Gen 3 Do I post gen 3 RMTs here

Anyways, I decided to make a HO team for the Smogon tour, I would use help in making it.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
Moves:
Spikes
Roar
Rest
Drill Peck
It's basically a standard 3rd gen skarmory set. Nothing much to say here, but I don't want this locked, so here goes. Skarmory is the best Physical wall in 3rd gen, being able to phase many common threats out with it's roar. Rest is for recovery, and Drill peck is for Damage.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Sp. Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
Moves:
Toxic
Recover
Psychic
Leech Seed
Specially defensive stalling celebi. Leech Seed + Recover allows it to heal a bunch, and Toxic is for additional stalling. Psychic is for damage, and I know i don't do shit to Shiftry. This set is effective, but i am willing to take suggestions.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
Choice Band Heracross is a great attacker in RSE. Megahorn and Brick Break are STABS, Earthquake and Ghost Power are for nearly unresisted coverage.

Raikou @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature

- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
Raikou is the best Special sweeper in the game, period. I get the SUb up due to the speed, Calm Mind seemingly infinite times, and Hurt anything not named Blissey. BLissey is taken care of by Heracross.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Salamence is my check to many Physical attackers, and while they switch out, i can get up a Dragon Dance, even outspeeding Starmie after the boost. I was disappointed when i learned that dragon was special, but HP flying and Quakeslide is good enough.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature

- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
Jynx is the oddball of the team, and I chose is over Alakazam mainly because it's the only Sleep inducer on this team. It's the second Calm Mind user on the team, with Ice beam and Psychic as STABs.

So let me know what you think, and thanks!

Jelli Edit: Yes, you do ^.^

The team looks really weak to special sweepers like most CMers, Regice and Blaziken, as well as DDers like TTar and Mence. Right now you have two hyper defensive pokemon and four hyper offensive pokemon, and that's not a good idea. Skarm and that Celebi set are slowing down your team while leaving many common threats unhandled. I think the team needs to be rebuilt from scratch although the Raikou/Heracross/Salamence combination looks like a good starting point.

So what do you think would be a good fit in this team? I am relatively new to 3rd gen OU, so what would go well with the Raikou/Mence/beetle combination?

Seconding what Crystal_ said. The likes of Metagross and Jirachi will, as insult to injury, also wall Jynx while plowing through the rest of the team. If you decide to work with the Raikou/Heracross/Salamence combination, I suggest that you try to add an offensive steel as well. Like Metagross, Jirachi or even Magneton. A more defensive inclined choice could also be a Wish-variant of Jirachi. Using a bulky water would probably be a wise, as a defensive pivot.

If you want to build your team around Jynx, your first priority should be to pair her up with someone who can deal with Metagross and Jirachi, as well as the usual special walls (Blissey, Snorlax, Regice). You must also be able to deal with sweepers that are faster than Jynx, as they will OHKO her rather easily. She can be a scary sweeper, but need hard-counters gone to work.

These three are very offesnive Pokemon that offer little defensively, so you'll have to look for Pokemon that are also defensive but not very passive so that they don't slow down the team but still can provide an answer to the most common threats of the metagame.

Offensive Calm Mind Suicune and offensive Swapert are both options if you want a bulky water; Dugtrio is an option to deal with stuff like Raikou, Jirachi, Ttar and Metagross if you wan't to go hyper offense, but it is not as reliable defensively. offensive CM Celebi is an option if you want to use Celebi. If you want a Spiker, Cloyster is the most offensive of all, being able to set up into Skarm and Forr, packing a dangerous Explosion, and being a decent check to Mence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)