It also hurts offensive teams, with a powerful foul play and the ability to remove boosting items. It's typing has many weaknesses, but few of them are exploitable: It mostly answers physical attackers, and stone edge is the only common physical attack that its weak to.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Sleep Talk
- Recover
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off

Thank you for reading my 725 post RMT, and I look forward to any feedback.

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey man, nice RMT, great to see another Sheddy team! I see a few issues with the team and I'll try my best to improve it.

Firstly, Sub Darkrai pretty much 6-0s you. It can put anything to sleep, and sets up all over Sableye. My first suggestion would to be Sleep Talk over Earthquake on Ho-Oh. This does make your Groudon matchup slightly more difficult, but it at least gives you a way to fight against Darkrai if you're asleep, plus Earthquake isn't all that useful, as Ho-Oh generally shouldn't stay in on PDon anyways.

Another change that I think would benefit you is running a Physically Defensive spread on Dragonceus as opposed to a Specially Defensive one. Going physically defensive lets you better handle things like PDon and Mega Rayquaza that Dragonceus is supposed to beat, while the only loss is a slightly weakened POgre matchup (POgre is rare anywyas, plus you have Sheddy). You also mentioned that you're unsure about Will-O-Wisp on Dragonceus, and I'd agree that it's not the best choice, so I'd run Toxic over Will-O-Wisp on Dragonceus. Toxic lets you wear down Ho-Oh and PDon more efficiently and whittle down Xerneas faster as well.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Again, awesome team, and I hope this rate helped!

sw1fter

Banned deucer.
Ok first up iD suggest Dragon Arceus----> Ground Arceus as a physically defensive variant which helps your matchup versus mega diancie, Ray,pdon, but unfortunately not ho-oh, much more than dragon Ceus does. It also has the ability to spread burns which can soften up shedinja checks, as well as making it easier to wall those mons with another mon on your team.

Now that you lost your primary ho-oh check, admittedly not a very good ho-oh check, I would suggest running fairy Arceus----> rock Arceus. It can run the exact same set as fairy ceus, except now the judgment type will be rock, which allows it to check ho-oh far better as it resists both of it primary stabs. It also soft-checks pretty much everything else you said you wanted your Arceus fairy to check, however giratina is a problem still. To rectify this I thought you could run Charti berry over rocky helmet on yveltal to ensure you always beat ekiller 1v1 as even a +4 stone edge won't kill you. Also run toxic>taunt to allow yveltal to pressure ho-oh and pdon far better. Finally, in terms of changes for yveltal, change knock off to sucker punch to allow you to pressure offence better. Now you have a a far better way to pressure offence and beat ekiller, running mega Sableye---->mega diancie allows you to pressure stall and beat dragon ceus and giratina far better than yveltal could pressure stall, and better than fairyceus could pressure dragon ceus and tina. It also allows you to have a stealth rocker, assuming you run stealth rocks>Earth power, which is what I suggest. Diancie can also force ho-oh out as diamond Storm ohkoes ho-oh even with no attack investment.

(I would post the sets b my copy/paste function isn't working so hopefully you can manage this one by yourself)

Not really much more I can suggest for this team without changing the fundamental core (aka making it not shed stall) hope I helped. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Hey man, nice RMT, great to see another Sheddy team! I see a few issues with the team and I'll try my best to improve it.

Firstly, Sub Darkrai pretty much 6-0s you. It can put anything to sleep, and sets up all over Sableye. My first suggestion would to be Sleep Talk over Earthquake on Ho-Oh. This does make your Groudon matchup slightly more difficult, but it at least gives you a way to fight against Darkrai if you're asleep, plus Earthquake isn't all that useful, as Ho-Oh generally shouldn't stay in on PDon anyways.

Another change that I think would benefit you is running a Physically Defensive spread on Dragonceus as opposed to a Specially Defensive one. Going physically defensive lets you better handle things like PDon and Mega Rayquaza that Dragonceus is supposed to beat, while the only loss is a slightly weakened POgre matchup (POgre is rare anywyas, plus you have Sheddy). You also mentioned that you're unsure about Will-O-Wisp on Dragonceus, and I'd agree that it's not the best choice, so I'd run Toxic over Will-O-Wisp on Dragonceus. Toxic lets you wear down Ho-Oh and PDon more efficiently and whittle down Xerneas faster as well.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Again, awesome team, and I hope this rate helped!
Thanks for the advice: Physically defensive Dragon Arceus is a lot more helpful, especially vs Ho-Oh. Toxic isn't as good, but it's also a solid improvement. I'm still testing out stalk VS eq, but at the very least it isn't a crippling change.

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to rate my team. However, there are some questions I have.
Ok first up iD suggest Dragon Arceus----> Ground Arceus as a physically defensive variant which helps your matchup versus mega diancie, Ray,pdon, but unfortunately not ho-oh, much more than dragon Ceus does. It also has the ability to spread burns which can soften up shedinja checks, as well as making it easier to wall those mons with another mon on your team.

Now that you lost your primary ho-oh check, admittedly not a very good ho-oh check, I would suggest running fairy Arceus----> rock Arceus. It can run the exact same set as fairy ceus, except now the judgment type will be rock, which allows it to check ho-oh far better as it resists both of it primary stabs. It also soft-checks pretty much everything else you said you wanted your Arceus fairy to check, however giratina is a problem still. To rectify this I thought you could run Charti berry over rocky helmet on yveltal to ensure you always beat ekiller 1v1 as even a +4 stone edge won't kill you. Also run toxic>taunt to allow yveltal to pressure ho-oh and pdon far better. Finally, in terms of changes for yveltal, change knock off to sucker punch to allow you to pressure offence better. Now you have a a far better way to pressure offence and beat ekiller, running mega Sableye---->mega diancie allows you to pressure stall and beat dragon ceus and giratina far better than yveltal could pressure stall, and better than fairyceus could pressure dragon ceus and tina. It also allows you to have a stealth rocker, assuming you run stealth rocks>Earth power, which is what I suggest. Diancie can also force ho-oh out as diamond Storm ohkoes ho-oh even with no attack investment.

(I would post the sets b my copy/paste function isn't working so hopefully you can manage this one by yourself)

Not really much more I can suggest for this team without changing the fundamental core (aka making it not shed stall) hope I helped. Have a nice day!
Ground arceus seems an odd pick, as it doesn't really have any advantages over Dragon Arceus here beyond dealing with MDiancie and to a lesser extent Primal Groudon. As far as Mega Rayquaza answers go, its subpar, it fails to take on Ho-Oh at all, and it can't answer Primal Kyogre in an emergency either. The last points are the exact same thing as Dragon Arceus did, making this still more confusing.

Dragon Arceus is unfortunately not a real option here due to its inability to reliably take on Mega Rayquaza. In addition to losing to choice band sets, it is also set up bait for any set with Earthquake, loses to Life Orb sets via Draco Meteor, and is set up on by some of the Dragon Dance sets. This is especially important considering that Fairy Arceus is the only semi-reliable answer to Mega Rayquaza my team has should I remove Dragon Arceus. Furthermore, Rock Arceus has a far worse matchup vs Extreme Killer Arceus and Darkrai, both of which are somewhat problematic.

As far as Yveltal is concerned, it already counters Extreme Killer Arceus, so taking it on arguably superior one-use matchup isn't worth losing its other utility, such as chipping Ho-Oh and sponging MRay/Deoxys-A attacks. Toxic over Taunt is a viable option that I will try, but I'm uncertain as to the importance of toxic that makes up for of the loss in ability to beat Giratina, Klefki, and Blissey.

Mega Sableye to Mega Diancie is a viable option, but I'm already Supportceus weak as it is. I'll give it a shot and see if it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)