RMT Djinn's Last Stand

If you wanna be with me, baby there's a price to pay, I'm a genie in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way

Hello CAP, I'm bringing you a new RMT for the (possibly) final days of Landorus in the CAP metagame. The CAP metagame will just not be the same without this beast. Before Landorus gets hit by the axe, I've been itching to try out some lesser used sets of Landorus (most of the time you'll see the mixed attacker) and so I've created teams based on these sets: Calm Mind and Rock Polish.

Note that there is color code to signify what is on which team.
Black = Both
Red = Team 1
Blue = Team 2

Team Preview

In Detail

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rock Polish/Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave/Focus Blast

Setup Landorus has not been brought up that much in discussion due to most players using the mixed set, but it does work. Earth Power and Psychic will always be used no matter what, as hitting a majority of the meta as well as screwing over Tomohawk is something too good to pass on. With Rock Polish, I can afford to run Modest for the extra power, while CM + Focus Blast inflicts serious damage on things trying to switch in like Chansey or Colossoil. I have Sludge Wave on RP sets since Focus Blast does not do enough damage without a boost.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psychic

Gothitelle is here to eliminate any wall that dare stands in the way of a sweep. TrickScarf is such a powerful move, as a wall locked into one move will then get PP stalled to Struggle while Gothitelle Rests off the damage and sets up CM. Also being able to avoid getting 3HKO'd by Chansey's Seismic Toss due to the 80 HP investment is just so good. This thing can also revenge kill some stuff in needed. Gothitelle basically turns stall on its head.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-W is my way of dealing with threats in flyspam like Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, and can check Cawmodore if healthy. Here we have a standard bulky Rotom-W, that can also serve as a defensive pivot due to Volt Switch and can also neuter annoying mons like Kitsunoh and DD Altaria with a burn. I have 44 Speed EVs with the intention to outspeed Azumarill which can threaten Landorus with an Aqua Jet.

Tomohawk @ Shed Shell
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Haze

Tomohawk plays two roles on my team: the first being the SR setter and the other being a physical wall. With Gothitelle on the rise, I run Shed Shell to be able to escape its wrath. With Haze, Tomohawk also serves as an emergency stop to any setup sweeper like Cawmodore or Revenankh. This thing also helps Landorus with its huge Colossoil problem, as being able to completely wall it is great for the team.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

I run a fairy on my teams since fairies are very good in the CAP meta, handling common threats like Tomohawk, Cyclohm, and Colossoil. Mega Gardevoir gives the team a more offensive feel, nuking threats with its STAB Pixilate Hyper Voice and having a wide amount of coverage. Being able to handle non-Iron Head Kyurem-B is also very good. Sylveon gives this team a more balanced feel, providing cleric support while still having offensive presence and the ability to check some key threats like Syclant and Stratagem.

Syclant @ Life Orb
Ability: Mountaineer
EVs: 252 Atk / 4SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Superpower / Defog

Finally, here are the Bug-types used to check Mega Latias, one of the biggest counters to Landorus. Syclant is the more offensive check, threatening a lot of mons with its wide coverage or providing momentum on predicted switches with U-turn. I have Earthquake to deal with specially defensive mons as opposed to Earth Power which is already covered by Landorus. Mega Scizor is this team's way of dealing with fairies since Landorus does not have Sludge Wave on this team. It can serve as an effective pivot for its many useful resistances and U-turn. It also adds some balance to this team with its reliable recovery, while still picking off threats with Bullet Punch and surprising people with Superpower.

Last edited:
Always remember

Bye Landorus, may you rest in the dark depths of the lesser-used Ubers with Aegislash and Blaziken.

I personally think that Blue Team has an advantage over Red Team. Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir are both good compared to each other, but I think Mega Scizor is fairly better compared to Syclant. But then Red is more offensive then Blue, so I'm probably wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)