Divine Judgment (an LNT warstory)

This is from the Monday LNT, with the theme "A God Walks Among Us." Basically, bog standard Ubers with Extended Clause on. Enjoy.

My actions will be in red.
Class's actions will be in blue.
My comments will be in hot pink because real men wear it.
Rules: Evasion Clause, Extended Game, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Timed Battle

qbsuperstar03 sent out Giratina-o (lvl 100 Giratina-o).
Class sent out Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Giratina-o used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 100% of its health.
Class's Scizor fainted.

Not a bad start. HP Fire on his Scizor lead for the quick KO and an early 6-5 advantage.

Class switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
qbsuperstar03 switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).

I get the feeling I'm going to get ripped a new one with a STAB Spatial Rend, so I decide to switch in Wobbuffet and hopefully get another kill.

Palkia used Spacial Rend.
Wobbuffet lost 29% of its health.
Wobbuffet's leftovers restored its health a little!
Wobbuffet restored 6% of its health.

Like I thought, Wobbuffet tanks it like a champ. Now to see what he resorts to next now that Shadow Tag has locked it in.

Palkia used Thunder Wave.
Wobbuffet is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Palkia got an encore!

One point five shit. I Encored him into a non-damaging move and I don't even have Magic Coat. Only one thing to do here...switch in Garchomp.

qbsuperstar03 switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
It doesn't affect Garchomp...

Okay, now that he knows Garchomp is going to rip Palkia a new one while it's locked into Thunder Wave, he decides to switch as well. Knowing this, I decide to use the free turn to set up and hopefully get a sweep started.

Class switched in Mew (lvl 100 Mew).
Garchomp used Swords Dance.
Garchomp's attack was sharply raised.
Mew used Explosion.
Garchomp lost 100% of its health.
qbsuperstar03's Garchomp fainted.

Class's Mew fainted.

Damn...he knew what I was planning just from the SD and decides to stop it before it starts by any means necessary. I'm still sitting on a 5-4 advantage, so I figure it's time to start putting up some entry hazards.

qbsuperstar03 switched in Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
Class switched in Arceus (lvl 100 Arceus).
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
The foe's Arceus transformed into the Fighting type!

This sequence of events tells me two things: One, that my Deoxys-e outspeeds his Arceus, and thus I can set up the rocks before he can get off an attack. Two, his Arceus is holding a Fist Plate, turning him into the Fighting type and making it that much more difficult to get around him.

Deoxys-e used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Arceus used Thunder Wave.
Deoxys-e is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Deoxys-e's Lum Berry cured its Paralysis!

According to the old chestnut, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." With this knowledge, I think I know what he's going to try next.

Deoxys-e used Taunt.
Arceus fell for the taunt!
Arceus used Thunder Wave.
Arceus can't use Thunder Wave after the taunt!

Prediction FTW.

Class switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.
Deoxys-e used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
The rain continues to fall.
Kyogre's leftovers restored its health a little!
Kyogre restored 6% of its health.

I was half-anticipating the switch, and decided to use my free turn to set up more entry hazards, then try to outspeed Kyogre and actually do some damage on the next turn.

Deoxys-e used Superpower.
Kyogre lost 36% of its health.
Deoxys-e's attack was lowered.
Deoxys-e's defence was lowered.
Kyogre used Thunder Wave.
Deoxys-e is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Damn it, how many times is he going to pull this shit on me? Looking back, I probably should have switched back to Giratina-o, but his STAB rain-boosted Water move is probably still going to hammer it on the switch, and then he'll outspeed it and get the 2HKO next round. So I decide to try to tough it out, which was probably a bad move.

Kyogre used Surf.
A critical hit!
Deoxys-e lost 100% of its health.
qbsuperstar03's Deoxys-e fainted.

I was planning to switch...just not this fucking soon. It's all tied up at 4 apiece.

qbsuperstar03 switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Rayquaza used Outrage.
Rayquaza went on a rampage!
Kyogre lost 70% of its health.
Class's Kyogre fainted.

Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.

YES. Got the KO, putting me back on top by a score of 4-3. He's no doubt noticed that I'm running an LO on my Quaza and that I'm locked into Outrage for at least one more turn. Still, with SR and one layer of Spikes on his field combined with Quaza's excellent speed, I'm hoping to do some more damage.

Class switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Palkia.
Palkia lost 12% of its health.
Palkia was hurt by Spikes!
Palkia lost 12% of its health.
Palkia used Spacial Rend.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Rayquaza lost 90% of its health.
qbsuperstar03's Rayquaza fainted.

Dammit, that's the second surprise kill he's gotten this game thanks to a lucky shot. We're once again tied, this time at 3 apiece.

qbsuperstar03 switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Darkrai's attack missed!
Darkrai is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

I don't know what the hell I did to piss it off, but the RNG must have had a vendetta against me that night. Class takes advantage of the free turn afforded by the miss to spread even more paralysis.

Palkia used Surf.
Darkrai lost 94% of its health.
Darkrai is paralysed! It can't move!

Again, chance doesn't go my way. Darkrai's sitting at 6% health and is paralyzed to boot, so my instincts tell me he's going to go for the kill. Since Giratina-o isn't exactly the speediest monster in Ubers, if the incoming Surf doesn't do him in, the STAB SE Spatial Rend that would surely follow would.

Palkia used Surf.
Wobbuffet lost 46% of its health.

Wobbuffet is sitting at roughly half health right now and is paralyzed to boot, so he's likely going to go for another kill with the STAB rain-boosted Surf attack. Thinking along these lines, I plan my counter-attack accordingly.

Palkia used Surf.
Wobbuffet lost 42% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat.
Palkia lost 75% of its health.
Class's Palkia fainted.

We're coming into the home stretch here: I'm leading 3-2, but two of my remaining monsters, including the guy I have out, are under 20% and statused and he's still got Arceus waiting for me. I decide to roll the dice and try to lock his Arceus into a setup move as he prepares for a sweep.

Pointed stones dug into Arceus.
Arceus lost 6% of its health.
Arceus was hurt by Spikes!
Arceus lost 12% of its health.
Arceus used Calm Mind.
Arceus's special attack was raised.
Arceus's special defence was raised.
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Arceus got an encore!

My gamble paid off. Arceus is now locked into Calm Mind, which will most likely force a switch in favor of someone that will actually do damage and give me a free turn to switch to Giratina-o. The problem is, I don't know what his sixth monster is! However, the crippled state of the rest of my team leaves the Renegade Pokemon as my only real option if I don't want to give him a free kill.

qbsuperstar03 switched in Giratina-o (lvl 100 Giratina-o).
Arceus used Calm Mind.
Arceus's special attack was raised.
Arceus's special defence was raised.

By now, I'm thinking I've got him. Whether he decides to phaze away his +2 CM and have his switch-in get hammered by Dragon Claw or stay in and get torn to shreds, this match is mine.

Class switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!

Pointed stones dug into Dialga.
Dialga lost 6% of its health.
Dialga was hurt by Spikes!
Dialga lost 12% of its health.
Giratina-o used Dragon Claw.
Dialga lost 47% of its health.

Okay, he's got a Dialga for his last Pokemon. No sweat: The entry hazards took him to within 2hKO range of Dragon Claw, and I've already got off one shot...he's not even carrying Lefties. One more hit and I'll be in command with a 3-1 lead and a rampaging Giratina-o.

Dialga used Thunder Wave.
Giratina-o is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Giratina-o is paralysed! It can't move!

Okay, the amount of parahax in this game is quickly growing ridiculous. Still, I have one more trick up my sleeve...

Giratina-o used Shadow Sneak.
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
Dialga lost 22% of its health.
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
It's super effective!
Giratina-o lost 100% of its health.
qbsuperstar03's Giratina-o fainted.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
Dialga lost 10% of its health.

Oh, so THAT was what he was running...a Life Orb. While the game is technically even at 2-all, both of my remaining monsters are paralyzed and at under 20% health, putting me in a nearly unwinnable position. Darkrai's defenses aren't exactly anything to write home about, so I do the only reasonable thing: Send in Wobbuffet.

Dialga used Thunder.
Wobbuffet lost 14% of its health.
Dialga lost 2% of its health.
Class's Dialga fainted.
Wobbuffet is paralysed! It can't move!

LIFE ORB RECOIL, MOTHERFUCKER. Sadly, I can see how this Cinderella story is going to end: Despite me being up 2-1, I've got nothing left in the tank to take down his Arceus. The rest of the battle, IMO, speaks for itself.

Pointed stones dug into Arceus.
Arceus lost 6% of its health.
Arceus was hurt by Spikes!
Arceus lost 12% of its health.
Arceus used Ice Beam.
Wobbuffet lost 7% of its health.
qbsuperstar03's Wobbuffet fainted.
qbsuperstar03 switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Arceus used Judgment.
It's super effective!
Darkrai lost 6% of its health.
qbsuperstar03's Darkrai fainted.
Class wins!

Props to Class for a very good and very close match. Spreading paralysis on as much of my team as possible was a long-view strategy that ended up paying off.

Bad comments (and a little silly: he obviously didn't explode on Chomp because you SD'd because they happened the same turn). Lackluster battle too.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
An "average" warstory I guess. Average because I only saw a summary of the events that occurred, without much creative insight in the situations, often mustering up a sentence or two about the obvious.

hah, not worth a warstory sorry =/

haxxy game, format not the best, gimmick team in a gimmick metagame

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Boring game, average comments, average prediction, a total bypass of gameplay mechanics and one of the most annoying colour-schemes I've ever seen.

Otherwise fantastic warstory!

His team was played terribly...
Pretty much a back and forth "Oh no he KO'd my pokemon, let's switch to a counter! Yes I KO'ed him!" Rinse and repeat.

Oh, and use a warstory formatting program, they make life easier for both reader and writer.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not really a bad battle, but not good with pretty bad comments, I honestly stopped when you wrote
Prediction FTW.
for your only comment on a play. Then forced myself to read the rest to see if it got better. Honestly neither of you played that well...I mean he Thunder Waved a Taunt happy Deoxys (which you used outside of a lead spot...). In addition hax was abundant critical hits left and right, along with FP here and there, which dont make for good warstories. Also what happened here:

qbsuperstar03 switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
It doesn't affect Garchomp...

Class switched in Mew (lvl 100 Mew).
Garchomp used Swords Dance.
Garchomp's attack was sharply raised.
Mew used Explosion.
Garchomp lost 100% of its health.
qbsuperstar03's Garchomp fainted.
Class's Mew fainted.

Did you just mesh the 2 turns? Or am I missing something...Also if you ever do write a warstory again I dont care if you like pink it gives the reader a headache to see something obnoxiously bright (at least it did for me). Please, take this as constructive criticism and not an insult, good luck with future warstories!

I couldn't even read this....
I mean seriously do you think pink font makes it easier to read?
And I did bother to read some parts and some of the worst commentary ever.
You basically pointed out the obvious the whole time. And when you said "Predection ftw" I just had too stop. That's just stupid cmon u should explain why you did what you did not tell else what happened when you did what you did.
3/10 Bright colors,bad commentary,horrible battle.

Better luck next time!

I don't know, I guess I'm the only one that likes these warstories. It's really funny and I get to see the personalities of the players. :toast:

Everything they said up there. Even Charmed.

But I stress, PLEASE don't use pink. Or yellow, for that matter.

6/10

Oh, yeah, pictures would be nice.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
why are you posting a LNT warstory... when it's not a good battle? I mean, ladder battles are ok, but... this had tons of hax too. and misplays.

Plus, WHY AREN'T YOU USING ARCEUS!!?!?? It easily outclasses swords dance garchomp.

3/10 and I feel really generous right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)