ORAS Ubers Ditto's Blues Sextette

Hello there, fellow companions!

I'm fairly new to Pokémon in general. Played some when I was younger, but started playing Showdown a couple of weeks ago when a friend told me about it. I started by playing OU, but a few days ago I decided to try out Ubers. Tried out some old teams from the RMT (for example Lacus' old team, as some liked to call it whenever they faced me), which went exceptionally well the first day I played I have to say (got to ~1790, which later on sadly went downhill as I started making too many mistakes and had a dip). However, what good is it to play a team someone else created? I literally knew nothing about the team or why it looked like it did, 'cept for the fact that I eventually figured out how to play it. What I'm trying to say is that I decided that creating a team of my own would be far more beneficial for me and my knowledge of Showdown in general. So, here we go. The team has actually done quite well (for a noob, that is), surfacing around ~1600s. Here's the team in whole:

Let's hope it looks good thus far. A very blue-ish team. How did I come up with this team? Not sure. I don't have any previous knowledge in creating teams, but I happened to know that I wanted Ditto. Lacus' team (as I refered to earlier) had a Ditto, which I found very useful. Most people run either Ekiller, Xerneas, Salamence (50/50 for me if they happen to run Return/Frustration) or pretty much any other booster. Either if they play carefully knowing that I have Ditto, i.e. not boosting their Pokémon, or if they just don't know the power of Ditto, Ditto will be useful. If they boost, Ditto will revenge kill and might even sweep a couple of more mons. If they don't, Ditto will stay happy (despite his 0 happiness) because he's doing work holding the boosters off their true power.

I'll carry on explaining why I chose each Pokémon further down as we get to each one.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

First off, Transform. His main stab move, needless to say. Heading forward to his coverage move, Transform. Essential for Ditto, I would say. Why not throw in a couple of more Transforms while we're on it? Okay lame, I'll stop. Explained in the paragraph above. Choice Scarf because I happen to despise speed ties. HP/Def EVs to, for example, survive Ekillers if they're at full health and need two hits to go down. 0 Happiness because most people run Frustration over Return (since they heard it counters Ditto).

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

I always thought Bronzong was an interesting Pokémon. Works as one of my defensive gadgets. Checks Pokémon like Mega-Diancie, Xerneas, Mewtwo (mainly X and Y), Ekiller and Deoxys-Attack. As for the move set: sets up Stealth Rock when he gets the chance. Toxic/Protect, pretty self-explanatory. Gyro Ball for Diancie/Xerneas and taunters. It also does great work vs. a lot of normal threats with speed. HP/SpD EVs to be able to take care of threats like Latias/Latios and Shaymin-Sky, while taking even less damage from Xerneas/Diancie if they stay in. Leftovers for recovery (together with protect it very often turns a 2HKO into a 3HKO). I have Levitate as ability at the moment, but I'm really thinking of changing it to Heatproof since most people expect it to be Levitate. I'm not sure though if it's worth the risk, since I've encountered some people who like to waste a turn making sure it's Levitate by using a ground move. What do you guys think?

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I wanted to get in on the fun that is Primal, so why not get Kyogre. Very viable damage dealer, whilst also being able to survive a couple of hits. Scald and Ice Beam is basically all it needs to serve its designated purpose on this team, in terms of damage dealing abilities. Sleep Talk; not only to tank Darkrai's Dark Void, but to together with Rest give it a great way of recovering and nullifying status conditions whilst still being able to go at it. HP/Def to make it as tanky as possible, since Primordial Sea takes care of the damage part. Bold to help it even more when it goes to fight with Groudon switch-ins, for example.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

My second defensive force. I've always really disliked going up against Lugia. Reason: Multiscale. So why not go for it myself. Checks mons like Ho-Oh, Groudon-Primal. I outspeed both Ho-Oh and Groudon, so a switch-in doesn't cost me too much since I can Recover (with Leftovers) to eventually get back up to full health to activate Multiscale, even if rocks are up. Here comes the problem though. Although I haven't found it to be too huge of a problem, a friend of mine told me that one weakness of my team was that it had no Defogger and that it kind of ruins Lugia's strength. Of course it does, but I somehow managed to do well without having Defog. What do you think? I'll get more to it when I get to Arceus-Ground. As for EVs I go for HP and split the rest between Def and Spe. I outspeed Adamant Rayquaza with my 290 Spe, while still being tanky enough to be satisfied myself, thanks to having Bold nature.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

So. I love having my Arceus-Ground as a special attacker (and not a usual Def/HP tank), and it's doing great loads of work. Judgment and Ice Beam are quite standard, I guess. Both making it an incredible check for Groudon, Shaymin-Sky, Salamence and Rayquaza. With SpA in focus I 2HKO most Yveltals and I think every viable Gengar with Ice Beam (who tries to be smart not mega-evolving when Will-O-Wisping). Flamethrower to help deal with Scizor/Genesect or just a Bronzong switch-in. As I talked about earlier in my description of Lugia, here comes the dilemma. I'm as I've mentioned very satisfied with having Arceus as SpA, and putting Defog on it will make it far too slow. Do I need Defog badly enough to make it HP/Def/Spe and skip SpA, while also losing my Scizor/Genesect/Bronzong check with Flamethrower? Please share your thoughts on this. As for Nature I go with Timid to outspeed Groudon/Ho-Oh.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

We have arrived at my last slot. Is it an obvious choice? It felt obvious, for some reason. A dragon killer was something to be found, and indeed it was found. Also needed something to handle Dark types, since both my defensive gadgets happen to be Psychic. Going with a quite standard set of abilities. I decided since I don't have any priority moves on this team that I wanted something strong and game breaking, which Xerneas happens to be. Therefore I went the Geomancy route. Moonblast, a necessity. Focus Blast to be able to take down Steel types, but also to be able to break down some threats that resist Moonblast when Xerneas won't live to get to use two Moonblasts. Aromatherapy, not only because I can help my team out of status conditions, but to help Xerneas out of them when he's up against some stall-ish Pokémon that thinks that everything will be fine now that they got a paralyze on it (Sequence: 1) Xer: Geomancy, Other: Paralyze; 2) Xer: Aromatherapy, Other: *whatever it decides to do, usually not another status condition*; 3) Xer: Moonblast/Focus Blast, Other: Probably dead.). Does a lot of work against Darkrai (having had Kyogre put to sleep, hopefully), Yveltal and even Mewtwo X, but also poses a big threat overall. Works perfectly as a revenge killer as well (while setting up at the same time), even if it doesn't have a priority move. 44 Spe to outspeed Genesect with Scarf when having Geomancy up. Full SpA for obvious reasons. 184 HP/28 Def to survive hits to be able to set up. Modest Nature for obvious reasons.

~~~

There we go. That's the team. Most of the EVs were taken from Smogon, since I didn't know too much about that stuff when I created the team. I've learnt a lot though and I also now know exactly why I have these certain EVs and natures. Progress!

So two questions were raised by me throughout the walkthrough:

Q1: Is it worth the risk to go Fireproof on Bronzong?

Q2: Do I need Defog? Is it really worth slowing down my Arceus-Ground and making it defensive (when it's really helping me loads by being SpA) to get Defog?

A third question also comes to mind now.

Q3: Is it essential to have a priority move on your team? Rather, do I need a priority move?

Funny enough, it just hit me now after playing with the team for two days: I have no physical sweeper. I guess that's saying something about my experience in Pokémon.

Q4: Do I need a physical damage dealer?

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

Kyogre-Primal (with Rest/Sleep Talk)

I don't really have a steady switch-in for this one. I have my own, so it usually just goes face to face with it and I hope to get a switch in to Xerneas or something when it's about to rest. I think it's more of a problem theoretically than it actually has been practically.

Mega-Gengar

No real good switch-ins here either. I actually haven't had a too big of a problem here, yet, but I can definitely see it becoming a problem. I usually fish with Arc-Ground to get it to Will-o-Wisp me (if it's the WoW version) so I get a free Ice Beam off on it, which takes it to 50%. Then I definitely have to switch out since Hex will sweep. Then it no longer is a too big threat. And I guess Arc-Ground also manages to handle other version of Gengar as well, keeping it out of Mega form and also threatening 2HKO with Ice Beam.

Darkrai (with Substitute/Nasty Plot - can get to be a problem)

With a misplay on my part (or if Sleep Talk on Kyogre just decides to Rest when he sets up Substitute... that's why I usually switch out from Kyogre when he's put to sleep) this could definitely sweep my whole team. Will have to sacrifice large portions of my team just to get that Substitute off.

Chansey (since I have no physical sweeper or taunter, it could cause trouble)

Haven't been up against too many Chanseys, but I can see why it would be a problem.

~~~

That's it for now. Thank you for checking out my team and reading what I had to say. I very much look forward to your advice and observations.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, this hit me from the preview: You have no good physical attacker (Gyro Ball Bronzong and Ditto both don't count). You also lack P-don, an essential part of practically every viable team. You also have a weakness to ghost-types in general. I'd suggest a Stealth Rock P-don set over Bronzong and a Swords Dance Arceus (E-killer preferred as it is immune to ghost-types) as you really need another physical attacker. Finally, you need to replace Ditto with something else. How do you handle stall? While I'd usually suggest a good wallbreaker here, you obviously need a hazard remover as rocks spoils Lugia's purpose. So I'd suggest removing Lugia too and getting two new mons, like Darkrai and Salamence. GTG now, good luck!

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Tbh this team REALLY wants PDon so I'd suggest that over Bronzobg. You could also try to fit Swords Dance somewhere on PDOn as well to help break stuff but SR + 3 attacks should be fine.

If you do cram SD onto PDon try adding Defog > Flamethrower on Arc Ground.

If you don't run SD thin add some type SD Arceus (one that has a good time versus Gengar like Normal)

Finally change dittos IVs to match HP Ice so you revenge latis better

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this isn't bad for a first building attempt. I can address the questions you posed and offer some other insight.

For the first question, Bronzong's only viable ability is Levitate. You can try to bluff Levitate and run Heatproof, but it's unnecessary risk and your opponent will realize this if you're ever hit with a Fire-type move. For the second question yes, this team as it stands is very passive and has Pokemon that require anti hazard support. As you mentioned Arceus-Ground can run Defog here. This is not a set that I typically recommend, but it's at least better than your current Arceus-Ground set. There is also the problem of having to change additional Pokemon by running Defog on something else and I want to minimize the number of changes I suggest. For your third question priority is not required, but it is appreciated. This applies more to offensive teams than defensive ones however. For the fourth question I would say yes, this team needs a physical stallbreaker. Your primary stallbreaker Xerneas is specially oriented and this team would benefit from having one or more physical ones.

With all of that addressed here is what I propose. Start by replacing Ditto with Primal Groudon. Ditto is a Pokemon that has very limited defensive synergy and is only an offensive threat in particular matchups. For a team such as this you want a Pokemon that offers far more consistent utility and is able to better check Ho-Oh so Primal Groudon is an obvious choice. Because Bronzong is your Stealth Rock setter this allows you to run a Primal Groudon with setup moves. I think a double dance set would be good for this team because it allows you to run an offensive EV spread that still checks Xerneas. This also greatly helps some of your problems against opposing Primal Kyogre and gets you a strong physical stallbreaker.

There is another Pokemon change that I think you should make which is running Ho-Oh over Lugia. This team can check Primal Groudon between Arceus-Ground and Primal Kyogre. Your other Ground immunity is weak to Fire, but you have Primal Kyogre and Ho-Oh to deter this. The Ho-Oh set I would recommend runs a Life Orb along with Roost and Substitute. Your team prior to Ho-Oh felt weak to Ghost-types and Substitute here will provide additional defense against Swords Dance Arceus-Ghost. The EV spread is offensive and allows Ho-Oh to also serve as a physical stallbreaker.

There are some other little touches I would make. As previously mentioned you should run Defog over Flamethrower on Arceus-Ground. This provides the team with anti hazard support without having to make additional Pokemon changes, just note that you can probably approach something much more solid if you change the support Arceus type and replace Primal Kyogre accordingly. The EV spread should also run more Speed and significant Defense investment over Special Attack. Another small change I would make is running Skill Swap over Protect on Bronzong. This will allow it to set Stealth Rock against Mega Sableye and makes it a much more solid check to Mega Salamence. I would also adjust the Xerneas moveset to run Hidden Power Rock over Aromatherapy since this team has some problems against Ho-Oh.

Summary:
- Replace Ditto with this Primal Groudon set
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 216 Atk / 216 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades
- Replace Lugia with this Ho-Oh set
Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Change Flamethrower to Defog on Arceus-Ground and run an EV spread of 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe / Timid
- Change Protect to Skill Swap on Bronzong
- Change Aromatherapy on Xerneas to Hidden Power Rock
- Consider running a different support Arceus and replacing Primal Kyogre

This doesn't fix all your problems, but it is a vast improvement on what you have and doesn't make very many changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)