Designing a Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to write an article about Other Metagames. Specifically on how to design your own metagame. What to look for and in general how you can make the best out of it. I know there's already been a How to submit article, so it won't have to cover that part. It seems like there hasn't been an article, and it should be informational for people who are interested to get into OM's and want to create a metagame themselves, whether they have an idea already or want to think of one. I do realize this might be a little similar to the submitting article, but this should dive into helping people think of one, or letting people check whether it's good or not, which is something a lot of people need help with in my experience.

The structure would be like this:

Brief Introduction about Other Metagames and Submissions

Small talk about ideas
- Good ideas to use
- What to think of if you want a successful metagame.
- Reviewing
- Miscellaneous

Conclusion

Things might be changed a little, but nothing major. I hope this is alright.

I guess I'm credible enough to write this by now. I've managed three OMotM's and am a roommod in the PS OM room. If you want to check though, you can ask one of the OM Leaders.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is the earlier article in question, for anyone wondering.

Personally, based on that skeleton alone, I don't see myself convinced that this article will provide anything significantly better than what the earlier article covered. I suppose if you threw in general good manners in regards on how to behave and support the OM community, then that'd make some more meat on the bones. Alternatively, you could expand on the above skeleton and bring up the notable points you'll be going over. But currently, I'm leaning towards no.

Valmanway The Immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)