Do you think about Eviolite murkrow? (REAL) dpl 9 meme thread

eragon

:gaming:
is a Tiering Contributor
I think every team has a good lineup and could contend, so this is pretty subjective and probably going to be wrong, but here goes:
1. Santalune Storms- pretty much a ridiculous draft with tons of steals, it seems really difficult to stop this team on paper.
2. Cold Crew- I don't think this team really has a weakness, it has several solid players that are underrated right now I could easily see this team going quite far.
3. Tramplers- lots of great players with good balance across the generations.
4. Thieves- Lots of established players, a couple people I think haven't played much recently, but could definitely contend
5. Cratermakers- a solid lineup that could easily be higher, a few underrated people looking to prove themselves and some really good oldgens players Arcticblast as manager also seems like a recipe for success.
6. Church- again, solid lineup, not sure how it will stack up into some of the even scarier teams
7. Sp_ndas- a few question marks here but really good players like Nails too so this team could go far

Actuarily

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Gotta get the PRs in before the first game gets played.

1. Snowpoint City Cold Crew - Can’t think there’d be any other team here, they killed the draft. They’ve got an excellent oldgens core in the most recent classic winner (Akaru), the winner of last BW Cup (Amaranth), and the 10-0 in Swiss player from OSDT (Ninja)…. And oh yeah they also have SMB. I also really like their SV players, and while AIRedzone didn’t have the greatest DUU Swiss kickoff (nor did I so who am I to talk) they’ve been active in the tier, and sometimes that makes all the difference. On top of this they also have some very capable subs and managers, so I expect big things out of the team.

2. Tohjo Tramplers - I am a huge fan of this team, they got a bunch of really capable players that are probably in the top half at each tier. My only concern might be building for SV as it seems they have more VGC experience than DOU. We’ll have to see if that works out in their favor, perhaps they can bring some innovations to DOU. Bage1 had a great duu Swiss kickoff, so I’m excited to see if they can continue that here. For oldgens I think each slot has a ton of experience at the tiers they’re playing, I’m curious to see how much they build vs re-use in some of these oldgen slots.

3. Browbeat Lands - This team is very solid top to bottom. While I think they overspent a bit on SV slots (but got good players for it), they got great value elsewhere. Relicanth and Kylecole have both done well in the past at their respective tiers, and really enjoy playing those tiers which I think is gonna be really important in a 7 week season. I could see this lineup shake up a bit, as they have quality backups and versatile players.

4. Paldea Cratermakers - The Cratermakers took a few bets that I think could pay off in a big way. They’ve got a SV core that’s been doing very well in the ssnl, so those were safe picks. For DUU, Xqiht is a bit of an unknown, but they have played well in SV, so that should be able to translate. For oldgens, they have a few players that haven’t played in a while in Tennisace and Tman, it’ll be interesting to see how they do. Beyond that I expect Zee to perform well in XY and Animus in SS.

5. Slateport City Spindas - The Spindas appeared to draft based on overall pokemon ability, as opposed to recent performances, which often pays off. The top of the Spindas is as good as any other team with players like Nails & Umbry who are proven to get wins (interesting that neither is playing SS, since it’s a tier they’ve both shown a lot of interest in). Xrn won the SV kickoff so we should expect a good performance out of them in that slot. Gasai is absolutely a mad genius that nobody wants to matchup against. Beyond that they have a slots that are kinda to be determined, but definitely have talent at playing mons.

6. Spikemuth Spectral Thieves - In my opinion, the Thieves are the team with the biggest variance, I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up winning the tournament, but I also worry they could fall flat. Outside of JRL they have a lot of players with good potential, but just haven’t produced a ton of results lately, or haven’t played in a little while. I was very surprised to see Frania not self-draft, as I think they’re definitely one of the better oldgen players, but we’ll have to see if that can translate into being an excellent support.

7. Rustboro Baptist Church - Church I think spent a little too much on SV slots, and could maybe stand to beef up their oldgens a bit. Interestingly the winner of the DUU Swiss Kickoff (Nido) isn’t being slotted in that tier. I am curious to see if they change things up because when I first saw their team I did not think this is what the lineup would look like. That being said, they definitely have some players that can live up to their price tags, and some that I could see overperforming as well.

8. Santalune Storms - 1st place PR curse, we’re screwed.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Tier 1
- mish: shortening of Mishimono; a phrase that's taken on a life of its own. see: The Discovery of Mish
- [REDACTED]: often refers to permabanned user Stratos a.k.a. Pwnemon/jumpy23/Keith
- Arcticblast rigged Skymin vote: during the Shaymin-Sky suspect of 2015, Arcticblast arbitrarily lowered the suspect test ban threshold from the usual 60% to 51%. it was ultimately banned with a ~55% pro-Ban vote.
- The jerk: refers to a subcommunity with several prominent Doubles users
- mocc: mock drafts
- pogafin & pogarina: grotesque drawings of Palafin and Primarina to include the PogChamp emote; Pogarina was used especially often during APAC's DWCOP2 campaign
- Horamir: infamous, commonly locked ladder hero who often gets accused of eloboosting
- high jump kick: high jump kick (example); started getting use after Checkmater's High Jump Kick Scrafty innovation -- still #general's topic channel
- monofire: GenOne's favorite archetype in SM :torkoal:
- Cacnea 100% win rate: KyleCole beat zoe in DWCOP III using Cacnea, which is why DOUcord has the :zoe: emoji
- Ban Commander: the argument that the Commander ability should be banned instead of Tatsugiri
- (real): the only way to distinguish honest takes & opinions from ironic ones anymore
- DuGuo: the (hilarious) captain for DWCOP III's Team China
- rfn: (lets play) right fucking now
- there is a life outside dou and it is 100x better lmao hahaha: pre-timeskip GenOne burnout post in DOUcord
- :business::
(:handshake:)

Tier 2
- Tohjo Falls origin story: the private room was meant to bridge the gap between DOU & VGC players. however, it was taken over by several users from the Doubles community and thrived as a jerk from 2015 to early 2019, after which it was taken over by random users n1n1 invited
- Demantoid QDB: Demantoid was known during the same time period to collect funny logs, see dpl 5 (+extra) & dpl 6's quote databases
- Fly Mega-Altaria in seasonals finals: Flame Road brought Fly Mega-Altaria in the 2016 Winter Seasonals Grand Finals against TUO
- Mega-Camerupt SWEEP: SingleThunder's legendary video from 2015
- nice access: a terrible Viability Rankings nomination from 2015 that argues Raikou to Tier 2 because it has nice access to Snarl
- Laga: one of the first successful non-VGC Doubles mains in SPL
- Red Pill PUA: aka Purple Rain Lele; controversial user known for coining the phrase 'tourney bro' and spamming Sun PsySpam with level 1 Togedemaru
- girafarig cup: the "girafarig if instead of a line it split off in a triangular formation" cup's finals were never played and was, technically, an ongoing tournament for months after
- Pastelle vs Yellow Paint: Pastelle vs Yellow Paint for DOU Open IV was commentated by Stratos, BLOOD TOTEM, KyleCole & (?) and features some questionable gameplay from both sides
- shrop: shrop05; prominent Doubles players around 2014-2015; made a comeback years later before disappearing again
- zikam scam?: zikam aka sawamura was permabanned from Smogon & the Doubles community for asking for money
- Iceberg77: high elo ladder player who was nominated in the first DPL9 mock draft to see whether the first-time mock drafters would spend exorbitantly on a lesser known player like they had overspent for others prior. Iceberg77 would continue to be drafted in (almost) every mocc thereafter
- Mega gengar pointers: Frania: i wanna give a big s/o to all the mgengar ladder users. i think its inspiring how you manage oi keep your ladder score so low that when you one time manage to snipe a standard kangascan your whole little team is made to beat (hence why such low ladder score) you get all the pointers back
- First DOU circuit winner: Tricking ended up winning the first Doubles Invitational, beating makiri in finals. Tricking was the subject of a lot of derision because of his luck throughout the tournament

Tier 3
- pre-timeskip smudgerox: user of questionable posting quality; was banned from DOUcord for about a year for being argumentative and difficult. came back a good user later
- @Matame ghosting scandal: Matame ghosted Toxigen and zolaski (then MiyoKa) in the 2017 Fall Seasonal & DLT II
- Mukkuro: alt of Ann that raised suspicion when they made Top 16 in OSDT I
- FITE Y/N?: its 2016. you log on Pokemon Showdown. within 1 millisecond Nido-Rus DMs you FITE Y/N? he smacks you with some Simple Beam Genesect + CM Fini tech. life is good
- Elegy2019 boosting scandal: in 2020, user Elegy2019 was found boosting themselves to qualify for DLT
- KyleCole Weekend Show: lost KyleCole videos; on a weekly basis he would invite others and talk about Doubles
- champetero: user who permanently quit Doubles after not getting drafted for DPL I
- last minecraft: DPL 9 joke about Acehunter1, YoBuddy, Yellow Paint etc. for playing on the (now dead) Doubles Minecraft server
- Mr.GX going feral: a number of posts by Mr.GX of a roleplaying nature, of which "Meow!! I'm going feral now. everyone who gets near me gets scratched!" was most commonly referred
- durant trap: a Durant Perish Trap team used by DaWoblefet to terrorize ladder from 2019 to 2020 (see: the 550-turn replay)
- EmbCPT ground resists: jokes about how EmbCPT criticized players and builders in DOU for not having Ground resists
- TF Polls: polls in the Tohjo Falls PS! room by Demantoid featuring autogenerated quotes implicating Mishimono in (some negative thing)
- SPL flaaffy: KyleCole used Flaaffy in a win over kamikaze in SPL 8 Week 4
- "who leaked": KyleCole brought Qwilfish rain against Stax the next week, loaded up an unfavorable matchup, posted "sigh who leaked", and cancered from his team after which forced the Cryonicles to start njnp for the remainder of SPL 8

Tier 4
- qsns Grand Slam: qsns qualified for Grand Slam IV playoffs and finished in Top 8, ultimately losing to Bouff
- Doubles irc: before PS! rooms and migrating to Skype, the Doubles community was mostly on irc
- n1n1 vs Braverius: a live bo3bo3 between Platinum God n1n1 and Braverius that n1n1 ended up winning; they would rematch later for SPL's Salty Suite
- Level 56: high level singles player who performed well in the Doubles circuit around 2016-2017; commonly confused with Level 51
- dispy: #inside_scoop post
- Stratos anime transphobic copypasta: Stratos' response to me asking for lesbian anime recommendations; a long reply about how anime pushes the idea that only women can be happy and is making cis men trans
- Pocket: former tier leader Pocket was pivotal in setting up Doubles as an official metagame ca. 2015; returned briefly around ~2019 until disappearing again
- LuckyPiper: user who responded to the DPL 5 anime viability rankings (see: n1n1 calling them a nerd)
- Scarf Stealth Rock incident: during SPL 7 Braverius locked his Scarf Lando-T into Stealth Rock against BLOOD TOTEM's Mega Gengar
- sforz: a marilli alt that got drafted for DPL 2; Yellow Paint was granted an activity win over sforz in Week 2 and the Sp_ndas received their shame mark
- DaWob mish audio files: a few audio files of DaWoblefet saying mish-related phrases in varying intonations
- spo.ink/secretfiles
- Croven Hades WR: Croven holds the world record in Hades speedrunning (source: speedrun.com)
- hoopa isn't broken, never heard of u-turn?: meme image by BLOOD TOTEM
- Dugtrio Cup: a disastrous team tournament from 2015 that was cancelled halfway through for sheer incompetence (see: "tradition for tradition's sake is dumb")
- Hentai Crew: group of users from 2014, dubbed the Hentai Crew

Last edited:

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
1681189642121.png

nyooh hoo hoo!

You Fools!

I am Howdysire's arch nemesis, Oil Baron Dastardsire!

While you were all looking away at howdysire, I tied Tinkaton to a set of train tracks!

You impeccable imbeciles, you faultless fools, you'll never save them in time!

For you see I have also set a bomb next to her! ho ho ho!

It is set for 8 minutes and 43 seconds.

I shall watch from my coach as Tinkaton meets her timely demise!

nyhoo hoo hoo!

1681190438445.png

View attachment 507024

nyooh hoo hoo!

You Fools!

While you were all looking away at howdysire, I tied Tinkaton to a set of train tracks!

nyhoo hoo hoo!

View attachment 507025
I see, you, the Howdysire Cold Crew have declared war on the Tinkaton Liberation Army.

You shall come to regret your choice of meme in due time.

PS: if you look at the picture, you can see the train track where you tied up Coronel Tinkaton is broken, and the train derailed harmlessly (for us).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
View attachment 507024

nyooh hoo hoo!

You Fools!

nyhoo hoo hoo!

View attachment 507025
bro we tied wtf

rude!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)